NFL 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread

People called me crazy for picking Houston. So far, I've picked every game correctly except for DEN/JAX, which was a 1 TD game. Not bad, since I usually suck at predictions.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What an awful second half that started with Mangini's questionable decision to keep Delhomme in the game when he's botherd by that foot and still passing a ton. It showed that he doesn't have enough confidence in Seneca Wallace to not give away the game to not risk further injury for Delhomme.[/QUOTE]

After that last interception of the first half it was a completely different game.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']The Bears got so lucky, and is Houston that good?[/QUOTE]
it looked more like the colts were just that bad. Foster was having his way with the D. The colts pass D is good but their running D is just plain pathetic.

on a side note, barry sanders sure didn't last long, not that i'm really surprised by that lol.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']The Bears got so lucky, and is Houston that good?[/QUOTE]Houston looked good that's for sure, but with only one game down, it's hard to say how good they're gonna be. Their front four had their way with the Colts O-line and the Texans' O-line paved gaping tunnels for Foster to run through. The final score wasn't indicative of the ass-whooping the Texans laid on the Colts.

The Browns knew what they were getting. Delhomme's been terrible for 2 years plus.

Flipping to the cardinals/Rams game during commercials from the Packers game to see Bradford, but Derek Anderson is tearing it up.

Mason Crosby kicked a career long 56 yard field goal to put the Packers up 13-3 at halftime. Slow start for both teams, but Philly has been able to get nothing done offensively.

I was switching to the Cardinals/Rams game during commercials, but I only saw Bradford throw one pass.

[quote name='Filbert']After that last interception of the first half it was a completely different game.[/QUOTE]
That doesn't make it okay to leave an injured QB in rather than bring in the back-up. Mangini gave the game away at that point by keeping him in. And this is the same coach that benched Brady Quinn for not doing well against two of the best defenses in the league last year.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Michael Vick has still got it.[/QUOTE]

I always believed Vick had potential to be an all time great if he spent more time refining his game esp the passing but instead he was doing well you know :bomb:

whenever you see a hole and you see vick, you know he's def going to run instead of pass

Except for when he could have run it for a first down or touchdown and decided to throw instead, LOL.

Packers win 27-20. That game got scary near the end. Michael Vick looked awesome. I know that, if Kevin Kolb is healthy, Andy Reid will go with him as the starter, but I think he'll regret that decision. Kolb did absolutely nothing while he was in the game, while Vick basically accounted for the Eagles' entire offense.

Good win for the Packers. Now I just hope that Ryan Grant is okay. Brandon Jackson stepped up this afternoon, but losing Grant would be a huge blow to the team.

The Texans might've finally turned the corner this year after knocking on the door for so long.

And does anyone still doubt the Patriots? Their offense anyway, their D shut down the Bengals passing game for a half but they're still really young.

I was really surprised he didn't run it, the old Vick def would've run first, pass second.

Those Lions got so screwed, anyone with a brain would see that and realize it was a touchdown. He has full possession with one fucking hand and he puts it on the ground so he can get back up but the refs rule it incomplete

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dafoomie']The Texans might've finally turned the corner this year after knocking on the door for so long.

And does anyone still doubt the Patriots? Their offense anyway, their D shut down the Bengals passing game for a half but they're still really young.[/QUOTE]

Nobody is doubting them. We just don't care about them.

For not having any points on the board the Cowboys have looked really good. They eventually have to put some points on the board because they have done a solid job moving up and down the field.

I'd just like to chime in since I just got back, Megatron got ridiculously ROBBED on that touchdown. Did the refs want him to get up and do a lap around the field with the ball to show them he had possession? He clearly set the ball down because in most cases, having both feet, your ass, and your elbows on the ground for five seconds with nobody touching you is considered good.

Absolutely horrendous officiating on that one.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Good job, Dallas. What a stupid play.[/QUOTE]

That's Jason Garrett for you. He always does a great job calling really stupid plays. What the fuck was he thinking?

[quote name='SEH']I'd just like to chime in since I just got back, Megatron got ridiculously ROBBED on that touchdown. Did the refs want him to get up and do a lap around the field with the ball to show them he had possession? He clearly set the ball down because in most cases, having both feet, your ass, and your elbows on the ground for five seconds with nobody touching you is considered good.

Absolutely horrendous officiating on that one.[/QUOTE]

It's the rule the NFL has on the books. The rule is dumb as shit.

When a runner breaks the plane and loses the ball, it's a touchdown. But a receiver can have have possession in the end zone and not have it count?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']That's Jason Garrett for you. He always does a great job calling really stupid plays. What the fuck was he thinking?[/QUOTE]

What happened, I turned it on just in time for the tiny football league.

That was an absolute horrible no call. Where the fuck was the intentional grounding call? Romo gets hit with it all the time and I never see anyone else get stuck with it whenever they do it. It is fucking bullshit.

Edit: I retract my complaint.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Nobody is doubting them. We just don't care about them.[/QUOTE]

Speak for yourself. Pats looked like they can contend this year with some of the best teams, the score could've easily been 59-24. I think the defense let their guard down once they got that huge lead. Bring on the Jets.

[quote name='J7.']Speak for yourself. Pats looked like they can contend this year with some of the best teams, the score could've easily been 59-24. I think the defense let their guard down once they got that huge lead. Bring on the Jets.[/QUOTE]

They played the Bengals...just sayin'. No matter how much hype they get, they'll always be the Bengals.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']fucking Alex Barron. I never thought fucking someone could be worse than Flozell. Go eat a fucking dick you ass.[/QUOTE]

The hold allowed romo to have that time.

[quote name='gbpackers94']The hold allowed romo to have that time.[/QUOTE]

True if it wasn't for the hold it would have been a sack!

I caught the last few minutes of the 2nd quarter and then the rest of the Cowboys/Redskins game. That was pretty boring for the most part, but the last drive was really fun to watch. I'm happy that the Cowboys lost, even though they were only my second incorrect pick after Denver in my weekly pick 'em (12-2 so far).

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Great game by the Skins!!!! [/QUOTE]

Can't wait for that great offense to play against the Texans next week.

I'm sure 13 won't be enough to beat them.

Sorry, I'm not 12-2. I'm 11-3 heading into Monday's action. I picked wrong on Denver (lost by 7), Dallas (lost by 6), and St. Louis (lost by 4). I'm fucking good.

[quote name='SEH']They played the Bengals...just sayin'. No matter how much hype they get, they'll always be the Bengals.[/QUOTE]

At one point it was 31-3 until the Pats defense let up and let the Bengals hold the ball for the entire 3rd quarter. Faulk dropped a pass that was an easy td, Brady passed up an easy td pass, two missed field goals, penalty that caused them to lose another td. If they can do that well and create that many opportunities against a good team, it's not crazy to think they could put up a good fight against some of the best teams. Did you see the game?

[quote name='SEH']They played the Bengals...just sayin'. No matter how much hype they get, they'll always be the Bengals.[/QUOTE]

The Bengals were a playoff team last year.. I'm assuming this means you're not hanging your hat on the Dolphins barely beating the Bills?

I don't think anyone expected the Patriots to win so convincingly, it was definitely a big statement for them, particularly on defense.

[quote name='bvharris']The Bengals were a playoff team last year.. I'm assuming this means you're not hanging your hat on the Dolphins barely beating the Bills?

I don't think anyone expected the Patriots to win so convincingly, it was definitely a big statement for them, particularly on defense.[/QUOTE]
They're always the Bungles no matter what. They put no effort into their last game of 2010 since they already clinched their playoff spot even though they could determine who their opponent would be, so they let the Jets kill them, gain momentum, and the chance to play the Bungles again. The following week, they were beaten by the Jets in the first round of the playoffs when the outcome really mattered because of their dumb decision to give up the previous week.

They can't win or be successful without being the Bungles and still deserving mockery. I have no expectations for Cincy because they'll always find a way to fall short.

Randy Moss should go to the Bengals, the diva trio will be complete and exciting to watch

If only Michael Vick passes as good as he runs and runs as good as he passes
I see Vince Young developing into that kind of QB

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Hurricane Randy is also headed for New England, or at least that's what it sounds like from his comments after the game.[/QUOTE]

He does at least one or two of those a year. I don't really expect at this point that he'll be back with the Pats next year. But I also don't expect that he's going to sulk and let it affect his play on the field. After all, he is playing for his next contract.

bread's done
Back