NEW Gamerush Deals thread - This place still rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called my local dfw GR and they said they still had the preorder deal going but hadn't heard of the new game for 29.99 yet.

[quote name='Kelegacy']I'm in Maine and i cant think of any around. But I have a heck of a lot of EB's within a couple hours of me north, south, east and west[/quote]

Wow, a fellow Mainer. Greetings. :lol:

I'm just assuming but it seems like GameRush likes to do the 'trade 1 game, get a new one for $29.99' only in their newer markets. The DFW area had this deal around late May/early June so it prolly won't be back. I wish it would tho...

You know what really sucks? I had a 'trade 4, get a preowned for $5' coupon from GamePro and I stopped by the Rowlett store. So I traded in 4 crap games and the dude didn't add $5 to each game, he said they didn't offer it anymore even tho they still had the mini cardboard up. Okay so no biggie since I'd still get a preowned for $5, right? Nope, he thought it was a coupon from another store and said that they don't accept those anymore. I tell him its from a magazine and he still said nope. Grrr. And to top it off, since I already traded in the games before he told me all this, I couldn't take my games back to try to trade them at another location so I walked out with a whooping $9.50 on my giftcard. WORST STORE EVER!!! :evil:

man. I can't believe this isn't coming to DFW area. I didn't really take advantage of this deal the first time around. After the overstock.com deals, I still have a few games I would be willing to part with. Ah well, I still got 3 pre-orders for $33 with 6 games traded in (4 were $2 each and the last two were $1.50 each) and 3 DVDs (2 were gifts, and the last $2).

[quote name='spin03']has anyone used the deal where you trade in a game and get a new game for 30?[/quote]

Yes!!! I just did it twice!

[quote name='AzianAsspicker']so u trade in 1 game and can buy a brand new one for 30 bux?[/quote]

Yes!!! I could not believe it either. They had a coupon next to the terminal that they scanned. I was planning on only being able to get one game for $49.99 but then he told me about the deal. So I was able to get 2 new games for $59.98!

I know Game Rush just opened here like a month ago. I still do not understand how they are not losing tons of money on these deals.

[quote name='turboe']Can I use PS1/GBA games for the trade 1 and get a new release for $30?[/quote]

I'm not sure about that.. I traded Gamecube and Xbox games. I don't think they will take games not from the Big 3 consoles on that deal.

Man, this thread is going to get bigger than the other thread a lot faster...

Anyway if, any news on a Game Rush release of Paper Mario 2?

[quote name='polobearjp']I'm just assuming but it seems like GameRush likes to do the 'trade 1 game, get a new one for $29.99' only in their newer markets. The DFW area had this deal around late May/early June so it prolly won't be back. I wish it would tho...

You know what really sucks? I had a 'trade 4, get a preowned for $5' coupon from GamePro and I stopped by the Rowlett store. So I traded in 4 crap games and the dude didn't add $5 to each game, he said they didn't offer it anymore even tho they still had the mini cardboard up. Okay so no biggie since I'd still get a preowned for $5, right? Nope, he thought it was a coupon from another store and said that they don't accept those anymore. I tell him its from a magazine and he still said nope. Grrr. And to top it off, since I already traded in the games before he told me all this, I couldn't take my games back to try to trade them at another location so I walked out with a whooping $9.50 on my giftcard. WORST STORE EVER!!! :evil:[/quote]

Which employee are you talking about? Is it that prick headed young kid? The one who was playing Donky Konga? If I were you I would have demanded to see a manager that dick needs to be fired. LIke I said the Rowlett store will not bend any rules but they shoudl have taken the coupon.

IMO the worst stores from what I heard are the Rockwall and Greenville ones avoid them at all costs.

[quote name='Nephets']Man, this thread is going to get bigger than the other thread a lot faster...

Anyway if, any news on a Game Rush release of Paper Mario 2?[/quote]

My store in Indianapolis had it in boxes behind the counter. At least that is what the manager claimed. I did not ask for a copy. Although for 29.99 maybe I should. :) Anyway is the game going to be good? I never played the first one.

wow there are more people from DFW area than I thought. Any of you go to the gamerush's at mimosa/campbell, alma/mcdermont, or lebanon/legacy?

I go to the alma/mcdermot and the one on north greenwood. I plan on going to both tomorrow to see if my preorders are in and to see what deals they have now.

[quote name='"Indiana"'][quote name='AzianAsspicker']

I know Game Rush just opened here like a month ago. I still do not understand how they are not losing tons of money on these deals.[/quote]

Well they are losing money. But the plan is that it'll pay off in the long run, by building up a loyal customer base...

[quote name='"dinovelvet"'][quote name='Indiana'][quote name='AzianAsspicker']

I know Game Rush just opened here like a month ago. I still do not understand how they are not losing tons of money on these deals.[/quote]

Well they are losing money. But the plan is that it'll pay off in the long run, by building up a loyal customer base...[/quote]

BB will NEVER lose money, they are one of the biggest businesses in America. While Game Rush may lose them minimal funds, it really doesn't matter as long as BB still stays as big as it is now, since GR is apart of BB.

with the way things are going, gamerush may take over gamestop and eb. I know I have been getting all my new games from them, soon the other store won't be able to compete. Just like blockbuster when it comes to video rentals.

[quote name='Nephets']
BB will NEVER lose money, they are one of the biggest businesses in America. While Game Rush may lose them minimal funds, it really doesn't matter as long as BB still stays as big as it is now, since GR is apart of BB.[/quote]

clearly put... BB is known as an "evil-empire" just like Wal-mart for a reason... =X

just came back from Gamerush. i'm in souther cali and the trade one PO and get a brand new one for 29.99 is down here. traded in metroid and got paper mario 2. not a bad deal for only 29.99 also the guy said that gameboy advance games for for this deal, so if you guys have any extra gba games i would suggest heading down there and i'm sure you will find something.

I went in to Gamerush tonight and traded Rallisport Challenge 2,Amped and Splintercell and got 28.00 and something. And I got Spiderman 2,THUG and MX2002 and I still got 8 bucks left on my Blockbuster card! This is a crazy deal I'm going to another Gamerush tomorrow to do the same thing again!

Oh and BTW my Gamerush had a deal going on where you buy one preowned game and get another one 50% off which helped me get my games for dirt cheap today lol. And I used that coupon from Fatwallet and they accepted it! Just print an ad from some site on the back to make it more believeble.

[quote name='dpatel']wow there are more people from DFW area than I thought. Any of you go to the gamerush's at mimosa/campbell, alma/mcdermont, or lebanon/legacy?[/quote]

Arlington/Mansfield....there are 5 stores in a 5 mile radius of my house! :lol:

[quote name='thekleaner'][quote name='dpatel']wow there are more people from DFW area than I thought. Any of you go to the gamerush's at mimosa/campbell, alma/mcdermont, or lebanon/legacy?[/quote]

Arlington/Mansfield....there are 5 stores in a 5 mile radius of my house! :lol:[/quote]

HA! I am in GP I go to the arlington ones on 360, Matlock and Cooper.

Damnit, Arlington always has an abundance of stores in a small area. I might need to go check your stores out. Around me I only have 1 Gr, so I have to drive kinda to any others I use!

[quote name='"Nephets"'][quote name='dinovelvet'][quote name='Indiana'][quote name='AzianAsspicker']

Well they are losing money. But the plan is that it'll pay off in the long run, by building up a loyal customer base...[/quote]

BB will NEVER lose money, they are one of the biggest businesses in America. While Game Rush may lose them minimal funds, it really doesn't matter as long as BB still stays as big as it is now, since GR is apart of BB.[/quote]

True, BB would never post losses in a quarter because of GameRush, but I can't believe that GR will keep these same low-profit/slight-loss deals going for too long. They are in place for the time being to gain a customer/inventory base. The end result for opening GR stores is in fact to eventually make profit.

[quote name='Santurio']Damnit, Arlington always has an abundance of stores in a small area. I might need to go check your stores out. Around me I only have 1 Gr, so I have to drive kinda to any others I use![/quote]

I was told by one of the BB managers that the District Manager lives in Mansfield thats why there are so many GR's in such a close area.

[quote name='"x_fiddle"'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='dinovelvet'][quote name='Indiana'][quote name='AzianAsspicker']

True, BB would never post losses in a quarter because of GameRush, but I can't believe that GR will keep these same low-profit/slight-loss deals going for too long. They are in place for the time being to gain a customer/inventory base. The end result for opening GR stores is in fact to eventually make profit.[/quote]

the only reason i think that GR and BB is doing this is to regain more customers and show people that they actually have good deals. at least that is what the guy at GR told me. so i would hop on these deals because they could just end anytime,

Their first aim is to get people to frequent their stores, their main goal is still to rent movies and games!!!
Once they have you coming back, your very likely to buy a gamepass for a month or a moviepass. Or even better for them, renting various games at regular price, they make a killing.

Well to the guys in arlington they dont do the preorder anymore trade 3 for 5$ extra is still valid, went to Greenoaks/Cooper they had trade 2 games get great hits of 2004 for 50% off, they had a section with the label great hits of 2004 and in that section Shrek, psi ops, nfl 2005, and a couple of other craptacular titles. Went to the store on 360/green oaks and lo and behold see 2 of the people from the green oaks/matlock store, made me nervous cause I traded in mult titles at both stores hope they dont check my account for those drakes LOL!! I would be busted. Anyways picked up THUG2 and traded couple games to preorder demon stone for xbox chick from the matlock store seemed like she was in charge cause when they preorder didnt work they called for her and she said no more preorder tradeins but they let me have it since they took my games already. Also she said all they were doing now is 3 for 5$ extra, no preorders no trade in 2 get greatest 2004 hits 50% off either. So 3 stores in arlington has no more preorder tradeins which sucks for me.

I don't want to start an argument, but I read in the newspaper last week that Blockbuster has been in a steady decline since the beginning of this year, so they could easily fold if something doesn't happen since they aren't making as near as much money as they were making. I looked at the chart and it was a pretty steep drop, which is why they got into the gamerush business and why they are trying to get into the online renting. The head man in the paper said that every blockbuster before the end of next year will have a Gamerush in it. They also mentioned two other trading stores that they have, but one is in Europe, and the other I can't remember.

Its very smart of them to get into the gaming biz, I heard that gaming industry is far more lucrative then the movie industry. And with movies selling so cheap now you can find new releases for 15$ and online rentals and downloable movies etc...market is saturated with movie medium. I honestly hope they crush gamestop and scare eb a little.

Has anyone heard anything about what Gamerush will be doing for the Halo 2 release? I saw an ad for Game Crazy saying they will be having Halo tournaments starting at 10pm and selling the game at 12:01. I'm assuming Game Rush will at least be selling the game at midnight too.

[quote name='jetblac']Saw someone quote "BB will never lose money"
I think I heard that before. Oh yeah! It was TRU[/quote]

I meant that from these deals BB isn't losing anything as their consumer base is heavily growing, they are doing these deals to attract people and to build a good inventory so people will buy their games from there. This will pay off in the long run, and even if it doesn't, BB is a HUGE business that won't see a failing Game Rush aspect as a real money hole for them. Have you seen how crowded the store gets on Friday nights?

While at times they may decline, I think they'll reign as movie rental kings for a while. Since Hollywood Video is their only real, big rival around, and not as many people go there to rent movies that I know.

[quote name='Nephets']....BB is a HUGE business that won't see a failing Game Rush aspect as a real money hole for them.[/quote]

But if the GR stores continue in failing to make a profit for too long, there is a chance they will cut the division. Granted I dont see this happening anytime soon seeing as BB plans to have 1,000+ GameRush stores by 2005.

[quote name='timmylamb']Well to the guys in arlington they dont do the preorder anymore trade 3 for 5$ extra is still valid, went to Greenoaks/Cooper they had trade 2 games get great hits of 2004 for 50% off, they had a section with the label great hits of 2004 and in that section Shrek, psi ops, nfl 2005, and a couple of other craptacular titles. Went to the store on 360/green oaks and lo and behold see 2 of the people from the green oaks/matlock store, made me nervous cause I traded in mult titles at both stores hope they dont check my account for those drakes LOL!! I would be busted. Anyways picked up THUG2 and traded couple games to preorder demon stone for xbox chick from the matlock store seemed like she was in charge cause when they preorder didnt work they called for her and she said no more preorder tradeins but they let me have it since they took my games already. Also she said all they were doing now is 3 for 5$ extra, no preorders no trade in 2 get greatest 2004 hits 50% off either. So 3 stores in arlington has no more preorder tradeins which sucks for me.[/quote]

Hey Timmy, FYI there is a brand new BB/GR about 2.5 miles south of the one at Matlock and Green Oaks. Its actually on Matlock just south of Debbie lane in Mansfield..think its 2 miles south...im right in the middle in suburbia hell :wink:

I just called my Game Rush, they have Paper Mario 2 in, time to pick it up and trade in some DVD's! Do you think they'll have Midway Arcade Treasures 2?

FYI ebgames has Gameday 2004 and NCAA FInal four 2004 for $3. I know for a fact Gamrush gives you $7 for Gameday 2004 and I am assuming $7 for FInal FOur as well.

Order 10 copies of each game= 20X3=$60

Take all 20 games to GameRush $7 each plus $5 credit each is $240

240-60=$180 profit

Only thing is you are gonna need to stop at several GameRush's to take afvatage of this since its a 2 copy limit of each title.

In Downey, Ca. It's trade in 2 games... psx/n64/ps2/xb watever w/ no instruction booklet required nor the case either just the cd or game and get any game that came out in 2004 for 29.99

OMG, Game Rush is AWESOME. I traded in two games (Two Towers and FF: Tactics Advance), and some bad DVD's, and got like 107 total dollars added to my account.

With that, I bought STREET FIGHTER 3: THIRD STRIKE for 7 dollars (complete), Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 for the GCN for 6 dollars, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater for the DC for 2 dollars, Midway Arcade Treasures for the GCN for 20 (new), and picked up Paper Mario 2 today.

All of that for like 35 dollars. They also had the "buy one PO, get one half off", incredible deals.

They also had like 3 copies of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for the DC complete, and Resident Evil 3 for the DC complete, for 7 dollars. I was going to get it, but Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was inside. :(

NephGR3.jpg

Ah well, I already had it so I didn't buy it. They also had tons of PO games: TOS, MK: Deception, Burnout 3, THUG 2, etc. Dallas Game Rushers, go to the Town East one, you must!

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='jetblac']Saw someone quote "BB will never lose money"
I think I heard that before. Oh yeah! It was TRU[/quote]

I meant that from these deals BB isn't losing anything as their consumer base is heavily growing, they are doing these deals to attract people and to build a good inventory so people will buy their games from there. This will pay off in the long run, and even if it doesn't, BB is a HUGE business that won't see a failing Game Rush aspect as a real money hole for them. Have you seen how crowded the store gets on Friday nights?

While at times they may decline, I think they'll reign as movie rental kings for a while. Since Hollywood Video is their only real, big rival around, and not as many people go there to rent movies that I know.[/quote]

It seems no one but the people exploiting them are there regular customers which can't be good. Netflix is currently owning them in terms of rental king last article i read. They're not so much the king they used to be.

Hey Timmy, FYI there is a brand new BB/GR about 2.5 miles south of the one at Matlock and Green Oaks. Its actually on Matlock just south of Debbie lane in Mansfield..think its 2 miles south...im right in the middle in suburbia hell :wink:[/quote]

Ahh cool kleaner thanks for the heads up, didnt know it was so close, pretty crazy they got those 3 in arlington so close and now another LOL. I'll probably hit that one up friday when I go to Frys!!

Oh fuck! The trade 2 great 2004 game 50% off crap is now on their website. This is not good news at all. At least all of the games I aquired to trade in will get me more than I paid, but it looks like there won't be any extra deals that I want to do. Hopefully they will get something better going soon. Still holding out some hope that the stores near me won't catch on to the new deal for a few days and I can get a preorder in.

Just for kicks did anyone happen to get a list of the 2004 games?

I killed gr today... used a trade 5 get any PO for $1 and got Madden 2005 CE, then I went to another gr and used a trade 4 get any PO for $5 and walked out the door with a sealed MK Deception Premium Package...some dope traded in a sealed MK Dec. CE... huh... also the manager aparently had it to the side so he could by it, but one of the associates had already sold it to me by the time he caught it... sweeeet!

Yea looks like the 50% off hit of 2004 is the main deal now. Blah.

The get any game for $30 with one trade is YMMV. Mostly in new markets I can't find any Texas stores taking advantage of this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back