NFL 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread

[quote name='javeryh']
As long as the Eagles get to play crappy teams Vick should be OK. The Lions and the Jags aren't exactly powerhouse teams. I'd want to see him beat the Cowboys or even the Redskins this week. He has looked good though - he still has no touch on his throws but he can chuck it pretty far and his douchebag receivers can outrun just about any corner.[/QUOTE]

You sound like a crybaby Giants fan.;) That being said, he did pretty well against Green Bay, but he is still really not very accurate.

[quote name='docvinh']You sound like a crybaby Giants fan.;) That being said, he did pretty well against Green Bay, but he is still really not very accurate.[/QUOTE]

You sound like a crazy Eagles fan. ;) Green Bay was up big so they were playing soft on D when Vick came into the game. Also, maybe the Packers aren't as good as everyone thought they were going to be. Still, I was pissed when Andy Reid named Vick as the starter because he is clearly way better than Kolb.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Does anyone else hate the new looks of PTI and Around the Horn? I guess it's good it's in HD now, but I just don't like the new styles.[/QUOTE]

i forgot they were making the change, i guess ill update my dvr and take a look at it when i get home.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']i forgot they were making the change, i guess ill update my dvr and take a look at it when i get home.[/QUOTE]

I love it. The HD is nice and the font on the topics is much larger taking advantage of the widescreen format.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']He reminds me a lot of Mike Alstott.[/QUOTE]

Because he's white?

Loved: Hearing CBS’s Gus Johnson compare Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman's game to that of Ben Roethlisberger. It was refreshing to hear someone forgo the typically lazy racial comparison. Another broadcaster might have compared Freeman to a young Daunte Culpepper, just like people comparing Peyton Hillis to Mike Alstott. The Roethlisberger comparison is more accurate for Freeman.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-winnersandlosers092610

HIL734134.jpg

[quote name='javeryh']You sound like a crazy Eagles fan. ;).[/QUOTE]

I would like to say we aren't crazy but Eagles fans were getting tossed out of the Jags/Birds game for fighting with each other. Not with the Jaguar fans, but with each other. So that totally kills any attempt at proving Eagle fans sanity.

[quote name='perdition(troy']oh, and I forgot to say this, but Jon Gruden is the worst coach I have ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

Signed,
Tampa Bay Buccaneers fans everywhere!

Philly fans are the worst. Obviously they are very passionate about their sports teams, however they are the most savage as well -- must be all that pent up frustration of not having a Super Bowl Championship in a longggggg time.

[quote name='HydroX']Philly fans are the worst. Obviously they are very passionate about their sports teams, however they are the most savage as well -- must be all that pent up frustration of not having a Super Bowl Championship in a longggggg time.[/QUOTE]

You mean never? Eagles won the NFL Championship but we've never won the Super Bowl. Got there in 1980 and 2004 and lost both times.

Very nice game so far for the Browns with a running game that's getting better as the game goes on. If they can minimize mistakes like the long TO TD and the tipped interception, they could come away with a great, hard fought win here.

Great win for Cleveland and it looks like Denver has a win in the bag after Tennessee fumbled the ball on their return after losing the lead.

Vick got sandwiched, if I had to bet I'd say broken collarbone. So much for my undefeated fantasy team.

Edit: Rib injury for Vick. I doubt he'll be back today.

Kevin Kolb is pretty clearly not the answer for the Eagles, his play today pretty much justified Reid's decision to go with Vick. If he can't come back healthy, they're gonna be in serious trouble.

[quote name='TheRock88']Nate fucking Clements cost the Niners a win.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he's cost the Niners a few wins. What a waste of all that money.

Bears have no line and Cutler has been doing so bad tonight he has -10.32 fantasy points. I should have started Mcnabb at least he had +11.90! If he is sacked three more times he ties the record for most times a QB has been sacked in a game.

two years in a row Clements had an INT knocked out by White because he was going for a TD. i hope Clements gets his throat ripped out by Singletary. JUST GO DOWN! There's a minute twenty left and he's trying to make Sportscenter.

I hope Vick gets better, that play that he got injured on is all I needed to see to know he'll continue to be the starter. He almost got the touchdown after an amazing run.

[quote name='Tony208']I hope Vick gets better, that play that he got injured on is all I needed to see to know he'll continue to be the starter. He almost got the touchdown after an amazing run.[/QUOTE]

The cruel irony for Vick (and for his fantasy owners) was that it was called back on a penalty anyway.

I'm very glad the Ravens won (Ravens fan here) and got to see Steelers fans at work all sad.

As for the Bears, I'm sad about the loss because I was a Bears fan before moving to MD (not as big as a Bulls/White Sox fan). I really wish they stuck with Kyle Orton (an alumni of my college) instead of going with Cutler. But eh, the Bears make so many stupid QB decisions (such as sticking with Cade McNoun(sp) one time, along with playing Rex Grossman (although he beat my high school in the state championship in 1998) more than Orton once).

[quote name='Tony208']I hope Vick gets better, that play that he got injured on is all I needed to see to know he'll continue to be the starter. He almost got the touchdown after an amazing run.[/QUOTE]

He won't be starting many games if he continues to lower his shoulder on his runs. He needs to be smart and slide as soon as he sees a defender on him. The rule is there for a reason.

[quote name='javeryh']Why is there no one at the game?[/QUOTE]

They're all still in line for the bathroom?

They called it a sellout..

[quote name='bvharris']They're all still in line for the bathroom?

They called it a sellout..[/QUOTE]

It looks kind of empty in there although that last end zone shot looked full.

[quote name='bvharris']The Patriots have had a little something to do with it.[/QUOTE]

Kick return, blocked punt, and a returned blocked field goal. Dolphins gave the game away with their shit special teams.

[quote name='SEH']Kick return, blocked punt, and a returned blocked field goal. Dolphins gave the game away with their shit special teams.[/QUOTE]

Who returned the kick, blocked the punt, and blocked the field goal (and returned it)? Was it the Jets? :roll:

Pats first team in NFL history to score via Run, Pass, Kick Return, Blocked Punt, and Pick Six all in the same game. But yeah, totally all because the Dolphins gave it away.

Gotta think these teams are feeling pretty different heading into their respective byes.

Barely won my FF match up this week I had 70.38, my opponent had 68.24, it was only that close cause Cutler was a tackling dummy last night and my opponent had Gostkowski tonight.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Fox Sports is reporting that the Vikings and Patriots are close to a deal for Randy Moss.[/QUOTE]

Saw that too. I don't know why they would do this though.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Barely won my FF match up this week I had 70.38, my opponent had 68.24, it was only that close cause Cutler was a tackling dummy last night and my opponent had Gostkowski tonight.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I won my FF matchup by .18, 156.52 - 156.34.

bread's done
Back