NFL 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread

This needs to be said.

T. Jackson is officially the Vikings House $$$$a. How long are you going to let Farve screw you over like that? He gets a free pass up until the first pre-season game before letting anyone know whats going on and Jackson doesnt say a word.

It might simply be because the vikings are still his best chance to start but how can you not be upset over being pulled in and out like that? He is a decent guy who can compete for a starting spot on one of the teams that have questions at QB. But waiting around for farve makes him look like a bitch.

[quote name='Soodmeg']This needs to be said.

T. Jackson is officially the Vikings House $$$$a. How long are you going to let Farve screw you over like that? He gets a free pass up until the first pre-season game before letting anyone know whats going on and Jackson doesnt say a word.

It might simply be because the vikings are still his best chance to start but how can you not be upset over being pulled in and out like that? He is a decent guy who can compete for a starting spot on one of the teams that have questions at QB. But waiting around for farve makes him look like a bitch.[/QUOTE]

tavaris can only benefit from playing behind favre for these two seasons. theres no question he has talent, why rush it?

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Yeah like the game actually matters, its preseason man, don't get too excited. [/QUOTE]
I was being sarcastic. Getting upset because a team put up a lot of points is silly.

[quote name='dafoomie']I was being sarcastic. Getting upset because a team put up a lot of points is silly.[/QUOTE]

I am not getting upset, it was just a dumbass comment you made.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']I am not getting upset, it was just a dumbass comment you made.[/QUOTE]

He wasn't saying you were getting upset. His comment was sarcastic, and he's saying people who actually complain about the thing he was joking about complaining about are being silly.

Clearer? :D

That was an amazing victory by the Packers last night. I know it was only preseason, but 59-24 over the defending AFC Champions? That's pretty fantastic.

The Browns are doing well so far against Detroit. The only mistake they've made is the Harrison fumble, which was pretty close to not being a fumble on the replay. Hillis is a beast, Cribbs is getting better each week as a WR, and Delhomme is doing well as the offense's leader so far this pre-season. The defense is doing well to capitalize on mistakes, though Stafford's throwing a lot of good passes to his receivers. Their run defense is doing really well so far, though this is still Detroit. Now they're starting the second half with more PI calls.

I hope Nick Sorenson isn't hurt as badly as he looked. The latest news was that he was able to move his arms and legs at the hospital, so it seems good so far without any specific diagnosis yet.

Edit: The second team defense stunk, so Detroit just scored at will in the second half. The two fumbles in the fourth quarter by Evan Moore and McCoy didn't help either, but it was clear that there was a drop in skill on defense in the second half. They really need to work on the penalties, as they gave Detroit more and more opportunities to score on the goalline. That's probably one of the biggest issues from last year that doesn't look to have changed much in the pre-season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chargers at Saints was fun to watch last night, especially that first Saints TD reception that was bobbled around and then snared. Watched some of Falcons/Dolphins. No Niners/Raiders tonight because of the UFC PPV. Steelers vs. Broncos is the Sunday night game tomorrow. I do want to see Tebow.

The Broncos/Steelers game began with a video montage to portray Ben Roethlisberger/Sinner vs. Tim Tebow/Holy Man. What the hell was Fox thinking? It's the pre-season.

I hadn't seen Fox's new look for football and it sucks. I'm watching on an SDTV and I can only see half of the scoreboard.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I hadn't seen Fox's new look for football and it sucks. I'm watching on an SDTV and I can only see half of the scoreboard.[/QUOTE]

I know. It's ridiculous. The MLB broadcasts are the same way. I hope enough people complain to the point where Fox figures it out before the MLB playoffs and NFL regular season start.

Pats lost Bodden for the entire season. Injuries plaguing New England this year for every sport. Brady is going to have to carry this team. He's showing a lot of leadership though.

I'm guessing that the season-ending injury to Montario Hardesty meant that Chris Jennings wouldn't be cut since he's had an awful pre-season. They have some depth with Harrison, Hillis, and James Davis at running back, so it shouldn't be a huge loss.

I don't get why Whisenhunt would be so confident to just have Derek Anderson and two rookies for his only QB options. That could be a disaster if Derek isn't able to get back to his 2007 form with the great targets he has there.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Anyone else draft TJ Houz? Any guesses on who he will play for this year?[/QUOTE]

Best guess is... Redskins, Vikings, Rams, Bucs, OR Panthers.

In playing condition? Sure. At the top of his game? Probably not but I doubt he was just sitting, letting his skills diminish as he was holding out.

[quote name='DT778']In playing condition? Sure. At the top of his game? Probably not but I doubt he was just sitting, letting his skills diminish as he was holding out.[/QUOTE]

That's what I meant. Rarely do you see a player in this situation who comes out looking really good. Look at Mr. Haynesworth in Washington "fresh off" his 30 lb. weight loss with no offseason workout. He's not playing all that great, even by preseason standards.

Revis will be back to his game in no time. He's not a 300 lb defensive lineman. What I don't get is why hold out for this long to get only 46 million over 4 years? That's hardly even close to what he's demanding. He should have never held out in the first place. Nevertheless, I'm glad he's back.

My late predictions (An asterisk indicates wild card winner):

AFC East
New York Jets
New England Patriots *
Miami Dolphins
Buffalo Bills

AFC North
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals *
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cleveland Browns

AFC South
Indianapolis Colts
Houston Texans
Tennessee Titans
Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC West
San Diego Chargers
Denver Broncos
Oakland Raiders
Kansas City Chiefs

NFC East
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins

NFC North
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings *
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions

NFC South
New Orleans Saints
Atlanta Falcons *
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Carolina Panthers

NFC West
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks
St. Louis Rams
Arizona Cardinals

Playoffs
Wild Card Round

AFC
Jets over Bengals
Patriots over Chargers

NFC
Cowboys over Falcons
Vikings over 49ers

Divisional Round

AFC
Ravens over Patriots
Colts over Jets

NFC
Packers over Vikings
Saints over Cowboys

Conference Championship

AFC
Ravens over Colts

NFC
Packers over Saints

Super Bowl
Packers over Ravens

I hadn't seen it before, but they showed pics of Favre's thigh and ankle three days after the pounding he took in the NFC Championship game. Holy fuck.

I had to cringe when Farve went for that dump off pass that got intercepted by Vilma. The exact second his arm moved into a throwing motion I thought to myself "Don't do it"... and he did. Loved the hit on Harvin as soon as he caught that ball, and Brees can really thread the needle with some of his throws.

A damn fine game to open the season and showcase the NFL once again. Now it's time to see how my Browns are gonna fare against the Bucs on Sunday.

Cleveland's defense is playing well today from the one drive I've seen. Granted it's Josh Freeman, but this is also the same team that was in a shootout with Matt Stafford last year.

It's a good thing that Tampa's secondary may not be that good, as Delhomme's throwing some dangerous passes that has at least gotten them one touchdown so far.

Wes Welker's amazing. Glad to see him back on the field.

Edit: Damn, just as I post that, a guy goes down with a horrifying knee injury. Hopefully the Texans' Connor Barwin is able to make a full return. That was incredibly nasty.

So pissed that I'm not in Nashville watching the Raiders-Titans game. More pissed that Raiders aren't doing their best today.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Patriots are schooling the Bumgirls. I love it. :D[/QUOTE]I kinda wish I could see that game with a PIP of TO in the corner. Gonna be interesting how that move is gonna turn out for the Bengals.

Edit: Texans laying a whooping on the Colts. O-Line is porous and the D is getting shredded in the second half. I guess fans should heed the Super Bowl loser hangover curse.

Last edited by a moderator:
that was just pathetic...couldn't stop the texans running game to save our lives. guess you are right steve, hopefully next week they'll have taken some asprin.

What an awful second half that started with Mangini's questionable decision to keep Delhomme in the game when he's botherd by that foot and still passing a ton. It showed that he doesn't have enough confidence in Seneca Wallace to not give away the game to not risk further injury for Delhomme.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
It's a good thing that Tampa's secondary may not be that good, as Delhomme's throwing some dangerous passes that has at least gotten them one touchdown so far.[/QUOTE]

Barber is so great. Too bad he couldn't get the TD after the pick.

Bucs win!

\\:D/

bread's done
Back