New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Interesting pickup today... 9.99.

7DEFB786-CEE1-4890-9EED-6E89CD088E95_zpsl0u5pck6.jpg

Pretty awesome day at Kmart... Got that FF Online and then went back later and got Rayman Origina for 4.99 and found a Harvest Moon 3D Tale of Two Cities and a Seasme Street and both were out of system. When I went upfron to check them, the girl rang them up as 1.99 each - 90% off marked price... Epic.

Pretty awesome day at Kmart... Got that FF Online and then went back later and got Rayman Origina for 4.99 and found a Harvest Moon 3D Tale of Two Cities and a Seasme Street and both were out of system. When I went upfron to check them, the girl rang them up as 1.99 each - 90% off marked price... Epic.
Which system for Rayman Origins?

Nice pick up on the FFXI package, never knew the 360 compilation was worth that much (haven't played FFXI in about 6 years).

Last edited by a moderator:
When I heard they were closing 100 stores, I thought for sure my local KMart was going to be on the list. I stopped there today to use some points that were expiring and there were less than 20 cars in the lot when the Walmart down the road has 3 times that many cars in the lot at 2 am. Besides hardly any customers it seemed like everything I picked up and was going to buy was expired or going to be expiring soon. A 12 pack of soda that expired in July 2013, gum by the register that expired in June 2013, some Pop Tarts that expired last month and a different 12 pack of soda that expires in a few days. I ended up buying some batteries that surprisingly have an expiration date of 2016.
Looks like that Kmart could be fined out of business if there was a surprise inspection. Food/drinks a few days away from expiring at the Kmart I work at gets sold for 90% off. Another good way to get some non game deals.

Forgot to mention that Skyward Sword rings up at $40. Not great, but it seems to be OOS in many places. I got it for $31.47 at a closing store. It's beyond me why they don't box everything up and ship it to another store.

Interesting pickup today... 9.99.
That Amano artwork... so pretty. ^_^

*checks Amazon*

Wow, didn't know that collection was so pricey. I'll keep an eye out, my K-Mart is stuffed with Xbox 360 games.

The local store isn't closing, it just looks like it is.  The game section is so barren that I don't see anything that could be a potential deal down the road.  There were still some stuff from last markdown like Killzone 3, Madden 12 that is probably already out of the system.  I did notice a dozen copies of Blades of Time showed up from out of nowhere stickered $15, so at least they're getting something in.

Well every single clearance game at my local store was back up to full price tonight.  Very upsetting.

At least the clearance toys were an additional 75% off so I got another six toys for my kid for $12.  Hopefully they'll do a return rebuy on the MegaBlocks WoW set I bought last week for only 50% off.

I went to a Kmart on the other, other side of town tonight. It was surprisingly not a train wreck at all. Everything was priced what it scanned (the whole 4 games that didn't have that slap on sticker on it) and there were actual customers in it buying stuff. Like Real Human Beings.

Shocking.  I think that is part of the fun going to Kmart on a clearance hunt for me, you never know what the hell is going to happen.

Here's my haul from yesterday:

All for the 360:

Dynasty Warriors 7 $4.97

The Worlds $5.00

The Worlds II $5.00

Top Spin 4 $4.99

For the PSP:

Killzone Liberation $4.97

Loco Roco $4.97

Patapon $4.97

Patapon 3 $4.97

Was excited to find Hot Shots Golf World Invitational at my Kmart tonight...until it scanned at $19.99.  Was the $5 price clearance or a sale (that has since ended)?

I found 2 copies of Harvest Moon TOTT today, scanned them and came up "check shelf for price"

Played it dumb and walked up to pay, lady said they came up 19.99 to which I replied "BOOOOOOO" and left.

This Kmart also had 2 PS4 consoles. Was very tempted, but then realized there is not a single game I would want to buy for it

Was excited to find Hot Shots Golf World Invitational at my Kmart tonight...until it scanned at $19.99. Was the $5 price clearance or a sale (that has since ended)?
It was clearance but all the clearance stuff as of yesterday went back up to pre-clearance prices.

Thanks. Weird that they would un-clearance things...

Its not weird at all. Its always been the norm for Sears/Kmart clearance. It always reaches a point where it cycles back to normal retail price or drops out of the system and is relabeled as a value game for $19.99.

I managed to pick up Golden Sun Dark Dawn for the Nintendo DS for $5 on Friday. They had some re-packaged as value $19.99 games, but a couple of them weren't, thankfully. *adds game to backlog that is suddenly forming due to joining this site...*

A whole lot more drops happened mostly "check shelf label" that some Kmarts will sell 90% of last regular price.

PS3

Witcher 2 $2.99

Call of Juarez: The Cartel $2.99

Tomb Raider Trilogy $3.99

Resistance 3 Doomsday Edition $14.99

Skylanders Starter Pack, the first game $5.99 Not 100% sure on the price, should be around that.

A whole lot more drops happened mostly "check shelf label" that some Kmarts will sell 90% of last regular price.

PS3

Witcher 2 $2.99

Call of Juarez: The Cartel $2.99

Tomb Raider Trilogy $3.99

Resistance 3 Doomsday Edition $14.99

Skylanders Starter Pack, the first game $5.99 Not 100% sure on the price, should be around that.
That's what they sold them to you for? Assuming you meant PC on Witcher 2? If the store near me still had them I would be in for TR Trilogy at that price for sure.

Skylanders was still in the system at my local store and scanned for $29.97. If that is the last drop before going out the system, it's surprising it didn't go any lower.

Thanks a ton, cleared out a bunch of stuff at my local store. Feel bad going hoarder style but I know there's another guy who will come through and clear it out if I didn't.

Ended up with:

3x Skylanders Starter Kit @ $7.50 each

3x That 3DS case that's worth a bunch at Amazon @ $1.49 each

3x Tomb Raider Trilogy @ $3.99 each

Tangled for DS @ $1.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a ton, cleared out a bunch of stuff at my local store. Feel bad going hoarder style but I know there's another guy who will come through and clear it out if I didn't.

Ended up with:

Tangled for 3DS @ $1.99
Can I buy a Tomb Raider Trilougy off you if its for Xbox? :)

I really don't know where to post this, and it's extremely YMMV but when I went to Walmart today there was a huge clearance bin of $5-40 games and guess what I found. .hack part 3 Outbreak for $15!!! They had a ton of PS2/Xbox/Gamecube games and I asked one of the gamer clerks what was going on and they said it was a bunch of stock in the warehouse that they were getting rid of. There just happened to be that one gem in there!!!! I didn't bother looking through the whole bin as I was shittin myself from .hack. Very YMMV since I doubt most Walmarts still have those old games.

Ended up with:

Tangled for DS @ $1.99
Which 3ds case is that?

I really don't know where to post this, and it's extremely YMMV but when I went to Walmart today there was a huge clearance bin of $5-40 games and guess what I found. .hack part 3 Outbreak for $15!!! They had a ton of PS2/Xbox/Gamecube games and I asked one of the gamer clerks what was going on and they said it was a bunch of stock in the warehouse that they were getting rid of. There just happened to be that one gem in there!!!! I didn't bother looking through the whole bin as I was shittin myself from .hack. Very YMMV since I doubt most Walmarts still have those old games.
I saw 2 copy's at my walmart a couple of weeks ago. They were sticker priced at $49.99. I knew that couldn't be right so I checked it at a price scanner and it came up as "baseball all stars $4.50". Went to check out and it wouldn't ring up. Cashier said it was out of the system. Went to talk to a manager about it and told them about it being $4.50 at the price checker. He said the best he could do was $19.99. Ask him since it was out of the system if that means pennied out and offered $4.99. Wouldn't do it, so I said no thanks and left them. $19.99 isn't a bad price but I was really trying to get it for the baseball all stars price.

I saw 2 copy's at my walmart a couple of weeks ago. They were sticker priced at $49.99. I knew that couldn't be right so I checked it at a price scanner and it came up as "baseball all stars $4.50". Went to check out and it wouldn't ring up. Cashier said it was out of the system. Went to talk to a manager about it and told them about it being $4.50 at the price checker. He said the best he could do was $19.99. Ask him since it was out of the system if that means pennied out and offered $4.99. Wouldn't do it, so I said no thanks and left them. $19.99 isn't a bad price but I was really trying to get it for the baseball all stars price.
You really should have cut your losses and gotten them anyway. :wall:

Very very lucky man.

You really should have cut your losses and gotten them anyway. :wall:
I was just going to use it for trade bate anyway. My local retro shop would have only gave me around $20 in store credit. I looked on price charting and it was valued at around $40 new. One was great looking, the other ones plastic was ripped and hanging half off. Probably should have grab'd them though.

bread's done
Back