NEW Gamerush Deals thread - This place still rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I suggest adding the DVD deals as well. They have at least $5 for dvd credit, more for newer titles. As far as buying dvds from them, what deals are they offering? Last time I checked it was 3 for $25. But that was before thanksgiving.

*edit*
just called and my socal location has 2 for $20. And then the store also does the Trade3Get1for$10 deal (non gamerush). This new information has just doubled my BB/GR pool for trading. Hope the info helps.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']Can I suggest adding the DVD deals as well. They have at least $5 for dvd credit, more for newer titles. As far as buying dvds from them, what deals are they offering? Last time I checked it was 3 for $25. But that was before thanksgiving.[/quote]

I think they are keeping DVD Deals in the DVD Deals Thread.....try over there. Not sure about the Pre-Viewed DVD deal currently.

[quote name='mrtoki']redlands? dayam that's too far.. with current gas prices, i'd end up paying full price for the game. thanks for the info tho. if anyone knows a gamerush in the L.A. area that has the trade one get a new game for 29.99 please let me know. i've stopped by 3 stores in the SF Valley within the past couple of days already and they only had the trade 3 get a PO for $10. i did find burnout 3 and halo 2 at those stores though, so it's all good.[/quote]

Aside from the gamerush rafissaying mentioned, I think that SoCal gamerushes running this offer are few and far between. The gamerush on Sunset Blvd as well as the one in Culver City are only offering the trade 3 get 1 used for $10. I wish these offers were more universal but I can't complain since Gamerush, for the most part, has been awesome with its deals.

[quote name='"captainfrizo"']Traded in:
I also took advantage of the buy 2, get 1 sale and picked up:

Suikoden (complete) - $6.99
Slave Zero (DC) - $1.99
THPS 2 (DC) - Free
Damn! Great find with the $6.99 Suikoden! I just paid $30 for that on Ebay a few weeks ago. I had it and beat it back in the day; it's a great game.

I was in the Los Angeles Gamerush on Venice on Saturday to pick up my gamecube POP 2 pre-order and it hadn't come in yet. He thought it should already be in, anyone know if their gamerush got the gamecube version of Prince of Persia Warrior Within?

Also while I was there some guy traded in a couple movies, I think two copies of the same movie. After he left the manager got suspicious and looked up his account. Sure enough he had traded the same movie 4 times already (2 copies on two occasions) earlier in the week. Don't know if it was anyone here, but just to let you know your account has been flagged. The guys running that gamerush are pretty on top of things.

Best advice is not to get on anyones shit list. If you chitchat with the gamerush people and get on their good side, they can let you know when things are happening (flagged account, holds, make late fees vanish) plus give you first dibs on new games traded in. Thats how I got zelda 4 swords and tales of symphonia for $10 each. Plus if you are even good friends with them they will tell you stuff like, in a couple of weeks, employees get 30% off or retail... hmmm, time to spend credit as if its going out of style.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']Can I suggest adding the DVD deals as well. They have at least $5 for dvd credit, more for newer titles. As far as buying dvds from them, what deals are they offering? Last time I checked it was 3 for $25. But that was before thanksgiving.

*edit*
just called and my socal location has 2 for $20. And then the store also does the Trade3Get1for$10 deal (non gamerush). This new information has just doubled my BB/GR pool for trading. Hope the info helps.[/quote]If you mean to add that to my post on the first page, then I'll try to update it with some new stuff.

Got 11 PS1 games from EB games that I ordered a week ago. Won't be able to go to GameRush until Friday, though. :(

[quote name='Trakan']sj41, you should make a new thread. This one is 1000 posts and 500 is usually the cutoff point.[/quote]That's really up to Wshakspear and the mods. This does have alot of posts, but the other one had almost a 100 pages worth of 'em. :lol:

Called a few gamerushes in the area (los angeles) and they are all out of xbox's (new). Was hoping to pick one up with my built up credit, since my roomate who owns the one in my house is moving out.

One gamerush I went to said they were sold out then laughed and said but we have a lot of gamecube's sarcastically. Being a cube fan I bit my tongue.

SJ41, you should make a new topic. This is a bit big, and id rather people feel stupid for missing the first post than the second :)

[quote name='Wshakspear']SJ41, you should make a new topic. This is a bit big, and id rather people feel stupid for missing the first post than the second :)[/quote] :lol: Thanks.

I'll make it tomorrow when GameRush updates trade in prices and stuff like that if it's okay. :)

so does anyone know how the whole "flagging" your account works? ive been trying to switch up going to gr's everyday and not going to the sameone all the time. i have a friend at one gr, he said its possible that they could ban your account if they knew what you were doing. basically , does anyone know what it takes to get your account flagged?

Does anyone know of a GR in southern CA (prefer los angeles area) that have DS in stock. I would rather buy with credit then shell out cash at another store.

I was at a Gamerush and used my gift card with $140 on it and the guy was quizing me about where I traded to get that on a gift card, I think they are really trying to crack down on their loopholes now.

You could always get smaller denominations of Giftcards using your value card (not eligible for the extra $5 when you buy $50, though). That way you wont have to put up with that crap at other stores. Of course you will get looked at funny at the first store, but shaq-fu em, unless they are nice.

Hey, should these GameRush threads be in the Post a deal or Deal Discussions? I guess post a deal, but we do alot of discussing GameRush as well. :)

I'll make a thread now for GameRush in the Post a deal, so we a mod can just move it if he thinks it should be in the deal discussion forum.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']You could always get smaller denominations of Giftcards using your value card (not eligible for the extra $5 when you buy $50, though). That way you wont have to put up with that crap at other stores. Of course you will get looked at funny at the first store, but shaq-fu em, unless they are nice.[/quote]

I picked up 2 $50 GCs with my credit tonight and got the extra $5 GC with each... nothing like making money on cashing in credit for more credit... bypassed needing to buy a game and trade it :p

Used the trade 1 get any new game for $39.99 tonight and picked up Mario Tennis.

They did reject my attempt to do the trade 3 and get any Preowned for $10 when I brought up the Halo 2 Limited Edition they had... they indicated that deal could not be used ion the LE, so that's when I hit them up on buying GCs with my credit

[quote name='sj41']Hey, should these GameRush threads be in the Post a deal or Deal Discussions? I guess post a deal, but we do alot of discussing GameRush as well. :)

I'll make a thread now for GameRush in the Post a deal, so we a mod can just move it if he thinks it should be in the deal discussion forum.[/quote]

I figured if the Targei clearance thread could be here, why not this. Its a mix of both, and it will probably help more people in "post a deal"

[quote name='rafissaying']got my mario party 6 and kotor 2 today. i might pick another two for some presents since my local GR is doing the trade 1 get one for 29.99.[/quote]

Could you please tell me which GR in so cali is doing the trade 1 for 29.99?

[quote name='sniper308'][quote name='fragmanslayer']You could always get smaller denominations of Giftcards using your value card (not eligible for the extra $5 when you buy $50, though). That way you wont have to put up with that crap at other stores. Of course you will get looked at funny at the first store, but shaq-fu em, unless they are nice.[/quote]

I picked up 2 $50 GCs with my credit tonight and got the extra $5 GC with each... nothing like making money on cashing in credit for more credit... bypassed needing to buy a game and trade it :p

Used the trade 1 get any new game for $39.99 tonight and picked up Mario Tennis.

They did reject my attempt to do the trade 3 and get any Preowned for $10 when I brought up the Halo 2 Limited Edition they had... they indicated that deal could not be used ion the LE, so that's when I hit them up on buying GCs with my credit[/quote]

Didn't stop me before on this LE or the Madden one or the Mortal Kombat one, great to get a $55 game for $10 :), also done the Value Card for $50 gift cards plus $5, only one person has told me I couldn't out of 10 stores

[quote name='Engineer_J'][quote name='sniper308'][quote name='fragmanslayer']You could always get smaller denominations of Giftcards using your value card (not eligible for the extra $5 when you buy $50, though). That way you wont have to put up with that crap at other stores. Of course you will get looked at funny at the first store, but shaq-fu em, unless they are nice.[/quote]

They did reject my attempt to do the trade 3 and get any Preowned for $10 when I brought up the Halo 2 Limited Edition they had... they indicated that deal could not be used ion the LE, so that's when I hit them up on buying GCs with my credit[/quote]

Didn't stop me before on this LE or the Madden one or the Mortal Kombat one, great to get a $55 game for $10 :), also done the Value Card for $50 gift cards plus $5, only one person has told me I couldn't out of 10 stores[/quote]

yeah I know, I may try again. I got the MK LE on that deal a while back, but figured I would not push my luck... So I just milked it for the free $10 in GCs and only traded one game to get Mario Tennis for $39.99 (using my coupon)

[quote name='Engineer_J']true, people are a lot more suspect of me lately at Gamerush's, but visits back to once a week for a while so I don't get banned[/quote]

It all depends on how you conduct yourself.
I go in and trade 3 PS1 games for the newest used game they have on thier shelves about twice a week at 2-3 different stores.

I'm always polite to the clerks, and there are 2-3 employees in each store that are happy to see me come in each time.

Can someone please tell me what this $5 for $50 thing is? If I buy a gift card for $50, I will get free $5 gift card as well? Can the $50 gift card be purchased with other gift cards?

[quote name='jboy']Can someone please tell me what this $5 for $50 thing is? If I buy a gift card for $50, I will get free $5 gift card as well? Can the $50 gift card be purchased with other gift cards?[/quote]

This is a deal where you spend $50 to purchase gift card, you will get a $50 gift card and an additional $5 giftcard as a bonus. You cannot use your giftcard to buy additional giftcards.

However, you can use your value card (the yellow card w/blockbuster logo) to buy gift cards. Some store may not let you use the value card to buy giftcard, but most would. You can buy as many gift cards as you want. For every $50 in giftcard you will get a $5 bonus.

Hope that answers your question

The rules on the $50 get $5 GC free are that you cannot use credit to get credit. But as some have posted, the csr are a bit lax on the rules. I think I should go try again, myself.

:oops: Forgot to link the new thread. Thanks for linking it for me, spin. :)

This will probally be closed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back