New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='Redfield182']Tried to call first but waited on hold for 10 min on the phone so I hung up and went there. Seems like the Iowa K-Marts don't drop prices to what I'm seeing on here. I've gone there countless times and they won't drop any of the controller bundles. They are all $59.99 and there was a starter pack of some sort with a controller that was $69.99!? REALLY?

Lowest drops were down to $14.99 and $17.99 and that was very few. All pretty much comparable to Amazon prices so a waste of time once again.

They also had a pspgo on clearance for $149.99!! Yeah that about summed up that experience....why such great deals everywhere else?[/QUOTE]

The first rule of CAG is never call ahead.
WI Kmart's clearence sucks too.

[quote name='KtMack23']The first rule of CAG is never call ahead.
WI Kmart's clearence sucks too.[/QUOTE]

I usually don't but I've grown sick of going there only to be disappointed anymore. Always nervous they'll lie or be lazy about the prices but everyone at this store barely knows the difference between all the systems so I don't think they'd try to steal a deal from under me.....

Also, I've been on here WAY longer than my join date. Just decided last year to finally stop being a lurker...:D

Went to another Kmart today; they had almost all the games that are in this clearance thread and even remotes, but everything was higher in $ than in thread, except UFC 2010/ Shirt that I got for $6, saw also a Karaoke PS3 game for $6.

What frustrates me is not the incorrect tag labeling. I like that. I'd rather it be marked $59.99 and then scan out at $6... more for people who know. What bugs me is going to Kmarts, looking in the giant game case and seeing that there's two other rows of games behind the front row that I can't see.

I'm tempted one day to go in there and ask to look through the case... but then again it's hard enough finding anyone who works in the store at some spots you go to. Plus I doubt they'd be cool w/ that.

So I found:
Resident evil Wii for $6
Dead Space Wii for $6

Rockband Greenday for Wii and PS3 is $4, but there was no copies left for xbox 360.

Its funny that Kmart doesnt price match Sears?

[quote name='fearMr.Met']What frustrates me is not the incorrect tag labeling. I like that. I'd rather it be marked $59.99 and then scan out at $6... more for people who know. What bugs me is going to Kmarts, looking in the giant game case and seeing that there's two other rows of games behind the front row that I can't see.

I'm tempted one day to go in there and ask to look through the case... but then again it's hard enough finding anyone who works in the store at some spots you go to. Plus I doubt they'd be cool w/ that.[/QUOTE]
:lol:This sounds like the one Kmart by me a couple of years ago. They had 2-3 rows of PS3/360/Wii games sitting in the case one row in front of the other. Every time I asked if I could just look through the cases I got that 'whatever' look and most times they ended up asking me if there was something specific I was looking for and they would sort through the case.

The one time I just nudged my way in there and started looking through the games on my own, since I always got some non gamer opening the case and looking like they had better things to do than help a customer. Sometimes you just gotta take the initiative.;)
[quote name='bobphone']Has anyone put together a full list yet?[/QUOTE]
Nope. I also hope they don't either, since with the thread being disorganized and having no compiled list it gives those of us who keep track of the thread a better chance of finding stuff.

Not to mention I think the one local game store owner who's a fuckin' toolbag lowballer is on CAG, as I've seen him at every sale/clearance for the last six months or so. So I'd rather it be other local CAG's who clean out the stores than that fuckwad.
[quote name='CAG90210']I saw Little Big Planet 2 Collector's Edition for $49.99 yesterday. Might to pick it up later tonight.[/QUOTE]
Save your money. The bookends are light/cheap and the Sackboy plush is the same one you could buy for $12 at FYE and many other stores and be able to choose from ones other than a vanilla SB. The only thing of possible value in the package is the costumes voucher inside the game case. Otherwise just save your cash and grab the GOTY edition that's out now.

By the way, does anyone else remember seeing a touch screen Gateway or other brand computer in their Kmart stores a year or two ago? I remember when I went in there to use one of those Fallout New Vegas coaster coupons and seeing it on the same shelves as the HDtv's.

I just kinda wonder if they ever clearanced that out. It'd be nuts to get a nice new PC for $100 or so. I think it was marked $449 or something.

[quote name='fearMr.Met']What frustrates me is not the incorrect tag labeling. I like that. I'd rather it be marked $59.99 and then scan out at $6... more for people who know. [/QUOTE]
What's even worse is spotting what you think is going to be a sweet deal laying behind some other crap on the bottom shelf and when they price check it it's not.
For example UFC 2009 for 24.99, I mean seriously I could probably get a used copy for like $2 somewhere.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']By the way, does anyone else remember seeing a touch screen Gateway or other brand computer in their Kmart stores a year or two ago? I remember when I went in there to use one of those Fallout New Vegas coaster coupons and seeing it on the same shelves as the HDtv's.

I just kinda wonder if they ever clearanced that out. It'd be nuts to get a nice new PC for $100 or so. I think it was marked $449 or something.[/QUOTE]

That would be an awesome find. HDD's are almost a $100 so I'll keep a lookout for that. A friend of mine was asking me about computers at K-mart. I didn't even know they sold computers until she informed about it.

I wish I had copied down the model # or some info for it when I saw it a year or two ago though. At least then maybe I could find a UPC for it and print up a barcode to see what it'd come up in the system.

I can only imagine what the back rooms of some of my local Kmarts look like. They probably house so much VOM(very old merchandise), especially if the cartload of PS2/Xbox games they brought out from the back a couple years ago when I went game hunting with another CAG at my closest store is any indication.

About the only thing that I'm really ticked off at myself for not keeping better track of when it was in stock was that multicade that Target used to sell for $500-600 that looked like an old school arcade machine with about 20 games on it.

That multicade was cool but it was pretty low to the ground so uncomfortable to play and the games on it weren't as authentic as they could have been, I bet you can get them pretty cheap on craigslist these day. But you are probably better off just getting a real arcade game if you have space for it and are willing to spend $200-300 on a cabinet, you can get good deals because arcade game collecting is not that popular now.

Going way off topic, but the circuit board from the Hanaho multicades is still pretty popular in the arcade communities. It's a standard JAMMA PCB that can be used in 'real' arcade cabinets, the emulation is fairly accurate, and most of the games on it are rare and expensive as original PCBs. If you can find one cheap on CL... grab it. The PCB alone sells for ~$200.

All variations use the same PCB with different data on the SD card: Taito 10-in-1, Taito 20-in-1, or Neo Geo 6-in-1. So, once you have the PCB you can swap it to any of the game lists just by changing the SD card.

Bought Trauma Center New Blood for $6.00 in Merrillville, IN. Their DS and Wii games were very picked over, many PS3 & 360 games clearanced though. Saw a couple copies of Singularity for 360 for $6.00 and came across a Battalion Wars 2, but it was ringing up 17.99.

I found a sing;e copy of Bulletstorm (PS3) with a yellow $4.00 sticker on it. It scanned at $19.99 and the little sonofabitch refused to honor the stickered price. The sticker was fresh, attached professionally as opposed to being scraped off from some other title. I thought they honored their sticker prices.

Ended up getting GRAW 2 PS3 GH for $4.00 instead. Also saw a R&C Crack in time for $6.00.

[quote name='srac84']hey guys is the buy 1 get 1 50% clearance starting tomorrow?[/QUOTE]
Store ads run Sunday through Saturday, always have and always will. The only exceptions to that are holiday/special sales such as Black Friday, where the ad for that week will run Sun-Thurs and then the BF ad will be it's own seperate ad.

[quote name='nietzsche74']I found a sing;e copy of Bulletstorm (PS3) with a yellow $4.00 sticker on it. It scanned at $19.99 and the little sonofabitch refused to honor the stickered price. The sticker was fresh, attached professionally as opposed to being scraped off from some other title. I thought they honored their sticker prices.

Ended up getting GRAW 2 PS3 GH for $4.00 instead. Also saw a R&C Crack in time for $6.00.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. My kmart said they dont match sears?
Resident Evil Wii had a tag for $14.99 and Dead Space Wii for $9.99,
BUT both came up on register for $6 each.
Buy 1 get 1 50% sounds nice, but these are the only two games i saw.

Kmart's on my shitlist today. Went in and picked up a clearance game for $4, then when I get home I notice it's been opened and resealed with packing tape. So I take it back (the plastic wrap with packing tape still attached to the game) and they refuse to do anything about it because it's been opened. I said "I know, that's the problem, it looks like it had been opened before I bought it and the 1 time use code is missing". So, they get the manager who tells me "As soon as you walk out the door with a clearance game, it's not my problem anymore" accompanied by (after I mentioned I'd call the toll free customer service number about it) "Go ahead, no body is going to help you with this."

The woman I spoke with from the Sears hotline certainly seemed to care about the issue, but I need to wait until monday for my case to be forwarded to the proper department.

So.. anyways.. just venting about kmart clearance, I guess.

[quote name='Maskim']Kmart's on my shitlist today. Went in and picked up a clearance game for $4, then when I get home I notice it's been opened and resealed with packing tape. So I take it back (the plastic wrap with packing tape still attached to the game) and they refuse to do anything about it because it's been opened. I said "I know, that's the problem, it looks like it had been opened before I bought it and the 1 time use code is missing". So, they get the manager who tells me "As soon as you walk out the door with a clearance game, it's not my problem anymore" accompanied by (after I mentioned I'd call the toll free customer service number about it) "Go ahead, no body is going to help you with this."

The woman I spoke with from the Sears hotline certainly seemed to care about the issue, but I need to wait until monday for my case to be forwarded to the proper department.

So.. anyways.. just venting about kmart clearance, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Damn that sucks, why i always try to make sure i check because i had something similar happen to me once.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Damn that sucks, why i always try to make sure i check because i had something similar happen to me once.[/QUOTE]
I normally check pretty well, but was in a hurry buying a child's birthday present and just grabbed the game while walking to the register from the toy section. At least it sounds like I'll be able to get it sorted out on monday.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Damn that sucks, why i always try to make sure i check because i had something similar happen to me once.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I bought a Nerf bundle game on clearance once for $2.XX from Kmart a couple years ago with the intention of giving it away as a gift. Months later when I we were ready to give it away, I noticed the box was opened. I looked in and the game was gone but the Nerf gun was still there. So I was pissed off but not that much because at least I got the Nerf gun for 2 bucks. I gave that to my kid and threw the box away.

[quote name='Maskim']Kmart's on my shitlist today. Went in and picked up a clearance game for $4, then when I get home I notice it's been opened and resealed with packing tape. So I take it back (the plastic wrap with packing tape still attached to the game) and they refuse to do anything about it because it's been opened. I said "I know, that's the problem, it looks like it had been opened before I bought it and the 1 time use code is missing". So, they get the manager who tells me "As soon as you walk out the door with a clearance game, it's not my problem anymore" accompanied by (after I mentioned I'd call the toll free customer service number about it) "Go ahead, no body is going to help you with this."

wow. Sounds like Target. Same thing happen a few years ago.
It was a $20 game, but when open, had a CD-R. Target was thinking I was trying to pull something. I was like , WTF. Why would I lie for a $20 old game? I requested a even exchange. Management agreed at the end, but still, its a pain to drive back and forth and then associates think that u did something wrong. What is the world coming too?

[quote name='The Punisher']wow. Sounds like Target. Same thing happen a few years ago.
It was a $20 game, but when open, had a CD-R. Target was thinking I was trying to pull something. I was like , WTF. Why would I lie for a $20 old game? I requested a even exchange. Management agreed at the end, but still, its a pain to drive back and forth and then associates think that u did something wrong. What is the world coming too?[/QUOTE]

Ya know why? That crap happens all the time here in TN/NC area. I mean all the time. People will freakin bust open condom packs and take em. Just imagine how sneaky they are when it comes to games, movies, and even Legos... (went to Target & Toys rus on the same day someone returned opened star wars legos, and they took it back.)... they took the minifigures out.

[quote name='walterdude']Ya know why? That crap happens all the time here in TN/NC area. I mean all the time. People will freakin bust open condom packs and take em. Just imagine how sneaky they are when it comes to games, movies, and even Legos... (went to Target & Toys rus on the same day someone returned opened star wars legos, and they took it back.)... they took the minifigures out.[/QUOTE]

I remember someone mentioned that all of the Skylander starter kits at TRU were missing the figures and brought it up to the manager. Shrugged and walked away.

This is a big problem at Sears and Kmart here, I keep finding games I want to buy, but then the shrinkwrap is damaged. The games are obviously stolen, so I don't want to risk it.

[quote name='SaraAB']This is a big problem at Sears and Kmart here, I keep finding games I want to buy, but then the shrinkwrap is damaged. The games are obviously stolen, so I don't want to risk it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i ran into that problem here. Like 3 of the games i wanted to buy had the shrinkwrap either removed in a strange way (Like so someone could slide the game out), or was completely removed.

I find it strange that they dont even go through the games and take that kind of stuff out, to prevent problems like this from ever happening.

I'm sorry for your loss, but I have a feeling that the 1 time use code would have already been expired anyway.

That sucks! That's why I passed on a copy of A Boy and His Blob. The game was moving around the case. I might pick it up tomorrow, but we'll see how this goes. Thinking about picking up some Guitar Hero games to complete my collection.

[quote name='PurpleJesus74']I have AvP for PS3,what sucked was i completed the first 2 campaigns,then at the end of the Alien one it just kept freezing.It is kinda glitchy i recall,even when installed.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall the campaigns being particularly glitchy (at least nothing gamebreaking, or out of the ordinary). I actually sort of enjoyed the single player in that game - although I hadn't played many PS3 shooters back then, I remember being pleasantly surprised by this game considering it was pretty poorly reviewed. That is not to say there couldn't have been glitches I didn't notice, or that if I replayed it again today I'd have the same opinion of it. But at the time I found it enjoyable.

I do remember that the online/multiplayer was COMPLETELY unplayable in that game. You couldn't even stay connected to a match most of the time. So for me it was basically a "single-player only" game.

I just got YET ANOTHER email from Shop Your Way Rewards that I have a bonus $10 in my account. Expiring 6/4. Guess it's time for me to pick up another clearance game for free. :lol:

This is like the 4th time in the last 6-8 weeks they've sent money.

First time was $10.
Then two different $5 emails.
Now $10 again.

Too bad they probably don't have any actual game deals worth spending it on, other than whatever is in the clearance bin. I might actually just get a blu-ray movie or something else this time (depending on what they have).

Mine said $10 but for Outdoor Living. I got a $5 email 2 weeks ago for grocery, but I had a $10 balance at the checkout. So the $10 doesnt have to be used for anything, not just Outdoor Living?

YOU HAVE BEEN AWARDED $10
worth of SHOP YOUR WAY REWARDSSM Points (10,000 Points)
to your account for being our valued Member.

HURRY! These Points expire on 06/04/2012.
You can redeem them towards anything you'd like
in Outdoor Living, in store or online.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']Mine said $10 but for Outdoor Living. I got a $5 email 2 weeks ago for grocery, but I had a $10 balance at the checkout. So the $10 doesnt have to be used for anything, not just Outdoor Living?

YOU HAVE BEEN AWARDED $10
worth of SHOP YOUR WAY REWARDSSM Points (10,000 Points)
to your account for being our valued Member.

HURRY! These Points expire on 06/04/2012.
You can redeem them towards anything you'd like
in Outdoor Living, in store or online.[/QUOTE]

My last $10 one said "redeem in Jewelry", but I didn't even realize that until someone mentioned it after the fact (actually it was a post on here that made me look twice at it). I had no problems using it on a game at the front register.

I actually didn't bother with the $5 ones, so I don't know what those said or if they would have been trouble free. Maybe it won't work and last time was just lucky, but I'll give it a shot again since I'm going out shopping tomorrow anyway. :)

I'm sorry to hear that, and thats happened to me before to when buying a game from Sears. Its not really a knock on Kmart as it is the random douche bags employees you'll encounter. When it happened to me, fortunately, Josh aka Kmartgamer was still around so he sent me a gift card and gave the manager a call. I hope their hotline helps you out.

Ugh, that just burns me up. Why in the hell would you even be causing a stink about a $4 clearance game if something REALLY wasn't wrong? I guess those same issues with Kmart are still there....after all this time? I'm getting real tired of these piss poor management story's...So lemme get this straight..you bought the game..which means you drove your vehicle..with the high price of gas...BOUGHT the game for $4...took it home...found something was wrong...brought it back to the store.. AGAIN with the price of gas...and he's trying to throw this back on your lap...and they wonder why their damn stores are empty. sorry to hear that for you, bro.

It's been my experience that despite the e-mail saying the SYWR points are for a specific department, they can be redeemed on anything.

Went to Kmart yesterday for the first time in a long time and found a couple of games on clearance.
I picked up Resonance of Fate and 3D Dot Game Heroes for 6.00 each on PS3. Pretty happy with that.

well just came back practically nothing works with the buy 1 get 1 50% off...it may literally just be the 3 games featured in the ad lol..so if your going just for the buy 1 get 1 50% dont bother, as for the rest of the prices i guess its YMMV as some of the games scanned for more than what was reported here.

[quote name='drtomoe123']Yeah, went out and picked up a ton of clearance stuff, but the b1g1 applied to none of it. :([/QUOTE]
That sucks,the ad says ''assorted'' clearance titles,but apparently its misleading,which is just stupid on K Marts part,sorry you guys are wasting your time/gas.Just make it on all clearance games or none at all.

Clearance did not work here, my Kmart told me that it was buy 1 regular price game and then get a second clearance game half off. I will be calling corporate to complain as that is not what the ad says.

I got it to work. They had to do an override as the system would not do it by itself, but as soon as I showed them the ad, the main manager overrode it. You have to tell them to do it. Picked up Dead Space Extraction Wii, Glory of Heracles DS, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection 360 and Sonic Unleashed PS3. They were all $6, but with the 50% off, I got them all for $18 altogether.

[quote name='SaraAB']Clearance did not work here, my Kmart told me that it was buy 1 regular price game and then get a second clearance game half off. I will be calling corporate to complain as that is not what the ad says.[/QUOTE]

Let us know how that goes.

They would not do the override for me because they told me that the ad meant that you had to buy one regular priced game then you get half off a clearance game. I probably won't get to make the call till tomorrow since I doubt the complaint hotline has hours on Sunday.

bread's done
Back