NEW Gamerush Deals thread - This place still rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='x_fiddle'][quote name='jetblac']
anyway the girl says thats any game that came out in 2004. So I got Tony Hawk Underground for $25 plus tax Minus trade in = free
I'll be back[/quote]

Grats to you... sometimes you just luck out on idiot employees[/quote]

What? THUG for 25? Isn't the current MSRP 19.99?

If you have an ad, you can ask that they PM. But keep in mind, they probably wont combine deals. I used to work at a BB where a guy would bring in the FRYs ad demanding certain movie at PM. I was always pissed at this guy cause FRYs was right down the road. Oh well, after I started thinking it wasnt my money that was being lost, I didnt care.

does anyone have an idea when the trade in one game, get any game for 30 ends? i really want to get doa:ultimate with this deal, so i am hoping it doesnt end before the 26-27

I got Burnout 3 the other day using the coupon from Fatwallet to trade 3 and get a preowned game for 4.99$ traded in Sega GT 2002,NFL Fever 2002 and Madden '03 and got 1.50+5.00=6.50 for each game and I only paid like 1.99-3.99 for each at EBgames.

[quote name='doubledown']So, any good Trade-In deals in MICHIGAN?[/quote]

All the stores I know of are just extending the trade 3 get extra $5 credit deal and nothing else.

Besides the trade 3 get extra $5 per game deal, here's what else is going on in Michigan:

trade 2 games, get a "Best of 2004" game 1/2 off

get an extra 50% trade-in for all accessories

[quote name='drfrielgood']they're supposed to take no more than 2 copies of the same game on one given day[/quote]
From one person or from everyone storewide...

gamerush is giving 20 trade in for second sight, and it costs 20 new, and 18 used at gamestop or EB. this is great for people that have the deal where you trade in a game get any new game for 30.

[quote name='cyberlian'][quote name='drfrielgood']they're supposed to take no more than 2 copies of the same game on one given day[/quote]
From one person or from everyone storewide...[/quote]

From one person. I went around to 5 different BBs today buying up $4.99 DVDs and trading them back in at the next store.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='cyberlian'][quote name='drfrielgood']they're supposed to take no more than 2 copies of the same game on one given day[/quote]

From one person. I went around to 5 different BBs today buying up $4.99 DVDs and trading them back in at the next store.[/quote]

Me too! I just bought some cheap 4.99 DVD's, I'm gonna watch them, then trade them for 8 dollars at another store. :D

I just got 56 dollars for DVD's, used that to buy a non-PC copy of Mario Golf, and this 4.99 cool Link toy.

Right now I believe I have a total of 250 in BB credit. Gonna use that for a DS and get some X-Files boxsets (I'm missing 4 of them) from BB.com.

I was looking for the Curb Your Enthusiasm set at a local Blockbuster once and they didn't have it in stock, however, the employee said that she could order it for me so you could prolly try asking to see if they'd order the X-Files sets for ya...

[quote name='clevelandmvp']You cant use your giftcards to order off Blockbuster.com , It's in the fine print at the website.[/quote]

You absoloutely can. It has to be a Gift Card as opposed to a value card....it has to have a scratch-off code on the back of it. Go to checkout with an item on blockbuster.com you will see the section to enter a gift card. You can purchase a gift card at the store and pay with value card money.

[quote name='polobearjp']I was looking for the Curb Your Enthusiasm set at a local Blockbuster once and they didn't have it in stock, however, the employee said that she could order it for me so you could prolly try asking to see if they'd order the X-Files sets for ya...[/quote]

Thanks, but I'll just order 'em on the website.

Thanks for the info on the gift cards. A blockbuster employee told me you couldn't us them online. Although I still don't see The Wire available for purchase on their site.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='cyberlian'][quote name='drfrielgood']they're supposed to take no more than 2 copies of the same game on one given day[/quote]

From one person. I went around to 5 different BBs today buying up $4.99 DVDs and trading them back in at the next store.[/quote]
You just gave me an idea, but the sad thing is not too many blockbusters around me have $5 dollar DVDS, I wish they did the Buy one Get one half off on dvds, I could seriously make out on that. Damn it

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='cyberlian'][quote name='drfrielgood']they're supposed to take no more than 2 copies of the same game on one given day[/quote]

Me too! I just bought some cheap 4.99 DVD's, I'm gonna watch them, then trade them for 8 dollars at another store. :D

I just got 56 dollars for DVD's, used that to buy a non-PC copy of Mario Golf, and this 4.99 cool Link toy.

Right now I believe I have a total of 250 in BB credit. Gonna use that for a DS and get some X-Files boxsets (I'm missing 4 of them) from BB.com.[/quote]

If you guys have a Wal-Mart near you, check for the $1.99 dvds. I bought 2 to try it out and yes, BB gace me $8 for each.

[quote name='amped']

If you guys have a Wal-Mart near you, check for the $1.99 dvds. I bought 2 to try it out and yes, BB gace me $8 for each.[/quote]

Damn I may have to try that out!

[quote name='sevdustflyer']I might have to head for walmart and stock up on dvds is there a limit to how many u can trade in one day?[/quote]

Nope. Once I traded in over 150 worth of DVD's in one day. So I'm sure there's no limit.

I also traded in some DVD's without the booklet inside, and I still got 8 dollars for it. So I don't think the DVD's have to be complete (basically all the BB's DVD's they sell used never come with the book anyway).

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='sevdustflyer']I might have to head for walmart and stock up on dvds is there a limit to how many u can trade in one day?[/quote]

Nope. Once I traded in over 150 worth of DVD's in one day. So I'm sure there's no limit.

I also traded in some DVD's without the booklet inside, and I still got 8 dollars for it. So I don't think the DVD's have to be complete (basically all the BB's DVD's they sell used never come with the book anyway).[/quote]

I think it might say limit 10 per day, but obviously you were not held to that.

The two I traded in were old school Bela Lugosi flicks, the ones in the slim cases. It's possible that this may be a ymmv, since my local BB's manager was having trouble scanning them but eventually accepted them.

Is this Called Gamerush or Blockbuster DVD? lets get back to talking about gamerush... How much can I get for Sudeki?

There is a limit to 20 dvd/game trades per customer per day. I got stopped when I tried to sell them 22 dvds. They took 20 and made me come back another day for the other 2. Sheesh.

Of course they wouldnt still have the bogo deal on dvds if you can buy em and sell em right back for more than you paid. That would make things way too easy for non CAGers. HAHA.

[quote name='jetblac']Is this Called Gamerush or Blockbuster DVD? lets get back to talking about gamerush... How much can I get for Sudeki?[/quote]If you're going to say that, then how about you ask how much you'd get for a game ONLY in the GameRush value of games thread? :roll:

Updated first post to try and show the new deals that I know of. Let me know if anyone sees anything that I need to change.

real quick, I know a post says most deals would end by 10/11/04, but I'm wondering if the trade in 1 game, get new game for 29.99 is still alive and if GTA:SA will be available for that deal?

[quote name='vatochewy111']real quick, I know a post says most deals would end by 10/11/04, but I'm wondering if the trade in 1 game, get new game for 29.99 is still alive and if GTA:SA will be available for that deal?[/quote]

i think that GR is stopping that deal before GTA:SA comes out since everyone will be getting it for 29.99

do they give you less if you trade in stuff for cash rather than store credit? Have any of you traded stuff that was pretty scratched, or are they disc nazis

the disc nazis do appear. The one here in gainesville its a bunch of older people who work here. They don't care what the disc looks like. I think you can do cash. I haven't tried. They may only do store credit. which would make more sense with the deals they run.

[quote name='JSweeney']Does anyone know if any newstand version of the magazines have the 3 coupon gamerush ad?[/quote]
Supposedly, East Coasters don't get those coupons. By Mail or by Stand

[quote name='jetblac'][quote name='JSweeney']Does anyone know if any newstand version of the magazines have the 3 coupon gamerush ad?[/quote]
Supposedly, East Coasters don't get those coupons. By Mail or by Stand[/quote]
I live in Ohio and so far I've found out that its true :cry:

That's really strange then...
I have subs to EGM and OPM, and got the 3 coupon Gamerush ads in both of them, and I'm in the Midwest.

[quote name='JSweeney']That's really strange then...
I have subs to EGM and OPM, and got the 3 coupon Gamerush ads in both of them, and I'm in the Midwest.[/quote]
Don't rub it in :lol:

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']do they give you less if you trade in stuff for cash rather than store credit? Have any of you traded stuff that was pretty scratched, or are they disc nazis[/quote]

The one time I traded in something that was scratched they just did the finger test; If they can't feel the scratch then they take it.

[quote name='ramprider0'][quote name='JSweeney']That's really strange then...
I have subs to EGM and OPM, and got the 3 coupon Gamerush ads in both of them, and I'm in the Midwest.[/quote]
Don't rub it in :lol:[/quote]

I'm not, if I wanted to do that, I would say that I got Burnout 3, Fable, Mortal Kombat Deception Collectors edition and Dance Dance Revolution Extreme for 50 dollars total (including the price of the trade in fodder to fuel the deals.)

:lol:

[quote name='jetblac'][quote name='JSweeney']Does anyone know if any newstand version of the magazines have the 3 coupon gamerush ad?[/quote]
Supposedly, East Coasters don't get those coupons. By Mail or by Stand[/quote]

I live in SC and I got the ones in EGM. I think it is regional but maybe not as clear cut as east, mid or west US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back