Ninja Gaiden II - Gen. Discussion & Info - No Longer A X360 Exclusive Title

I'd like to get those costumes but something tells me there's code in the packs that changes one's XBL motto to "Techmo's bitch".

[quote name='CouRageouS']600 pts for skins? You must be ballin' to be able to afford those.[/quote]
with that coupon from target and the sale on 1600 point cards, everyone should be able to ball..... I've had 9000 points+ for a while.

anyone know anything about a "required update" for ninja gaiden 2, just put my game in and was prompted. I dont wanna update it to some BS that I may not agree with

[quote name='NegativeZero']anyone know anything about a "required update" for ninja gaiden 2, just put my game in and was prompted. I dont wanna update it to some BS that I may not agree with[/quote]

I got the update but what BS may you be refering to?

HOW DO I BEAT THE CHAPTER 2 BOSS?!

Chapter 1: "Hey NG2, you're fun and manageable!
Chap. 2 boss: "What the fuck NG2? I thought we were friends!"

[quote name='lawlflip']HOW DO I BEAT THE CHAPTER 2 BOSS?!

Chap. 2 boss: "What the fuck NG2? I thought we were friends!"[/quote]

If you think thats hard just wait until CH7....If thats the werewolf level

The ArchFiend after Dagra Dai is handing me my ass. I am horrible shooting arrowns to stun him. Anyone got any tips?

I haven't popped this game in much since I bought it, guess it's time to go back to my 360 after my quick Guild Wars addiction. Hope my console gaming skills aren't gone. (NG2 and GoW)

[quote name='TC']The ArchFiend after Dagra Dai is handing me my ass. I am horrible shooting arrowns to stun him. Anyone got any tips?[/quote]

Yet the game auto aim the arrow for you (Fully charged), once the ArchFiend is stunned shoot two Voids at him repeat

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lawlflip']HOW DO I BEAT THE CHAPTER 2 BOSS?!

Chap. 2 boss: "What the fuck NG2? I thought we were friends!"[/QUOTE]

What difficulty are you on? This is one of the tougher bosses but is manageable if you have an upgraded Dragon Sword or the Staff to level two. I reccomend the flying swallow with the dragon sword. Also I believe you get a Necklace of the Thousand Lives or whatever the hell it's called, SAVE IT until that boss has you about down to nothing, it will restore all your health and make your health bar longer as well. That's what I did and I beat him the first time on Warrior.

Saw this on magic-box.com

X B O X 3 6 0

- Microsoft will release 25 new missions for Ninja Gaiden II on July 25, 2008, for 800 Microsoft points.

I can has achievements???

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Saw this on magic-box.com

X B O X 3 6 0

- Microsoft will release 25 new missions for Ninja Gaiden II on July 25, 2008, for 800 Microsoft points.

I can has achievements???[/QUOTE]

Damn 25? Hell i'll buy that if true

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']There is a rumor that the mission pack dlc is something already on the disc (the NG 2 guide says you unlock it when you finish the game).[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't be surprised

NG2 recently had an update and now everyones game is freezing at a Chapter 10 cutscene, Happened to me tonight. Just thought i would make a thread so people dont have to deal with the update and play it offline for now.

Patch is supposively coming Monday.

Broken? How is it broken? I went through the entire game and the only glitch I found was random loading times and a couple of worms would disappear and reappear.

Im thinking of picking this puppy up from gamefly. How long does it take to beat on the easiest setting? Is it easy on the easiest setting?

[quote name='strdr4']Broken? How is it broken? I went through the entire game and the only glitch I found was random loading times and a couple of worms would disappear and reappear.[/QUOTE]

Same here, worst I ran into was a disappearing bird that I could hear but not kill. Caused me to have to restart to the last save. Thankfully didn't hit that chapter ten glitch.

[quote name='strdr4']Broken? How is it broken? I went through the entire game and the only glitch I found was random loading times and a couple of worms would disappear and reappear.[/QUOTE]

There is supposedly a lot of glitches. The only ones I can remember was the game ending bug you described and a couple of times enemies got stuck in corners. But really, the game has so many technical flaws that are apparent on when you play through Mentor and Path of the Master Ninja. Slowdown (which totally screws up your timing), terrible camera angles, and someone who had the brilliant idea to have ninja constantly throw exploding shurikens at you (which is further hampered by the first two points) are the main problems. It's certainly beatable, just that everything is an uphill battle due to poor design.

[quote name='Man of Ice']I got around to trying it a little bit and I think I hate being spammed with projectiles and crap flying all over the damn place, however I'm still finding lots of places where it's fun. My friend reviewed the game and he felt similar about it.[/quote]

Granted I haven't even beaten it yet (stopped when MGS4 came out and never went back) but from what i played the only thing I found cheap were those soldiers with the rocket pods. there were times where I would get drilled and there be virtually nothing I could do. :bomb:

Great game though, I really need to get back into it. I stopped at the jungle/mountain place where it starts to rain blood.

The way they went about it with the health system this time around was really nice.

I just picked this up as a rental, but have read about problems with the update for the game. Should I decline the update when I finally start to play? Or is it messed up from the get go?

Oh yeah, there are plenty of glitches in this game. Fortunately none of it has ended the game for me, but it is rather irritating. I did have one close call: In Chapter 5 - The Aqua Capital City, I was swimming through the canals, and for some reason I started swimming below the canal floors. I was curious to see how far down I could go, but I hadn't saved in a long time, so I didn't want to screw the game up.

Has anyone played through Mission Mode yet? I'm going to get them once my MS points come in the mail, but I wanted to see what people's impressions were on them.

And I concur regarding rocket-firing enemies. Fork-in-the-eye annoying.

[quote name='s00pNAZi']Im thinking of picking this puppy up from gamefly. How long does it take to beat on the easiest setting? Is it easy on the easiest setting?[/quote]

On the easiest setting I wouldn't say the game is either hard or easy. The word to describe it is annoying. For every fun point in the game, there's a part where you are getting TONS of guys with automatic rocket launchers owning you, or exploding shurikens/kamikaze enemies keeping you from moving.

Don't get me wrong, overall the game is very good, but sometimes it makes me want to pull my hair out :bomb:

Up to Chapter 4 on Mentor, and jesus christ is it annoying. Being spammed by incendiary ninja, rocket pods, and the like is very nerve-wracking.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Up to Chapter 4 on Mentor, and jesus christ is it annoying. Being spammed by incendiary ninja, rocket pods, and the like is very nerve-wracking.[/QUOTE]

That was a major problem, no real counter for those rocket pods and it just kept getting worse. When I finally got to the regular monsters and zombies I have never been happier.

I got this game back close to release, almost day of release. Played the heck out of it, then just recently went back where I left off the end of chap 12, and I think it has gotten ridiculously hard. You have to fight 3 bosses and 1 boss is doubled up. I have no life kits, magic power. I am almost at the point of just selling or trading it, just hate to give up on a game, I have never given up before on a game due to it just being to hard, I usually even beat a game I am bored of it.

[quote name='mercilessming']I got this game back close to release, almost day of release. Played the heck out of it, then just recently went back where I left off the end of chap 12, and I think it has gotten ridiculously hard. You have to fight 3 bosses and 1 boss is doubled up. I have no life kits, magic power. I am almost at the point of just selling or trading it, just hate to give up on a game, I have never given up before on a game due to it just being to hard, I usually even beat a game I am bored of it.[/QUOTE]

Game isn't really the type you can just let sit around for a month or two. You let your skills weaken then came back to the harder levels. It got a little hairy around the end but I didn't encounter anything that ever made me go i'm going to quit , throw a controller maybe but not quit.

I just opened this game last night after getting it when it was on sale for $10 at Best Buy a few weeks ago. It can be pretty challenging at points, even on Acolyte. That chapter 2 boss forced me to use all my health potions to beat it.

I don't know how much time I'll get to spend with this game due to having so much else to play, but I like it so far. It's well worth the $10 I spent.

a few months back i was stuck at the tunnel right before you fight Dagra Dai on master ninja because the screen would go blank and the xbox would crash when i hit the cut scene. i had too wait for a update to fix the problem.

as mentioned above, incendiary ninja and rocket pods were a big issue because there was way too many. but i found a good way to kill the incendiary ninjas, use the scythe and press A, X, Y, Y. they cant really hit you while you are spinning in the air. hope this helps.

Oh boy another "Only on 360" game going to PS3. No suprise though there since Sigma came out on the PS3.

Seems like all the good games will be timed exclusives from here on out as is.

Yeah no real surprise, I wonder what will be added this time around. Maybe the ninpo will be tweaked so it doesn't suck this time .

[quote name='thrustbucket']I am really not sure how this happened, especially since Microsoft is/was the Publisher. That's like Gears going to PS3.[/quote]
Maybe the reason is that MS published Ninja Gaiden II while this is Ninja Gaiden Sigma II, the sequel to Ninja Gaiden Sigma?

These guys are saying the improvements/additions are:

- It will be an upgraded version of Ninja Gaiden 2 (not a direct port).
- Set to release in Autumn 2009.
- The magazine will be reporting new elements in upcoming issues.
- New weapon - spiked hammer “Genma”.
- New giant boss battles that were not in the 360 version.
- New playable character - female ninja Ayane.
- The game is 50% done.

bread's done
Back