New Gamestop trade promo: 50% extra credit for ALL games. Starts 2/22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei no Otaku

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Cool, I'll remember that when I have to fill out my praise card at the end of the week. Really wished you had given me the total praise though. Only 1/3 praise away from a gold star this week T.T[/QUOTE]
Yeah man, no gold star for you. But so close! :p

[quote name='kakashi856']What's the chances of New Super Mario Bros. Wii and TvC staying at $25? :([/QUOTE]

I would say very good for both, NSMB sells quickly in used at my store and TvC is still a month shy of release.

haven't seen any ads on this. will stop by my local GS tomorrow hoping they have this offer in California :(

I actually kept some of the cases when I traded in last weekend as I couldn't be troubled to make an extra trip (I used a bookbag and stopped between classes). Most of the time I don't even use the case as I end up getting so many old games that the cases would take up too much space if left around. I can understand if they feel like charging extra but one time they didn't even tell it to me until AFTER they rang it up and gave me my receipt. Needless to say I've never been back there.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']If that's true, you could make close to $10 in TIV if you buy it @ Best Buy for $20 & flip to GS. [/QUOTE]
Wait, how do you get Tekken 6 for $20 at BB?

[quote name='hostyl1']What if it's a trade in in of a game in one of those "ugly fake cases"? I know I've bought 'disc only' game from GS that I've later traded back in in the same fake case. You charge folks for that too?

If you do charge, then you really are a dick. If not, please ignore
[/QUOTE]

See thats what I don't agree with in regards with GS. If they deduct the TIV of a game if its not complete, than they should deduct the sell value of the game if it isn't complete as well. As we all know they don't do that. Around where I live we have 4 gamestops all riddled with incomplete games. Now if I buy one, and resell it later and they knock them for not having it complete thats really stupid imo.

why are so many people getting rid of tekken? Just dont play ranked matches, own those chick kickers with high fast kicks and you'll have fun online! it's one of my most played online games atm.
sf4 is a bit better but i mean cant play that all the time hehe.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Wait, how do you get Tekken 6 for $20 at BB?[/QUOTE]

Oops...I sure as heck thought it was $40 (price drop) & then $20 off RZ coupon. :whistle2:#

I guess I was wrong. I must have been thinking of Brutal Legend.

EDIT - Wow...Tekken 6 is still $59.99 in stores?! Amazon has it for $34.99 right now.

[quote name='rawrker']See thats what I don't agree with in regards with GS. If they deduct the TIV of a game if its not complete, than they should deduct the sell value of the game if it isn't complete as well. As we all know they don't do that. Around where I live we have 4 gamestops all riddled with incomplete games. Now if I buy one, and resell it later and they knock them for not having it complete thats really stupid imo.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's not. It makes sense from a business standpoint.

They don't discount incomplete/damaged cases/instructions because it would lead to vandalism and inconsistency. Say you want a used copy of some hot new game, but you don't want to pay full price. You damage the manual (or chuck it), damage the case, etc and demand a discount. And how much of a discount do you get? Is it a sliding scale? Imagine the arguments that would lead to. This is the same reason most major retailers won't discount for damaged packaging any more--customers started damaging it on purpose to save a few bucks.

As for not offering as much for incomplete games, that is because they aren't worth as much. Price isn't the only factor. Shelf appeal is part of the equation. Games with cases/manuals move faster. For example, I will almost never buy a used game unless it's complete and in very good condition. That's just my preference. So an incomplete game in a generic case and a complete one may have the same price sticker, but one is garbage to me while the other is not. And plenty of other people feel the same way. So Gamestop prices accordingly.

[quote name='JaxMoney']haven't seen any ads on this. will stop by my local GS tomorrow hoping they have this offer in California :([/QUOTE]

I'm in LA and the guys at my local GameStop were going on and on about it today when I was about to trade in some games.

[quote name='kakashi856']What's the chances of New Super Mario Bros. Wii and TvC staying at $25? :([/QUOTE]

lol it was amazon's trade in of the day like 2-3 days back for what I believe was 33.00 ...OUCH

so any confirmation yet at a store that this live? And did they lower your trade in value after the sale when into effect?

[quote name='msuna']so any confirmation yet at a store that this live? And did they lower your trade in value after the sale when into effect?[/QUOTE]

Stores don't open for another 5 minutes and we've already got confirmation that they hung up the signs in the store last night.

[quote name='msuna']so any confirmation yet at a store that this live? And did they lower your trade in value after the sale when into effect?[/QUOTE]

It is up on the website now.

[quote name='ShaJay']Just Called Demon Souls trade sin for 15 and Mass effect 2 trades in for 35 still[/QUOTE]

Time to pick up that used copy of ME2 and flip it back.

[quote name='ShaJay']Just Called Demon Souls trade sin for 15 and Mass effect 2 trades in for 35 still[/QUOTE]

well if the trade-in for me2 is holding then i would assume that the other trade-ins would stay
PLEASE POST ANY REFRESHED TRADE-IN VALUES

I just called, Modern Warfare 2 for the PS3 trades in for $23 and the guy told me about the deal where you get 50% additional credit when trading in towards a new game.

time to unload all the crap that I havent traded in because of not enough value. Kameo, Tiger Woods 07, Sega Superstars Tennis, etc time to get the fuck out of my entertainment center

I know this probably wishful thinking, but I hope this refreshes the local stock on games from the last generation. Those piles were getting really slim, so it'll be nice to see a better selection again.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Meh... I was just looking at TIVs for some games I'd be willing to turn in. Crap + 50% is still Crap.[/QUOTE]

true, but it ill take crap+50%>shit that I will NEVER play again in my entire life filling up my entertainment center

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for TIVs not reported in the TIV thread. Want to keep things complete as possible.

That is ridiculous for Demon Souls considering they still sell it for $49.99 used. I can't believe ME2 held. Traded mine for Darksiders and Tekken 6 over the weekend, certain it would fall...can't complain.

Ok so this is how it works....

EXAMPLE OF TIV AND 50% extra TIC

MASS EFFECT 2 trades for $35
+ 50% extra (more like 50% more of initial value) = $17.50
$35.00
+$17.50
----------
$52.50
+$3.50 for edge card %10 stack
-----------------------
$56.00 = AWESOME

I GOT Almost $12 each for BF:BC and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 non gold so this deal is fucking amazing.

I would imagine that is the ONLY new title that would trade in for that much.

seems like bioshock 2 is considerably less, as well as Dante's, Darksiders, Bayonetta, and the like

I'm satisfied.

PSP
Need for Speed: Carbon - $5 - $8
Tekken: Dark Ressurrection - $6.25 - $9.99
Rainbow Six: Vegas - $4 - $6.40
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 - $3.00 - $4.80

The Saboteur - $16 - $25.60
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $5 - $8
GTA IV - $4 - $6.40

$69.19

Just came back from Gamestop...

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
Trade In - $8.00
Bonus 50% - $4.00
Bonus 10% - $0.80
Total - $12.80

Halo Wars
Trade In - $4.00
Bonus 50% - $2.00
Bonus 10% - $0.40
Total - $6.40

Saints Row 2
Trade In - $5.00
Bonus 50% - $2.50
Bonus 10% - $0.50
Total - $8.00

Borderlands
Trade In - $23.75
Bonus 50% - $11.88
Bonus 10% - $2.38
Total - $38.01

Civ Rev
Trade In - $6.75
Bonus 50% - $3.38
Bonus 10% - $0.68
Total - $10.81

WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2010
Trade In - $22.50
Bonus 50% - $11.25
Bonus 10% - $2.25
Total - $36.00

Brutal Legend
Trade In - $8.25
Bonus 50% - $4.12
Bonus 10% - $0.82
Total - $13.19

Hrm, was thinking about doing some trading today, but noticed Goozex is still giving out a pretty large amount for KoFXIII (700 points) and Excitebots (450)

Didn't finish Dante's Inferno yet either.

Tax pending, you can make about $7-8 a ME2 from buying and reselling. Question is, how do you pull this off without them refusing to sell it to you? Do you buy out a store of used copies, move on to the next, trade them in and buy them back, then rinse repeat at the next store? I'm personally not wasting my time to do that (my real job is worthwhile enough) but I know some people do, so I'm curious.

when i did it, you'd start at location A, move to location B, move to C. Assuming you have gamestops all close by (I have four). but then I was making about $35 per store, so the hour and a half it took was worth it.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Meh... I was just looking at TIVs for some games I'd be willing to turn in. Crap + 50% is still Crap.[/QUOTE]

Actually, its "crap and a half".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back