New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='new1']When I picked up the ps3 version of vanquish it was 11.22. Marked at 13.49 however the 360 version is cheaper... Anyone know how much infamous really is? It's marked at 14.99[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the info. I'll wait on Vanquish, unless it's $5 or less I don't need it. My backlog is too large.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Just got back from Kmart and grabbed Yakuza 4 for $11.22 - nice deal.

They had tons of $15 and $20 games, plus the 25% off. If there's another drop... :drool:[/QUOTE]

What made ya wait? Yakuza 4 has been $10 or less since last year.

[quote name='Romeo']What made ya wait? Yakuza 4 has been $10 or less since last year.[/QUOTE]

You're right, I remember that. I guess because I heard there's an HD collection of the first two games coming out I decided to grab it this time. Plus I'm not sure my store even had it in stock before; this time they had a huge overflowing clearance bin that came out of who-knows-where.

[quote name='SaraAB']Prices are back up on move accessories at Gamestop.. no more 9.99 eyetoy.[/QUOTE]
:cry:That sucks. I didn't manage to get out yesterday to grab a couple. Oh well. There's always Kmart. Even though that'll be actual CASH.:bomb:

passed the Moorestown, NJ Kmart today and figured I'd take a look around...

X-men Origins Wolverine $3.75

Today Was A Good Day...cue Ice Cube

Went to a Super K-Mart in Tampa
Found Rock Band 3 Keyboard Stand for 2.99
they were in a clearance rack by the front of the store no where near the video game section.

I went to my local Kmart in Lafayette, IN specifically looking for a clearanced out chatpad for my soon to be PS3. No luck finding the chatpad, but I did find a few other things I had on my list.

They had the official Sony bluetooth headset (the latest version) on clearance for only $20. I picked up the last two they had, one for me and the other for my sister.

I'd also been on the hunt for PS3 exclusive titles, and had been wanting the Yakuza games. Found Yakuza 3 and 4 in the game bin for $14.99 a piece.

photo.jpg

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']When does the 25% off expire? I thought it ended last Sunday.[/QUOTE]
I thought it ended last Saturday as well just like every other sale usually does. But maybe some stores are still doing it to eliminate the remaining clearance stock. Of course, what they could do is go back to the old clearance schedule doing regular drops across the whole chain and go to 90% off for stuff and that'd clear stuff out really quickly(cuz I'd be grabbing up shit like a mofo again).

I don't shop at K-Mart very often. However, I went there to pick up some pine bark fines. The store had a lot of old CEs and stacks of games. Are the clearance prices tagged or are they automatically updated in the pos system? The reason I ask is because no one was in the gaming department to help. Also, most of the older games were tagged 59.99.

That depends. The updates used to require employees to manually do them, if I remember correctly.

But as long as they've done them you could just ask for price checks on stuff mentioned in this thread(Singularity, etc) and they should ring up the right prices.

Either that or just go to Half.com, get the UPC barcode numbers for the games you wanna check and print up a UPC scan sheet to use at the barcode scanners.

Here's where to enter the UPC's and get one that should work at the scanners:

http://www.upcdatabase.com/itemform.asp

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That depends. The updates used to require employees to manually do them, if I remember correctly.

But as long as they've done them you could just ask for price checks on stuff mentioned in this thread(Singularity, etc) and they should ring up the right prices.

Either that or just go to Half.com, get the UPC barcode numbers for the games you wanna check and print up a UPC scan sheet to use at the barcode scanners.

Here's where to enter the UPC's and get one that should work at the scanners:

http://www.upcdatabase.com/itemform.asp[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

I did not believe the games I saw were really 59.99. I'll try and run back in there tonight. I hope this Kmart has barcode scanners. lol It is really old.

A few of the ones in my area look like they haven't been updated since the 70's or 80's, so trust me I know the feeling.;) But that's usually when you find a gold mine of a store, when everything is old, outdated and none of the price tags are clearly marked.:D

They have a GTA IV CE :) I saw 1 there like 2 years ago. I asked how much it was and the guy said the price marked. I didn't see it the next time I was in. There one sat today though.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Damn. That's a four year old CE. Hopefully it's not ringing up at the original price of $99.99 though.[/QUOTE]

I never found out the price. The box was empty save for the duffel bag. LOL Donkey Konga w/ bongos was $49.99. Bayonetta $29.99. I gave up after that. There were 3 AC:B CEs , a couple of Epic Mickey CEs, a lot of the UFC 2010 w/ shirt, ect. I found a scanner. I'll print out some bar codes and check the prices myself tomorrow. The lady helping was not very helpful. I'd rather just scan to check the price myself.

I also prefer to check prices myself with printed upcs. I hate asking for price checks since around half the time they don't want to be bothered and sometimes refuse or they will tell me it's whatever the sticker says.

[quote name='kerouac kid']I never found out the price. The box was empty save for the duffel bag. LOL Donkey Konga w/ bongos was $49.99. Bayonetta $29.99. I gave up after that. There were 3 AC:B CEs , a couple of Epic Mickey CEs, a lot of the UFC 2010 w/ shirt, ect. I found a scanner. I'll print out some bar codes and check the prices myself tomorrow. The lady helping was not very helpful. I'd rather just scan to check the price myself.[/QUOTE]
:lol: So then someone took everything but the bag from the GTA IV CE? That's nuts, but it goes to show how little many retail employees check products when they're returned. But for the record, the bag was the worst part of the CE besides the lil crappy 'artbook' that was more like a lil pamphlet.

But Donkey Konga(if you mean the Gamecube version) has been out of the system for YEARS now. It was $5 when many CAG's were grabbing them in 2005 or 2006 or so I think.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: So then someone took everything but the bag from the GTA IV CE? That's nuts, but it goes to show how little many retail employees check products when they're returned. But for the record, the bag was the worst part of the CE besides the lil crappy 'artbook' that was more like a lil pamphlet.

But Donkey Konga(if you mean the Gamecube version) has been out of the system for YEARS now. It was $5 when many CAG's were grabbing them in 2005 or 2006 or so I think.[/QUOTE]

LOL. The lady scanned it. $49.99. GC version w/ the bongos.

Interesting. They must've found it in the back room and put it back in the system then. It kinda makes you wonder what else is hiding back there. I know about 2-3 years ago when the one other CAG visited my area we hit up 2-3 of the Kmarts here and at my closest one they brought out a big cart loaded up with Xbox and PS2 games that weren't even in the system.

[quote name='MoltenMan']I went to my local Kmart in Lafayette, IN specifically looking for a clearanced out chatpad for my soon to be PS3. No luck finding the chatpad, but I did find a few other things I had on my list.

They had the official Sony bluetooth headset (the latest version) on clearance for only $20. I picked up the last two they had, one for me and the other for my sister.

I'd also been on the hunt for PS3 exclusive titles, and had been wanting the Yakuza games. Found Yakuza 3 and 4 in the game bin for $14.99 a piece. [/QUOTE]

Went to my K-Mart and pretty much grabbed anything I was somewhat interested in that had a yellow sticker to the scanner machine and the only good deal I found was Yakuza 4 for $11.23. Which is cool because my girlfriend just started playing the very first Yakuza game and is enjoying it and wants to play the whole series.

They had some of the games a lot of people here listed but they were not nearly as cheap. :(

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Interesting. They must've found it in the back room and put it back in the system then. It kinda makes you wonder what else is hiding back there. I know about 2-3 years ago when the one other CAG visited my area we hit up 2-3 of the Kmarts here and at my closest one they brought out a big cart loaded up with Xbox and PS2 games that weren't even in the system.[/QUOTE]

The back room will be dependent on the store, and all of the stuff will probably be out of the system so its a fat chance if you could get them to sell it to you. A lot of stores have also sent inventory to the closing stores, so at this point with a lot of stores that have closed in the past I am going to assume there isn't too much left as the back room's were totally cleaned out and sent to the closing stores.. If you have a closing store near you, you should definitely go though. You could probably root around back there even as a non employee or if you had a friend that was an employee you could send them back there and ask them to look around for you but that would be pretty pointless since even if you found the goldmine it would be very difficult to get them to sell it to you.

Also this is completely off topic but while we are on the subject of back rooms if you live in an area where there is an arcade and it has quite a few games, especially older ones and you are interested in that it would be well worth your time to try and get into the back room somehow just to see it.. as someone who has seen the back room of a certain very large arcade its well worth the time to make friends with an employee and get back there! There was stuff back there that I couldn't even have ever imagined there would be....

For some reason if you are desperate to see the back room of a Kmart I would use the same procedure, make friends with an employee and have them take pictures or something, they probably won't be able to take you back there since I assume there are cameras everywhere and they would get fired in that case but you might be able to fudge it a little somehow.

I worked at a Kmart when I was in college a few years back. Alot of the clearanced items will go to a penny, at which point the employee is supposed to pull them, and send them back to the manufacturer. But, with these stores being extremely shorthanded, especially around peak times, (back-to-school season and any time between Thanksgiving and Christmas), it is easy for these items to be overlooked. Now, you're not going to get the item for a penny, as the employees will never mark it a penny. If they scan it, and it rings up a penny, they're supposed to tell you they can't sell it to you. But, depending on the store manager, you can sometimes haggle with him/her for a price in between the last markdown and that penny. The manager would rather make a sale than sending it back. As long as the agreed upon price is more than the credit they'll get for the item, they'll usually sell it to you. I've gotten games in the past for like $4 using this method. Just a helpful hint for my fellow CAGs.

[quote name='Legotaku']I stopped by my local kmart (sacramento area) after work and picked up the Limited Edition Star Wars Xbox for $300. I've been checking for weeks because this Kmart is notorious for having great clearance deals that are usually unmarked. This one was marked surprisingly! I nearly fainted.[/QUOTE]

I also found the Star Wars bundle for $300. Decent price even if you aren't interested in Kinect.

[quote name='preston181']I worked at a Kmart when I was in college a few years back. Alot of the clearanced items will go to a penny, at which point the employee is supposed to pull them, and send them back to the manufacturer. But, with these stores being extremely shorthanded, especially around peak times, (back-to-school season and any time between Thanksgiving and Christmas), it is easy for these items to be overlooked. Now, you're not going to get the item for a penny, as the employees will never mark it a penny. If they scan it, and it rings up a penny, they're supposed to tell you they can't sell it to you. But, depending on the store manager, you can sometimes haggle with him/her for a price in between the last markdown and that penny. The manager would rather make a sale than sending it back. As long as the agreed upon price is more than the credit they'll get for the item, they'll usually sell it to you. I've gotten games in the past for like $4 using this method. Just a helpful hint for my fellow CAGs.[/QUOTE]

Don't some states have a law where if an item rings up a lower price than the tag in the register they have to sell it to you? I am not sure if there is an exception for penny items but this could potentially work in your favor. Though its been a very long time since I have seen a penny item at Kmart, Sears or any other store... I think the items just go OOS now after their last clearance price.

[quote name='SaraAB']Don't some states have a law where if an item rings up a lower price than the tag in the register they have to sell it to you? I am not sure if there is an exception for penny items but this could potentially work in your favor. Though its been a very long time since I have seen a penny item at Kmart, Sears or any other store... I think the items just go OOS now after their last clearance price.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the item has to be tagged at that price for the law to apply. Also the penny price won't actually show on the register, at least not on the part the customer can see. The store price scanners for the customer won't show the penny either, it'll come back "invalid UPC". The penny shows up on the employee side of the register or on their RMU hand scanners.

At my closest Kmart the :ps3:PS Eye dropped to $8, the remaining game/controller bundles for PS3(God Of War Origins, Resistance 1&2 bundle and Uncharted dual pack bundle) all dropped to $45 and the Epic Mickey paintbrush nunchucks dropped to $4 this month. No chatpads in sight so I couldn't check those and only one of the PS Eye cameras(which I bought).

[quote name='preston181']What were those Star Wars bundles retailing for? $400?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they're still ringing up at $399.99 at most non-Kmart stores. I managed to grab one for myself today. Perfect timing, as I was able to trade in my old 360 at GameStop during the double trade-in on hardware.

I had two different K-marts check the price for me, and both came up at the register at $300.00. At one, he saw the price sticker on the box stating it was $449.99 and told me it would be $449.99. I politely asked him to scan it, and he said the prices on the boxes were always right. I asked again, and he finally sighed and scanned it for me. When he saw it come up at $300, he nearly fell over.

[quote name='RaysGame']Found this bundle at my local Kmart on Saturday. The other PS3 controller bundles were priced at $45.

image058wm.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:shock::drool::whee:

[quote name='RaysGame']Found this bundle at my local Kmart on Saturday. The other PS3 controller bundles were priced at $45.[/QUOTE]

nice pull! Would of snatched that real quick:applause:

Some great finds, I might go check my Kmart for shits n gigs

I went to KMart today and found three items that rang up for a higher price than others had found including the PS3 chat pad which they had for $20.

Did manage to pick up the Warhawk Bundle with the Blu Tooth Headset for $5 and an Energizer 360 controller charger for $6 so it wasn't a complete waste.

[quote name='RaysGame']Found this bundle at my local Kmart on Saturday. The other PS3 controller bundles were priced at $45.

image058wm.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That red controller is nice! I have a blue one and three black ones. If I find another one cheap, I might snag it. ;)

My Kmart had the God of War, Uncharted, and Killzone dualshock bundles for $45. Really wish I would of found those for $24 like above, because I would of grabbed all 3 lol.

Also had the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE for I want to say $59.99, may have been $49.99 though.

I'm going to Las Vegas in a couple days for a couple weeks though, so I plan on checking out a Kmart out there too.

I tried to go back to Kmart yesterday and today. I printed bar codes and I wanted to scan them to check prices. However, Kmart has been closed both days. I thought it probably went out of business, but it has not. It has been closed because the computers are down and the store cannot process transactions. The manager said, "Who knows when we will get them fixed, but we are closed until we do." Craziness!

300 dollar Star Wars console? I've gotta try and find that at my local store.

EDIT: Hmm... I wonder how accurate MyGofer.com is. It's a loooooong drive to the nearest store. Are they like Bestbuy.com where they won't show instore pickup being available for stores that have 1-2 units?

[quote name='kerouac kid']I tried to go back to Kmart yesterday and today. I printed bar codes and I wanted to scan them to check prices. However, Kmart has been closed both days. I thought it probably went out of business, but it has not. It has been closed because the computers are down and the store cannot process transactions. The manager said, "Who knows when we will get them fixed, but we are closed until we do." Craziness![/QUOTE]

This is really crazy, but it sounds like something Kmart would do. This is Kmart, a company that is barely existing between all the Walmart's and Targets. Maybe Kmart's ancient and terrible computer system is finally failing them. Let us know what happens, as I have never seen a store go down for days like this.

I feel so ashamed. I went to Kmart to get the ps3 chatpad for $10 and I leave with this also
xbox-1.jpg

for $300 I just couldnt leave it there lol.

Saint'sRow911;9827340 said:
My Kmart had the God of War, Uncharted, and Killzone dualshock bundles for $45. Really wish I would of found those for $24 like above, because I would of grabbed all 3 lol.

Also had the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE for I want to say $59.99, may have been $49.99 though.

I'm going to Las Vegas in a couple days for a couple weeks though, so I plan on checking out a Kmart out there too.

Don't bother with the Kmarts at Bonanza/Nellis and Sahara/Pecos, they have nothing worthwhile (Although, last time I checked the Bonanza location still had Red Steel 2 bundles for $12).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']... and the Epic Mickey paintbrush nunchucks dropped to $4 this month. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. My local Kmart has had 3-4 of these for quite some time, so I've been waiting for them to drop in price since no one shops there. I will have to check it out.

[quote name='SaraAB']Let us know what happens, as I have never seen a store go down for days like this.[/QUOTE]
Actually while not their entire system, some people were reporting that the BB trade system kiosks were down for days on end a lil while ago. Not to mention their system is prone to having glitches pop up during some sales(recent B2G1 that became a B2G2, etc).

So both companies need to update their systems badly.

Those of you mentioning printing off the bar codes and scanning them at the store where do I go to find a page of these barcodes? Would appreciate it, thanks.

bread's done
Back