New XBOX Experience - General Discussion

[quote name='ronaldhennessy']Is it possible to have copies of avatars? For example, you have the option to save an outfit. Say, if I wanted to change my gender, can I change it and save the outfit or do I have to start all over?[/quote]

all over, which makes me mad. I thought I could make multiple avatars, so I made a new one.. it erased my old one :bomb:

I've only had one really random thing happen thus far. I was in a party and got the invite to join in our session of World at War, but when I accepted it I was sent to a demo of Lost Planet. I don't even have a demo of Lost Planet on my hard drive!

I'm liking the hard drive installs so far. I've only done it on WaW and GOW2 and only played multiplayer since installing, so loading times are irrelevant, but it's rediculously quiet. The disc spins once to make sure it's in there, and then it sounds just like you're sitting at the dashboard the entire time you're playing. I was able to keep my TV volume down lower and still be able to hear people sneaking up on me.

[quote name='ZForce915']has it been discussed why some watch instantly movies can't be viewed on the xbox? it is already a pretty weak selection as it is...[/QUOTE]

they are columbia releases. sony owns columbia. sony does not want their movies on 360.

So the Ninja Blade Theme seems to be exclusive to Japan...and it include 5 avatar items :shock: I'm going to try to get this one today.

ninja_blade_theme.jpg

(using Google Translator)

Dumb question probably, but this thread is massive. If you delete a game from your HD, I'm assuming it won't delete your saves/achievements, right?

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Someone posted that on the last page, Linkin.[/quote]

Yeah, second time that he's come in and done that. He doesn't read replies.

[quote name='mike.m']Dumb question probably, but this thread is massive. If you delete a game from your HD, I'm assuming it won't delete your saves/achievements, right?[/quote]

I wouldn't think so, but if you go to my xbox and go to system then memory, you can delete the full game there, it's seperate from the saved game.. that way you can rest easy. I wouldn't feel safe just going to where the disc menu is, hitting Y and hitting "delete game".

[quote name='Bioshocked360']go to www.mygamercard.net and chose the NXE style.[/quote]

or just right click it, click properties, copy down the address and replace their gamertag with yours.

[quote name='mike.m']Dumb question probably, but this thread is massive. If you delete a game from your HD, I'm assuming it won't delete your saves/achievements, right?[/QUOTE]

If you mean deleting an install, then no it is seperate from saves and achievements.

I am really digging the update. Everything is just super smooth. I love it. :applause:

Im enjoying it. Gotta get my live again and some ms points. Ehh yet so short on money. I actually like the avatars. Their pointless but cool.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Someone posted that on the last page, Linkin.[/quote]

Damn it...that's like 10x's I've done that this week :wall:

-------

Can't figure out a way for it to let me buy points without being in Japan...ebay doesn't even have a good amount of points out there.

You could change your windows live account region to Japan which would take your current points along with you maybe. You can't change it back for 30 days however. I'd do it if there were no worse problems then being locked out of exclusive US content.

If all Themes came with exclusive avatar parts, I think that would strongly help justify their cost. Or at least lower the cost on ones that DON'T have parts...

That's a very smart way to promote the NXE, let you get something that modifies all the major aesthetic options.

If the SSFIITHDR theme came with SFII suits for your avatars, I'd be sold so quickly...

I don't like the fact that they got rid of the Auto Download Feature for XBLA Trial Games. It's still kinda hard to find stuff in the Marketplace (BTW, they took down the Left 4 Dead demo), and that feature always helped.

I still want to be able to put Gamerpics on my Avatar's Clothes.

[quote name='YodaEXE']It should, yes.[/quote]

Ok cool, because I changed my up a bit to look more like me. I guess it just takes time to show up.

You know I was thinking how awesome it would be when "Zombies!" Comes out on XBLA that your Avatar could be your player in the game and when you get killed by a zombie it would show your Avatar getting chewed to pieces. Sadly I know it won't happen, but it would be so awesome.

I think it is a little silly how the Avatars can only be used in E games considering that there are so many games for the 360 that are well, higher than that.

One thing that I think could really help, even borrowing from Vista, is a universal search option. Just type in what you are looking for and it can search your Hard Drive, friends and XBL Marketplace.

Another thing I heard is that eventually they will try to connect XBL to social networks including Facebook and Myspace. Might be kinda cool especially if they really use it as tools to connect and play games.

The IPTV thing has still yet to happen though.

I still don't know why there are not full screen shots of themes and stuff because they have screen shots of demos now. And I kind of want to see what they come up with for the outfits. I think that they should have free downloads for basic stuff to have people interested in them. The premium stuff would be more costumes say like Master Chief or Ryu.

BTW, wtf did EA release a Monopoly 360 game and not have it on Xbox Live or compatible. Would seem to work perfect with the Avatars. If like they do a whole Board Game thing where you can download them and swap back and forth with ease, that would be great. I mean Connect Four is so easy but make it a cheap fun download.

really liking the NXE so far, some things that i dislike are:
1.when you are in your video library, you cant sort by type anymore by pressing Y, instead Y is play now
2.another big gripe is that all that time spent on the NXE and you still cant fast forward/rewind music, WTF? (correct me if i'm wrong, please)
3.My Xbox isn't the first thing you see

and anyone figure out how to get that Ninja Blade theme yet? i would love to have a Ninja avatar

Haha cool. I completely forgot you can make your backgrounds, I did it for a bit, until I got bored of seeing the same background for each blade. Now since you pretty much always see one blade for the most part I guess I could try again. Would be nice if you can do something to make it Premium, but that of course is something that will never happen

Does anyone else hate this new interface? I don't mean the new features it brings (like install to drive), but the actual new interface.

I can't stand it. The blade system worked well. Maybe it needed to have lists redesigned, but everything was easy to find-and I don't mean because I was used to it, it was easy because everything was clearly labled and organized.

Now stuff's all over the place, and it's hard to even find a normal list of games or demos or whatever-everything uses those "Coverflow (which I also hate)" style boxes that scroll by.

I also can't figure out how to disable my "avatar" and just be represented by my Gamerpic (and what happened to all the free gamerpics that used to be on the marketplace?)

I'm baffled by why they think this is going to be EASIER for people to figure out. I mean what was there to figure out with the old interface? You pressed left or right to go to the tab you want "Game", "Marketplace", "Video", "System", whatever. How easy is that? Now? Ugh, *I* can't figure it out after messing with it last night.

Previously I thought it was a wash between the Xbox and Playstation interfaces, and that they were both better than Wii-but now I vastly prefer the Playstation's interface, and I think I even like the Wii's better... :whistle2:(

[quote name='bingbangboom']I tried to make a theme as a test so tried to make a CAG one.[/quote]

Totally forgot that you could do that! I'm going to trawl the internet for public use images and such.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Does anyone else hate this new interface? I don't mean the new features it brings (like install to drive), but the actual new interface.

I can't stand it. The blade system worked well. Maybe it needed to have lists redesigned, but everything was easy to find-and I don't mean because I was used to it, it was easy because everything was clearly labled and organized.

Now stuff's all over the place, and it's hard to even find a normal list of games or demos or whatever-everything uses those "Coverflow (which I also hate)" style boxes that scroll by.

I also can't figure out how to disable my "avatar" and just be represented by my Gamerpic (and what happened to all the free gamerpics that used to be on the marketplace?)

I'm baffled by why they think this is going to be EASIER for people to figure out. I mean what was there to figure out with the old interface? You pressed left or right to go to the tab you want "Game", "Marketplace", "Video", "System", whatever. How easy is that? Now? Ugh, *I* can't figure it out after messing with it last night.

Previously I thought it was a wash between the Xbox and Playstation interfaces, and that they were both better than Wii-but now I vastly prefer the Playstation's interface, and I think I even like the Wii's better... :whistle2:([/quote]

Yeah.. I really hate it... constant scrolling up and down to find what I want. The old system was MUCH better imo.

[quote name='munch']Yeah, I much prefer the old method of scrolling up and down over the new method of scrolling up and down.[/quote]

lmao

Why? There's nothing funny about it. He's apparently implying they're the same thing, when they're quite clearly not.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Why? There's nothing funny about it. He's apparently implying they're the same thing, when they're quite clearly not.[/quote]

I was laughing at his sarcasm you sorry excuse for existence.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Why? There's nothing funny about it. He's apparently implying they're the same thing, when they're quite clearly not.[/QUOTE]

You're right.

Before you had to scroll left and right, then scroll up and down to find your choice.

Now, you have to scroll up and down, then scroll left and right to find your choice.

Clearly, the difference is mind-blowing and unable to be compensated for! :(

:roll: Apparently I've stepped into a cult meeting. I'm sorry to insult you, oh great and identical to old interface new Xbox interface!

[quote name='bardockkun']You know I was thinking how awesome it would be when "Zombies!" Comes out on XBLA that your Avatar could be your player in the game and when you get killed by a zombie it would show your Avatar getting chewed to pieces. Sadly I know it won't happen, but it would be so awesome.[/QUOTE]
I believe that game was canceled, sorry. (As a boardgame, Last night on Earth is a much better Zombie game anyway, hope it comes to XBLA)

[quote name='Wolfpup']Does anyone else hate this new interface? I don't mean the new features it brings (like install to drive), but the actual new interface.[/quote]
I like it a lot better, myself.

Actually the blade system, I thought, was hard to find stuff. More times than I can remember I didn't even know something existed until I heard about it on the internet, and had to ask where to find it.

Actually stuff isn't "all over the place" so much as it's accessible in many different ways. You can find everything by pressing your guide button, if you want. In fact, you can bypass the whole damn thing and just use Xbox.com to browse and queue up downloads if you want. But still, after playing with the interface for an hour, it makes sense to me now, and I can find whatever.

You still have a gamerpic. Avatars only show up for other people in one single place in all of the dashboard. It's not that big of a deal.
All the same gamer pics are there. Free ones even. Even more of them. They are in the marketplace under "Themes and Gamerpics" just like the old dashboard.

Again, I honestly think the old interface wasn't any less confusing. My biggest gripe with it is that many pure gamers had no idea there even was a marketplace unless you knew where to look. Now, it's pretty obvious.

Previously I thought it was a wash between the Xbox and Playstation interfaces, and that they were both better than Wii-but now I vastly prefer the Playstation's interface, and I think I even like the Wii's better... :whistle2:(
That's your opinion, and you are allowed to have it. I can't stand the PS3 interface. Every time I use it I feel like it's something the Atari 2600 might have had if it had lots of storage.

[quote name='Wolfpup']:roll: Apparently I've stepped into a cult meeting. I'm sorry to insult you, oh great and identical to old interface new Xbox interface![/quote]

Go play in traffic.

[quote name='munch']Yeah, I much prefer the old method of scrolling up and down over the new method of scrolling up and down.[/quote]

[quote name='Ruined']You're right.

Before you had to scroll left and right, then scroll up and down to find your choice.

Now, you have to scroll up and down, then scroll left and right to find your choice.

Clearly, the difference is mind-blowing and unable to be compensated for! :([/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='cmart05']Go play in traffic.[/quote]

Where the hell is Shrike at? He is suppose to come out of the shadows and smack down a ban on this type of mild statement. :whistle2:k That is....if the CAG mods are actually fair.

Lets see where this goes.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Actually the blade system, I thought, was hard to find stuff. More times than I can remember I didn't even know something existed until I heard about it on the internet, and had to ask where to find it.[/quote]

I keep hearing that, but I honestly don't understand it. Everything was clearly labeled. You wanted to play a game, you go to "Games". You want to watch something or stream something, you go to "Media". You want to change a setting, you go to "System". It's all right there, and always in view.

Maybe I'll get used to it, but so far-for the first time ever-I'm struggling to find anything. There was no learning curve for me with the original interface any more than there was for like the PSP/PS3 cross bar interface-it's just really straight forward. This reminds me of Apple's pretty but unfunctional interface designs that they often do (not always, but...)

Actually stuff isn't "all over the place" so much as it's accessible in many different ways. You can find everything by pressing your guide button, if you want. In fact, you can bypass the whole damn thing and just use Xbox.com to browse and queue up downloads if you want. But still, after playing with the interface for an hour, it makes sense to me now, and I can find whatever.

Hopefully it will for me too. I also don't like how it now boots you to ad advertising section, instead of to a spot you can launch a game from right away.

You still have a gamerpic. Avatars only show up for other people in one single place in all of the dashboard. It's not that big of a deal.
All the same gamer pics are there. Free ones even. Even more of them. They are in the marketplace.

Maybe it's just the new design of the marketplace, because I can't find much of anything there anymore. Seems like a lot less stuff.

Again, I honestly think the old interface wasn't any less confusing. My biggest gripe with it is that many pure gamers had no idea there even was a marketplace unless you knew where to look. Now, it's pretty obvious.

To me it's much LESS obvious. I mean before it was right there-I don't know how you could miss it as it's just sitting on the dash no matter where on the dash you are, always in the same location :whistle2:/

That's your opinion, and you are allowed to have it. I can't stand the PS3 interface. Every time I use it I feel like it's something the Atari 2600 might have had if it had lots of storage.

A lot of people seem to like it a lot more than the old 360 interface, but I thought they were about the same, with roughly the same metaphor. It's very clean and straight forward though, especially compared to this new interface.

[quote name='Soodmeg']:rofl:

Where the hell is Shrike at? He is suppose to come out of the shadows and smack down a ban on this type of mild statement. :whistle2:k That is....if the CAG mods are actually fair.

Lets see where this goes.[/quote]

What are we in high school?

I'm sorry for telling someone who's making ignorant comments to go play in traffic which would therefor save us from his stupidity.

Now go run and tattle-tell on me!

[quote name='Wolfpup']I keep hearing that, but I honestly don't understand it. Everything was clearly labeled. You wanted to play a game, you go to "Games". You want to watch something or stream something, you go to "Media". You want to change a setting, you go to "System". It's all right there, and always in view.[/quote]
Hm. Some advice then - ignore everything about the new interface except for the "My Xbox" section. Just play around with that for now. When you feel comfortable with that, move on to other stuff.

Maybe I'll get used to it, but so far-for the first time ever-I'm struggling to find anything. There was no learning curve for me with the original interface any more than there was for like the PSP/PS3 cross bar interface-it's just really straight forward. This reminds me of Apple's pretty but unfunctional interface designs that they often do (not always, but...)
I admit I was a little lost for a couple of hours when I first got NXE.

Hopefully it will for me too. I also don't like how it now boots you to ad advertising section, instead of to a spot you can launch a game from right away.
I do agree with you there. I don't like that. Especially for Gold Subscribers; they shouldn't have to put up with as many ads, or any ads. And yes, My Xbox should be the default.

Maybe it's just the new design of the marketplace, because I can't find much of anything there anymore. Seems like a lot less stuff.
Yeah. For now, when you want to browse the marketplace, do it through the guide button.
Hit the guide button and find the marketplace stuff in there. It will bring up alphabetical listings and genre listings instead of the coverflow stuff, until it shows you a selection of movies/games.

[quote name='cmart05']What are we in high school?

I'm sorry for telling someone who's making ignorant comments to go play in traffic which would therefor save us from his stupidity.

Now go run and tattle-tell on me![/QUOTE]

Wow your sense of humor is busted today, because that post was damn funny.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Hm. Some advice then - ignore everything about the new interface except for the "My Xbox" section. Just play around with that for now. When you feel comfortable with that, move on to other stuff.[/quote]

Probably a good idea. Thanks! Hopefully I'll get the hang of it... :)

Yeah. For now, when you want to browse the marketplace, do it through the guide button.
Hit the guide button and find the marketplace stuff in there. It will bring up alphabetical listings and genre listings instead of the coverflow stuff, until it shows you a selection of movies/games.

Okay, I'll play with it more that way-thanks! I was somehow able to get an actual listing listing last night, but it was confusing to get to, and I'm thinking "why isn't this just the default?"

[quote name='cmart05']What are we in high school?

Now go run and tattle-tell on me![/quote]

*Woooooosh

Thats the sound of that joke going clearly above your head. You havent been on CAG long enough to even come close to understanding what I was talking about.

Just know I wasnt actually making fun of you in anyway. Let it go and no hard feelings.

[quote name='Soodmeg']*Woooooosh

Thats the sound of that joke going clearly above your head. You havent been on CAG long enough to even come close to understanding what I was talking about.

Just know I wasnt actually making fun of you in anyway. Let it go and no hard feelings.[/quote]

[insert my way above over YOUR head sarcasm here]

Who even is this guy?

Dude let it go man. You just joined last month so you are not going to get a lot of the inside jokes. Unless this is a dup account....hmmm. Stop taking it a gaming message board so personally.

bread's done
Back