NFL 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread

[quote name='ph33r m3']Can't wait.

49ers 27
Saints 21[/QUOTE]

49ers gona shock the world!!!! :)pray:). As long as it doesn't get embarrassing, that's all i ask!

Chargers back on track - And cowboys 0-2 = Me a Happy boy!. :lol:

ill be rooting for my niners, and i think they have a chance if the D shows up and plays to their potential tonight.

but ill be happy if we keep the game competitive and close after last weeks debacle.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP)—The Arapahoe County Sheriff says Denver Broncos wide receiver Kenny McKinley(notes) has been found dead in his home.
Sheriff Grayson Robinson says detectives are investigating the death.

Authorities were called to McKinley’s home in Centennial on Monday afternoon and found his body.
McKinley was a second-year pro who was on the team’s injured reserve list. He played in eight games as a rookie in 2009 with seven kick returns for 158 yards.
The Broncos released a statement from coach Josh McDaniels, who called McKinley’s death “a tragic loss.”
That makes 3 Broncos who have died in the last 3 years or so. RIP.

R.I.P: Denver WR.

NOt over yet baby, Niners still int his motha. Touchdown + 2 point conversion.

That last drive by A.Smith - Easily one of the best drives i have seen him put together in a niner uniform.

Showing alot of heart and fight, gotta love that, no matter the outcome.

If it wasnt for all those key turnovers........:bomb:

_________

CURVE CURVE CUUR.....Fuuuuuu...man. Well, that was entertaining. Im not sure who that was driving the niners in the 2 minute drill to tie, but that was not Alex Smith. lol.

Saw some major positives in this game after laying that huge egg week one. CANNOT wait for the next game, see how they react. Drinking myself out of this thread - peace!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pitfallharry219']That makes 3 Broncos who have died in the last 3 years or so. RIP.[/QUOTE]

Saw that.. really sad he couldn't get his life in order and realize that he had opportunities most never will. Depression is a nasty little bugger that is easy to hide, and hard to shake. R.I.P.

[quote name='Viol8tor']

If it wasnt for all those key turnovers........:bomb:

__[/QUOTE]

tough loss for sure. literally a mistake away from winning the game. even with the loss and 0-2 record the 49ers looked like the best team in the NFC west. and was it me or did alex smith look good?

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']tough loss for sure. literally a mistake away from winning the game. even with the loss and 0-2 record the 49ers looked like the best team in the NFC west. and was it me or did alex smith look good?[/QUOTE]

0-2 is 0-2.

Season, over.

Bring on Andrew Luck.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']...the 49ers looked like the best team in the NFC west. and was it me or did alex smith look good?[/QUOTE]

... Is that like being the smartest kid in special ed? ;)

[quote name='ph33r m3']0-2 is 0-2.

Season, over.

Bring on Andrew Luck.[/QUOTE]

Hardly. The other teams in that division are the Seahawks, Rams, and Cards. The cards may end up surprising, but the other two teams suck. 8-8 might just win that division.

Looks like Kevin Faulk tore his ACL, so Danny Woodhead is likely to be the new 3rd down RB.

Braylon Edwards must've blown by that cop like he was Darius Butler, pulled over at 5am and blew a .16. NFL players have no reason to ever drive drunk, the league has a program where they'll be picked up in a limo or SUV and their car driven home for them at the team's expense.

[quote name='dafoomie']Looks like Kevin Faulk tore his ACL, so Danny Woodhead is likely to be the new 3rd down RB.

Braylon Edwards must've blown by that cop like he was Darius Butler, pulled over at 5am and blew a .16. NFL players have no reason to ever drive drunk, the league has a program where they'll be picked up in a limo or SUV and their car driven home for them at the team's expense.[/QUOTE]

That sort of implies drunk idiots have the ability to think rationally, doesn't it? :D

Faulk is obviously a huge loss for the Patriots. Having to give significant playing time to Woodhead, a guy they seemingly signed just to fuck with the Jets, seems less than idea.

Given how thin they're starting to look at RB, it wouldn't shock me if they pick someone else up.

[quote name='ph33r m3']0-2 is 0-2.

Season, over.

Bring on Andrew Luck.[/QUOTE]

Whoah there, slow that hate train up. Like stated before, the division sucks. I know it doesn't hold much merritt when your record is 0-2, but if the niners play anywhere near how they did for the most part last night, they still have a solid chance at winning the NFC west.

Reggie Bush fractured fibula - expected back in 4-6 weeks. When it rains, it pours fellow Trojan.

Last night's loss was a tough one, but if the 49ers can play like that, minus the stupid turnovers/safety, they'll stand a chance against any team. 0-2 isn't too bad, as they were predicted to be 1-1 at this point.

[quote name='bvharris']That sort of implies drunk idiots have the ability to think rationally, doesn't it? :D

Faulk is obviously a huge loss for the Patriots. Having to give significant playing time to Woodhead, a guy they seemingly signed just to fuck with the Jets, seems less than idea.

Given how thin they're starting to look at RB, it wouldn't shock me if they pick someone else up.[/QUOTE]
Didn't have anything to do with the Jets, they brought him in on Saturday when the team was already in New York, and he didn't travel there or do anything beyond take a physical and sign a contract.

I think he was insurance for Faulk, they needed another RB who could catch the ball out of the backfield and pick up the blitz. He also plays on special teams.

Larry Johnson cut by the 'Skins. So much for the past-prime RB experiment Washington had going there.

[quote name='dafoomie']Didn't have anything to do with the Jets, they brought him in on Saturday when the team was already in New York, and he didn't travel there or do anything beyond take a physical and sign a contract.

I think he was insurance for Faulk, they needed another RB who could catch the ball out of the backfield and pick up the blitz. He also plays on special teams.[/QUOTE]

I wish they were able to utilize Taylor more in game 2, he looked great in that early run against the Jets that was called back, but maybe his toe was bothering him too much. I felt they overused Faulk because of that and also began passing too much, even when they still had the lead. Are ACL tears just something entirely progressive or can they be avoided without too much all at once?

[quote name='Hell Monkey']So I wonder if the Kevin Kolb experiment is already over or just until Vick has a bad game.[/QUOTE]

As an Eagles fan, I'm pretty curious about this myself.

What an awful weekend. Giants gave away the game yet were never really in it (which is almost impossible to do) and both my fantasy teams lost. UGLY.

[quote name='javeryh']What an awful weekend. Giants gave away the game yet were never really in it (which is almost impossible to do) and both my fantasy teams lost. UGLY.[/QUOTE]

please, 49er fans are going to start coming to games with bags over their heads. at least you guys have a win and scored a touchdown before that last minute of the game.

Niners fire there Offensive Coordinator, Jimmy Raye.

I still see Smith as the problem. Yeah this year he has not been the sole issue so far, but I feel if they had a good QB, with all those weapons the offense would be putting up points. Maybe they should have went out and got Mcnabb or signed a Mike Vick. Instead we have to stick with Smith because our backups may even be worse than him!

Though I was happy to see Cleveland finally score a touchdown in the second half, going for a long pass on 3rd and 2 in the 4th quarter when Peyton Hillis has been bowling through the Ravens defense for most of the game made absolutely no sense.

Seneca Wallace is a good QB for his accuracy in short and mid-range, but not for long-range targets, as every single long pass went out of bounds. I guess the big Cribbs TD pass last week gave them more confidence in his arm then they should've had.

[quote name='DomLando']Niners fire there Offensive Coordinator, Jimmy Raye.

I still see Smith as the problem. Yeah this year he has not been the sole issue so far, but I feel if they had a good QB, with all those weapons the offense would be putting up points. Maybe they should have went out and got Mcnabb or signed a Mike Vick. Instead we have to stick with Smith because our backups may even be worse than him![/QUOTE]

The offense is impotent as heck, but that's understandable when Frank Gore is the seemingly the only reliable offensive weapon they have any sort of faith in. Seriously, look at the stats in the first three games. Having defenders on Gore in both run and pass situations effective kills their offense. Raye was the easiest person to throw under the bus, but Singletary and the rest of his staff have to be put on the hot seat if and most likely when the losses continue to pile up.

[quote name='DomLando']Niners fire there Offensive Coordinator, Jimmy Raye.

I still see Smith as the problem. Yeah this year he has not been the sole issue so far, but I feel if they had a good QB, with all those weapons the offense would be putting up points. Maybe they should have went out and got Mcnabb or signed a Mike Vick. Instead we have to stick with Smith because our backups may even be worse than him![/QUOTE]
Trent Edwards is available.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']As an Eagles fan, I'm pretty curious about this myself.[/QUOTE]

I went to the Eagles/Jags game yesterday and if Vick keeps playing like taht I don't think Kolb will see the field anytime soon. Great game.

[quote name='ced']The offense is impotent as heck, but that's understandable when Frank Gore is the seemingly the only reliable offensive weapon they have any sort of faith in. Seriously, look at the stats in the first three games. Having defenders on Gore in both run and pass situations effective kills their offense. Raye was the easiest person to throw under the bus, but Singletary and the rest of his staff have to be put on the hot seat if and most likely when the losses continue to pile up.[/QUOTE]

Well guys like Davis, Crabtree, Walker, and others need a guy that is able to read defenses and blitzs and get them the ball to actually show stats. When you have Smith getting out of the pocket when he can step up and just rolling right and throwing it away, it doesn't do good for anyone. Like I said I don't put sole blame on him but he is a huge part of the problem.

[quote name='dafoomie']Trent Edwards is available.[/QUOTE]

I think that is one of the few Qbs that would be a downgrade from Smith haha

[quote name='DomLando']I think that is one of the few Qbs that would be a downgrade from Smith haha[/QUOTE]

agreed.

i wouldnt mind if they could grab kolb since hes probably the only decent (supposedly) QB that would be on the market right now. and its not even clear that hes on the market. maybe for a 2nd round pick and carr or smith (troy). even if they were able to bring in a QB youre looking at someone who couldnt play for a few weeks (at least not well) and even then its going to take time to build a repertoire with the team.

Glad Raye is gone. There are a lot of people at fault for that shitty offense but is was time to get him out of there. Too bad they didn't let him go during the off season. Continuity doesn't mean shit if it's shitty play calling you are continuing to do.

Also I know a team should never "quit" on a game but watching Gore take all those unnecessary hits at the end of the game from runs and no gain check down throws was stupid. They should have taken him out and had Westbrook play during garbage time. Even before Morgan got hurt, I was pissed that Sing was fucking up Gore. If Sing can't turn this team around significantly they need to demote Sing to motivational speaker during the off season and get a new HC who knows what he is doing and not trying to learn on the job.

RIP The Ageless Wonder, George Blanda. I wonder if Chicago and Oakland (and through Oilers history, Tennessee) will have memorial helmet decals.

haven't really paid any attention to the Bears but they have Urlacher and Peppers??? damn when they get rolling it's going to be sick

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']please, 49er fans are going to start coming to games with bags over their heads. at least you guys have a win and scored a touchdown before that last minute of the game.[/QUOTE]

Good point but at 0-3 the 49ers are right in the middle of the division race! The NFC West is BAD. The Giants are in big trouble - they let an easily winnable game get away and they haven't played any division games yet which are always tough - factor those in and they are probably at 5 losses on the season already assuming a split (which happens a lot). Ugh.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I went to the Eagles/Jags game yesterday and if Vick keeps playing like taht I don't think Kolb will see the field anytime soon. Great game.[/QUOTE]

As long as the Eagles get to play crappy teams Vick should be OK. The Lions and the Jags aren't exactly powerhouse teams. I'd want to see him beat the Cowboys or even the Redskins this week. He has looked good though - he still has no touch on his throws but he can chuck it pretty far and his douchebag receivers can outrun just about any corner.

bread's done
Back