New Disney Releases

soccerstud652

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
Amazon has pre-orders up for (w/ a tentative release date of June 11, 2013):

Lilo & Stitch / Lilo & Stitch: Stitch Has A Glitch Two-Movie Collection (Three Disc Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Lilo-Stitch-T...id=1364254426&sr=1-1&keywords=lilo+and+stitch

Atlantis: The Lost Empire / Atlantis: Milo's Return: Two-Movie Collection (Three Disc Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Atlantis-Empi...Blu-ray/dp/B00BWRKVTU/ref=zg_bs_2958935011_41

The Emperor's New Groove / Kronk's New Groove: Two-Movie Collection (Three Disc Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Emperors-New-...364254471&sr=1-1&keywords=emperors+new+groove

I don't see any of the usual Amazon discount coupons - anyone have info on the coupons?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='INCyr']Looks like you should be able to get them for $24 each at BN. However, I tried 2 different stores, and neither had them with slip cases, so I just ordered them from amazon. Hopefully it's not too late to get them with slip cases from amazon as well, the rest of my Disney & Ghibli films have them.[/QUOTE]

I've read that B&N tosses there slips at the store level.

[quote name='pixeloblivion13']I purchased Howl's and Totoro at Best Buy yesterday and was trying to get the save $6 deal by showing them the web offer on my phone. When the cashier hit total it came up that I had a $10 Best Buy gift certificate for purchasing the two blu-rays. Don't know if it was supposed to, but I can't complain on getting a free $10 GC.[/QUOTE]

I read on another forum that the movies are classified as "tv-anime" and BBY has some sort of promotion of a $10 giftcard when you spend $50 or more.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can contact Disney to ask for replacement slip covers on most dvds/blu-rays, right?

[quote name='SMBScooby']How much are they at Costco?[/QUOTE]

This weekend Costco had blu-ray Disney movie sets for $16.99 and the 3D sets for $23.99 !

[quote name='Gden']Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can contact Disney to ask for replacement slip covers on most dvds/blu-rays, right?[/QUOTE]

Huh. Wonder if that's true, and if it is, if it's too late to cancel my amazon order...

[quote name='INCyr']Huh. Wonder if that's true, and if it is, if it's too late to cancel my amazon order...[/QUOTE]

I don't know about this weekend only, somebody brought up a Disney $8 coupon, but the new ghibili movies have a different sku than the rest.

[quote name='Gden']Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can contact Disney to ask for replacement slip covers on most dvds/blu-rays, right?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='INCyr']Huh. Wonder if that's true, and if it is, if it's too late to cancel my amazon order...[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can order replacement slipcovers for a fee. You can also order replacement cover art. I don't recall the phone number, but the info can be found at the Blu-ray forum Disney Movie Club thread here.

[quote name='grassmonk']Yes, you can order replacement slipcovers for a fee. You can also order replacement cover art. I don't recall the phone number, but the info can be found at the Blu-ray forum Disney Movie Club thread here.[/QUOTE]

I purchased Howl's moving castle and My neighbor totoro but they didn't come with slip covers. I called Disney and they said they were never issued slip covers to begin with so were unable to send me any. Did anyone get slipcovers for these two movies?

[quote name='rishiraja']I purchased Howl's moving castle and My neighbor totoro but they didn't come with slip covers. I called Disney and they said they were never issued slip covers to begin with so were unable to send me any. Did anyone get slipcovers for these two movies?[/QUOTE]

That rep is wrong, they do indeed come with slips. I'd contact them again, some reps are from different locations and may have different info. Make sure to refer to them as "O-Sleeves" if you haven't already.

From a Blu-ray.com member:

null_zps673d21b5.jpg

...You know, I almost wish Blu-rays would become standard so companies could putting these ugly ass blue bars/borders on cover arts. I am almost tempted to put them in the DVD case

[quote name='matt2425']Let me know what the price is in store. I was going to head over and do the same thing, but now am worried once I saw the online reservation price.[/QUOTE]Picked them up yesterday with the $23.99 start price and 10% off from the B&N membership.

Have to check to see if they come with slips or not and if not, call Disney and get new slips/O-sleeves sent out.

[quote name='ssjmichael']That rep is wrong, they do indeed come with slips. I'd contact them again, some reps are from different locations and may have different info. Make sure to refer to them as "O-Sleeves" if you haven't already.

null_zps673d21b5.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Looks like coffee table did on Tues. :D

I ordered all the Ghibli blu-rays that Amazon had on sale, and all them came with slips except for Ponyo. Now I'm worried they won't come with my Disney order of Totoro and Howl.

[quote name='ssjmichael']That rep is wrong, they do indeed come with slips. I'd contact them again, some reps are from different locations and may have different info. Make sure to refer to them as "O-Sleeves" if you haven't already.

null_zps673d21b5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll call them again.

Yeah, received mine from Amazon, both came with sleeves. Wondering if I shouldn't have gotten them at B&N and saved the $8, but it's probably worth it to just get the sleeves on them from Amazon and not have to try and get them from Disney.

[quote name='shrike4242']For the missing slip/O-sleeve issues, what is the phone number people are calling?[/QUOTE]
^this can someone please post the number?

[quote name='greenwolfe7']^this can someone please post the number?[/QUOTE]

I was going to third the request but did a search instead, I found this on DVDtalk, I don't know how accurate it is, first thing I found.

Quote:
Thank you for your e-mail. We are happy to let you know that o-sleeves, wraps, and cases can be purchased for a nominal charge. The cost for these items in a single shipment is $3.95 for the first item, and $1.00 for each additional item.

If you would like to purchase an o-sleeve, wrap, or case, you may send $3.95 (add $1.00 for each additional item) to our Consumer Relations Department to cover shipping and handling for these items. To take advantage of this offer, a check or money order (made payable to WDSHE Consumer Relations) along with a letter of intent should be sent to:

WDSHE Consumer Relations
PO Box 3100
Neenah, WI 54957-3100

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this email. You may also contact us at 1-800-723-4763 (Canada: 1-888-877-2843), Monday 9:30-7:30 and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST.

Sincerely,

Walt Disney Studios Distribution Consumer Relations
US and Canada

Has anybody doing the O-sleeves been able to verify if they have Ponyo available? Neither Amazon nor Disney club are shipping them with the sleeves anymore, and I don't want to just send a check into the ether if they don't have them. And I feel weird calling about slipcovers. But if they have Ponyo I might order replacements for all at the same time to upgrade the condition on them.

Also, was there a version of Spirited Away with Ghibli branding? I'm looking at this, but the picture makes me suspicious this might be a bootleg based on the plastic seal being over the slip.
Spirited Away. My DVD copy doesn't match the other Ghibli branding, and I was curious if there is a version out there that looks like that.

Neither Amazon, nor Disney have Ponyo slips anymore as far as I know. Your best bet is to look on ebay, or another trading site for it.

I can't say I've seen that version of Spirited Away before. No Disney site seemed to have it, and when I looked through Google Images, just 3 sites showed it, and they're all from China. I would lean towards it being a bootleg.

Here's one such site, selling them in Bulk: http://www.tradedes.com/sell-wholes..._kids_cartoon_movies-108786.html#.UaV8CL3dO84

Lilo and Emperor's New Groove Blu-rays are now at the Disney Movie Club. Get both for $30 (not each, combined) and if you buy either Pocahantas or Monsters Inc on Blu-ray for a total of $43, you get free shipping.

The first thing I do when I get my Disney Blus is throw out the sleeves. I didn't know they were so highly in demand, maybe I should be selling these.

[quote name='Vegan']The first thing I do when I get my Disney Blus is throw out the sleeves. I didn't know they were so highly in demand, maybe I should be selling these.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit

[quote name='DNukem170']Lilo and Emperor's New Groove Blu-rays are now at the Disney Movie Club. Get both for $30 (not each, combined) and if you buy either Pocahantas or Monsters Inc on Blu-ray for a total of $43, you get free shipping.[/QUOTE]

If you want Monsters Inc it is actually cheaper to put them in the cart separately and you will still get free shipping. Monsters Inc is only $12.48 at the half off price (while you are paying $13.00 if you do it through the offer)

I went with Lilo and ENG for $29.95, Nemo for $12.48, and Howl's Moving Castle for $14.98 for a total of $57.41.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Holy shit[/QUOTE]

What? It's just cardboard that has the EXACT SAME stuff as the actual Blu-ray case.

Fackkkkk. My Ponyo didn't come with a slip. It looks out of place.

I will say I like the gold and blue together.

I just picked up a few Ghibli blus at B&N and none of them had slipcovers. Not a biggie to me, but kind of odd if they're supposed to have them.

[quote name='Petey Parker']If you want Monsters Inc it is actually cheaper to put them in the cart separately and you will still get free shipping. Monsters Inc is only $12.48 at the half off price (while you are paying $13.00 if you do it through the offer)[/QUOTE]

Meh, I am not gonna cry over $1. Not like I'm keeping Monsters Inc. anyway.

I follow someone on Twitter (@RyanGallagher) who has his copy of Emperor's New Groove on blu-ray for review and he's saying there are no bonus features on the blu-ray, really tempted to cancel my order and hope to find it cheaper at a later date. The Atlantis blu-ray does have supplements

Decided to go ahead and keep my orders for Lilo and Atlantis. I'll pass on Emperor's New Groove for now, even though I personally loved it as a kid.

Totally forgot these were out next week and Lilo already shipped.  Pretty sad there's no sales on these again and not even advertised.  WTF is going on at Disney?  Stop shitting on releases just because they weren't mega hits you fuckwads.

Eh? Lilo was a big enough hit to get 3 more movies and two TV series.
What I mean is they don't seem to promote shit anymore unless it's relevant or a vault release. I had completely forgotten these were coming out this week until I saw the shipping notice pop up.

I follow someone on Twitter (@RyanGallagher) who has his copy of Emperor's New Groove on blu-ray for review and he's saying there are no bonus features on the blu-ray, really tempted to cancel my order and hope to find it cheaper at a later date. The Atlantis blu-ray does have supplements
According to the review on blu-ray.com, the special features for each movie are included on the DVD discs. Sucks that they aren't on the blu-ray disc as well. Same for the Lilo & Stitch 2-Pack.

Just got them in. These sets don't have the disc listing that normal Disney releases have that tell you what is on each disc. Warning sign right there.

Damn.  My copies of Emperor & Lilo have both shipped (expected today) and it sounds like I should have held off on them.

I hope this trend doesnt' continue to the next batch - I'll be really pissed if Robin Hood is a bare bones release.

I think because they are squeezing both movies on to one blu, plus then each movie on its own dvd, they don't want to add a 4th/5th disc to some of these releases.  Remember, Lilo and Emperors are both the first and second movies, making that the 3 disc set.  I think they just cheaped out on the 4th disc here.

i'll be keeping my SE of Emperors and hopefully finding a copy of L&S SE for those extras.  

Well, it appears that Best Buy isn't carrying these in store.
YEP! My store had nothing and Target puts them in those retarded cases that crunch the slipcover, so Amazon it is!
Don't throw Target out the window yet, I found this on Blu-Ray.com.

Buy 2 save $6 at Best Buy

I found the same offer attached to Lilo and Stitch at Target, coupled with the Red Card not a bad discount.

EDIT: When i say attached, I mean there is a manufacturers coupon on the slip.

bread's done
Back