New! mousin's Free Magazine thread!

[quote name='6669']

I'm starting to think only the people that didnt get in on the earlier Tips and Tricks offers are the only ones getting accepted now. The link stills works after all this time, so they're being very selective.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's the case. I got in on this one, and I already had the last one. THANKS!

[quote name='Frank784']Sorry if its been posted and I skimmed through it, but I have ESPN the magazine expiring on me and looking through the thread I didn't see it posted, but does anyone know the most legit site to renew my subscription through? It would be even sweeter if I could pay through paypal, although its not a big deal.

Thanks,

Frank[/quote]

I would definitely get a magazine sub. through ebay
the prices are the lowest I have seen (besides the one here that are free)
right now I am getting ESPN The Mag for only $5 for I think 2 years and of course, paypal is accepted because its ebay

I never knew about magazine subscriptions on ebay. They are really cheap. Have you ever had any problems with the delivery, and do they come on time?

[quote name='PapiChullo']I never knew about magazine subscriptions on ebay. They are really cheap. Have you ever had any problems with the delivery, and do they come on time?[/quote]

The magazines usually come in the 6-8 weeks after you buy them, just like the standard processing time, so I guess they do come on time. So far I haven't had any problems with buying subs off ebay. I try to buy the subs from someone who has definitely delt a lot of magazine sales before (good feedback) so you'll know if they're legit.

[quote name='soxfan30']I would definitely get a magazine sub. through ebay
the prices are the lowest I have seen (besides the one here that are free)
right now I am getting ESPN The Mag for only $5 for I think 2 years and of course, paypal is accepted because its ebay[/quote]

I appreciate the quick response. I never believed those subscriptions on ebay to be legit because of how low they are for two years. If I wasn't currently subscribed I'd be down to doing that, but my subscription is just about to expire and I want to keep my espn insider login the same and not skip a beat. I know there are a few websites, but do you know of any that you can just renew for a few bucks? I'm not even sure how much it is through ESPN, I'm just getting e-mails that they want to charge my CC to renew.

You can definitely renew your subscription through ebay sales. But I don't use epsn insider, so I just signed up for a renewal through a seller on ebay and it was all set.

Websites aren't different than the sellers on ebay because they all have that 6-8 week processing time, from my experience. Other people might know of the sites that you're looking for, but sorry I can't help you there.

i missed out on the maxim offer... the page now says "Sorry, this offer is no longer available." first come first served... ohh well.... good news for those who were able to fill out the form, chances are you'll get it :p

I used bestdealmagazines.com to renew my sub to Nintendo Power. Cost $4.69 for 12 issues. Took awhile to go through, but I ordered far in advance of my expiration date, so it wasn't a problem. And the renewal actually went through for an additional 14 issues. I paid using PayPal, just in case they were to try and automatically renew, or something.

Here are two coupons for the site:
BestDeal Magazines.com
15% off Code: TECHBAR15

BestDeal Magazines.com
$10 off $50 Code: MQPBF1112 Expires: Nov 12

[quote name='SpyderGT']I used bestdealmagazines.com to renew my sub to Nintendo Power. Cost $4.69 for 12 issues. Took awhile to go through, but I ordered far in advance of my expiration date, so it wasn't a problem. And the renewal actually went through for an additional 14 issues. I paid using PayPal, just in case they were to try and automatically renew, or something.

BestDeal Magazines.com

BestDeal Magazines.com
$10 off $50 Code: MQPBF1112 Expires: Nov 12[/quote]

As strange as this sounds, when I found ESPN the magazine on there, it offered no discount, the price was the same as if I ripped out a card from the magazine...very strange. Thanks for the info though as I will bookmark it for other magazines and will hold onto the coupon code. Thanks

Frank

[quote name='Zmonkay']I don't think that's the case. I got in on this one, and I already had the last one. THANKS![/QUOTE]
From what I've heard, using a different email address helps your chances on getting a freebizmag offer to work.

[quote name='SpyderGT']I used bestdealmagazines.com to renew my sub to Nintendo Power. Cost $4.69 for 12 issues. Took awhile to go through, but I ordered far in advance of my expiration date, so it wasn't a problem. And the renewal actually went through for an additional 14 issues. I paid using PayPal, just in case they were to try and automatically renew, or something.

BestDeal Magazines.com

BestDeal Magazines.com
$10 off $50 Code: MQPBF1112 Expires: Nov 12[/QUOTE]

When using discount magazine sites, there's a chance they will automatically renew your subscription if you use a credit card. And when they renew it, it may not be at the low price you paid for it originally. Thats something I'll add to the OP soon.

[quote name='6669']When using discount magazine sites, there's a chance they will automatically renew your subscription if you use a credit card. And when they renew it, it may not be at the low price you paid for it originally. Thats something I'll add to the OP soon.[/QUOTE]
I was afraid of something like that. Glad I used PayPal ;)

[quote name='6669']Other people have had this problem as well. I have yet to get rejected for a Mercury Magazine deal, so I've never had this problem. It could just be their way of rejecting you. If anyone else has a solution, please let us know. They're relatively new, but we'll probably figure it out eventually.[/quote]

I have tried in IE, Firefox, Opera using a free E-Mail address (Gmail) and a paid E-Mail address (AOL) and no go. I have tried various indutries such as Media > Art > Editor and Computer Tech stuff.

Anyone else have something to try?

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an FHM or Rolling Stone sub :)[/quote]

Rolling Stone is alright... I like some of the articles, and I like how it comes every two weeks or whatever... I have always been looking for Revolver, Circus, Metal Edge, Drum!, Rue Morgue (God I'd love a free sub to Rue Morgue) or... Even.. Fangoria (IF it was free).

Well why the heck would they reject me for EGM(wont let me check box...just is gray) ... I managed to subscribe for Computer Gaming World at mercury with no probs.

[quote name='6669']TV Guide
https://subscriptions.tvguide.com/Subscribe/Subscribe.aspx?offerkey=733.1.-1[/quote]

Sounds useful. I've somehow never had a TV Guide in my life, but it would probably be nice to have by the TV.

[quote name='TV Guide page']
subErrors.gif

lineSubHoriz.gif

spacer.gif

• System error
Return
spacer.gif

[/quote]

Arr, that's a glass of dog nog. :whistle2:?

Noooo .. I could use a TV Guide sub :cry:

EDIT: WOOT! I got it to work!!!

"Thank you for your order. Your TV Guide subscription is currently being processed. The first issue will arrive in 1-3 weeks."

When you click on the link you should get a screen to fill out your info. When you hit submit you'll probably get a system error page (like I did). Just hit the back button and hit submit again. Keep doing that until it works. It took me a few times of trying but it finally went through.

[quote name='floormat']arghhhhh

have tried several times over the last 6 hours still keep ending up at the error page

arghhhhh[/quote]

Same here... I think Makler has magic... Hands.. Or something... Damn TV guide...

It worked for me during my first try. However, it took a while for the link to load then took a bit to submit it, but it went through.

[quote name='GhostDog']It worked for me during my first try. However, it took a while for the link to load then took a bit to submit it, but it went through.[/QUOTE]

i keep getting

error page

Session expired

[quote name='floormat']i keep getting

error page

Session expired[/QUOTE]
I kept getting that over and over as well, but I checked my email, and I got the confirmation. So keep checking your mail.

[quote name='ivan a rom']can we stack teh tv guide?[/QUOTE]
Stack them in your tv room?

I think it's only 1 subscription per person.

Is there any actual working EGM magazine subs I would Love one and i know about the mercury one but it always grays out my box, so any help would be appreciated.

If anyone is recieving Penthouse, or Maxim, or Playboy, or Stuff, could you post pics of the packaging it's delivered in? (I assume a manilla envelope)

[quote name='PyroGamer']If anyone is recieving Penthouse, or Maxim, or Playboy, or Stuff, could you post pics of the packaging it's delivered in? (I assume a manilla envelope)[/QUOTE]

Not at all. Stuff and Maxim have no packaging covering them at all and Playboy usually has a black plastic bag over it that says playboy on it.

In other words, yes, your parents will know what you are getting.
:lol:

[quote name='6669']Premiere
http://www.freebizmag.com/brpremiere01welcome.htm[/QUOTE]
Shoot! I really wanted one of those! Must check this thread more often.
[quote name='greendj27']Not at all. Stuff and Maxim have no packaging covering them at all and Playboy usually has a black plastic bag over it that says playboy on it.

In other words, yes, your parents will know what you are getting.
:lol:
[/quote]
;)

Been trying TV Guide for a while now with the same error message as many others. (Both IE7 and Firefox) Boo. I really would like to be getting this here at the apartment. Guess I'll keep trying.

[quote name='Sooner']I just got an issue of... "Games for Windows" lol.[/quote]
I got it today too! and the month (well more like a week) before i got the last CGW

Anyone know of any EGM deals that I can do now that arn't expired yet? (I did that third one but it redirected me to someplace to buy some packages that I didn't want to buy so I'm not sure if I'm going to get the mag)

About how long will it take for them to come in?

EDIT: Also what job should I put to get mags free from these sites (like mercury)?

[quote name='Montusama']I got it today too! and the month (well more like a week) before i got the last CGW[/QUOTE]

Yea, it's such a stupid name. They couldn't make it Windows Gaming or something like that. Does Microsoft own that magazine?

Yeah, it's even got a big Windows logo on the front.. According to a little thing close to the front by the editor, they still have freedom to say whatever they want without being checked by Microsoft.

bread's done
Back