New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Ayy I had a good run at the kmart 2 miles away from me. I was pretty surprised at all of the deals to be found. I will definitely go back once my funds have transferred tomorrow to pick some more stuff up and I will have to hit up the other Kmarts a bit further from me now.

Picked up

:ps3:

x2 Skylanders Spyro Starter Packs $5.99

Dead Rising 2 Zombrex Edition $4.99

:ds:

Super Mario 64 DS $2.99  :hot:

Action Replay (been wanting one really cheap since I lost mine forever ago) $1.99

:3ds:

Skylanders Spyro Starter Pack $5.99

:wiiu:

Charging Cradle/Gamepad Stand $2.47

It was great since I only had the Zombrex and Wii U Charging pack in my hands and was about to go up to the counter when a lady with a cart full of stuff came by and said hey here's more! And then the PS3 Skylanders were all found behind the glass case, gonna pick the last one up tomorrow if it's still there. Kmart FTW

All come up as "Check Shelf Label" YMMV on what price or if you will be able to buy them.

DS

Dragon Quest VI

Super Mario 64

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Easy Piano

Disney Tangled

Wii

Sing 4 The Hits with mic

Rayman Origins

Just Dance Kinds 2

The Price is Right Decades

Rock Band 3

Jeopardy

ICarly Join the Click

Michael Jackson: The Experience

Birthday Party Bash

Ringling Brothers Circus

Skylander Starter Pack

Two Worlds 2

Medal of Honor LE

Rock Band: Green Day

Call of Duty: War Collection

Red Faction: Armageddon

Castlevania: Lord of Shadow CE

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood CE

Call of Juarez: The Cartel

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II CE

Top Spin 4

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon

Michael Phelps: Push the Limit

Udraw Pictionary Ultimate Edition

Family Feud

Udraw Tablet Studio Instant Artist

PS2

Guitar Hero 5

Band Hero

Guitar Hero: Van Halen

PS3

Skylander Starter Pack

Call of Juarez: The Cartel

Resistance 3: Doomsday Edition

Medal of Honor LE

Start the Party

Driver San Francisco

Michael Jackson: The Experience

Tomb Raider Trilogy

Udraw Pictionary: Ultimate Edition

Udraw Tablet Studio Instant Artist

PC

World of Warcraft Battlechest
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Witcher 2

Couple questions.
Is the wii u charging pack worth the 3 bucks? Just got a basic model and don't really see what the point is.
2nd. Saw Spider Man shattered dimensions and child of eden. Both scanned as being pennied out. Was curious how I go about getting them at the low price

Dang, that's a nice looking case. I've been looking for a good case since I bought the Zelda 3DS XL. Might try to find it at my local Kmart. How big is it?
It's probably about 7-8" square and 3-4" deep. It's clearly meant for travelling and the material is fairly heavy, had lots of room for accessories and in the back there's a pocket with little slots for a couple dozen games.

Ayy I had a good run at the kmart 2 miles away from me. I was pretty surprised at all of the deals to be found. I will definitely go back once my funds have transferred tomorrow to pick some more stuff up and I will have to hit up the other Kmarts a bit further from me now.
Nice find on the Zombrex. I wish I could remember if the store near me had Super Mario 64 or not.

Couple questions.
Is the wii u charging pack worth the 3 bucks? Just got a basic model and don't really see what the point is.
The charging cradle set? One's just a stand for it, the other you can plug the gamepad charger into and it charges it while it sits in it.

Just found Super Mario 64 and got denied. Manager said the 90% thing changed on December 1st

Those star wars game + card things are oos too

Last edited by a moderator:
I also remember seeing Medal of Honor LE for $1.99. Also, I'm sorta pissed because Golden Sun is also $1.99 and I picked that up for $5 a month ago at the same store lol. I also saw a Pokepark 2 for $40 but I wonder if it'll ring up as $40 or maybe be a check self label game since it was in the clearance section.

Found one of those 3ds cases. Wouldn't ring up. Talked to the manager and she said it was $24.99. Struck out again which suprised me since I usually find stuff that is posted in this thread. I guess it really is YMMV.

Found 3 Skylanders PS3 - thanks for posting that one.

Is any one still looking for that set? I wouldn't mind trading one, or even just selling at a lower price. Giving back to CAG cuz it gave so much to me.

Found one of those 3ds cases. Wouldn't ring up. Talked to the manager and she said it was $24.99. Struck out again which suprised me since I usually find stuff that is posted in this thread. I guess it really is YMMV.
lol, nothing like a $10 markup over msrp

I really don't know where to post this, and it's extremely YMMV but when I went to Walmart today there was a huge clearance bin of $5-40 games and guess what I found. .hack part 3 Outbreak for $15!!! They had a ton of PS2/Xbox/Gamecube games and I asked one of the gamer clerks what was going on and they said it was a bunch of stock in the warehouse that they were getting rid of. There just happened to be that one gem in there!!!! I didn't bother looking through the whole bin as I was shittin myself from .hack. Very YMMV since I doubt most Walmarts still have those old games.
The local Walmart had R-Type Final for $15. They even had a few PS1 titles on the pegs. All old titles are all mixed.... PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, 360, Wii, Gamecube...... on one end cap on peg hooks. Virtually impossible to look through them without having a majority fall off onto the floor.

The local Walmart had R-Type Final for $15. They even had a few PS1 titles on the pegs. All old titles are all mixed.... PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, 360, Wii, Gamecube...... on one end cap on peg hooks. Virtually impossible to look through them without having a majority fall off onto the floor.
I found NFL 2k2 for Xbox a while back marked as $10. Rang up that way too. I talked the manager into selling it to me for $2.

The ones I bought all had their original tag on them and it was $25 which is probably why they went there.
Did they ring up for you or was it a legendary "pennied out" deal that I've read about here on CAG? I was thinking my local kmart might just be slow about the clearance price adjusting. I've always found items for the prices posted here( spirit tracks, other m, epic yarn, uprising, ps2 memory cards, etc. etc.) so I'll check again in a day or two.

Did they ring up for you or was it a legendary "pennied out" deal that I've read about here on CAG? I was thinking my local kmart might just be slow about the clearance price adjusting. I've always found items for the prices posted here( spirit tracks, other m, epic yarn, uprising, ps2 memory cards, etc. etc.) so I'll check again in a day or two.
It's out of the system so they sold them to me for 90% off, which should have been $2.50 each but the girl must have missed the original tags and only seen the $14.99 clearance tag and took it off that price.

It's out of the system so they sold them to me for 90% off, which should have been $2.50 each but the girl must have missed the original tags and only seen the $14.99 clearance tag and took it off that price.
Oh ok, I can never get anyone to do this. The cashiers always get confused and call the manager.

Got the Super Mario 64 for 3$ and Harvest Moon for 2$. They also had the DS cases on clearance.
Dang, I went a few days ago and found multiple copies of harvest moon 3D. Went to check the price and it rang up as 'Check shelf'. Went and ask the cashier and it was $14.99

Oh ok, I can never get anyone to do this. The cashiers always get confused and call the manager.
First time they had ever been willing to do it for me. The employees had no idea what it even meant when they scanned it but asked the manager and she told them to do it.

Yo Eld, did you find the black 3DS cases at your Kmart? I just realized that I had found none of the black ones, but I saw pink, blue, and hello kitty versions of the Elite Transporter case at mine. I wonder if they'll accept different colors lol. Still have the trade in for $27 locked in, seems to have gone down though. I will try to hit 2 more Kmarts and 2 more Sears tomorrow.

Yo Eld, did you find the black 3DS cases at your Kmart? I just realized that I had found none of the black ones, but I saw pink, blue, and hello kitty versions of the Elite Transporter case at mine. I wonder if they'll accept different colors lol. Still have the trade in for $27 locked in, seems to have gone down though. I will try to hit 2 more Kmarts and 2 more Sears tomorrow.
Yeah, got it at Kmart. Type the UPC on the tag into Amazon's search and see what comes up. If it doesn't match I wouldn't count on it. I really want to see what this Hello Kitty version looks like.

Yeah, got it at Kmart. Type the UPC on the tag into Amazon's search and see what comes up. If it doesn't match I wouldn't count on it. I really want to see what this Hello Kitty version looks like.
Hmm aight I'll try that. I'll take a picture of the Hello Kitty if I see it.

Also, to anyone who picked up the PS3 Skylanders sets, are you trading them into Amazon? They currently have a TIV for $20.25 Good which I'm sure I'll get if I keep it sealed and everything. And I know this should be in the Amazon thread but if I submit 2 trade ins can I put them in the same box? I feel like getting a box to ship these in will be a bitch.

Hmm aight I'll try that. I'll take a picture of the Hello Kitty if I see it.

Also, to anyone who picked up the PS3 Skylanders sets, are you trading them into Amazon? They currently have a TIV for $20.25 Good which I'm sure I'll get if I keep it sealed and everything. And I know this should be in the Amazon thread but if I submit 2 trade ins can I put them in the same box? I feel like getting a box to ship these in will be a bitch.
If you submit them together as one trade-in of multiple items then it's no issue putting them in one box. If you submit them separately and put them in the same box they'll probably be accepted fine (as long as you include both trade slips) but then you have no tracking or verification that you ever sent it.

If you submit them together as one trade-in of multiple items then it's no issue putting them in one box. If you submit them separately and put them in the same box they'll probably be accepted fine (as long as you include both trade slips) but then you have no tracking or verification that you ever sent it.
Thanks brah

Can't believe how many stores have never seen the Check Shelf label before. Had a store tell me it meant the game hadn't been released yet.

1. Go to housewares

2. Grab medium/large tub

3. Dump peg-hooked chaos into tub

4. Sort through it like every other trough of DVDs & games throughout every Wal-mart ever.

5. Find what you want and walk away.

Found 4 of the 3DS cases today and rang up at $5. I got 2 locked in for $27.50. I got one more Kmart to check for more cases. Too bad I couldn't find Pilot Wings 3ds.

Tomb Raider :ps3: - 3.99

Call of Juarez :360: - 2.99

Call of Juarez :ps3: - 2.99

PS3 New Owner's Kit (controller, usb, HDMI) - 6.99!!!! (Was 69.99, 90% off due to out of system)

Also, I didn't check them (my bad), but when I went back today, the PS3 Wireless Headset that had been sitting beside the controllers was gone - which probably means it went out the door for 9.99. Sad Panda - I should've checked it, but I was trying to get to work.

Dammit went to all the Sears/Kmarts around me and I couldn't find any of those 3DS cases. And apparently the ones I saw that were different colors are for normal DS. And the hello kitty one I mentioned was actually a different kind of case. I did pick up the last Spyro Pack for the PS3. One to keep, 2 to trade in to Amazon.

Just wondering, is the stuff that you guys are finding stickered at those the prices you're getting them at? Or are they just ringing up as that? My store has 90% off stickers on the clearance items.

Just got back from 2nd Kmart. They didn't have anymore 3DS cases but I found a Pilotwings Resort for $5 and left 1. I saw 2 Tomb Raider trilogy's and Hot Shots Golf but left them since I already had them.

Pilotwings was the first clearance item I saw marked correctly.

Dammit went to all the Sears/Kmarts around me and I couldn't find any of those 3DS cases. And apparently the ones I saw that were different colors are for normal DS. And the hello kitty one I mentioned was actually a different kind of case. I did pick up the last Spyro Pack for the PS3. One to keep, 2 to trade in to Amazon.

Just wondering, is the stuff that you guys are finding stickered at those the prices you're getting them at? Or are they just ringing up as that? My store has 90% off stickers on the clearance items.
They were not marked yet in my store. I work there so I have the advantage of having the price gun and Electronic keys. I find something I like I don't put the clearance tag on it to make sure no one knows and I buy it at the end of my shift :D

What's this Spyro pack?
61362l4jk7L._SX385_.jpg

Despite my feelings on shitty ass Kmart, I made out pretty good. So, thank you guys for sharing. Traded in 4 cases to AMZ along with a Spyro kit. I'm going to keep one of the Spyros...at least to try and then I may trade in as well. Also got MGS HD Collection for $2.

Lawwwd have mercy at the trade in value on these cases, though.
EZ1Homc.png

And it was actually lower yesterday! It is a nice case, I suppose. Still...$28?! I don't ever (ever) flip shit but this was just too good to resist. They're also running a special for PSN credit if you trade in $20 worth of video game related items LOL.

And thats how you lose your job folks
Why is that? Not any rule I am aware of. My Kmart still has most of the games I bought still in stock and they are marked correctly at the clearance price. Its not like I am hiding them, I just leave them exactly where I find them in the locked case. I dont see any harm in it, its the only way I can afford to play games working there.

Why is that? Not any rule I am aware of. My Kmart still has most of the games I bought still in stock and they are marked correctly at the clearance price. Its not like I am hiding them, I just leave them exactly where I find them in the locked case. I dont see any harm in it, its the only way I can afford to play games working there.
LOL. Come on, man. You can just as easily do your job properly and buy what you want after your shift is over. It's like a chef deliberately sneezing on food so he can have some.

LOL at you guys busting this kids chops for not stickering shit. If it was your store, you'd have just as much chance of getting it as him, since you'd know what you're looking for. Otherwise, I'm not going to begrudge him for leaving shit in the glass case. He works at fucking K-Mart. He deserves getting some cheap games. Everybody here has become so (falsely) righteous. Get over yourselves.

LOL at you guys busting this kids chops for not stickering shit. If it was your store, you'd have just as much chance of getting it as him, since you'd know what you're looking for. Otherwise, I'm not going to begrudge him for leaving shit in the glass case. He works at fucking K-Mart. He deserves getting some cheap games. Everybody here has become so (falsely) righteous. Get over yourselves.

LOL. Come on, man. You can just as easily do your job properly and buy what you want after your shift is over. It's like a chef deliberately sneezing on food so he can have some.

haha that actually my favorite kind of kmart employee so ease up on him some cause It easier to get stuff when it priced wrong or not at all cause when the stuff stickered right and organized it disappear quickly to all the grandmas and soccer moms casually walking by noticing a big giant clearance tag or sticker oh look my son or grandson will like this and it only $3 I aint sure if he will like it but at that price I will get it anyway and 5 minutes later the gamer who eagerly been stalking the game the past few months stalking the game like a hyena as if the game was it prey strolls over to the game case to finally get that game he been watching shrink in price all this time only to realize it just a area of glass space now with no game dropping to the ground with his hands in the air yelling You Maniacs! You took it! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell you lousy moms

Having integrity = self righteous? K. I didn't say it was wrong to set things aside, but to purposely not label something with the correct price? Yeah, that's dumb.

Its not even my job to mark the games correctly. When I am in Electronics I am only covering someones break. When in between customers I like to check out the prices of games instead of just standing there doing nothing.

Having integrity = self righteous? K. I didn't say it was wrong to set things aside, but to purposely not label something with the correct price? Yeah, that's dumb.
LOLWUT?!? You talk 2 F'ING POSTS ABOVE about buying stuff to flip... and you're active in gamesharing, which is an OBVIOUS circumvention of Sony's intended purchase policies... and you're gonna lecture someone about integrity? Yes - that's self righteousness.

Anyone on this site needs not to lecture anyone about integrity. If it weren't for glitches, misprices and unintended trade ins, we wouldn't have a site to visit.

LOLWUT?!? You talk 2 F'ING POSTS ABOVE about buying stuff to flip... and you're active in gamesharing, which is an OBVIOUS circumvention of Sony's intended purchase policies... and you're gonna lecture someone about integrity? Yes - that's self righteousness.

Anyone on this site needs not to lecture anyone about integrity. If it weren't for glitches, misprices and unintended trade ins, we wouldn't have a site to visit.
Ahh, so now we're resorting to ad hominem attacks instead of dealing with the facts at hand? Grow up. Top it off with the fact that you're wrong, lol. How is my legitimately purchasing some dusty ass cases in the bottom of a bin the same as his refusal to properly label store items? It's no wonder people can never find anything in that godforsaken store. And since when is gamesharing "a circumvention of Sony's intended" policies? LOL. And how would you even know how active I am in that thread? Curious to know.

No one attacked him, but I don't think that sort of behavior should be encouraged. Being "cheap" shouldn't come at the expense of someone else getting in on the deal. This community isn't built on selfishness. Just my opinion, though. You're entitled to yours.

. And since when is gamesharing "a circumvention of Sony's intended" policies? LOL. And how would you even know how active I am in that thread? Curious to know.
Looked at your activity. Duh. You ever hear the saying "Integrity is what you do when no one is looking"? You can't absolve yourself of doing thats that seem unfair to others when you do them yourself. "Well, as long as no one is looking anywhere else, I can talk about the shameful things that they're doing."... It doesn't work that way.

Oh - and do you REALLY think that Sony means for 5 people to share a game from each purchase? Come the hell on. If they did, then they would just give you five licenses when you buy the game.

bread's done
Back