NEW Gamerush Deals thread - This place still rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='fragmanslayer']Fable was still fetching $35 last night.[/quote]Do you know if they had any signs or anything about it still getting $35 (such as it being written on the board)? Doesn't list Fable on the newest sheet. :?

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='fragmanslayer']Fable was still fetching $35 last night.[/quote]Do you know if they had any signs or anything about it still getting $35 (such as it being written on the board)? Doesn't list Fable on the newest sheet. :?[/quote]

how much did the newest sign say they were going to give for fable?

btw, are there any other good forums similar to cheapassgamer where they talk about gaming deals? i love cheapassgamer, and it has saved me more money than i could have thought of, but it doesnt hurt to know some other forums.

went to gamerush and they have a new deal started today, dunno when it ends but its get new game for 29.99 with trade in.

Just thought i'd post it here.

[quote name='milmanias']Where exactly is the trade 1 game get $10 off a new game coupon? I picked up one of their new booklets in the counter but it did not have this offer.[/quote]

In the mailer I got (which may not be the same as what's in stores, I didn't look too closely), the coupon is on the back page. It's round instead of square, so it may escape your eyes at first.

Any ideas what a GameCube gets in trade? I want to get a DS and the GC is just collecting dust (along with the few games i have for it)

GBA original not worth too much, maybe 20 or less. Do you have your local BB/GR number, give em a call and ask them to look it up. Since prices sometimes vary between stores, states, whatever.

[quote name='jecclr']Any ideas what a GameCube gets in trade? I want to get a DS and the GC is just collecting dust (along with the few games i have for it)[/quote]

Last I heard, a GC system fetches $55. You might want to call your store just to double check, though.

im in the la area and i dont know if its all stores but my local GR had the trade 1 get a new realease for 29.99 totally scored today. traded in ps1 games and got fable and halo 2 (LE). then the cool manager told me that they were running another deal with new releases. so i traded in another game and got ghost recon 2 for 29.99 GR has the best deals around by far.

[quote name='rafissaying']im in the la area and i dont know if its all stores but my local GR had the trade 1 get a new realease for 29.99 totally scored today. traded in ps1 games and got fable and halo 2 (LE). then the cool manager told me that they were running another deal with new releases. so i traded in another game and got ghost recon 2 for 29.99 GR has the best deals around by far.[/quote]

are you serious??? i live in orange county, about 40 minutes south of LA. do you know how long the deal will last for? hope my GR has it

[quote name='spin03'][quote name='rafissaying']im in the la area and i dont know if its all stores but my local GR had the trade 1 get a new realease for 29.99 totally scored today. traded in ps1 games and got fable and halo 2 (LE). then the cool manager told me that they were running another deal with new releases. so i traded in another game and got ghost recon 2 for 29.99 GR has the best deals around by far.[/quote]

are you serious??? i live in orange county, about 40 minutes south of LA. do you know how long the deal will last for? hope my GR has it[/quote]

the people at blockbuster told me that they just got the deal and they don't know when its ending. i'm really looking to pick up metroid prime 2, prince of persia, and if it lasts long enough then ill be picking up RE4. but does anyone know an approximate date on when the trade 1 get 1 new for 29.99 is going to end?

Just called a few locations in Dallas and they said they were also running the trade in a game, get a new game for 29.99 deal. It is true my friends, he said they started it today. And i thought the deals couldnt get any better...

[quote name='Worldcup08']Just called a few locations in Dallas and they said they were also running the trade in a game, get a new game for 29.99 deal. It is true my friends, he said they started it today. And i thought the deals couldnt get any better...[/quote]

if this is true, then it really makes the trade 1 get $10 off a new game coupon useless...

unless, of course you could combine them to get a new game for $20. :wink:

[quote name='ksuwild25']Worldcup - What Dallas locations? Any in Allen, Plano or Mckinney? *crosses fingers.*[/quote]
I wanna know too. I just called the Garland and Richardson locations and they said they only have the 'trade 3, get a preowned for $10' deal... :(

Don't know if this was already posted, as I don't have time to look.

But the Game Rush in Richardson on Campbell says they don't allow sports games that are older than 2004. YMMV?

i figured out what is going on with the trade 2, get a game for 29.99 (well at least in southern cali)

i called my gamerush to see if they had the trade 2 get a game for 29.99, and the guy told me that i had to bring in a coupon for the deal to work. i asked him where i could find the coupons, and he told me that some regal theaters (edwards cinemas) are selling them. i called about 5 theaters with 10 miles of me, and 1 of them had it. i went to the movie theater, asked a guy for a coupon, and he gave me a bunch. this may just be YMMV, but just a heads up for those in southern california

btw, on the back of the coupon it lists every gamerush in southen cal

I just got back from a socal gamerush. The deal with "trade in one PO and get a new game for 29.99" is indeed in effect. I just got back with MGS3 and Metriod Prime 2, after trading in 2 crappy ps2 games. PS1 games cannot be traded in for this promo.

[quote name='billyknoxville']I just got back from a socal gamerush. The deal with "trade in one PO and get a new game for 29.99" is indeed in effect. I just got back with MGS3 and Metriod Prime 2, after trading in 2 crappy ps2 games. PS1 games cannot be traded in for this promo.[/quote]

which gamerush is that?

[quote name='rafissaying']im in the la area and i dont know if its all stores but my local GR had the trade 1 get a new realease for 29.99 totally scored today. traded in ps1 games and got fable and halo 2 (LE). then the cool manager told me that they were running another deal with new releases. so i traded in another game and got ghost recon 2 for 29.99 GR has the best deals around by far.[/quote]

which store is that?

[quote name='mrtoki'][quote name='billyknoxville']I just got back from a socal gamerush. The deal with "trade in one PO and get a new game for 29.99" is indeed in effect. I just got back with MGS3 and Metriod Prime 2, after trading in 2 crappy ps2 games. PS1 games cannot be traded in for this promo.[/quote]

which gamerush is that?[/quote]

Redlands

redlands? dayam that's too far.. with current gas prices, i'd end up paying full price for the game. thanks for the info tho. if anyone knows a gamerush in the L.A. area that has the trade one get a new game for 29.99 please let me know. i've stopped by 3 stores in the SF Valley within the past couple of days already and they only had the trade 3 get a PO for $10. i did find burnout 3 and halo 2 at those stores though, so it's all good.

[quote name='billyknoxville']I just got back from a socal gamerush. The deal with "trade in one PO and get a new game for 29.99" is indeed in effect. I just got back with MGS3 and Metriod Prime 2, after trading in 2 crappy ps2 games. PS1 games cannot be traded in for this promo.[/quote]

the manager at my local GR let me use ps1 games. but i think that its just YMMV. tomorrow im going to pick up metroid prime 2, prince of persia, and maybe baten kaitos or another game that i cant think of at the moment

Traded in:
Nascar Dirt to Daytona (GCN) - $7.00
MVP Baseball 2003 (Xbox) - $5.00
Madden '03 (GCN) - $1.50

Picked up Halo 2 CE for my brother. It's practically brand new. The Xbox Live trial card is still insdie and has not been scratched. All the other inserts are there as well.

I also took advantage of the buy 2, get 1 sale and picked up:

Suikoden (complete) - $6.99
Slave Zero (DC) - $1.99
THPS 2 (DC) - Free

Update: Madden '03, not '06.

^ OMFG how did you get a Madden '06 already??? And they only gave you 1.50 NO WAY!! That is freaking crazy. It's like Oh My God crazy like totally.... yea crazy /sarcasm

A couple of noob questions regarding the trade 3 PO get one PO for $10...
1) I know it says that they will accept PS1 games for this offer, but I don't believe it. Has anyone been turned down after trying to trade in something like Madden 98?

2) Also, do you get credit towards that $10 price for the games you trade...Or, is it just $10 no matter what you trade in?

Thanks

[quote name='lordopus99']^ OMFG how did you get a Madden '06 already??? And they only gave you 1.50 NO WAY!! That is freaking crazy. It's like Oh My God crazy like totally.... yea crazy /sarcasm[/quote]

Good eyes, I missed that while I was typing. Damn number-pad, the 6 is always in the way of the 3.

It was Madden 2003, not '06. It'd be pretty cool to have next year's Madden a year early though. . .

Well, makes sense since it just came out today at GR/BB. So if you plan to flip it, since you probably could have gotten it for 29.99 or was it 19.99 (using the $20 off with 2 trades), you wont make as big a profit, as past games. Wait a week or two, and it will probably be up to 30 or at least 25.

A couple of noob questions regarding the trade 3 PO get one PO for $10...
1) I know it says that they will accept PS1 games for this offer, but I don't believe it. Has anyone been turned down after trying to trade in something like Madden 98?

2) Also, do you get credit towards that $10 price for the games you trade...Or, is it just $10 no matter what you trade in?

1. never had been turned yet. The oldest game I have traded in was PGA Tour 98. never had any attitude on what I traded in either

2. You get the promotion and then what the games actually trade in for. Thus, what you trade in can be used towards the 10 you pay on a preown.

just to let everyone know with old EA sports games...

everything from 98-05 they will accept. they dont take '97

spin03, all Blockbusters place their own restrictions for the trade-in deals. Some stores I know of have no restrictions, while one doesn't do sports games older than 2004, and a number of them don't take PS1 games period for the trade 3, get 1 for $9.99 deal. It all depends on the individual store that you visit.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Thanks for answering my questions folks...I'm guessing FIFA '97 isn't going to make the cut.[/quote]

IF you're trading in CA, its a pretty good chance they'll take PS1 games. I've been to maybe about 10 SoCal GR's, and have yet to face a problem trading in PS1 games. Most of the GR's that dont take PS1 games tend to be in Texas or in the East.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Thanks for answering my questions folks...I'm guessing FIFA '97 isn't going to make the cut.[/quote]

I'd give it a try anyway, or at least call your local GR and ask. I was at a GR near me the other day (socal-sherman oaks), and the guy there told me that the employees are allowed to use nintendo games for the trade 3 get one for $10 deal. If they're taking games that old, then maybe that store would take old ass sports games from regular customers.

Anyone know if promotion lengths are determined on a store by store basis? I went to one (just a regular BB, no Gamerush) last night to trade in three and get a used game for $10 and they said they weren't doing that any more. I was a little annoyed since they still had signs up for the promotion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back