New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

For those that had Yakuza 4 ring up at 11.whatever rather than 3.blahblah , go back and check again if you can. It was 11 on Tuesday and then at the same store today it rang up for the 3+

[quote name='walterdude']I'd say this should be nationwide. I was in Richmond, Lynchburg, Roanoke, Salem, Wytheville VA and Johnson City, TN today. The gow/uncharted bundles all were $22 except in Richmond was $33. All the games mentioned were the same as mentioned above. It's definitely worth to check. Especially if you have $5 off 45 coupons :p. Plus the additional $5 they offer[/QUOTE]

I went to Lynchburg today and scanned a few and can confirm everything pretty much matched up with what's been reported. I only picked up de Blob though for my son as I wasn't really interested in anything else.

On a side note, they had Forza Horizon on the shelf early which I thought was odd.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Clearance is always YMMV but worth taking a peek for if you are near one.[/QUOTE]

BFBHTRSSRT they had them at my k-mart on clearance but are out now :cry:

Not sure in what area you are all getting these prices at, but I'll go check out my local Kmart to see if I can find any of these prices. Southern California area.

[quote name='aldrum']Not sure in what area you are all getting these prices at, but I'll go check out my local Kmart to see if I can find any of these prices. Southern California area.[/QUOTE]

Specific location? Here in Temecula they had the deal but they're out

Went to my Local K-Mart in Southern New Jersey today.

Bought for me
:ps3: $11.24 Assassin's Creed 2 (with red greatest hits sticker, no red case!)
:ps3: 7.47 Vanquish
:ps3: 3.72 PS Move Heroes

Bought for a friend
:ps3: 3.72 Enslaved
:360: 3.72 Dragon Age II

I was hoping to find Demons Forge, Yakuza 4, and GoW collection, but no luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update went to my local Kmart in southern CA. Saw two bins of clearance games that didn't catch my attention except for Valkyria Chronicles 2 for the PSP. Had a clearance tag of 13.XX, ask the guy if he could price check it and he said it was 22.XX.

I did find a copy of Yakuza 4, had clearance tag of 14.XX on it, asked the guy if he could do a price check, and it rang up as $3.72. It was the only one there. They had no controller bundles, no lbp bundle.

I haven't updated in awhile, so here's what I've found over the course of 2 Kmarts in the past month:

:ps3: eye-8
de Blob 2-4.97
Vanquish-9.97
Sonic Unleashed-6
God of War and Uncharted controller bundles-45 (marked and scanned)
LittleBigPlanet with Plush-25 (still have 5 of them here too)
Yakuza 4-20
Move Heroes-4.97
MvC3-9.97
Enslaved-4.97

:psp:
PspGo chat earbud things-4 (great deal, actually works as a headset for phones too!)
2gb pro duo-4
8gb pro duo-30
Michael Jackson The Experience-4.97
3rd Birthday-20
Valkyria Chronicles 2-40

:wii:
Epic Mickey-40 (STILL)
Some cartoony marvel game-9.97

:3ds:
Some centipede game-4.97
Some soccer game-4.97
At least 2 other games-4.97

I plan on going this afternoon since the last time I was there was last week. If I find anything different/cheaper (hoping for DAII) I'll post.

Side note: I feel like a terrible OP being gone for so long.

Oh, I forgot one last thing. I missed out on 2 Pokemon Black DSi bundles at $78 apiece. Still kinda mad my girlfriend talked me outta those. This was about a month ago. They had dropped twice already before hitting that price.

Also, why are people so excited about the LBP bundles? Is it because they want a cute plush? I swear someone said the same plushes were 4.97 at some other major retailer last year or something and there is no possible way there are people left who don't own LBP. Heck, I've already owned 3 copies of the first game alone.

[quote name='Irsaan']Oh, I forgot one last thing. I missed out on 2 Pokemon Black DSi bundles at $78 apiece. Still kinda mad my girlfriend talked me outta those. This was about a month ago. They had dropped twice already before hitting that price.[/QUOTE]

Someone bought the one here RIGHT before the latest drop. Idiot.

Heres what i got today :)

:360: de blob 2 4.97$
:360: kane and lynch 2 4.97$

my kmart had a 70% off clearance sale so all 8 of the lbp bundles were gone when i got there. Oh and if you are interested pure is also 4.97$. They also had a shit load of dragon age 2 for 360 at my kmart for 4.97$ each

[quote name='Irsaan']Oh, I forgot one last thing. I missed out on 2 Pokemon Black DSi bundles at $78 apiece. Still kinda mad my girlfriend talked me outta those. This was about a month ago. They had dropped twice already before hitting that price.

Also, why are people so excited about the LBP bundles? Is it because they want a cute plush? I swear someone said the same plushes were 4.97 at some other major retailer last year or something and there is no possible way there are people left who don't own LBP. Heck, I've already owned 3 copies of the first game alone.[/QUOTE]
I myself had one of the original versions of LBP(with the 'offensive' music in it that they patched out anyway:roll:), a second copy that I bought after trading that one in and I've had the GOTY at least twice that I can remember. Same thing goes for LBP2. I had it at launch via the Special Edition with the bookends and LBP plush and the DLC code for the Muppets costumes(that fuckin' expired about 3-4 months after release or so:bomb:).

Then I traded a buddy of mines nephew a $5 copy of Rage I got from the @Gamer coupons and some other $5-10 game for his Special Edition/GOTY edition copy he got with his PS3 bundle last fall.

As for the plushes, they were $1.29 apiece at Blockbuster when they clearanced out their general merchandise to 90% off in August of 2011. I grabbed somewhere around 30-35 or more of them for laughs. Maybe I'll eventually grab a lil digicam and re-enact the park scene from The Warriors with all of the different LBP plushes I have with the different outfits they have on representing the different gangs.:rofl:

[quote name='Romeo']Did you already clear out Pittston and DC, should I not even waste my time?[/QUOTE]
Pittston had crap left when I was there just last week even before this sale started. As far as I could see there were no controller bundles or even copies of the $5 games everyone else is finding for $3.72 each now.

The only thing they had left was a LBP GOTY/plush bundle sitting in the lower part of the PS3 case.

As for DC, I think lude21 has been working on that one. But both Pittston and DC are out of the PS EYE's and chatpads as of now. I got one of each from the Moosic store and one chatpad from up in DC. Then the rest of them completely disappeared.

About the only thing in DC that I noticed the other day were some 8gb PSP memory cards, which I guess are cheap now according to what some are reporting.

According to lude, someone cleared out all of the PS2 memory cards they had up there(they had around 8-12 when I was there last week).

Have you considered Honesdale by any chance? That one is kind of far out there and I don't think very many people know about the clearance items there.

I'm up in DC right now at Teppanyaki having dinner. Didn't want to waste time at the kmart here if it was cleared out.

I don't want any bundles, just cheap games. Definitely Enslaved, maybe Vanquish and Enslaved.

When covering electronics today at Kmart I found and bought 5 games. 4 of them were marked at $29.99 and 1 for $59.99, I will never understand why Kmart can't price their items right. Somerset NJ Kmart. I am sure there were many more cheap games but I only checked the few I was interested in.

After employee discount.
01463319457 BULLETSTORM $7.47
01463319500 DRAGON AGE 2 $3.72
09315511702 BRINK PS3 $7.47
09315511733 HUNTED DEMON $3.72
66224891027 DUNGEON SIEGE III $3.72

[quote name='Romeo']I'm up in DC right now at Teppanyaki having dinner. Didn't want to waste time at the kmart here if it was cleared out.

I don't want any bundles, just cheap games. Definitely Enslaved, maybe Vanquish and Enslaved.[/QUOTE]
Since it's only right up the hill I'd just say to check really, since I didn't pay attention to what was really left when I was there last week, just that I noticed the chatpads and EYE's were all gone.

Hit a couple more Kmarts today and was quite surprised that I was finally able to find a LBP GOTY DS3 Combo Pack for $7.50...finallly!

Other items I saw:

Epic Mickey Paintbrush Nunchuk priced $12.00, probably less but I didnt scan it

Epic Mickey CE $29.99

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition $37.47
Gears of War 3 Epic Edition $67.74
Gears of War 3 LE $37.74
Resistance/Resistance 2 DS3 Combo Pack $26.00 (thought it would be cheaper)
Sony Wireless Headset Camoflage $15.00

Also picked up 2 more of the 8GB Pro Stick Duo for $5.24 each

EDIT: Also saw Star Wars The Old Republic CE for $29.99

Stopped by my local Kmart in Visalia,CA but the only thing they had was Dragon Age 2...but was just looking for DA1 or Yakuza 4 but they had none. And no Controller bundles at all. Dang :(

[quote name='mer71']I picked of FN Champion, Dead Space 2, Body and Brain and Uncharted/controller bundle.[/QUOTE]

prices please!

Alright, back from shopping, here's what I bought, all prices are BEFORE the 25% off:

3rd Birthday-4.97

Rango-9.97
F3AR-9.97
Dead Space 2 Limited Edition-9.97
Hunted-4.97
Yakuza 4-4.97
DAII-4.97
Mayhem-4.97
Kane&Lynch 2-4.97

I also had them price check:

Valkyria Chronicles 2-29.99

LBP Plush bundle-14.97
Epic Mickey CE-39.99
Infamous 2 HE-59.97

:360:
Halo CE of some sort (Reach maybe?)-49.97

Also available:

:ps3: & :360:
Vanquish-still 9.97
Harry Potter (NOT LEGO) Deathly Hallows Pt. 2-9.97
Nascar of some sort-14.97
WWE 2012(I assume)-14.97:)ps3:); 24.97:)360:)

:3ds:
Samurai Warrior Chronicles (something like that)-4.97
PES 2011-4.97
Driver-9.97

:wii:
You don't know Jack-9.97
Cartoony Marvel Squad game-9.97
Top Spin 4-14.97

PSMove gun thing-2.99
Deus Ex 8x10 picture-0.25
Pspgo component cable-0.99

Not present:

PS3 controller bundles
PS3 move bundles
LE/CE consoles or handhelds

[quote name='pimpster4183']I saw Yakuza 4 yesterday marked at $9.99, I did get a GOW/Controller combo for $22 at this same store. Would you think it's safe to say Yakuza would be $3.xx based off of that?[/QUOTE]

It probably is $3.72.

Between the two local KMarts I picked up Mayhem 3D, Hunted, and Kane & Lynch 2 (all for PS3) and De Blob 2 (360) for $3.72 each.

Mayhem 3D is highly recommended for those that can find it, especially at $3.72. It reminds me of the old Demolition Derby PS1 games. It does have some online trophies, but it's been impossible trying to find a match online...

[quote name='eXciter1']Picked up Castlevania: Lords of the Shadow $9.99 and Body and Brain Challenge $3.72.[/QUOTE]

Woah, this is the first confirmation I've seen that CV is $9.99 in store. Guess it's not counted as a clearance price but still. Thanks for the info.

Be warned that there's also a Value Game version of Yakuza 4 out there with a new sticker on the shrinkwrap over the original UPC. That one will ring up whatever the price is marked(think it was $19.99) and NOT be a clearance title.

[quote name='JohnnySako']Between the two local KMarts I picked up Mayhem 3D, Hunted, and Kane & Lynch 2 (all for PS3) and De Blob 2 (360) for $3.72 each.

Mayhem 3D is highly recommended for those that can find it, especially at $3.72. It reminds me of the old Demolition Derby PS1 games. It does have some online trophies, but it's been impossible trying to find a match online...[/QUOTE]

Yeah i picked up Mayhem for $3.72 just cause it looked interesting and came with 3D glasses.

My local store sucks so hard.....it constantly looks like you just walked in on day 7 of a week-long fire-sale.

Crossing my fingers that I'll run into one of those $22 DS3 bundles....but I won't hold my breath.

Picked up a few copies of yakuza 4 for 3.74 each. BB tiv is $6 so with the 100 bonus starting again on sunday then wooo. 12 credit. I'm keeping one sold one for 15. Trading in 2. I spent less than 17 for 4 copies.. Thank you kmart. Just crossing my fingers hoping the tiv don't drop b4, sunday

[quote name='eXciter1']Picked up Castlevania: Lords of the Shadow $9.99 and Body and Brain Challenge $3.72.[/QUOTE]

360 or PS3 on LOS? Hope both versions are this price in store!

I haven't seen it mentioned, but I saw a PS3 Sims 3 marked for $9.xx. I think it was the pets version, I would have paid more attention to it were it not for the circumstance that this game follows a troubling trend with many games today: 5 GB+ install. Sims-Livin' Large required no installation. Is there really that much of a difference? You encourage a little person to run around his house going to the bathroom and answering phonecalls, and that's about it! Do pets really justify over 5 GB of off-disk data? Do they bartend or something? Do stand up comedy? I can have some grim understanding of why a title like Dishonored might require 5 GB, but a Sims game? INEXCUSABLE!!!

Hey cheapest, I visited the DC Kmart. Picked up:

Dragon Age II PS3 $3.72
Dead Space II LE $7.xx
Vanquish both consoles $7.xx
Patapon 3 PSP $3.72

[quote name='nietzsche74']I haven't seen it mentioned, but I saw a PS3 Sims 3 marked for $9.xx. I think it was the pets version, I would have paid more attention to it were it not for the circumstance that this game follows a troubling trend with many games today: 5 GB+ install. Sims-Livin' Large required no installation. Is there really that much of a difference? You encourage a little person to run around his house going to the bathroom and answering phonecalls, and that's about it! Do pets really justify over 5 GB of off-disk data? Do they bartend or something? Do stand up comedy? I can have some grim understanding of why a title like Dishonored might require 5 GB, but a Sims game? INEXCUSABLE!!![/QUOTE]
Not everybody loads up their HDD with other media though. I still have probably half of my 160gb HDD in my slim PS3 that's waiting to be used. So a 5gb install is NOTHING to me.:razz:

If anything, you should be bitching about the MULTIPLE multi gig HDD installs from games like MGS4.
[quote name='Romeo']Hey cheapest, I visited the DC Kmart. Picked up:

Dragon Age II PS3 $3.72
Dead Space II LE $7.xx
Patapon 3 PSP $3.72[/QUOTE]
Cool. I still have my copy of Dragon Age II from the @Gamer coupon a while ago that only cost me $5 to play through. Good to know there may still be some stuff left.

Omg. OMG! O.M.fuckINGGGGG.G!!!!!!!!!!:drool: I can't, even, read these game finds as it all looks like a blur after getting the heads up on a deal. The person I spoke with is a bit of an obnoxious, catty ***** so I don't think they lied. UGH! Anywho, be sure to stay glued to CAG for the next 24 hours as I have some hotness to confirm before posting. If what I was told is true, prepare for an Easter egg hunt, wild goose chase!:whee:

[quote name='Gscept']Picked up a few copies of yakuza 4 for 3.74 each. BB tiv is $6 so with the 100 bonus starting again on sunday then wooo. 12 credit. I'm keeping one sold one for 15. Trading in 2. I spent less than 17 for 4 copies.. Thank you kmart. Just crossing my fingers hoping the tiv don't drop b4, sunday[/QUOTE]

Scum, plain and simple. You are the disease that ruins this website, and this world.

You can clearly see members asking for help yet you brag how you made what, $10?

[quote name='Romeo']Hey cheapest, I visited the DC Kmart. Picked up:

Dragon Age II PS3 $3.72
Dead Space II LE $7.xx
Patapon 3 PSP $3.72[/QUOTE]

Oh crap, I forgot to check the case for DA2! Do you know if there are any left? Did ya also check out the bin next to the front registers?

[quote name='Romeo']Scum, plain and simple. You are the disease that ruins this website, and this world.

You can clearly see members asking for help yet you brag how you made what, $10?[/QUOTE]

Don't hate. We know what he's doing with that ten dollar profit. Living it up.

El_Hoardo_LazyBoy.jpg

[quote name='Romeo']Scum, plain and simple. You are the disease that ruins this website, and this world.

You can clearly see members asking for help yet you brag how you made what, $10?[/QUOTE]

Oh, relax.

:lol:Seriously man. Unless this person said they're from our area and cleaning out the stores here, why bother going so over the top on them? The only 'scum' I don't like is that prickface with the 3 game shops around here(well that and my pal Steve from GS) cuz he's probably one of the main reasons the local Kmarts are so dry anymore.

[quote name='slowdive21']What are the Star wars FU with cards? Are they the cards you would get in the sith edition?[/QUOTE]

It's a pack of trading cards. The packaging for the game and cards has some cardboard on top (I saw the Wii version but it scans for $19.99)

Was that a price match or in store pick up? I scanned both platforms in store and it rang up $29.99.

bread's done
Back