New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Not sure if anyone's posted it but:

:ps3: Limited White PS3 500gb console (comes with 3 games, and a year of PS+)- $230

:vita: PS Vita Car Charger- $5

Didn't get either, but the PS3 console looked tempting.

Scanned:

Rune Factory 3 ringed at $18  or something like that

Brain Age 3DS - $29.99

Professor Layton: Miracle MASK - $37

Star Fox 64 3D - $9.97

Scanned:

Brain Age 3DS - $29.99
That's really weird, I saw some today and they still had the $9.99 sale tag in front of them.

I like Brain Age, but I really don't like the Demon Kawashima that they've incorporated into the entire 3DS game.

5+minute+oni+training+brain+age.jpg

Resident Evil Revelations = $24

Resident Evil Mercenaries = $15

Almost bit on Mercenaries, but the lone copy they had looked like it had been re-shrinkwrapped. The only and single worst game in 3DS history to find out it's been used. Also my buy price is $10 (new) for that.

Picked up Kirby's Epic Yarn Wii for $5. Early Christmas present or CAG trade fodder (will trade Yarn +$5 for Spirit Tracks)

I can't speak for Kmart but at the stores I've worked at they've always been the sort of thing that got pulled and sent back to the distributor and then we would get back a generic shipment with a mix of titles that were stickered over.

No way they sold 8+ copies in a week at full price in this backwoods town. It will be interesting to see what happens and if we notice Fire Emblems dropping soon. I plan on going back this weekend to see what else I can find.

BTW, I know a couple others mentioned it but if anyone has an extra sealed Kid Icarus they are willing to trade or sell please shoot me a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
i got a starcraft and diablo battlechests for $5. and WoW battlechest was also $5. but I don't think I will pay the monthly fee that WoW requires.

:ds:  Rune Factory 3 $5

:ds:  Harvest Moon Sunshine Islands $5

Harvest Moon is like Animal Crossing, and Rune Factory is more RPG, right?

Almost bit on Mercenaries, but the lone copy they had looked like it had been re-shrinkwrapped. The only and single worst game in 3DS history to find out it's been used. Also my buy price is $10 (new) for that.
I guess you either don't shop at Target or didn't luck out when the game hit 8.98 (maybe less? I think not) there a few months back. Yeah... I would have been cautious about that shrinkwrap too. I hope ya strike gold soon, bub.

I haven't been paying as much attention to this thread as I should, but it seems like the out-of-case games at my local Kmart have been near-total trash for a few months now, and there is N-E-V-E-R anyone nearby to aggravate about verifying prices on games in the case. Maybe I'll swing in tomorrow for the hell of it. I went in there the other day hoping to find a case of Game Fuel but didn't score; can't find it anywhere in town, in fact. :(

Resident Evil Revelations = $24

Resident Evil Mercenaries = $15

Almost bit on Mercenaries, but the lone copy they had looked like it had been re-shrinkwrapped.
Unless it's an obvious hack job, it's probably new. Some of the RE 3DS games came in normal shrinkwrap (instead of Y-fold). I don't remember what type of shrinkwrap my copy of Mercenaries had, but I've seen new copies of Revelations with plain shrinkwrap.

Me notice last two copies of Flingsmash missing at my local K-mart today. Wonder where they go.
Well, see, it's a retail store, which means that it's their business model to sell stuff. They probably got sold. The only thing dumber than wondering why something sold is to ask it like Cookie Monster. Oh, wait.

anybody notice any Starcraft 2s for 5 bucks? I seen some in my  usual store. I would pull on it if I hadn't had it already

:ds: Rune Factory 3 $5

:ds: Harvest Moon Sunshine Islands $5

They're both farming games, Rune Factory just turns the world fantasy and does combat and stuff instead of peacefully wandering through the woods.

They're both farming games, Rune Factory just turns the world fantasy and does combat and stuff instead of peacefully wandering through the woods.
:ds: Rune Factory 3 $5

:ds: Harvest Moon Sunshine Islands $5

Run Factory 3 (DS) OOP for while & reprinted with MSRP $19.99. I picked up $15 last week. Not sure why you able to get it for $5-ish. Your copy have UPC sticker cover the old UPC or with out sticker UPC?

Run Factory 3 (DS) OOP for while & reprinted with MSRP $19.99. I picked up $15 last week. Not sure why you able to get it for $5-ish. Your copy have UPC sticker cover the old UPC or with out sticker UPC?
Without the UPC sticker. Specifically, it had no sticker and would not scan when I took it to a price scanner. The manager took it to the back and put a new price on it himself.

Man I was sad at the reprint. I remember when complete copies were going for like $70 and I was super excited to find a CIB copy for $15 at a local GS. But finding it for $5 is great I guess, hopefully it somehow gets rare again lol.

Unless it's an obvious hack job, it's probably new. Some of the RE 3DS games came in normal shrinkwrap (instead of Y-fold). I don't remember what type of shrinkwrap my copy of Mercenaries had, but I've seen new copies of Revelations with plain shrinkwrap.
Was this possibly because of the reprint on the spine of the first-run copies?

Was able to grab a few games. Main thing I don't believe i've seen posted ITT was original release (not the ugly red case) of Ni No Kuni for $9.99.

Without the UPC sticker. Specifically, it had no sticker and would not scan when I took it to a price scanner. The manager took it to the back and put a new price on it himself.
That's how it is at our local KM...wont's can and so they took the price that was on the old sticker...$19.99.

Sounds like a sale price. I hear a lot of people talk about this one, good pick up?
It may be a sale price. n
Not sure if there is a way to tell but it was in the clearance bin, but that means nothing at the Kmart I got it at. It's always disorganized. A good price for anyone that still hadn't grabbed it and wanted the original release.

It may be a sale price. n
Not sure if there is a way to tell but it was in the clearance bin, but that means nothing at the Kmart I got it at. It's always disorganized. A good price for anyone that still hadn't grabbed it and wanted the original release.
I've seen the greatest hits version on shelves, not sure they have any of the black label.

Going out for last minute groceries before the storm, might stop by if I have time.

Stopped in just before close, took a brief look and couldn't find one. There's actually very little in the cases. They could probably condense everything from all consoles into one.
Mine is the same. Only a handful of games from each system which seems really strange.

Was this possibly because of the reprint on the spine of the first-run copies?
There are reprint copies with 'Revelations' spelled correctly, both with and without the folds. I know because I wanted one sealed with the folds. As far as Mercenaries, none of them have the folds, as I think was mentioned already.

Thanks, picked it up today. Not only cheap shrink-wrap, but the entire back had the "I'm too hot" wavy waves in the actual case's clear plastic, making it look even worse.

Opened it up right away to smell the booklet and check the save data: all good on the inside.

Verified Brain Age: on sale for $9.99 until 1/11

Went to a different Kmart than usual and walked out with Kid Icarus: Uprising for $19.99 and a $5 Diablo II Battlechest. This store had all their clearance on the bottom shelf in the glass case, and no prices changes were indicated (naturally).

FYI: According to the cashier, the Greenfield, WI and Hales Corners, WI stores will be closing this April. That explains why the store was so barren.

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2014/01/07/kmarts-to-close-in-greenfield-hales.html

Usually between 1 week and 8 years. It's really hard to judge since you'll see stuff drop immediately at most stores and then the one store around you will have it over current MSRP for months.
yeah i just went today and asked about a gears of war 3 limited edition that has been there forever he said they wont lower it until corporate says so lol guess ill be waiting another year lol

Sorry but that was one game out of three that I asked about and I would still like to here others experience as well. If it's $25 at your KMart it may be $5-$60 at other Kmarts.

Anyone else checked those titles or noticed a large quantity disappear? Also, does anyone know if they add the sticker UPC's in store and what the process in that is?

FWIW I was able to grab the following today:

Harvest Moon 3D The Tale of Two Towns (3DS)$4.97
Madden Football (3DS) $4.97
Hot Shots Golf World Invitation Vita) $4.99
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 ((Vita) $9.97
im going to have to go back or call ill call first to check the price but yes a large amount of games have gone lol i mean ALOT in one of my kmarts

just called one they didnt have anything 

just came back from another walmart called before i came in they had

pilot wings 4.99

hotshots golf ps vita 4.99

and

harvest moon 3d the tale of two towns for 3.00 = ) that one is YMMV!! 

yeah i just went today and asked about a gears of war 3 limited edition that has been there forever he said they wont lower it until corporate says so lol guess ill be waiting another year lol
I ran across a Kmart the other day by accident and it had a MW3 hardened edition, still for $99.99

At KMart today and finally found a Flingsmash, was labeled $25 but rang up $19.  I know it's not as cheap as has been found but still, $50 just for the WIimote Plus so still a great deal.

Also they had a Vita for $129.

At KMart today and finally found a Flingsmash, was labeled $25 but rang up $19. I know it's not as cheap as has been found but still, $50 just for the WIimote Plus so still a great deal.

Also they had a Vita for $129.
Was with two of my kids and rushing... I assumed it was wifi since it was so cheap but it being 3G certainly makes sense since it wasn't as popular (you can just use it for wifi too though right?). I really don't want a Vita or I'd get it, $130 is a pretty good price for the original screen.

Was with two of my kids and rushing... I assumed it was wifi since it was so cheap but it being 3G certainly makes sense since it wasn't as popular (you can just use it for wifi too though right?). I really don't want a Vita or I'd get it, $130 is a pretty good price for the original screen.
Yeah, its wifi+3g :p

I'm tempted if I find a launch bundle at that price.

bread's done
Back