Ninja Gaiden II - Gen. Discussion & Info - No Longer A X360 Exclusive Title

[quote name='zewone']Did anyone get the preorder code? It's supposed to unlock 5 varations of this costume: Looks sick. I guess you can buy the pack for 200 points in July if you missed out:

ninja-gaiden-ii-20080508003822894.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Those preorder codes were for Europe only. And yet there will be like 5 different packs of new costumes for DL in July for 200 points each.

Silky smooth, blood and guts, and pretty top notch graphics.. So Far I am towards the end of the 2nd chapter. Chopping limbs off you can see blood squirting from the exposed wounds and they keep coming with one arm and a sword, same for dimembered Leg they will "1 leg" towards you to fight.

Being Played over HDMI on a Samsung 52" a550 model lcd at 1080p.

It is a fun game I am having a blast playing it. Camera Angles problems aren't bad you can hit the RT anytime to make the camera swing in behind VERY quickly. You get acheivements pretty fast in the game 5 points each move you learn and successfully execute.

Sound is above par, you hear the full range of 5.1 surround, have heard better surround in other games, but isn't bad.

You start with the Sword and I have gotten the staff and claws, and leveled up the Lunar Staff. So far the lunar staff is my favorite of the 3 weapons I have gotten.. Holding the "Y" to build up the super attack is awesome fun, "whirlwind" of blood, swirling weaponry and violence.

Does seem to be easier than the first Ninja Gaiden, but if you like God of wars, conan, first ninja gaiden and other hack and slash game but want something with alittle more depth and challenge this game is a buy. For others when it gets cheap second hand,I cann't everyone with a 360 somehow enjoying it.

I still await the demo due to the problems I read about the camera. Plus, I haven't played a Ninja Gaiden since the NES. :oops:

Camera problems? You guys must either:

A.) Don't know how to assess the situation.

or

B.) Haven't played NG, NGB, or NGS.

Camera angles are nothing to complain about in this magnificent game. It does not detract from the quality of the gameplay. Keep playing, stop whining, and stop playing on Acolyte.

The OP will need to update the topic. The demo is now available for Xbox Live Gold members.

Availability: Canada and United States
Dash Text: [ESRB: M (Mature) BLOOD AND GORE,INTENSE VIOLENCE,PARTIAL NUDITY,SUGGESTIVE THEMES] The wait is over… Play as Ryu Hayabusa and experience the frenetic combat of Ninja Gaiden II. NGII launches the first week in June worldwide! Select English or Japanese voice with subtitles in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Korean, Japanese, or Trad. Chinese.

Link:
http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/06/07/demo-ninja-gaiden-ii-playable-canada-and-us.aspx

Do they all have the cardboard sleeves?

Debating whether or not to open the copy I have now so I can return my .com order back to BestBuy.

[quote name='sasukekun']Do they all have the cardboard sleeves?

Debating whether or not to open the copy I have now so I can return my .com order back to BestBuy.[/quote]

Did yours not come with one? I saw a stack of them with cardboard slip covers when I picked them up at Fred Meyer.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Did yours not come with one? I saw a stack of them with cardboard slip covers when I picked them up at Fred Meyer.[/QUOTE]

It had a cardboard sleeve. I thought it might be some exclusive copy from Best Buy.

I've seen the cardboard sleeves at a couple of places. Looking at the leaderboards...I REALLY think this game tanked, and it's sorta surprising really.

[quote name='KingBroly']I've seen the cardboard sleeves at a couple of places. Looking at the leaderboards...I REALLY think this game tanked, and it's sorta surprising really.[/quote]

Let's wait for the official NPD numbers to determine that. ;)

Well I have 95 friends who have their XBox hooked up to the internet and only 1 has the game so I have to agree. Plus when I got my copy as a walk-in Wednesday night at Gamestop (canceled my CC.com pre-order because they hadn't shipped it by 6 p.m. Wednesday) they probably had 20-30 copies sitting in the case behind the register.

Any tips on beating Alexi at the end of chapter 4? I can't get close enough to him to do any damage and I don't see how his attacks can be dodged.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Let's wait for the official NPD numbers to determine that. ;)[/quote]

Considering I'm done with Chapter 4 on Acolyte and am in the top 25,000...I doubt this will crack the top 10. And I rented it.

[quote name='seanr1221']Why all the camera hate? Maybe I'm not picky enough.[/QUOTE]

It's like... the one thing about the game that isn't absolutely perfect. It's not awful or anything... just sticks out given how good everything else is.

This game had better be selling well...

[quote name='anomynous']What happened to all those costumes that were supposed to be out as DLC?[/quote]
Coming out in July, reportedly.

I really like this game, just picked it up tonight and am a little ways into Chapter 3. I don't mind the camera as much as some of you do. I don't see it as being a problem at all, it's just not a fixed camera so you have to manuever it a bit sometimes.

[quote name='Razzuel']That water dragon on chapter 5 is lame.[/quote]

Are you having trouble with him?

Right at the start of the match he uses this one attack that leaves him vulnerable for a moment. Just hammer the balls out of his face and you'll win easy.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Are you having trouble with him?

Right at the start of the match he uses this one attack that leaves him vulnerable for a moment. Just hammer the balls out of his face and you'll win easy.[/quote]

I said fuck trying to run on water and attack him, so I just stayed on the platform at the start of the match and shot arrows at his head.

[quote name='Chacrana']It's like... the one thing about the game that isn't absolutely perfect. It's not awful or anything... just sticks out given how good everything else is.

This game had better be selling well...[/QUOTE]

fuck it...it's all Hayashi Gaiden from here on out.

If it is selling like shit, it's a sign of the times...the casuals are taking over. even "hardcore" gaming is way more casual. NGII is like 8-bit style punishment (except you don't die when you miss a jump.) Even worse is that no reviewer noticed the difference between this game and the last one. Not so shocking that subtlety is lost on a gamer, but still...I blame it all on WiiFit.

I'm only on Chapter 3 but this is the ultimate action game. I think its an accomplishment for its sense of speed alone. It feels like the Burnout of the action genre. You do have to quickly move the camera around (right trigger) but I much prefer doing that to some of the static (stuck camera) environments of DMC4...I'd prefer to have control over it. I'm not sure how you could say this game hasn't improved graphically because the sense of detail in the environments has definitely improved greatly. I don't understand the off screen projectile comments because if you are shooting shit at me you know I'm coming for you first. The combat is still as satisfying as ever and the game rewards you if you really learn your combos and techniques. I fail to see how this game wouldn't score 90's or higher across the board but it seems as though people don't want to die in video games anymore. They want to completely destroy everything and blow through a game with ease. I love this fucking game.

I'm in chapter 3 (fighting the metal worm boss.) I can't touch this guy without getting shocked, I guess you have to attack from a distance with arrows.

Anyways as much as I love this game I'm glad I rented it. Hopefully I can beat it before MGS4 comes out.

[quote name='Apossum']fuck it...it's all Hayashi Gaiden from here on out.

If it is selling like shit, it's a sign of the times...the casuals are taking over. even "hardcore" gaming is way more casual. NGII is like 8-bit style punishment (except you don't die when you miss a jump.) Even worse is that no reviewer noticed the difference between this game and the last one. Not so shocking that subtlety is lost on a gamer, but still...I blame it all on WiiFit.[/QUOTE]

I also saw it as a sign of the times that the reviewers slammed the game for doing nothing new... kinda depressing to think about what the industry will be like even a year from now if skill-based games are becoming frowned upon.

[quote name='Chacrana']I also saw it as a sign of the times that the reviewers slammed the game for doing nothing new... kinda depressing to think about what the industry will be like even a year from now if skill-based games are becoming frowned upon.[/QUOTE]

Skill is dead. Score will be replaced by a BMI counter. Killing shit for fun will be replaced by superficial self-improvement that you can attain by running around the block or doing push ups and sit ups irl. Skill will be replaced by waggle. The apocalypse is nigh.

on a side note, the Kusari-gara is amazing at level 3. The werewolves go down so fast with it. The Godot ninjas at the end of chapter 6 are a lot of fun to fight.

This game is crazy so far. In a way, it's not like NG1 at all. The combat and controls are basically the same, but OTs, the increased speed, the new scoring system, and the weapon set (which is the best in any game ever btw) make it feel completely new.

The test of valor on chapter 7 is fucking difficult.

Alright this armadillo is fucked up.
I had half health and the bastard blew up and still killed me. This boss is so fucking wrong. I had to use ninpo right before he exploded to survive.

The mediocre reviews had me worried, but I fucking LOVED the demo. I'll be picking this one up soon.

Screw the reviews, this game is awesome. I've had ONE case where the camera went wonky on me. I hit R, and all was good.

Scythe = :drool:

[quote name='jkam']I don't understand the off screen projectile comments because if you are shooting shit at me you know I'm coming for you first. [/QUOTE]

You haven't progressed far enough.

Tell me how much you like off screen projectiles in Chapter 12.

I hate this game's fascination with rocket launchers.

What the hell, this cave worm is lame.

Finally killed the damn thing.

[quote name='Rodimus']The sickle + ball n'chain thing looks like alot of fun. Anyone get any hands-on fun with it yet?[/QUOTE]

yep. wasn't so hot on it at level 1, but I leveled it to 3 and now it completely kicks ass. takes limbs off like nothing and has incredible reach. it leaves you pretty vulnerable as a result.

Finished! Jesus. The last stretch is fuckin BRUTAL...like, insane.

With the armadillo, just block when he's ready to blow up. If you don't you'll die no matter how much health you have.

And if you care to have some serious spoilage that will upset you greatly,
in a later chapter you fight 2 armadillos at the same time, and they're not nerfed in any way

[quote name='TahoeMax']Finished! Jesus. The last stretch is fuckin BRUTAL...like, insane.

With the armadillo, just block when he's ready to blow up. If you don't you'll die no matter how much health you have.

And if you care to have some serious spoilage that will upset you greatly,
in a later chapter you fight 2 armadillos at the same time, and they're not nerfed in any way
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the last chapter is ridiculous. I probably died on that chapter than all the others combined. It netted me the continue 100 times achievement though! :D

About your spoiler.
I think they're actually harder the second time around. They start off ablaze.

The armadillos are probably the easiest part of the game.
Only takes a couple of uncharged exploding kunai to the head and they die so fast. It's nearly impossible for them to hit you if you do this.

I just beat chapter 4 and I'm not really liking it so far. As many naysayers have said already, the game is quite simply too cheap. The camera is way to close to the action leaving far too much offscreen. I remember people complaining about the DMC camera, but it was never this bad. Since I hadn't played the earlier Ninja Gaidens (except the rather good DS game) I wasn't entirely sure what to expect, but a lot of people have said that it's like DMC, but better. But I'm finding it worse in every way. There's no double jump and the block and dodge mechanic seems rather ineffective at dodging the lighting bolts some of these boss enemies shoot at you. Now that I think about it, projectile weapons are probably this game's biggest problem. A close up camera worked fine in God Hand, but here you primarily use melee weapons, yet the enemies use both melee and projectiles. It's a bit like DMC in reverse where I feel too restricted. But maybe it just has a steep learning curve (why, oh why did I pick path of the Warrior my first time?). Though I still have no friggin' clue how I was supposed to dodge hardly any of the level 3 and 4 bosses' attacks other than constant rolling, jumping, and blind luck.

NG2 is a shitty game compared to its predecessor. The game lacks imagination, in everything from story to boss strategy.

I heard that NG2 took 2 years to develop, while the first took 5? That would explain it.

someone should change the title the demos out now in the US but you have to be a gold member to get it . I got it this weekend and played through acolyte mode real fast.

I grabbed the demo on Saturday and played through it. This was my first NG game besides the NES ones. While I like the actual combat mechanics, the camera is all but competely busted. Having to fiddle with it constantly and trying to fight really sucks. When you are in a relatively open area it's fine since you can basically just roll away to get your orientation back, but some of the hallway with corner fights were completely frustrating.

As I said, I never played the first "new" NG game on Xbox so I really have nothing to compare this to besides other brawlers (God of War being the most recent one I have played), but this seems like a rental to me.

bread's done
Back