Newegg - 10 Off Game Pre-Orders of $39.99+ (Last Day!!)

[quote name='scarhawk']I hope I wasn't the only one who read that the wrong way :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I had to take a second look myself. Hahaha :)

Man their free shipping sucks now just like Amazon
Before it's UPS 3Days Guarantee for free but now the free shipping is 4-7 days Newegg Saver Shipping

Sad to see good online stores going down hill once it becomes popular.

[quote name='gacktplays']Man their free shipping sucks now just like Amazon
Before it's UPS 3Days Guarantee for free but now the free shipping is 4-7 days Newegg Saver Shipping

Sad to see good online stores going down hill once it becomes popular.[/QUOTE]

Most of the games I just ordered are still UPS 3-Day Free. The only ones that were Newegg Saver were Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion, so it might just be the more popular ones that are like this?

[quote name='Beartiger']http://i.imgur.com/0qvJN.png

Take all my money.

The free shipping is 4-7 days AFTER release right? I don't mind waiting anyway these games will keep me busy for a while.[/QUOTE]

You bought almost the exact same set as me, but the lack of tax on your order makes everything look so much better :whistle2:(

[quote name='AFC']Most of the games I just ordered are still UPS 3-Day Free. The only ones that were Newegg Saver were Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion, so it might just be the more popular ones that are like this?

You bought almost the exact same set as me, but the lack of tax on your order makes everything look so much better :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Yeah, no tax here, those 29.99's are so beautiful.

You did beat me in shipping though. All of my orders are Egg Saver 4-7 days. Where are you anyway?

Also is there any chance of me getting these on release date? I've never preordered from Newegg before.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Beartiger']

Also is there any chance of me getting these on release date? I've never preordered from Newegg before.[/QUOTE]

Slim to none

[quote name='scarhawk']Heart of the Swarm for $30? fuck yeah[/QUOTE]

Collectors or no go for me. I still have a sealed version of the Vanilla SC2 CE.

Gonna complete the CE set and maybe, maybe, sell them as a set.

Of course I got one for myself, lol.

[quote name='eXiON']What the hell.. Your right, I just noticed that myself. Seems the rest of the retailers don't have the GOTY listed, and any news of the GOTY appears to be coming mostly from Europe.

If this were the Pal version it would be noted in the Newegg description, but then again Newegg isn't known for their stellar descriptions. Well, guess we'll see.[/QUOTE]

No, it might not be in the description. I ordered f1 2011 and it was a south american version with shady "hot price" stickers covering it on the package like they knew it. Newegg gave me the same "contact the manufacturer" brush off. Do they really want me to report them for selling a manufacturer's game in the wrong region?

[quote name='scottman']No, it might not be in the description. I ordered f1 2011 and it was a south american version with shady "hot price" stickers covering it on the package like they knew it. Newegg gave me the same "contact the manufacturer" brush off. Do they really want me to report them for selling a manufacturer's game in the wrong region?[/QUOTE]
That sucks to hear man, NewEgg has been great for me, never had one single issue with them. But if they pull that crap on me, you bet I'll do some complaining as well.

I'll just hope for the best and not cancel my order.

[quote name='Beartiger']Yeah, no tax here, those 29.99's are so beautiful.

You did beat me in shipping though. All of my orders are Egg Saver 4-7 days. Where are you anyway?

Also is there any chance of me getting these on release date? I've never preordered from Newegg before.[/QUOTE]

I'm in CA, so Newegg really has no excuse if their games take longer than 1 day to reach me. I can drive to their warehouse within 1.5 hours, but I'd still rather have the tax back than the faster shipping. Especially since games (not even LE/CE's) I've ordered from them before still come damaged, which negates one of the supposed bonuses of living in a warehouse state (as Amazon has tried to advertise).

No clue regarding release-date delivery though. These are my first Newegg pre-orders as well, and, to be honest, I'll probably end up canceling most of them. I can easily see better deals on most of these games a few months after release, and there's really no excuse for me to overpay with my backlog. Paper Mario might be involved in a bundle, too. Starcraft and the Ragnarok Mercenary Edition might be the only ones I keep.

[quote name='eXiON']That sucks to hear man, NewEgg has been great for me, never had one single issue with them. But if they pull that crap on me, you bet I'll do some complaining as well.

I'll just hope for the best and not cancel my order.[/QUOTE]

PS3 is region free, so it really doesn't matter? The only thing that won't transfer over is your save from the NTSC ver. Unless the bonus content is not on disc of course. Then you could be screwed...

[quote name='StryderOmega']PS3 is region free, so it really doesn't matter? The only thing that won't transfer over is your save from the NTSC ver. Unless the bonus content is not on disc of course. Then you could be screwed...[/QUOTE]
Even though it's region free, the saves is one thing. Also not sure if the DLC is on the disc or if I have to redeem it through a voucher like with UC2 GOTY. If it's the latter, then it might not even be compatible if I try redeeming it on the U.S PSN Store.

[quote name='eXiON']Even though it's region free, the saves is one thing. Also not sure if the DLC is on the disc or if I have to redeem it through a voucher like with UC2 GOTY. If it's the latter, then it might not even be compatible if I try redeeming it on the U.S PSN Store.[/QUOTE]

PAL codes (or rather a game released in EU) shouldn't be able to be redeemed on the US PSN store. Unless of course the content isn't region locked either? (That would be unheard of tho, lol)

Either way, I would keep the pre-order in. If it does turn out to be PAL wait to read a review to see if there is a voucher or on disc. If voucher, return!

[quote name='gacktplays']Man their free shipping sucks now just like Amazon

Sad to see good online stores going down hill once it becomes popular.[/QUOTE]

Chances are it will arrive banged up w/ their saver. It goes via UPS->USPS mail innovations. Two carriers get to mishandle it. The 2 games I got that way had cases in bad shape. I really have to think twice about going Newegg despite the discount. Their returns/exchanges for this sort of thing are awful compared to Amazon.

[quote name='2&2']Chances are it will arrive banged up w/ their saver. It goes via UPS->USPS mail innovations. Two carriers get to mishandle it. The 2 games I got that way had cases in bad shape. I really have to think twice about going Newegg despite the discount. Their returns/exchanges for this sort of thing are awful compared to Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Well UPS is the worse of the two. So I would presume that the unloading of the UPS trailer a second time (at the USPS hub) would be the area where the game gets crushed. After all, they just throw shit off their truck. Literally, throw... And kick.

I pre-ordered Doom 3: BFG Edition for X360 earlier today. How likely is it that the game will be cheaper on Black Friday? I definitely would not spend the full $40 on it, $30 is my limit. I already own Doom 1 & 2 on XBLA and played thru Doom 3 and RoE ports on the original Xbox years ago. How likely is the game to arrive on release day from Newegg (I live in the Detroit area)? I'm trying to decide if I should just cancel the pre-order and wait or keep it in place. Decisions decisions.

From experiences in the past, Triple A titles are going to be on sale. (Black Ops II, Assassin's Creed, ect.)

The older Triple A games will also be on sale for probably $10. (Batman AC, Darksiders 2, ect)

The collections are a hit or miss on sales. So it is harder to say if it will.

I just preorder a bunch of games paper mario sticker star, castlevania mirror of fate, sly cooper vita, tearaway vita, killzone vita and a couple others saved me a bunch thanks TC

Put in preorders for:
- Animal Crossing (3DS) - first half '13
- Soul Sacrifice (Vita) - Spring '13
- Persona 4 Golden (Vita) - 11/20/13
- Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm (PC) - when it's ready.

Did I miss anything? I'm partially surprised no one has mentioned the $30 Street Fighter x Tekken for Vita. (IMO, I guess people just don't want to pay more for the same game on a portable plus 12 new characters.)

[quote name='StryderOmega']PAL codes (or rather a game released in EU) shouldn't be able to be redeemed on the US PSN store. Unless of course the content isn't region locked either? (That would be unheard of tho, lol)

Either way, I would keep the pre-order in. If it does turn out to be PAL wait to read a review to see if there is a voucher or on disc. If voucher, return![/QUOTE]
Yep, that's what I meant.

But lucky for us seems the GOTY is bundled with the new slimmer PS3. I'm guessing the cover art we are getting is the one where Drake is holding on for dear life. While the EU cover art seems to be a faceshot of Drake similar to that of the CE's.

Here's more proof of this too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uncharted-3...7714?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item416aeaa892

Ah. what the hell, I went ahead and ordered Animal Crossing 3DS. That's a definite Day 1 game and getting it for 25% off is decent enough for me to pass on using Amazon or GS credit.

I'm tempted to get the Professor Layton game, too, but I think I can probably wait for a sale/deal on that one. I've bought nearly every other game in the series at release only to see it $20 or so not much later.

Oh man, then there's Mario Sticker Star... D'oh!

[quote name='io']I'm tempted to get the Professor Layton game, too, but I think I can probably wait for a sale/deal on that one. I've bought nearly every other game in the series at release only to see it $20 or so not much later.[/QUOTE]
How soon is "not much later", would you say? Saving $10 is nice but there's a metric fuck-ton of releases coming out in October so if this drops that low within a month or two I could wait on it. Although I'm thinking even if it doesn't sell well it won't drop as much as DS games because of the higher msrp (rhythm thief is still $30 after a few months).

Didn't even know Layton was coming out until last week and was dismayed that I didn't preorder it the last 5 times newegg did this sale. I guess these 10 off 40 / 12 off 50 sales are becoming routine though.

I'm in for Animal Crossing 3DS as well. I loved the Wii version. Only problem is I'll really need to get my own 3DS for this game. Using the kids' 3DS might not work out. I figure I have time to pick up one up, maybe from AWD if and when they ever go whole hog on selling Nintendo stuff. :)

I kind of want to lock in Tank! Tank! Tank! for the Wii U too. It looks like fun, but I don't know if I can actually use the MP portion of it, seeing as how I'll probably be playing solo for the Wii U's console life. I can always cancel later I guess. Anybody know if there is going to be a story mode or single player of some kind?

I'm thinking about pre-ordering Doom 3 BFG but I already own Doom 3 for the original Xbox...It's not that great when you play it on 360 though because it doesn't translate too well graphically.

Does anyone think the BFG is worth pre-ordering? It does come with the original Doom and Doom 2, but I would prefer Final Doom and/or Doom 64 to be included as well...

Trying to decide if I should get DOA5 or not. I want it pretty bad, but at the same time $50 is still close to full price and I know this game will be probably $40 or less not too much later... hmmm.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Ordered :360:The Last Testament of Sherlock Holmes and :360:Doom 3 BFG for $29.99 each. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
i was going to grab that Sherlock Holmes game. Think it is worth $30?

I did pre-order Code of Princess, though. I hope it comes with the soundtrack, etc that most of Atlus' first prints have. (I also hope newegg doesn't ship it in a bubble mailer that destroys the outer box.

Anyone have experience with newegg shipping games that come out on Sunday? I'm just wondering when my Wii-U games will be delivered.

[quote name='Josh5890']Anyone have experience with newegg shipping games that come out on Sunday? I'm just wondering when my Wii-U games will be delivered.[/QUOTE]

My biggest issue with newegg is where the game releases from.

Some games are shipped from California, others are shipped from New Jersey.

Makes a huge difference when I get my games (Jersey games I get ON release day, Cali ones take 3-4 days)

I got my NSMB2 on Tuesday I believe it was although it certainly shipped before Sunday.

Also I'm still able to get 3 day guaranteed shipping even though I see some people here say they are stuck with 4-7 day shipping. Not sure what to make of that.

[quote name='Josh5890']Anyone have experience with newegg shipping games that come out on Sunday? I'm just wondering when my Wii-U games will be delivered.[/QUOTE]
I pre-ordered NSMB 2 which came out on Sunday from NewEgg and I got it on Wednesday.

Hmmm.....I just saw this on the US Playstation blog.

And I quote! lol

"The winner of over 60 industry and Game of the Year awards, UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception will be re-released next week in an all new Game of the Year Edition, which includes 12 new multiplayer maps, over 40 multiplayer skins, Fort Co-Op Adventure, and Shade Survival Mode, a value of over $45 in bonus content. In case you somehow missed it, UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception is the latest installment in Naughty Dog’s storied UNCHARTED franchise that chronicles the adventures of Nathan Drake. UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Game of the Year Edition is a great way to kick off your gameplay experience on the newest PS3 model.

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Game of the Year Edition will also be available as a standalone title on September 25th for $39.99 (MSRP).

CCP Games’ DUST 514 brings intense infantry combat, large-scale warfare and deep character advancement to PS3 in an exclusive free-to-play massively multiplayer shooter. Set in, and integrated with, the massive universe of EVE Online, players wage war in the next generation of first-person shooters, where a single victory could prove the crushing blow to a galactic empire of thousands of online gamers. This bundle includes an incredible amount of bonus value – more than $30 in total.
For those of you who do not own a PS3 yet, or have been looking to add another PS3 to your household, this is the perfect opportunity to jump in before the next wave of blockbuster games launch this holiday season."

Edit: Walmart has it up for pre-order.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Uncharted-3-Game-Of-The-Year-Edition-PS3/21108333

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back