NEW Gamerush Deals thread - This place still rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
if anybody wants fable, they have one at the store in la habra, CA :) they also had burnout 3 and star ocean (ps2), but i grabbed them already lol! thanks to whoever turned in those games. so far, burnout 3 is living up to my expectations :p

EDIT: oh yea, they also had a panzer dragoon (xbox) if anybody's interested. if you do the buy one get one 50% off, it's a good deal at $7.50.

The new Official U.S. Playstation Magazine has the 3 new coupons in it (trade 5 games get a used for 1 dollar etc.)

This mags worth picking up especially since it has the metal gear solid 3 demo on it

My new GR store is $uck (they all clueless almost on everything) they won't let me Pre-order Any game and Get $20 off after trade-in 5 games. Maybe, they don't know how's the promotion work i guess !!

At least I get "Shadow Hearts" (PS2) $29.99 after 20 mins pushing them.

Trade-in
Batman: Rise of Tzu $23
Hobbit $25
Hobbit $25
Wild Arms 3 $12
Hidden Invassion $6.75

Around $92 plus taxes
===============================

[quote name='el bobo']Holy crap I just called one not only did they not know what a Gamerush was, but they offered me $4 for MK:DD and $4 for the Hobbit for GC... Bah! I say Bah! No, damnit I am not a sheep.[/quote]

The trade-in prices should be universal across all GR and regular blockbuster stores. The person you spoke to must have been an idiot because at least as of yesterday Hobbit GC still got $20 before any extra deal.

Well masterkyo apparently all GR got memos not to combine those specials, I was able to do it before but both places that let me do it told me on 2nd attempts that they cant do that anymore.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']if anybody wants fable, they have one at the store in la habra, CA :) they also had burnout 3 and star ocean (ps2), but i grabbed them already lol! thanks to whoever turned in those games. so far, burnout 3 is living up to my expectations :p

EDIT: oh yea, they also had a panzer dragoon (xbox) if anybody's interested. if you do the buy one get one 50% off, it's a good deal at $7.50.[/quote]

Yup!!, I grabbed a fable using the trade 3 get any preowned for 10$, I'm going to trade it straight back for 35 + 5 (I laways trade in 3+)... A nice little profit.

FYI everyone the Rowlett store has some new used games in stock- Pikmin 2, Def Jam NY Xbox, Fable, Madden 2005, and Star Ocean End of Time.

Most only had one copy in stock but with those coupons some great deals.

bmulligan - I quit the Brighton Best Buy a couple of months ago after I got really fed up with all the crap we had to offer as a cashier. Those ladies at Wixom are really nice. The store manager (middle-aged guy, always talking to himself) is strange though.

Wshakspeare - There's a couple guys that come in to our store pretty consistantly. I haven't noticed a guy with a white spot in his hair yet. I mostly work Saturdays and Sundays from 9-5.

I really need to go back to Game Rush, it's been a while since I've done anything besides picking up a few preordered games, as I've been pretty busy using the 8 dollar trade-in DVD deal at Blockbuster. :D

[quote name='buster90']FYI everyone the Rowlett store has some new used games in stock- Pikmin 2, Def Jam NY Xbox, Fable, Madden 2005, and Star Ocean End of Time.

Most only had one copy in stock but with those coupons some great deals.[/quote]Yeah, I noticed that it had several really good used games. Next time I get the coupons, I'm heading to that store to see what they still have. :)

Yesterday I stopped into gamerush and made out really well....I switched my Halo 2 regular to collector's edition...the guy credited my account for 49.99 + tax even though I had only paid 29.99 after coupon for the preorder, and then manually put the collector's edition in at 29.99. He said a lot of people had complained that it doesn't say anywhere that only 49.99 games drop to 29.99 and so they're just doing it for 29.99. He also put in a preorder for me of Paper Mario 2 which had to be manually overridden. The time previously when I had a regular manager, not a game trader try to do it she just said no. This guy was great. I also got to double dip with the $5 extra offer and wound up with $70 credit and no out of pocket money, Halo CE instead of regular, and Paper Mario 2 for trading in 4 games that I paid $35 total. Got 25 each for 2 hobbit GCN, 15 for Re: Dead Aim, and 13 for DX: IW all after the extra $5.

I went out to EB today and bought a couple old PS1 games for 2 each. I figure I'll leave them and my coupons in my car... I figure something good will have to be traded in between now and 11/30.

(Of course, I've already picked up Fable for $10, so even if I find nothing else, I'm happy).

Anyone know what the return policy is on used games? I picked up Madden 2005 for GC but it is not playable without the new 1019 memory card which I do not have. :( I want to return it for my credit so I can pick up something else.

[quote name='Indiana']Anyone know what the return policy is on used games? I picked up Madden 2005 for GC but it is not playable without the new 1019 memory card which I do not have. :( I want to return it for my credit so I can pick up something else.[/quote]

They will just exchange for another copy of give you the trade in value of it. Madden 2005 is worth $35.

[quote name='buster90'][quote name='Indiana']Anyone know what the return policy is on used games? I picked up Madden 2005 for GC but it is not playable without the new 1019 memory card which I do not have. :( I want to return it for my credit so I can pick up something else.[/quote]They will just exchange for another copy of give you the trade in value of it. Madden 2005 is worth $35.[/quote]Is it really still worth $35? I'm shocked if that's true. :?

[quote name='drfrielgood']bmulligan - I quit the Brighton Best Buy a couple of months ago after I got really fed up with all the crap we had to offer as a cashier. Those ladies at Wixom are really nice. The store manager (middle-aged guy, always talking to himself) is strange though.

Wshakspeare - There's a couple guys that come in to our store pretty consistantly. I haven't noticed a guy with a white spot in his hair yet. I mostly work Saturdays and Sundays from 9-5.[/quote]
Ah. im normally a late night guy...like today.

I picked up 4 games today= Street Fighter Collection, Mister Mosquito, Metroid II and Metroid Zero Mission. Ive been in a Metroid mood lately.

Just to let you all know, GameRush still accepts the coupon that's posted on fatwallet. I was so surprised they accepted a print-off coupon. That's the "Trade 3 get one for 4.99" coupon, with the PS1 game trades accepted. Here's the link: http://www.fatwallet.com/redirect/bounce.php?http://img46.exs.cx/img46/7250/newestbbcoupon.jpg
Picked up Fable today, still have $4 on my account. Traded MechAssault (which I got free from leftover credit from GR just a week ago), TimeSplitters 1, and Tekken 3.

[quote name='Pope On A Rope']Just to let you all know, GameRush still accepts the coupon that's posted on fatwallet. I was so surprised they accepted a print-off coupon. That's the "Trade 3 get one for 4.99" coupon, with the PS1 game trades accepted. Here's the link: http://www.fatwallet.com/redirect/bounce.php?http://img46.exs.cx/img46/7250/newestbbcoupon.jpg
Picked up Fable today, still have $4 on my account. Traded MechAssault (which I got free from leftover credit from GR just a week ago), TimeSplitters 1, and Tekken 3.[/quote]They're not suppose to, but I'm glad that your store is letting you use the print off. :)

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='Pope On A Rope']Just to let you all know, GameRush still accepts the coupon that's posted on fatwallet. I was so surprised they accepted a print-off coupon. That's the "Trade 3 get one for 4.99" coupon, with the PS1 game trades accepted. Here's the link: http://www.fatwallet.com/redirect/bounce.php?http://img46.exs.cx/img46/7250/newestbbcoupon.jpg
Picked up Fable today, still have $4 on my account. Traded MechAssault (which I got free from leftover credit from GR just a week ago), TimeSplitters 1, and Tekken 3.[/quote]They're not suppose to, but I'm glad that your store is letting you use the print off. :)[/quote]
Where do you get these coupons from????????????? I just found a gamerush within driving distance

[quote name='Pope On A Rope']Just to let you all know, GameRush still accepts the coupon that's posted on fatwallet. I was so surprised they accepted a print-off coupon. That's the "Trade 3 get one for 4.99" coupon, with the PS1 game trades accepted. Here's the link: http://www.fatwallet.com/redirect/bounce.php?http://img46.exs.cx/img46/7250/newestbbcoupon.jpg
Picked up Fable today, still have $4 on my account. Traded MechAssault (which I got free from leftover credit from GR just a week ago), TimeSplitters 1, and Tekken 3.[/quote]

No reproductions as per the coupon. You were lucky to get an extremely stupid/nice rep/trader. Good shit tho...

Do they pricematch new games? Can I bring in a sale ad from Target or Best Buy and price match?

Thanks,

I talked to a GR employee and he said starting tomorrow the new deal would be trade in one game, get any new release for 30.00

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']We have to do tardes here for htese deals to continue! DOn't trade to eb! Go to gamerush. Selection is less for older games but you can get new games that just came out (that weeek that is) for great deals![/quote]
gainesville ga? I'm from dahlonega... I've probably seen you in some of the local gamerushes (I frequent the ones in gainesville, cumming, buford, lawrencville, and a few others)

Ok, I only work for a regular BB, NOT a gamerush but I'll tell you what I know. Firstly GR is still in somthing of a testing/rollout phase which is both why you can't find them everywhere and why the pay so much for trades. They do these rollouts by region and so some areas have lots of locations while the rest of the nation has zilch. And since they are still trying to build up a customer base thay pay top dollar on trades. After the stores are all over and people know about them the trade prices will probably drop (this probably won't happen in the foreseeable future though). When I see info about GR I'll post it.

[quote name='vanlandw']does anybody know how long the trade in any movie for $8 bucks lasts for?[/quote]

I just recieved a flyer in the mail stating that it ends on 11/01. The trade in three games get $5 per title now ends on 11/08!

I went to the Gamerush in San Antonio off of Babcock Rd. near the UTSA campus.

Friendly staff but not a very good selection of used games. All of their used games there seem to be the old ones pulled off the rental shelves :? . I had to drive nearly 70 miles from Austin to get there. I don't see why there are so many locations in San Antonio and DFW area but NONE in Austin and Houston.

I just printed out that coupon and I'm looking for a good ad online to print on the backside of the coupon, cause its going to look really funny to have a coupon that you supposedly got out of a magazine but its blank on the other side LOL! BTW the magazines in my area don't have Gamerush coupons all they got is Blockbuster rental coupons.

[quote name='buster90']Whdn does the trade 2 get preoerder for $30 end? ANyone know for sure?[/quote]

The deal is supposed to end today, and tommorow there gonna roll out some new deals.

[quote name='buster90']Whdn does the trade 2 get preoerder for $30 end? ANyone know for sure?[/quote]
It ends today according to the gamerushes that I have been in...

[quote name='ramprider0']Do they still do the trade 3 games and get 5 xtra for each title?[/quote]

Yes, however they are not allowing it to be combined with the Coupons anymore. I guess the managers just had a meeting about doing this.

[quote name='Indiana'][quote name='ramprider0']Do they still do the trade 3 games and get 5 xtra for each title?[/quote]

Yes, however they are not allowing it to be combined with the Coupons anymore. I guess the managers just had a meeting about doing this.[/quote]
Dammit that sucks :(

I've been able to get them to combine the deals, even the deals with coupons. The last time I did was on Friday, so you can still get them combined. It just depends on the employees.

I'm finally going to crack and go to the one across the street. I checked the website, and there are about six of these stores within five miles of my house. My condolences to the people who have to drive an hour plus to get to one.

Maybe I'll get rid of some junk I don't play anymore. If I gave them Maddens 02, 03, and 04, which I'm sure aren't worth jack, would I still get an extra $5 for each one?

[quote name='ramprider0']Okay so theres still hope that I could get Burnout 3 and Morrowind:GOTY version with no money out of pocket![/quote]

Yes sir there is, just look at this example...

Got this coupon from OPM "trade any 4 games get a used game for 4.99"

so lets see

took a tony hawk underground 2 (bought for 30)

nfl 2k3 (bought for 10)

madden 2001 (bought from gamestop moments before for 1.99)

and a sled storm (bought for 5)

traded them in for:

thug2: 40 (+10.00)

nfl 2k3 6.50 (-3.50)

madden 2001 6.50 (+5.50)

sled storm 6.50 (+1.50)

For a total of 13.50 in just raw profit but an overall total of 59.50 in credit

So then I used my coupon to get burnout 3 for 5 dollars

total credit at this moment is...

74.12...Oh paper mario 2, i didnt see you there...

I'm using the coupon printed from Fatwallet. BTW how big is the coupon ??x?? so I can make a good copy? And the games I'm trading in are Rallisport Challenge 2,Amped and Sega GT/JSRF combo disk in hopes of getting Burnout 3(preowned) and Morrowind:GOTY (new)
Are my expectations too high?

[quote name='ramprider0']I'm using the coupon printed from Fatwallet. BTW how big is the coupon ??x?? so I can make a good copy? And the games I'm trading in are Rallisport Challenge 2,Amped and Sega GT/JSRF combo disk in hopes of getting Burnout 3(preowned) and Morrowind:GOTY (new)
Are my expectations too high?[/quote]
I tried to trade the Sega GT/JSRF combo and they told me that they couldn't take it because it was "not for resale" they said it would be illegal for them to accept it on trade-in

If you check it out, you will see that it has no barcode, and they normaly take in trades by scanning the barcodes. (It sucks because either game by itself would have been fine, but because it was a promo with both games, they told me they couldn't take it)

I just traded in a bunch of stuff, bought Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and still have $230+ in credit left.

I would have traded in more, but the store I went to didn't have the list of games for preorder yet, so I'm going to go to a different store for that.

[quote name='cyberlian']If you check it out, you will see that it has no barcode, and they normaly take in trades by scanning the barcodes. (It sucks because either game by itself would have been fine, but because it was a promo with both games, they told me they couldn't take it)[/quote]
Damn then I'll probably have to trade in Splintercell even though I haven't finished it yet :(

[quote name='azn099']I went to the Gamerush in San Antonio off of Babcock Rd. near the UTSA campus.

Friendly staff but not a very good selection of used games. All of their used games there seem to be the old ones pulled off the rental shelves :? . I had to drive nearly 70 miles from Austin to get there. I don't see why there are so many locations in San Antonio and DFW area but NONE in Austin and Houston.[/quote]

There are a lot of GRs closer to Austin than the Babcock store. I believe there are some on the far North side of town.

[quote name='ramprider0'][quote name='cyberlian']If you check it out, you will see that it has no barcode, and they normaly take in trades by scanning the barcodes. (It sucks because either game by itself would have been fine, but because it was a promo with both games, they told me they couldn't take it)[/quote]
Damn then I'll probably have to trade in Splintercell even though I haven't finished it yet :([/quote]
Go to an eb and pick up either madden 2001, 2002, or 2003 for ps2 for a
$1.99 and use it... (that is what i have started doing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back