Ninja Gaiden II - Gen. Discussion & Info - No Longer A X360 Exclusive Title

I thought I'd try something new and not stick with the DS throughout the game. Somehow, the Lunar is very appealing to me. I'd like to see more games use weapons like this. It's like Monkey King!

I just beat the 3rd boss on Warrior. Such a hard game already. I got owned a number of times on him and only got him thanks to a desperation fire ninpo with essentially no health left that smacked him hard in the face.

Well I'll break the chain of "amazing" with holy crap the camera is brutal. I mean I expected it to be slightly difficult because of all the reviews but I normally have no problems with bad cameras. I remember struggling with the original Ninja Gaidens camera but got the hang of it after awhile. This one seems worse, either by the environmental design or I'm just out of practice. The first chapter of the game is basically you walking down hallways and getting blindsided by enemies waiting in side corridors you can't even tell are there.

The camera seemed fine to me. The thing I noticed is that the camera perspective seems to be pulled a little bit further back than in the original NG or NGB.

[quote name='danked']you can start on master?, I restarted on warrior and it was a bit better at lest I came close to dieing[/quote]

I meant Warrior, it was late last night. Sorry.

I think people notice the camera more because of the abundant number of enclosed spaces and blind corners.

Has anyone had any buggy things happen? I had the game pause and "loading" appeared on the screen for a few seconds. Also had the screen go completely white for a few seconds.

yea, game is pretty difficult. stuck on the Chapter 2 boss right now.

only problem I had was a cutscene froze on me because a friend sent a message..

[quote name='NidoGod']Well I'll break the chain of "amazing" with holy crap the camera is brutal. I mean I expected it to be slightly difficult because of all the reviews but I normally have no problems with bad cameras. I remember struggling with the original Ninja Gaidens camera but got the hang of it after awhile. This one seems worse, either by the environmental design or I'm just out of practice. The first chapter of the game is basically you walking down hallways and getting blindsided by enemies waiting in side corridors you can't even tell are there.[/QUOTE]

well, now you know they're there for next time. I think everyone knows NG1 by heart because everything people are complaining about in NG2 are things that pissed people off about NG1, but eventually stopped caring about.

Anyone else read the Wall Street Journal. There was an article on there that was talking about the creator leaving the company because he wasn't getting enough money and that it was his last game for Tecmo. Haven't played the game yet but I agree with the article that it looks amazingly good.

The creator also says its so hard that he himself couldn't beat the game at the most difficult level. Is it really that hard?

[quote name='nevposey']Anyone else read the Wall Street Journal. There was an article on there that was talking about the creator leaving the company because he wasn't getting enough money and that it was his last game for Tecmo. Haven't played the game yet but I agree with the article that it looks amazingly good.

The creator also says its so hard that he himself couldn't beat the game at the most difficult level. Is it really that hard?[/QUOTE]

Itigaki left tecmo and sued them for unpaid bonuses. I'm hoping microsoft picks him up so that he can have the funds to do what he wants.

The camera made the level 2 boss worse than it should have been. I wasted my Life scroll (?) on him.
Dogs with knives and shurikens? Wow.
Did anyone see the DOA cameo if there is one? If so spoiler it please.

Holy fuck I love the Ultimate Technique. I look so bad ass every time I use it.

But I am playing on Warrior and the dogs in chapter 2 are kicking my ass.

What the fuck is up with the chapter 3 boss?

This mother fucking silver surfer fish with a face asshole and his little fish friends keep kicking my sorry ass.

[quote name='Razzuel']What the fuck is up with the chapter 3 boss?

This mother fucking silver surfer fish with a face asshole and his little fish friends keep kicking my sorry ass.[/QUOTE]
I used the bow and arrow on him. Shooting him in the face caused him quite a bit of damage.

Dude, I got owned tons of times on that fucker. Never figured out how to deal with the attack where he sends a billion little fish after you. Only way I could get through one without getting pwned was to use ninpo, and that only works a few times. But yeah, a charged bow shot to the face does a good amount of damage. Unfortunately after the first few shots you're pretty much getting harassed for the rest of the battle and it's hard to get a good one off

Charge up the bow to full power. Easy boss.

I'm on the 7th chapter (Warrior) and I haven't found any of the bosses overly difficult.

The Lunar Scythe is :drool: my new favorite.

[quote name='zewone']Charge up the bow to full power. Easy boss.
[/QUOTE]

how do you deal with the fish

[quote name='zewone']Charge up the bow to full power. Easy boss.

I'm on the 7th chapter (Warrior) and I haven't found any of the bosses overly difficult.

The Lunar Scythe is :drool: my new favorite.[/quote]

This boss is not easy. I don't have any damn healing items and my health isn't full.

Yeah I know to shoot him in the face but it doesn't help when he sends a ton of little fish at you, shoots balls of lightning, or both at the same time.

Then once you get him to half health the piece of shit sends a blue face at you which turns into a nuclear explosion, all at the same time he is shooting lightning balls and little fish are raping you. fuck you fish monster.

[quote name='Razzuel']This boss is not easy. I don't have any damn healing items and my health isn't full.

Yeah I know to shoot him in the face but it doesn't help when he sends a ton of little fish at you, shoots balls of lightning, or both at the same time.

Then once you get him to half health the piece of shit sends a blue face at you which turns into a nuclear explosion, all at the same time he is shooting lightning balls and little fish are raping you. fuck you fish monster.[/QUOTE]

When he gets closer, run past him to the other end of the tunnel. Make sure you're running past him when fires the explosive face thing. I was using ninpo to cancel out the fish damage (the laser balls can be dodged by jumping and dashing.) There has to be another way to deal with the fish though...

Yeah, the face was easy to dodge. I just ran to the other side of the tunnel. I also used ninpo to avoid the fish. Luckily I killed him right when I was out of ninpo...

Currently on chapter 8 on warrior. Haven't found any bosses hard. Once you know what to do then its super easy. What I am having problems with are the test of valors. I'm on the 5th one and it is kicking my ass. I really don't know what to do, pissing me off. I keep getting shot by the guys with rockets, ugh. But, its nice to have a challenge for once.

[quote name='Apossum']how do you deal with the fish[/QUOTE]

Shot them with arrows, I mostly just let them hit me and kept charging my bow.

I did use a few healing items, but I always save at least one for a boss, it's just good sense to do so.

EDIT: I also use Ninpo to avoid a lot of boss's attacks.

I keep getting him to the part where he falls down but he constantly releases his fucking fish friends and they kill me while I am trying to get a shot off.

I hate this boss.

[quote name='Razzuel']I keep getting him to the part where he falls down but he constantly releases his fucking fish friends and they kill me while I am trying to get a shot off.

I hate this boss.[/QUOTE]

When he falls down use the Dragon Sword and combo.

[quote name='zewone']When he falls down use the Dragon Sword and combo.[/quote]

Alright I'll try.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I fuckING KILLED THE SILVER SURFER!

AND TO MAKE IT EVEN BETTER I GOT MASTER NINJA ON THAT LEVEL!!!!!!!

I heard when he's upside down you can use regular combos on him. I ninpo'd his ass. The fire ninpo is the best to level up...I just got to chapter 5 and it's at level 3.
I hate the fact that it's hard to get enough essence to get a life scroll.

I missed a chest. What's in that chest on Chap 5 where you have to shoot the 2 glowing things to lower the bridge? The chest is right under that bridge. I fell down and couldn't find a way to get back up.

[quote name='strdr4']I missed a chest. What's in that chest on Chap 5 where you have to shoot the 2 glowing things to lower the bridge? The chest is right under that bridge. I fell down and couldn't find a way to get back up.[/QUOTE]

Probably a Thousand Lives. I forgot, it wasn't that great.

This game would be like a 9 in my book, but the camera brings it down to maybe a 7. It's just atrocious. Trying to get around a boss? BOOM, it switches up on you, control directions change, and you can't see the boss anymore. It's making what would be a reasonably challenging experience into something that's just unreasonably frustrating.

So I just got through playing the first level. And...you'd think they'd at least have a good camera on the first level since they spent the most time with it....NO. It is awful, just awful.

[quote name='zewone']Combo counter only goes to 999.

Weak.[/quote]

How the hell did you even get that high?

[quote name='KingBroly']So I just got through playing the first level. And...you'd think they'd at least have a good camera on the first level since they spent the most time with it....NO. It is awful, just awful.[/quote]

Hmm...The camera hasn't really been bothering me yet and I just got to chapter 4.

OK so I did the trials thing in chapter 4 in the museum and I got killed in a war of attrition killing all the demons that just kept spawning. Is there something I have to destroy in the level to get them to stop coming or how many do I have to kill? I coulda sworn I was getting close to 100 killed in that trial.

Just played for about an hour and a half. God, I heard that the camera was bad, but I was surprised it was that bad. I remember them talking about how the camera would be a lot better then NG1, but this one feels even worse. The gameplay is still fun, but I am not looking forward to the later levels with this camera.

[quote name='zewone']Chapter 10 and I'm having minimal camera problems. I'm not sure what you guys expected.[/quote]

I haven't got has far as you (I am in chapter 4) and I am having minimal camera problems as well.

Whenever I need to see in front of Ryu I press the right trigger and it goes behind him.

Most the time I am not even thinking about the camera because there is so much stuff going on on the screen.

Right trigger. Don't even bother with the right stick. You should be pressing the right trigger for every 2 steps you take. It's NG1 all over again.

[quote name='MSUHitman']OK so I did the trials thing in chapter 4 in the museum and I got killed in a war of attrition killing all the demons that just kept spawning. Is there something I have to destroy in the level to get them to stop coming or how many do I have to kill? I coulda sworn I was getting close to 100 killed in that trial.[/QUOTE]

That is a trial a valor (trial of fiends in NG1). You dont even have to do that, its purely optional. The less items you use and quicker you complete it the better item you will get at the end. Im not sure how many enemies there are in the particular trial but in NG1 it was 60 fiend trials. So just keep killing and killing or skip it. There are achievments for doing each trial, i think there are 9. But yeah, alot of mobs.

My problem is the camera is too low. It should be higher. It's at his knees when it should be at his shoulders. The 2nd boss kicked my ass because of the camera, causing me to lose a Talismen >_

It would've been nice if the block button also locked onto the nearest enemy, thus centering the camera on them. I think that'd alleviate a lot of the camera problems.

Did anyone get the preorder code? It's supposed to unlock 5 varations of this costume: Looks sick. I guess you can buy the pack for 200 points in July if you missed out:

ninja-gaiden-ii-20080508003822894.jpg

bread's done
Back