NEW Gamerush Deals thread - This place still rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='$hady']NEW DEAL: TRADE ANY 2 GAMES AND PREORDER MECHASSUALT 2 FOR $29.99[/quote]

Also works for FORZA Motorsports. There is a note on the preorder box with the deal, but so far these are the only 2 titles on the deal at my GR. I wish it also applied for KOTOR 2.

[quote name='milmanias'][quote name='$hady']NEW DEAL: TRADE ANY 2 GAMES AND PREORDER MECHASSUALT 2 FOR $29.99[/quote]

Also works for FORZA Motorsports. There is a note on the preorder box with the deal, but so far these are the only 2 titles on the deal at my GR. I wish it also applied for KOTOR 2.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Im going to preorder both today.

[quote name='Chris in Cali'][quote name='Chris in Cali']Okay, I went to Walmart and got two of the three PS2 games for $10 packs. I went to my local GR, here in Ventura, CA. I presented the manager with the games (the same guy that told me no PSone games), and he gave me a dirty look and said "Wow, these are real winners, did you just get them at a garage sale?" I said told him "something like that," and he proceeded to give me another dirty look.

The store was totally trashed.... there were empty boxes laying around everywhere, all the games were out of order, and one of the employees was talking very loudly about how he vomited this moring.

So I was looking for a decent game, but there was none. I had to get something so I got Need For Speed Underground. I came home, and put it in my PS2 (newest model) only to find out it doesn't work. The thing is scrathed to hell. I'm going to take it back tomorrow, but I'm not sure how they will refund me. Hopefully they'll let me get a different game.

I took the other three games to the Gamerush in Oxnard, CA..... what a difference. The employee was soooo nice. The place was stocked full of great games.... I got Halo 2 LE for $4.70-something!! So yeah, that was my day, it's amazing how much things can change from store to store.[/quote]

I went back today, and returned NFS:U. It was the same manager working..... except everything was the total opposite. He was super nice, and when he saw that I wasn't finding anything I liked (picked cleaned) he told me that he just had some kid trade in some newer games. I got Tony Hawk's Underground 2. The store was much nicer looking, yesterday must have just been a bad day for them I guess.

Also I traded in Halo 2 LE for $40 at a different GR, and the following for $8 each: Freedeom Fighters, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, and XIII.

I got Smackdown vs. RAW for free, and Mortal Kombat: Deception CE for $16-something[/quote]

He had probably just gotten written up for messy shelves the day before.
According to the couple of Gamerush people I've talked with while I've picked out my games, it's a fairly common occurance, and lots and lots of copies of a single game makes organization very very difficult.
Apparently, the guidance that corporate gives isn't very helpful, as evidenced by the different way things are handled in just about every store.

$hady wrote:
NEW DEAL: TRADE ANY 2 GAMES AND PREORDER MECHASSUALT 2 FOR $29.99

Also works for FORZA Motorsports. There is a note on the preorder box with the deal, but so far these are the only 2 titles on the deal at my GR. I wish it also applied for KOTOR 2.

sure sounds like some company is copying the EB deal that has been going on for a month now.

[quote name='$hady']NEW DEAL: TRADE ANY 2 GAMES AND PREORDER MECHASSUALT 2 FOR $29.99[/quote]

i have also heard that you can do this for forza. are there any other games that this deal works with

also do they accept ps1 games for this deal. i was debating to get forza or not, but if i can trade in two 1 dollar ps1 games and get forza for only 30 i will definately get the game.

The trade 1 deal ends today here. And the difference between EB and GR deals, EB bumps your credit and GR gives you the discount on top of your credit.

[quote name='rafissaying']is that mechassualt 2 or froza deal at all GRs? cuz i went to GR today and i didnt see any signs saying anythign about it.[/quote]

It is only on the pre-order box itself, never seen it anywhere else either

I went and preordered mechassault 2 with that deal, and the coupon code was in their system so it should work just fine, they'll just have to search for it. By the way, make sure to preorder the Limited Edition version. Its the same price and I believe it comes with a making of dvd and different cover or something. May not be much, but its still more free stuff!

EDIT: Here is a link to the LE version. Looks like its cooler than I thought!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/11/01/news_6111983.html

Anyone know about the trade 2 games in and get 50% off the great games of 2004!?

It is on their website, anyone know the details to this deal?

[quote name='Kyo__FIL']Anyone know about the trade 2 games in and get 50% off the great games of 2004!?

It is on their website, anyone know the details to this deal?[/quote]

look on the first page, 2nd post :)

I'd like to know thier definition of great if they add Catwoman to that line up.

I know! It stands for:

G ames
R ejected
E ndlessly by
A nyone with
T aste.

Does anyone find it funny that they offer $35 in credit for Goldeneye, when they havent even delivered their preorders yet? I find it ironic that they can buy it, but cant sell it. Go figure.

[quote name='jshorr']Anyone know again when the trade 3/999 deal is supposed to be ending?[/quote]

i dont know the exact date, but i think it is sometime in early-mid janruary, so you should still have a while.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']Does anyone find it funny that they offer $35 in credit for Goldeneye, when they havent even delivered their preorders yet? I find it ironic that they can buy it, but cant sell it. Go figure.[/quote]

This is the norm. Most used game stores (GS most definitely) already have the trade value set for games before they release. Would you rather approach them the day it comes out wanting to trade it, only to have the employee say, "Umm, hold on, I have to call corporate office and find out the trade value because it isn't in our system yet."?

The employee at the GameRush in Anderson, Ind., said that they don't take PS1 games for trade in 3, get a PO game for $10 deal. I thought they were supposed to take PS1 games? Has this happened to anyon else?

After reading the flyer at the store, it looks like they should take PS1 games, so I'll try tomorrow.

[quote name='jshorr']Anyone know again when the trade 3/999 deal is supposed to be ending?[/quote]According to a flyer that I picked up today:

B2G1F
3/$9.99

Now - 1/10/05

last night I scored big time. traded in 5 crappy/scuffed up ps1 games and got $7.50 for them(didn't even think they'd accept half of them) and used a coupon, leaving me with a mint Halo 2:LE and $6.50 left over from my trades. I found Pikmin 2 and R&C:UYA earlier today, goint to check them out and pick them up if they're mint.

edit: anyone know if expired coupons still work(on the computer-side) if an employee will still accept them? the halo 2 coupon book coupons expired yesterday but I'd like to use them if possible.

[quote name='ptotheatsign']The employee at the GameRush in Anderson, Ind., said that they don't take PS1 games for trade in 3, get a PO game for $10 deal. I thought they were supposed to take PS1 games? Has this happened to anyon else?

After reading the flyer at the store, it looks like they should take PS1 games, so I'll try tomorrow.[/quote]

i did the deal today, and yes you can use ps1 games

[quote name='ptotheatsign']The employee at the GameRush in Anderson, Ind., said that they don't take PS1 games for trade in 3, get a PO game for $10 deal. I thought they were supposed to take PS1 games? Has this happened to anyon else?

After reading the flyer at the store, it looks like they should take PS1 games, so I'll try tomorrow.[/quote]

Last time I was there, the clerk pointed out that the big promotion sign clearly says PS1 games. Maybe you need to point this out to your clerk.

[quote name='spin03'][quote name='ptotheatsign']The employee at the GameRush in Anderson, Ind., said that they don't take PS1 games for trade in 3, get a PO game for $10 deal. I thought they were supposed to take PS1 games? Has this happened to anyon else?

i did the deal today, and yes you can use ps1 games[/quote]

Read the terms closer. The store managers at each gamerush have the authority to amend those terms any time they see fit.
Just because they haven't done it near you doesn't mean that it hasn't happened in all stores.

Let's see...

Xbox - Blinx - $5
Xbox - Project Gotham Racing - $5

GC - Driven - $3
GC - Jeremy McGrath Supercross World - $1.50
GC - Spy Hunter - $3
GC - 18 Wheeler - $1.50

GBA - Mat Hoffman Pro BMX - $5 (!)
GBA - Motocross Maniacs Advance - $5 (!)
GBA - Iridion 3D - $1.50

Traded Blinx, Driven, and PGR for Halo 2.
Traded all 3 GBA games for Burnout 3.

They also had a nice selection of disc-only games for $12.99 each. Hitman: Contracts, Metal Slug 3, Rallisport Challenge 2, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, Chronicles of Riddick and GTA:VC. I picked up Metal Slug 3 (disc only), Armed and Dangerous (complete), and Chronicles of Riddick (disc only) for $26 after B2G1F.

It was a good day for deals.

I got a thing in the mail today from GameRush. I live in N.C. It says Holiday Gift Strategy Guide on it. The thing is like a coupon booklet, minus all the coupons. It has 1 Coupon at the very back. And has most of the bundle deals already posted on here, I think.

On the Metroid Prime 2 Echoes picture it says Free T-Shirt with purchase, while supplies last. I wouldn't have known about the free T-Shirt if this hadn't came in the mail. So I called them up and asked if I could still get the shirt (I'd already picked up my MP2 pre-order last week) and they said yes, I could. They had about 3 left. It's green, says Samus on upper front. Back says Universal Bounty Hunter (I think) and some other stuff. No logo though. :(

The coupon says, Get an EXTRA $10 OFF Any New game priced $39.99 or more (when you trade in 1 PSone, PS2, GC, XBOX or GBA game). Expires 1-10-05. So I might use it to get Viewtiful Joe 2 for GC.

XBOX Bundle - $149 - Includes 2 months of Free Xbox Live, Top Spin and NCAA Football.

the guys at my gamerush are so awesome, but today they sort of pissed me off. they have never given me trouble before, and they always ask me what are some ways to make money from their store since i am pretty much the only person that truly takes advantage of their deals that they know of. but today, there was this one guy who is usually cool, but he told me today that i can only do one deal per day. if i am correct, this is bs, right? oh well i guess i will just do the deal tomorrow, but it is stilll a pain in the ass/

[quote name='spin03']the guys at my gamerush are so awesome, but today they sort of pissed me off. they have never given me trouble before, and they always ask me what are some ways to make money from their store since i am pretty much the only person that truly takes advantage of their deals that they know of. but today, there was this one guy who is usually cool, but he told me today that i can only do one deal per day. if i am correct, this is bs, right? oh well i guess i will just do the deal tomorrow, but it is stilll a pain in the ass/[/quote]
From an in-store flyer:
Maximum of 20 previously played games per Member per day.

But also:
Blockbuster may limit trade quantities in its sole discretion.

So technically the limit is 20 per day if I read it correctly, unless your local manager users his sole discretion to limit your trade quantities.

And for those who are still wondering, I got word from the local manager that these deals will remain in effect through the end of the year.

[quote name='spin03']the guys at my gamerush are so awesome, but today they sort of pissed me off. they have never given me trouble before, and they always ask me what are some ways to make money from their store since i am pretty much the only person that truly takes advantage of their deals that they know of. but today, there was this one guy who is usually cool, but he told me today that i can only do one deal per day. if i am correct, this is bs, right? oh well i guess i will just do the deal tomorrow, but it is stilll a pain in the ass/[/quote]

They're actually right. The fine print on the trade 3 says only one use of the promo per customer per day can be done.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='spin03']the guys at my gamerush are so awesome, but today they sort of pissed me off. they have never given me trouble before, and they always ask me what are some ways to make money from their store since i am pretty much the only person that truly takes advantage of their deals that they know of. but today, there was this one guy who is usually cool, but he told me today that i can only do one deal per day. if i am correct, this is bs, right? oh well i guess i will just do the deal tomorrow, but it is stilll a pain in the ass/[/quote]

They're actually right. The fine print on the trade 3 says only one use of the promo per customer per day can be done.[/quote]

thanks for clarifying

[quote name='spin03'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='spin03']the guys at my gamerush are so awesome, but today they sort of pissed me off. they have never given me trouble before, and they always ask me what are some ways to make money from their store since i am pretty much the only person that truly takes advantage of their deals that they know of. but today, there was this one guy who is usually cool, but he told me today that i can only do one deal per day. if i am correct, this is bs, right? oh well i guess i will just do the deal tomorrow, but it is stilll a pain in the ass/[/quote]

They're actually right. The fine print on the trade 3 says only one use of the promo per customer per day can be done.[/quote]

thanks for clarifying[/quote]

No problem. It's the fine print on this stuff that will always get you.
I'm always amazed at how few people actually bother to read the fine print.

I just got a new deal in my EMAIL....I think it's because I am part of their online rental service.

20% of ANY retail NEW purchase in store....so I can save $10 on a game...not bad.

Not good on Hardware or PreOwned

I got that email too, but it didn't sound to good to me at first. But I guess it could be depending on what they have in-store to buy.

These stores need some more deals on new games. My stores have all been picked clean of all the $40 and up games.

[quote name='Indiana']These stores need some more deals on new games. My stores have all been picked clean of all the $40 and up games.[/quote]

Same over here where I am. But I did manage to get GTA and killzone. For some reasons, there are many stores around here that have tons and tons of the starwars: battlefront game.

[quote name='newbie2000'][quote name='Indiana']These stores need some more deals on new games. My stores have all been picked clean of all the $40 and up games.[/quote]

Same over here where I am. But I did manage to get GTA and killzone. For some reasons, there are many stores around here that have tons and tons of the starwars: battlefront game.[/quote]

my store never has anything. I missed a copy of fable a few weeks back (had to drive 30 minutes to get a used copy), no chance of seeing a PO Halo 2, GTA, or things like that. Hell, i haven't even seen a used copy of Sudeki. Extremely slim pickins'.

There is a gamerush by my brother-in-law's house where i'm going for thanksgiving tomorrow. does anybody know if blockbuster/game rush is open tomorrow? I'd like to see what they have since it's out of my way usually.

[quote name='newbie2000'][quote name='Indiana']These stores need some more deals on new games. My stores have all been picked clean of all the $40 and up games.[/quote]

Same over here where I am. But I did manage to get GTA and killzone. For some reasons, there are many stores around here that have tons and tons of the starwars: battlefront game.[/quote]

Yeah I was able to get a StarWars Battlefront. I think they bought too many rentals because mine had the Block Buster case. I'm guessing they dumped them because they did rent well.

Since I have many blockbuster around me (non-gamerush), I often check it out anyways. I got burnout 3 at one of the non-gamerush store one time. So, you guys might try checking out all the blockbuster(if it is not extremely inconvenient to do so) for the games you want.

managed to get a mint ratchet and clank: up your arsenal for $10. bought a few cheap($1.50-$2.00) games at EB for the deal, worked fine. found pikmin 2 but it was a previous rental, had light scratches, no manual and a funky BB rental case so I passed for now. really hoping to score GTA:SA or maybe another Halo 2:LE.

EB Games has ALOT of PlayStation games for really cheap. Cheapest PS games have been and alot of different ones are $1.99 and under. Pick some up for trade since the trade 3 get a game for $9.99 includes PS games. :) I've got to until wait tomorrow to order some sadly. :(

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categori...st_price&intpageno=1&ordersort=asc&nooftens=1

Also, they have Madden 2003 on PS2 for $1.99. Might need it on deals that don't include PS games in the future. :) All of the other crap PS games are $2.99 and up.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/220910.asp

GameRush is gonna be open on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. That's what the ad that came in the mail says anyway.

[quote name='Green-Bull']GameRush is gonna be open on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. That's what the ad that came in the mail says anyway.[/quote]

Gamecrazys attached to Hollywood video wille be open as well...the joys of movie industry holidays...they dont exist (note: my GF is working tommorow at her theatre, those bastards)

scored a fable, halo 2 (regular edition), and a mortal kombat (LE) for about 22 and some change after trading in some of my old ps games. i'm really hoping to score a metroid or even a halo 2 (LE) soon. also has anyone's GRs got greg hastings: tournament paintball?

:D I just did the trade 3 get a game for $10 deal to get Pikmin 2 tonight. :D I wanted to get Star Wars Battlefront as well, but the trade in prices for the games I had were too low for me to trade. I did get $20 for Mario Kart DD, $8 for Mojo! (Xbox), and $5 for X-Men Next Dimension (Xbox). I'm very happy and Pikmin 2 looks like an awesome game. :D

I went to my local BB last week and traded in 3 PSX games for a copy of Battlefront for $10 and then I turned around and went to another GameRush and traded Battlefront to get Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal NEW!

GameRush kicks ass I will be doing this deal again soon because one of the GameRush BB's in my area has a ton of copies of Fable and SW: Battlefront.

[quote name='Sigma']I went to my local BB last week and traded in 3 PSX games for a copy of Battlefront for $10 and then I turned around and went to another GameRush and traded Battlefront to get Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal NEW!

GameRush kicks ass I will be doing this deal again soon because one of the GameRush BB's in my area has a ton of copies of Fable and SW: Battlefront.[/quote]

I did something similar today.......traded Sonic Advance ($5), Wild Arms 3 ($7), and R type final ($16) and used the trade 3 get a po for $10 coupon to get Fable. I'm going to take my extra store credit of $18 and trade in fable for $35 and then use a trade 1 get a new game for $40. I'm gonna get Baten Kaitos and still have a few bucks left over.

The thing is i didn't pay anything for r type, and got both wild arms and sonic on clearance, so i just turned approx. $15 into $50 +. God, I love game rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back