NEW Gamerush Deals thread - This place still rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='scuba'][quote name='xzafixz']I have a question, today I did the trade 3 get 1 for $10 deal and got MK:Deception. I played it and I don't like it much so I want to just go back and trade it in to try for something else. My question is will they look up that I just got the game yesterday for 10 dollars and give me shit about trading it back in, or will it be no problem?[/quote]
I want that game soo much! what system is it for? would you trade it to me :)

all they had at mine was ninja gaiden and 30 copies of madden 2005

also I see you live in Detroit what gamerush did you go to?[/quote]

Detroit (and suburb) game rushs are disapointing when it comes to PO's. I go to about 5 in the area and none of them regularly have good, relatively new, pre owned games.

[quote name='slavefive'][quote name='scuba'][quote name='xzafixz']I have a question, today I did the trade 3 get 1 for $10 deal and got MK:Deception. I played it and I don't like it much so I want to just go back and trade it in to try for something else. My question is will they look up that I just got the game yesterday for 10 dollars and give me shit about trading it back in, or will it be no problem?[/quote]

Detroit (and suburb) game rushs are disapointing when it comes to PO's. I go to about 5 in the area and none of them regularly have good, relatively new, pre owned games.[/quote]

You've got to be joking. That's my hunting ground, and it's actually a rather fertile one. Perhaps you're always getting to the stores right after I do :)

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='slavefive'][quote name='scuba'][quote name='xzafixz']I have a question, today I did the trade 3 get 1 for $10 deal and got MK:Deception. I played it and I don't like it much so I want to just go back and trade it in to try for something else. My question is will they look up that I just got the game yesterday for 10 dollars and give me shit about trading it back in, or will it be no problem?[/quote]

Detroit (and suburb) game rushs are disapointing when it comes to PO's. I go to about 5 in the area and none of them regularly have good, relatively new, pre owned games.[/quote]

You've got to be joking. That's my hunting ground, and it's actually a rather fertile one. Perhaps you're always getting to the stores right after I do :)[/quote]

The guy in front of me got GTA:SA, NFSU2 and Halo2 all used. I'm not interested in them or already have them, but they don't seem to have very good used GC games which was all that I really wanted.

I just got Tony Hawk's Underground 2 ($45), Mortal Kombat Deception ($45) and Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow ($30) for $10 each after I stopped by EB and picked up 9 PlayStation games to trade there. I also traded in Fable for $35 since this will be the last day (well, tomorrow too) for it getting $35 trade in credit according to the sheet at GameRush with the listing of prices for games to trade in (they put out the sheets early). Nice day with GameRush and the EB computer games blowout. :D

I went to a different GameRush than I normally do and they didn't have any used Star Wars BattleFronts on Xbox. I'm going to try and go to the other one soon and pick one up along with a few other games, hopefully. :)

[quote name='sj41']I just got Tony Hawk's Underground 2 ($45), Mortal Kombat Deception ($45) and Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow ($30) for $10 each after I stopped by EB and picked up 9 PlayStation games to trade there. I also traded in Fable for $35 since this will be the last day (well, tomorrow too) for it getting $35 trade in credit according to the sheet at GameRush with the listing of prices for games to trade in (they put out the sheets early). Nice day with GameRush and the EB computer games blowout. :D

I went to a different GameRush than I normally do and they didn't have any used Star Wars BattleFronts on Xbox. I'm going to try and go to the other one soon and pick one up along with a few other games, hopefully. :)[/quote]

UH OH, do you know if MK:D will still be 35 tommorow?

[quote name='xzafixz'][quote name='sj41']I just got Tony Hawk's Underground 2 ($45), Mortal Kombat Deception ($45) and Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow ($30) for $10 each after I stopped by EB and picked up 9 PlayStation games to trade there. I also traded in Fable for $35 since this will be the last day (well, tomorrow too) for it getting $35 trade in credit according to the sheet at GameRush with the listing of prices for games to trade in (they put out the sheets early). Nice day with GameRush and the EB computer games blowout. :D

I went to a different GameRush than I normally do and they didn't have any used Star Wars BattleFronts on Xbox. I'm going to try and go to the other one soon and pick one up along with a few other games, hopefully. :)[/quote]

UH OH, do you know if MK:D will still be 35 tommorow?[/quote]Sorry, but I'm really not sure. On the new list it doesn't mention MK:D at all, but it will be either $30 or $25 so I'd trade it in tomorrow. The new trade in prices will be in effect on Tuesday.

how much will they be giving for fable starting tuesday?

my gamerush down here in southern cal doesnt get shit when it comes to used games. they have gotten a bunch of sw:battlefronts, and a bunch of maddens. i have never seen a gta:sa, fable, mk:deception, or anything that will score 30 or 35 in trade in

[quote name='spin03']how much will they be giving for fable starting tuesday?[/quote]Doesn't list Fable but it won't be $35. Probally $25 since they have so many copies at several stores.

[quote name='spin03']my gamerush down here in southern cal doesnt get shit when it comes to used games. they have gotten a bunch of sw:battlefronts, and a bunch of maddens. i have never seen a gta:sa, fable, mk:deception, or anything that will score 30 or 35 in trade in[/quote]Then you'll just have to get games that you want instead of worrying about trade in prices. That's why I got RS3 Black Arrow instead of a game that could get me $25-$35 even though they had several games that could have gotten me atleast $30. (I didn't even know that MK:D still got so much at GameRush. :? )

my gamerush's have no new xbox games, I've been sitting on a bunch of trades for a couple of weeks and nada, zip, niet, not a dicky bird!!

[quote name='xzafixz'][quote name='sj41']I just got Tony Hawk's Underground 2 ($45), Mortal Kombat Deception ($45) and Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow ($30) for $10 each after I stopped by EB and picked up 9 PlayStation games to trade there. I also traded in Fable for $35 since this will be the last day (well, tomorrow too) for it getting $35 trade in credit according to the sheet at GameRush with the listing of prices for games to trade in (they put out the sheets early). Nice day with GameRush and the EB computer games blowout. :D

UH OH, do you know if MK:D will still be 35 tommorow?[/quote]
which gamerush do you go to?

I just picked up Killzone, but I've never seen other new releases besides the huge abundance of Battlefront and Fable. There's quite of few Shellshock too, so maybe that gets good credit or it just flat out sucks.

[quote name='scuba'][quote name='xzafixz'][quote name='sj41']I just got Tony Hawk's Underground 2 ($45), Mortal Kombat Deception ($45) and Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow ($30) for $10 each after I stopped by EB and picked up 9 PlayStation games to trade there. I also traded in Fable for $35 since this will be the last day (well, tomorrow too) for it getting $35 trade in credit according to the sheet at GameRush with the listing of prices for games to trade in (they put out the sheets early). Nice day with GameRush and the EB computer games blowout. :D

which gamerush do you go to?[/quote]

13 and gratiot

[quote name='racthamp']anyone know how much spiderman 2 still fetch? thanx[/quote]

Probably $25, Usually, they buy back PO game $10 cheaper than what they would sell for.

Damn, I may have to go trade Fable and SW:Battlefront in today before I lose trade in credit on these.....too bad my store never has anything decent to buy.

[quote name='xzafixz'][quote name='scuba'][quote name='xzafixz'][quote name='sj41']I just got Tony Hawk's Underground 2 ($45), Mortal Kombat Deception ($45) and Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow ($30) for $10 each after I stopped by EB and picked up 9 PlayStation games to trade there. I also traded in Fable for $35 since this will be the last day (well, tomorrow too) for it getting $35 trade in credit according to the sheet at GameRush with the listing of prices for games to trade in (they put out the sheets early). Nice day with GameRush and the EB computer games blowout. :D

13 and gratiot[/quote]

That explains a whole lot :)
I used to get tons out of that store... now it's fallen to a trickle.
At least it's a CAG and not some random other person getting the deals :)

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='xzafixz'][quote name='scuba'][quote name='xzafixz'][quote name='sj41']I just got Tony Hawk's Underground 2 ($45), Mortal Kombat Deception ($45) and Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow ($30) for $10 each after I stopped by EB and picked up 9 PlayStation games to trade there. I also traded in Fable for $35 since this will be the last day (well, tomorrow too) for it getting $35 trade in credit according to the sheet at GameRush with the listing of prices for games to trade in (they put out the sheets early). Nice day with GameRush and the EB computer games blowout. :D

13 and gratiot[/quote]

That explains a whole lot :)
I used to get tons out of that store... now it's fallen to a trickle.
At least it's a CAG and not some random other person getting the deals :)[/quote]

BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!

No, I don't mind really, at least someone is getting deals there.

I traded in my MK:Deception for 35 today and got MP2:E with the 10 off a new game with trade coupon. And also Onimusha 3 is 14.99 there now, I don't know if it has been posted yet or not.

[quote name='doubledown']Hmm, maybe I should check the 13 & Gratiot store....I go to the 16 & Crocker BlockBuster.....

Is SW:BattleFront still getting $35 also?[/quote]

That explains why that one dried up too... :)

[quote name='doubledown']Hmm, maybe I should check the 13 & Gratiot store....I go to the 16 & Crocker BlockBuster.....

SW BattleFront still gets $35. I traded it in about 10 minutes ago.

Went into GameRush today, armed with the "$10 off new game with a trade-in" coupon. Was going to pick up MGS 3 (I know I'm a little late, but I was in Japan all last week). The cool-ass manager there said they just got a used one in from the head honcho manager, so I picked it up for $10 -- and got $30 trade-in for the three games, too. Happy happy joy joy!

^ nice

Trade-ins:
6 PS1 games - a couple bucks for SW Battlefront & Star Ocean
Pawned off SW Battlefront (35) with Outlaw Golf XMas (.50) and Ready to Rumble Boxing (1) for Halo 2.

I thought it was a good day.

Where exactly is the trade 1 game get $10 off a new game coupon? I picked up one of their new booklets in the counter but it did not have this offer.

Anyone else have problems with returning preorders for credit or switching preorders used in conjunction with coupons.

I preordered 12 titles from GR with 4 of the $19.99 preorder halo 2 release coupons. And deffinantly dont need 4 copies each of Doom III, KOTOR II, and Ghost Recon II.

Has anyone returned/exchanged a unopened title after they picked up a preorder.

The storms have aligned for me, buy 2 get 1 free on PS1 games from GameStop, typical 5$ investment gets me SW: BattleFront, another 5$ (3 PS1) gets me Spyro... So tomorrow trade both high dollar games in get 55$ credit + 2 new games (after donating some more gamestop PS1 gems).

Repeat over and over and over :)

Cool, but be sly. Reports are in from several here that Game Rush will ban you if they discover too much suspicious activity on your account. I went in today, and the salesperson read something on her monitor and asked me a few questions (I've abused the system for a while), but I don't think I'm banned as of yet (though I was just making a purchase, so I'm not sure...)

well as long as you dont sell the game you bought back to the same store you should be ok, from what i gather the computers are not connected. And well I need to build up my credit again, after buying the DS and 4 halo's to sell to gamestop, I'm down to my last 200$, of course I'm 9 games richer and still have 100$ gamebucks to use for more buy 2 get 1 free deals :)

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='doubledown']Hmm, maybe I should check the 13 & Gratiot store....I go to the 16 & Crocker BlockBuster.....

That explains why that one dried up too... :)[/quote]

the one at hoover & 11 used to be ok, but one day i went in there and they had about half as many games as they did a few days prior, so it's not nearly as good lately.

i haven't been to the 16 and crocker one, so i may have to check that out.

i wish they'd open up a gamerush in the blockbuster at 16 and gratiot. for that matter, i wish they'd open up a gamecrazy in the hollywood video at 15 and gratiot. those are the two closest locations, but i guess i lose.

[quote name='Archaic']I went in today, and the salesperson read something on her monitor and asked me a few questions (I've abused the system for a while), but I don't think I'm banned as of yet (though I was just making a purchase, so I'm not sure...)[/quote]do they have to go through your account when you buy stuff if you're using a value/gift card?

Hey, I haven't been keeping up with what's been going on with Game Rush since I moved down to college (it's not over an hour away as opposed to 25 minutes like it used to be). Can somebody inform me what deals are going on right now?

[quote name='MasterSun1']Hey, I haven't been keeping up with what's been going on with Game Rush since I moved down to college (it's not over an hour away as opposed to 25 minutes like it used to be). Can somebody inform me what deals are going on right now?[/quote]

read 2nd post of this thread

[quote name='sanjuro'][quote name='Archaic']I went in today, and the salesperson read something on her monitor and asked me a few questions (I've abused the system for a while), but I don't think I'm banned as of yet (though I was just making a purchase, so I'm not sure...)[/quote]do they have to go through your account when you buy stuff if you're using a value/gift card?[/quote]
Nope, at least in my experiences. I've never been asked for my membership info/card when making a purchase with a gift card.

[quote name='x_fiddle']Anyone else have problems with returning preorders for credit or switching preorders used in conjunction with coupons.

I preordered 12 titles from GR with 4 of the $19.99 preorder halo 2 release coupons. And deffinantly dont need 4 copies each of Doom III, KOTOR II, and Ghost Recon II.

Has anyone returned/exchanged a unopened title after they picked up a preorder.[/quote]

Well I did the same thing with Ghost Recon 2, what I did (assume you don't have all 12 at one store) is told them I "accidentally" pre-ordered this at another store and if I could get this "insert $50 game that is on the shelf already" instead. They just gave me the credit, which was $50, even though I got the $19.99 deal, the computer doesn't know so don't bring it up and I got the game I picked out. Obviously the same excuse might look suspect if you do it too much with same employee

Well, I traded in 3 games last night and picked up a PO for $10

Traded in Fable $35
SW:Battlefront $35
MTX:Mototrax $12

Picked up GTA:San Andreas for $10 of my credit.

I actually let my brother have my PS2, so he said he would give me $20 cash for it....so, even though I could get $35 credit for it, I'll take the cash....and, he's my brother

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='doubledown']Hmm, maybe I should check the 13 & Gratiot store....I go to the 16 & Crocker BlockBuster.....

That explains why that one dried up too... :)[/quote]

the one at hoover & 11 used to be ok, but one day i went in there and they had about half as many games as they did a few days prior, so it's not nearly as good lately.

i haven't been to the 16 and crocker one, so i may have to check that out.

i wish they'd open up a gamerush in the blockbuster at 16 and gratiot. for that matter, i wish they'd open up a gamecrazy in the hollywood video at 15 and gratiot. those are the two closest locations, but i guess i lose.[/quote]

I'm very unhappy with Hoover 11 now.
One day I went there, and saw Rumble Roses fro $10.
It was in the system, and the case was on the shelf...
but they couldn't find it... so I walk out empty handed.

I go back 2 weeks later, planning to trade in for a game.
I see Ratchet and Clank UYA, so I try to trade for it.
Nope.
Ok, so I pick up DOA ultimate.
Nope.
Ok, How about Guilty Gear Isuka.
Nope.
Metroid Prime 2?
Nope.
Halo 2?
Nope.

Apparently, one of the employees put dead cases on the floor and marked them as available in the system.
According to the clerks, this isn't the first time either :(
It was not fun.

It could be "dead cases" or people stealing the games. That seems to happen at my gamerush often and it ticks me off. They can't seem to keep track of anything.

[quote name='Pope On A Rope'][quote name='sanjuro'][quote name='Archaic']I went in today, and the salesperson read something on her monitor and asked me a few questions (I've abused the system for a while), but I don't think I'm banned as of yet (though I was just making a purchase, so I'm not sure...)[/quote]do they have to go through your account when you buy stuff if you're using a value/gift card?[/quote]
Nope, at least in my experiences. I've never been asked for my membership info/card when making a purchase with a gift card.[/quote]

You don't have to, but if you do use your membership to make purchases you can return/exchange stuff if you lose your receipt.

FYI the Rockwall store has a lot of new used games. They have Halo 2 CE in as well as Men of Valor and Fable for Xbox.

For PS2 there was Crash Twinsanity, SW Battlefront, Neo COntra, Tony Hawk Undergound 2, Bloodrayne 2, and MK Deception.

The Mesquite, Denton, and Rowlett stores had nothing great. The Garland store had Def Jam and StarOcean as of 5 days ago.

[quote name='buster90']FYI the Rockwall store has a lot of new used games. They have Halo 2 CE in as well as Men of Valor and Fable for Xbox.

For PS2 there was Crash Twinsanity, SW Battlefront, Neo COntra, Tony Hawk Undergound 2, Bloodrayne 2, and MK Deception.

The Mesquite, Denton, and Rowlett stores had nothing great. The Garland store had Def Jam and StarOcean as of 5 days ago.[/quote]Lavon Drive (the Garland store) has always been my favorite GameRush out of the few I go to. They don't always have the best selection, but the guys that work there are great and it's on the way home from school so I can go to it more often. :)

Hoping to go to that GameRush soon to get Star Wars Battlefront and maybe pick up Fable depending on what else they have.

[quote name='Engineer_J'][quote name='x_fiddle']Anyone else have problems with returning preorders for credit or switching preorders used in conjunction with coupons.

Has anyone returned/exchanged a unopened title after they picked up a preorder.[/quote]

Well I did the same thing with Ghost Recon 2, what I did (assume you don't have all 12 at one store) is told them I "accidentally" pre-ordered this at another store and if I could get this "insert $50 game that is on the shelf already" instead. They just gave me the credit, which was $50, even though I got the $19.99 deal, the computer doesn't know so don't bring it up and I got the game I picked out. Obviously the same excuse might look suspect if you do it too much with same employee[/quote]

When I tried to switch my pre-order from Gran Turismo (after I found out the game was being released without online play then later rereleased) to another game, they would only give me $30 of it to switch over. I thought that was messed up, it shouldn't matter how I originally pre-ordered the game (unless the original deal was game specific), I should just be able to switch the money/credit I have put toward one game to another.

[quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='Engineer_J'][quote name='x_fiddle']Anyone else have problems with returning preorders for credit or switching preorders used in conjunction with coupons.

Well I did the same thing with Ghost Recon 2, what I did (assume you don't have all 12 at one store) is told them I "accidentally" pre-ordered this at another store and if I could get this "insert $50 game that is on the shelf already" instead. They just gave me the credit, which was $50, even though I got the $19.99 deal, the computer doesn't know so don't bring it up and I got the game I picked out. Obviously the same excuse might look suspect if you do it too much with same employee[/quote]

When I tried to switch my pre-order from Gran Turismo (after I found out the game was being released without online play then later rereleased) to another game, they would only give me $30 of it to switch over. I thought that was messed up, it shouldn't matter how I originally pre-ordered the game (unless the original deal was game specific), I should just be able to switch the money/credit I have put toward one game to another.[/quote]

That sounds extremely unusual to me, I would try again with another clerk if you didn't already do it. Don't show them your receipt, just tell them that you have Gran Turismo paid for in the system. It will show as 49.99 or whatever and paid in full. The $20 coupon that was applied won't show up, they will have no way of knowing you didn't pay full price for it. This is how I understand it to be, I could be wrong, but I've done switches 3 times and each time got the MSRP credited back to me.

yes, I have been refunded the full amount 7 times now, due to non delivered presells. I did have one of the assistant managers suggest otherwise during a casual conversation, but like the previous poster said, not all the clreks are going to love you.

When I went to change a preorder, it did show that I used the $20 off preorder deal. I said I just wanted to switch it to another preorder since I had 2 Doom 3's preordered. He ended up cancelling one of my Doom 3 preorders, but then the manager came up and said not to put the $20 off on the switched preorder. That kind of pissed me off cuz I wouldn't have cancelled it then. I just decided to add the $30+ to my card and I left.

Wow. GameRush just re-designed their website. It looks much neater and I think it lists ALL of the current deals and I'm sure it has some other cool stuff, too. :)

[quote name='sj41']Wow. GameRush just re-designed their website. It looks much neater and I think it lists ALL of the current deals and I'm sure it has some other cool stuff, too. :)[/quote]

Yeah, it was really horrible before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back