NEW Gamerush Deals thread - This place still rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='cyberlian'][quote name='ramprider0'][quote name='cyberlian']If you check it out, you will see that it has no barcode, and they normaly take in trades by scanning the barcodes. (It sucks because either game by itself would have been fine, but because it was a promo with both games, they told me they couldn't take it)[/quote]
Damn then I'll probably have to trade in Splintercell even though I haven't finished it yet :([/quote]
Go to an eb and pick up either madden 2001, 2002, or 2003 for ps2 for a
$1.99 and use it... (that is what i have started doing)[/quote]
Cool idea thanks man! I'll do that tomorrow.

[quote name='Snowcone'][quote name='azn099']I went to the Gamerush in San Antonio off of Babcock Rd. near the UTSA campus.

Friendly staff but not a very good selection of used games. All of their used games there seem to be the old ones pulled off the rental shelves :? . I had to drive nearly 70 miles from Austin to get there. I don't see why there are so many locations in San Antonio and DFW area but NONE in Austin and Houston.[/quote]

There are a lot of GRs closer to Austin than the Babcock store. I believe there are some on the far North side of town.[/quote]

Yeah I think the locations off of Nacagdoches are closer to Austin. I went to the Babcock locations to visit my bro at UTSA as well.

[quote name='cyberlian'][quote name='ramprider0'][quote name='cyberlian']If you check it out, you will see that it has no barcode, and they normaly take in trades by scanning the barcodes. (It sucks because either game by itself would have been fine, but because it was a promo with both games, they told me they couldn't take it)[/quote]
Damn then I'll probably have to trade in Splintercell even though I haven't finished it yet :([/quote]
Go to an eb and pick up either madden 2001, 2002, or 2003 for ps2 for a
$1.99 and use it... (that is what i have started doing)[/quote]

LOL..I hav ebeen doing that as well. My BLockbuster has like 30 used Madden 2003's for sale.

[quote name='spin03']anyone know what the new deal will be starting tomorrow?[/quote]
I wish we had some gamerush insiders here on CAG!

They need to build a super sideways shop...
(retarted) Anyway, Hockey, did you ask your sister-in-law if they were building one in PA. I got your PM, but I can't wait that long! ;_;

Asked today about deals.

Pre-order deal-last day TODAY.

extra $5 for 3+ game trades should at least one more week if not more.

[quote name='fireball343']Asked today about deals.

Pre-order deal-last day TODAY.

extra $5 for 3+ game trades should at least one more week if not more.[/quote]

I hope so, I just got a delivery of 20+ games from eb to use for trades, I make about 30$ for every 10 junk sports games I trade.

I think I might have just screwed up. I was tired so I wasn't paying very much attention, but I traded 3 games (Burnout 3, Ranbow Six 3 Black Arrow, and Splinter Cell PT) and I used a coupon to get $10 for a trade in, and I don't think I got the extra $5 per game or the $20 off my preorder of Conker Live and Reloaded. It's too late to do anything about it now, so I guess I'm screwed.

Today when I went to Gamerush so I could use my last chance to preorder KOTOR 2, I asked the guy who was working there if there was going to be a new deal. He told me their new deal is you trade in two(or one, I can't remember, sorry) games, you get 20 dollars off new release. I asked him what made a game a new release, and he told me he wasn't sure, but he thought it just meant anything around 49.99. I stupidly forgot to ask if the trade credit was included, but I guess it will since that's how all their other deals worked.

This is just what I heard from someone who works part-time, so don't maim me if it turns out I'm wrong or anything.

this would make sense bc last week my gamerush did this deal so i got twenty off donkey konga, burnout 3 and star wars battlefront and they are already released of course, i may trade battlefront in tonite and try to get more information tho.

This would be an even better deal tho, bc their preorder lists can be quite limited.

[quote name='dracula']this would make sense bc last week my gamerush did this deal so i got twenty off donkey konga, burnout 3 and star wars battlefront and they are already released of course, i may trade battlefront in tonite and try to get more information tho.

This would be an even better deal tho, bc their preorder lists can be quite limited.[/quote]

Both deals have their benefits, especially if you can preorder any game in the system (like my store). Right now I'm really glad I preordered all the games I want coming out in the next few months but I have them all and they're locked in. The new deal is great if there's a game already out you want but they have to have it in stock and you don't know how long the deal is going to last.....

true enough jshorr, but wouldnt it suck if they let you preorder a game like time crisis zone or some other niche title, but they never get it in stock? hopefully they let you switch the preorder to something else.

just got back from the store on national blvd in los angeles, they had a REALLY limited preorder selection today, probably bc the gamerush workers left for the day so the regular blockbuster workers said i could preorder any of the games on the wall(halo 2, r and c up your arsnel, killzone, pandora tomorrow, need for speed, gta san andreas. , but they didnt even have the limited list. They didnt know about future deals so I am left guessing about future deals

traded in:
star wars battlefront ps2: forty
bomberman gba ten
star wars bounty hunter gc: eight
drake xbx: seven

preordered splinter cell chaos theory and killzone.

If this deal continues but for games that are already out i will probably get paper mario 2 this week after it comes out. the best part of this is paying so little out of pocket and getting so much in return.

so far here are my favorite gamerushes:

on sepulveda blvd across from fox hills mall in culver city, i was the first to trade games in there, they let me pre order nocturne, which they had to dig out of the computer. They also let you combine the trade 3 get an additional $5 per game, along with the twenty off any preorder and let me use dreamcast and N64 sports games to preorder games like san andreas and nocturne

on venice blvd in west LA, they took loads of copies of drake for $27 each last month :D i think this must have drove the manager bonkers, they have a great selection of used gba games.

on national blvd and barrington, in santa monica
they just seem too have the best selection on older used games as far as NES, N64 and snes. will also let you combine the trade in 2 get twenty off a preorder.

dracula, i have crisis zone preordered and it's suppose to come in next week according to eb and gamestop's websites. I've seen gamerush get other niche stuff like metal slug 3 and a halo xbox, so I'm not too worried about it. I've read on here that someone preordered a game that never showed up and gamerush gave him his credit back, which I would hope they would do for me if crisis zone never showed up since it's 59.99. I guess I'll find out next week.

[quote name='ksuwild25']dracula, i have crisis zone preordered and it's suppose to come in next week according to eb and gamestop's websites. I've seen gamerush get other niche stuff like metal slug 3 and a halo xbox, so I'm not too worried about it. I've read on here that someone preordered a game that never showed up and gamerush gave him his credit back, which I would hope they would do for me if crisis zone never showed up since it's 59.99. I guess I'll find out next week.[/quote]

keep us posted, i hope you get crisis zone, just as i hope my nocturne shows up

Also can any Gamerush employees explain on how they preorder games? When I went to pick up MK: Deception, the employee told me they put in a delivery code or something like to make sure they get the copy(s) of that game. The only problem is he said that when you preorder a game, the system does not do it automatically, but that the employee has to punch whatever in to make sure the preordered item gets there. He also said that action ties in with on whether or not they call you. Just wanting to know if any employees can confirm on this.

I preordered Paper Mario a few weeks back, and it's supposed to come out tomorrow, if anybody goes to see if they came in today at any Game Rush locations around, let us know if you got it in, because I was looking forward to playing it, and I have more DVD's to trade in to get 8 bucks for, may as well do both on the same trip.

I hope they get it sometime this week, like, tomorrow or Thursday.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='el bobo']Bah, still none in PA.[/quote]

I can't believe they haven't spread these out further. I can think of at least 6 within 10 minutes of me. Meanwhile, entire states are without a GR.[/quote]

My state would be one of them

I also want FIFA, I really hope the $20 off deal is offered here in Dallas. I tried to pre-order this before and they told me I couldn't so now I need a deal!

[quote name='sj41']I think I might have just screwed up. I was tired so I wasn't paying very much attention, but I traded 3 games (Burnout 3, Ranbow Six 3 Black Arrow, and Splinter Cell PT) and I used a coupon to get $10 for a trade in, and I don't think I got the extra $5 per game or the $20 off my preorder of Conker Live and Reloaded. It's too late to do anything about it now, so I guess I'm screwed.[/quote]

They are not allowing combinations at most of the stores now.... it is going away. :(

[quote name='craven_fiend']I hope they have it at mine as well, and also have Nocturin and Paper Mario 2.[/quote]

Keep dreaming... my store has mostly crap titles because of the coupons. All the good $45 used games are gone. Just a few decent older titles left like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and Riddick.

I guess I'll just have to go and see. Although I have to pretty much drive all the way to Indy just to check, but I was going to trade games in today anyways, so it can't hurt to check. Yeah I got Riddick, Pandora Tomorrow, and Hitman Contracts last time used. I go one of the Fischers locations not sure which one it is, but its close to McVans.

I just went and preordered KOTOR Sith Lords, they told me the preorder deal was over as of today but it was still in the system and the website, so they did it anyway. I'll probably go back this afternoon and see when they get the new PS2 in since I now have $400 in credit there. (after trading in my PS2 and network adapter this morning).

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I just went and preordered KOTOR Sith Lords, they told me the preorder deal was over as of today but it was still in the system and the website, so they did it anyway. I'll probably go back this afternoon and see when they get the new PS2 in since I now have $400 in credit there. (after trading in my PS2 and network adapter this morning).[/quote]

If it was over, was your market one of the ones starting the trade 1 and get new release for 29.99?

[quote name='Indiana'][quote name='sj41']I think I might have just screwed up. I was tired so I wasn't paying very much attention, but I traded 3 games (Burnout 3, Ranbow Six 3 Black Arrow, and Splinter Cell PT) and I used a coupon to get $10 for a trade in, and I don't think I got the extra $5 per game or the $20 off my preorder of Conker Live and Reloaded. It's too late to do anything about it now, so I guess I'm screwed.[/quote]

They are not allowing combinations at most of the stores now.... it is going away. :([/quote]I know, but I'm not sure if I got any deal at all. What should have happened was that I shoul've gotten the extra $10 on one of my trades, and then I should've gotten $20 off my preorder. I think I only got the extra $10 in credit which really sucks for me. :( I'm not exactly sure if my preorder is completely paid off for or not, but I don't think it is. :(

[quote name='Nephets']I preordered Paper Mario a few weeks back, and it's supposed to come out tomorrow, if anybody goes to see if they came in today at any Game Rush locations around, let us know if you got it in, because I was looking forward to playing it, and I have more DVD's to trade in to get 8 bucks for, may as well do both on the same trip.

I hope they get it sometime this week, like, tomorrow or Thursday.[/quote]

This should be out already, I would call your GameRush by afternoon to see if they received them in yet.

Neither Kingdom Under Fire or BloodRayne 2 have come yet...they will be in Tomorrow. :?

TEXAS CAGers - I hope this isn't true but I was just at the GR in the DFW area where i know the GR Manager and he said the trade in any game and get a new game for 29.99 or less doesnt work! He said it was only for OK, Florida and Chicago and the LA area. He was gonna talk to his manager but i sat there for 20 min while he tried to make it work and it was a no go. Keep your fingers crossed this works out cuz the games of 2004 deal they got going on SUCKS! :x

So today, I was informed by the manager of my local GameRush, that from now on they will only allow anybody to use a single promotion twice. Including the trade 3+ get extra 5$

I guess my money making days are over.

I really can't complain though, for about 150$ (the cost of all the cheap sports titles I bought), I have preordered about 15 xbox titles, and have 300$ in credit.

The manager said the bad news was sent in a memo today :(

[quote name='stoned99']So today, I was informed by the manager of my local GameRush, that from now on they will only allow anybody to use a single promotion twice. Including the trade 3+ get extra 5$

I really can't complain though, for about 150$ (the cost of all the cheap sports titles I bought), I have preordered about 15 xbox titles, and have 300$ in credit.

The manager said the bad news was sent in a memo today :([/quote]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

[quote name='cyberlian'][quote name='stoned99']So today, I was informed by the manager of my local GameRush, that from now on they will only allow anybody to use a single promotion twice. Including the trade 3+ get extra 5$

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO![/quote]

I'll second that. I hope this isn't true.

The coupon I got for "trade 3 get a preowned for 5$" says that it cannot be combined with any other coupon or offer so will they allow me to use the coupon after I get the additional 5$ for each title? Or will they give me a bunch of crap about combining offers?

[quote name='cyberlian'][quote name='stoned99']So today, I was informed by the manager of my local GameRush, that from now on they will only allow anybody to use a single promotion twice. Including the trade 3+ get extra 5$

Sounds like either BS (he could be lying) or very YMMV to me. Usually the coupons or deals specify once per visit or day etc. Can BB computers even keep track of that sort of thing automatically or is he saying employees are going to pull up your history and try to deny you....

Even if us guys in Dallas don't get the deal, just remember how many Game Rushes we have around here. Just give the deal a week and we'll see for sure if the trade-in one get a new game for 30, because I really hope that deal sticks around for a long while so I can get MGS 3 and Resident Evil 4.

[quote name='jshorr'][quote name='cyberlian'][quote name='stoned99']So today, I was informed by the manager of my local GameRush, that from now on they will only allow anybody to use a single promotion twice. Including the trade 3+ get extra 5$

Sounds like either BS (he could be lying) or very YMMV to me. Usually the coupons or deals specify once per visit or day etc. Can BB computers even keep track of that sort of thing automatically or is he saying employees are going to pull up your history and try to deny you....[/quote]

I'm going to have to second that. There hasn't been uniform enforcement of the rules across the stores I've been in. Heck, there hasn't been uniform enforcement between employees in the same store.

They now have a deal trade in one game get any new game for $29.99 I have some credit so I got Donkey Konga with Konga's and Tiger Woods 2005 for $29.99 each. The manager said there was no limit on this deal so I may do another 5 trades for a $1 game and get some of the $29.99 goodness.

Also EA has the buy 2 games get 1 free so I am going to pickup Madden 2005 for about $32 after GGC from Bestbuy.

3 EA games for only $64 bucks! :)

I was at a Dallas store today and indeed the $30 trade one deal DOES NOT apply here. SO I guess Texas GR's are left with nothing but those coupons in the magazines.

[quote name='buster90']I was at a Dallas store today and indeed the $30 trade one deal DOES NOT apply here. SO I guess Texas GR's are left with nothing but those coupons in the magazines.[/quote]Sadly, the EGM for this month doesn't have an ad or coupon for GameRush or BlockBuster. :( No deals is not good at all. :cry:

I must have got lucky

Just got back from my local GR in So.Cal. and they combined offers for me! Traded 3 PS1 sports games with the trade 3 PO get 1 Po for $10 coupon then I asked if I would get the extra $3 each for trading 3 at a time and the guy said "oh yeah, that's right" and did it for me. So I got Metal slug 3 on that deal then I traded in 2 games(armed and dangerous-xbox, warioland-gba) to get Paper Mario 2 for 29.99 (20$ off). So Paper Mario is definitely available at GR.

just traded in I-ninja and Spawn and got MK: deception Kollectors for 29.99. The worker was clueless throughout the whole ordeal. Even the workers didn't know about the promotion for my store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back