NFL 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread

Loved that redskins game...just wish mcnabb would have been a little bit more productive, but who cares, they actually beat the cowboys for once lol. Hopefully the start to a good year.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Loved that redskins game...just wish mcnabb would have been a little bit more productive, but who cares, they actually beat the cowboys for once lol. Hopefully the start to a good year.[/QUOTE]

If their defense plays like they did last night, they're at least going to be in most of their games.

I'm not a Skins fan, but living in DC I end up watching pretty much all of their games, and over the past few years this is definitely the type of game that the Skins would have found a way to lose, rather than the other way around.

Being from Detroit I don't really follow football anymore, but yesterday I played golf right in front of Jerome Bettis. Super friendly guy.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Great game by the Skins!!!! "Wide" Phillips can cry over his doughnuts in the morning.[/QUOTE]

The best you can come up with is fat jokes? So if it is okay to make fun of him for being fat, can I make fun of you for being black?

If that was a great game I hope all your games go like that this season. Playing like they did isn't going to even allow them to sniff winning the division.

[quote name='DomLando']New season, same Alex Smith...[/QUOTE]Plenty of blame to go around for yesterdays game. The o line and crab fucked up big too.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']
If that was a great game I hope all your games go like that this season. Playing like they did isn't going to even allow them to sniff winning the division.[/QUOTE]

I wonder what that says about the Cowboys' chances...

The Skins offense was nothing to write home about, but aside from a few blown coverages they were pretty good on defense the whole game. Granted, the Cowboys were playing with a pretty patchwork offensive line, which clearly made them adjust their gameplan.

That said, if McNabb can get on the same page as his receivers (easier said than done since there's not a lot of talent there) the Redskins should at least be competitive. I still think they're probably the worst team in the division on paper (though if that was the real Kevin Kolb we saw yesterday, that could change pretty quick), but they're not pushovers by any means.

[quote name='DT778']Plenty of blame to go around for yesterdays game. The o line and crab fucked up big too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree, but Smith made the same mistakes he has always made and I am fed up watching him make those same mistakes year after year.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']That's a dude who takes his sports a little too seriously :lol:[/QUOTE]

I had no feelings for either team and that call pissed me off. I have to give props to the Lions coach though. A lot of coaches would have made a big deal out of the call.

Baltimore's backed up to 3rd and 28, and the Jets get called for defensive holding? 5 yard penalty; automatic first down. What should have ended in a punt now will probably become a scoring drive. Stupid mistakes like that shouldn't be made, even by rookies.

And as I was typing that, Willis McGahee fumbled. LOL. I have the Ravens in my pick 'em league, but the NYJ defense is my one hope of breaking a 121-all tie in one of my head to head fantasy leagues. At least it gives me reason to care about a game between 2 teams I don't care about, other than being excited about football being back.

It needs to be said: Mark Sanchez is not anywhere in the vicinity of a competent NFL quarterback. The way the Jets D played, they should have won this game by twenty. One of the most inept offensive performances I've ever seen.

As a Pats fan, I like this. :D

Haha, I literally just posted in the Madden thread that that was one of the worst offensive performances I have ever seen- the whole offense, but especially Sanchez. The last pass defined it all:

"Hey, I caught the ball and there's room in front of me! I can clearly see the first down marker and I'm short of it. Should I keep running, or at least stick the ball out to try to cross the marker? Nah, this game's been boring. I'll just run out of bounds on my own a yard short of the first down."

Jets being investigated for harassment or something
the reporter Ines Sainz, tried "not to look anywhere"
I can see why :hot:
ines-sainz-02-7537big.jpg
4164726051_64d72323c6_b.jpg

[quote name='SEH']Hahahahahahahahaha @ the Jets.[/QUOTE]

I second that, and I'm going to repeat it again... fuck the Jets. It was a hilarious/pathetic showing...

Cocky bastards got what they deserved; just because you have a stacked team doesn't mean you're going to win it all. Rex Ryan is scum of the face of the earth. And now the harassment issue with the Mexican reporter... HA! Eat shit.

P.S. Lions did get robbed... :roll:

Really after the way the Jets have been crowing all off-season, they deserve every bit of piling on that they get at this point.

[quote name='Tony208']Jets being investigated for harassment or something
the reporter Ines Sainz, tried "not to look anywhere"
I can see why :hot:[/QUOTE]

Dat ass...

Jets can't blame this one on playing in Giants Stadium....well, they really still do play in Giants Stadium LOL!

Wow, lots of Jets haters here...

That was a horrible offensive showing, but hey it can't get any worse, right? If the defense shows up like that every game (except for stupid penalties and rookie mistakes) and I'm sure they will, they have a chance to win every week. I'm a little worried about Jenkins' injury though.

Back to the offense, it seems to me the Jets are scared of letting Sanchez throw the ball. Can't win games if the passing isn't there. He threw the ball like 12 times the first 3 quarters.

[quote name='bvharris']Jets passing yards - 74
Jets rushing yards - 116
Jets penalty yards - 125[/QUOTE]I'm happy to see that. While I wish the Ravens would have won by more points, I'll take any win we get. :D

I absolutely HATE NY teams, and when my team beats them I'm ecstatic. Only teams I hate more than them are the Colts/Pacers (which is why I'm so happy the Colts lost to the Texans).

Chiefs upset the Chargers eh? Doesn't look good for us Browns fans as I had the Cheifs as one of the 3 wins we'll have this season.

The NYJ defense won the game... for Baltimore. Irony.

Aside from the penalty fiasco, NYJ is going to need that defense because their offense looked like crap. Sanchez couldn't hit anybody, Shonn Greene produced a shit sandwich, and they only converted once on 11 third down attempts.

[quote name='QiG']Chiefs upset the Chargers eh? Doesn't look good for us Browns fans as I had the Cheifs as one of the 3 wins we'll have this season.[/QUOTE]

That looks to be the blueprint for the Chiefs this year.. Run, run, run. As a Jamaal Charles fantasy owner, I approve. :D

[quote name='bvharris']That looks to be the blueprint for the Chiefs this year.. Run, run, run. As a Jamaal Charles fantasy owner, I approve. :D[/QUOTE]

It's going to bite them in the ass though. Look at the game last night. At the start of the second half they became complacent and did nothing but run the ball resulting in a ton of three and outs. Them doing that allowed the Chargers to almost come back on them and at least tie the game, if not win it.

The Chiefs shouldn't play stupid when they've got a 14 point lead, but they cant just lie back either and run constantly. That puts tremendous amounts of pressure on their defense to get stops because their offense has decided to stop scoring.

I hate the Chargers and the hype they get on a yearly basis about how it's finally their year and whatnot, but last night was nothing more than a fluke win for the Chiefs.

Oh, I agree 100% that it's not a good strategy. I'm just saying that it looks like it is the strategy, and since my only investment in the Chiefs is as an owner of Charles, I like that plan. :D

Brandon Jackson didn't look bad against the Eagles.

Bad news for the Jets. Jenkins might be done for his career. The same torn ACL twice. He considered retiring after the first one last year. Good thing the Jets have a decent backup in Pouha.

That play where Ryan Grant tore his knee was straight nasty. You could tell from the slo-mo replay that he would be out for the year. Good thing I don't like the Packers.

[quote name='SEH']
I hate the Chargers and the hype they get on a yearly basis about how it's finally their year and whatnot, but last night was nothing more than a fluke win for the Chiefs.[/QUOTE]

The Chargers will not win anything until they replace Norv Turner.

Ryan Grant: :fridge:

On a fantasy note: I like how my 3 starting running backs combined got the same as my opponents kicker....(MTurner4 RRice5 RMatthews3) (MCrosby12

[quote name='JaxMoney']I second that, and I'm going to repeat it again... fuck the Jets. It was a hilarious/pathetic showing...

Cocky bastards got what they deserved; just because you have a stacked team doesn't mean you're going to win it all. Rex Ryan is scum of the face of the earth. And now the harassment issue with the Mexican reporter... HA! Eat shit.

P.S. Lions did get robbed... :roll:[/QUOTE]
J-E-T-S suck suck suck! Can't wait until next week (Pats @ Jets).

The harassment thing is BS though.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']The Chargers will not win anything until they replace Norv Turner.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought a few years ago, but it's actually been better. We just need to touch up our secondary and O-line, should be fine. So your statement isn't true... yesterday was a fucking big time fluke of ALL flukes... it was pooring cats and dogs out there with crazy wind.

And yeah, I have Ryan Grant in one of my leagues too... :( sucks ass. He's on my can't cut list too, fuck!

DAT ASS... :D hahaha

600full-ines-sainz.jpg

Giants > Jets

[quote name='JaxMoney']That's what I thought a few years ago, but it's actually been better. We just need to touch up our secondary and O-line, should be fine. So your statement isn't true... yesterday was a fucking big time fluke of ALL flukes... it was pooring cats and dogs out there with crazy wind.

[/QUOTE]

Technically they haven't won anything yet, so my statement is true. Norv Turner has been living off of the legacy of the 90's Cowboys for 15 years.

[quote name='MadForMadden']Superbowl picks?? Write this down, Baltimore vs. Green Bay....it's gonna be a fun year![/QUOTE]

Really going out on a limb there.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']That's a weak pick. Here's a Superbowl lock: Seattle and Kansas City. Bank on it. I mean, they're undefeated.[/QUOTE]

u mean chiefs and bears

What's with the Chiefs?? That was a flukey ass game in crazy weather. We'll see where they're at later in the season, but hats off to them for a big improvement... I like them over the Broncos and Raiders this year in the AFC West.

[quote name='dafoomie']J-E-T-S suck suck suck! Can't wait until next week (Pats @ Jets).[/QUOTE]

QFMFT! I can't tell you how many times I screamed "suck suck suck" after they did that annoying chant last night during the game. Patriots are going to slaughter the New Jersey Rats and I can't wait. Go Pats!

bread's done
Back