Nintendo 3DS Price Drop Hits on August 9th at Walmart

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]24198[/IMG-R]According to a trusted source, Walmart will be dropping the price of the Nintendo 3DS on August 9th, 3 days before the official drop takes effect. This means savvy shoppers will be able to get the new low price and the 20 free downloadable games available as a reward to early adopters of the 3DS. Just connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11 to qualify for the free games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zenne96']i just called a 24 hour walmart and they had 0 idea[/QUOTE]

Because you did it wrong. Tell the person who answers the phone to hit the "item inquiry key" then type in these 11 digits- 04549671922Walmart doesn't use all 12 digits of a UPC # in their system because they have an ass-backwards method.

Just letting everyone know. Just got back from Walmart (EDT here) and they had no clue. I had him scan it with the handheld and with the register - $250.00 every time. He also said it's bullshit that the managers have to mark things down. He said price changes come down to the store from corporate and automatically update. He also said people have been calling all day - in fact, people were calling about it while we were there.

I guess I'll jump in there some time tomorrow, but it's not looking good now...

[quote name='sithspawn']Just letting everyone know. Just got back from Walmart (EDT here) and they had no clue. I had him scan it with the handheld and with the register - $250.00 every time. He also said it's bullshit that the managers have to mark things down. He said price changes come down to the store from corporate and automatically update. He also said people have been calling all day - in fact, people were calling about it while we were there.

I guess I'll jump in there some time tomorrow, but it's not looking good now...[/QUOTE]

Like I figured. Remember, Nintendonly is always right.
As for this deal not ending up what we expected, at least I have until August 13th (exactly 15 days from my day of purchase) for me to price adjust. And there is supposed to be no tax on that day. Ya!

[quote name='Nintendonly']Because you did it wrong. Tell the person who answers the phone to hit the "item inquiry key" then type in these 11 digits- 04549671922Walmart doesn't use all 12 digits of a UPC # in their system because they have an ass-backwards method.[/QUOTE]

So pretty much at 12:01 am we should call and tell them to put that in?

I wonder if it's possible that the prices don't update until midnight central time (since Walmart's HQ is in Arkansas). That's just a few minutes away now

[quote name='gomikeoh']well hopefully this rumor turns out to be true...so far not hearing good feedback. :/[/QUOTE]

Sithspawn has pretty much done the work that I would have done to verify the validity of this deal. Turns out it was bogus and just one of Cheapy's sources giving him a... red herring? Is that the idiomatic saying I am working for? I'm too tired.

[quote name='cr4zymanz0r']I wonder if it's possible that the prices don't update until midnight central time (since Walmart's HQ is in Arkansas). That's just a few minutes away now[/QUOTE]

Unlikely. Street dated games/music/movies/books/toys/etc. are allowed to be sold at 12:01 AM in their respective time zones.

[quote name='Tankinator']I was told it will be changed at 7 am and to come back then[/QUOTE]

what time zone r u in?

[quote name='sithspawn']Just letting everyone know. Just got back from Walmart (EDT here) and they had no clue. I had him scan it with the handheld and with the register - $250.00 every time. He also said it's bullshit that the managers have to mark things down. He said price changes come down to the store from corporate and automatically update. He also said people have been calling all day - in fact, people were calling about it while we were there.

I guess I'll jump in there some time tomorrow, but it's not looking good now...[/QUOTE]

bush.jpg

[quote name='UncleBob']I can't wait for later in the day when Department Managers start working price changes... :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, keep on spreading your misinformation. The 3DS isn't a clearance item. Arkansas handles price changes in the system for regular items, not your boss who only makes ~$0.50 more than you.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Like I figured. Remember, Nintendonly is always right.[/QUOTE]

I'll make you a deal - if it turns out not to be correct, I'll buy you a new 3DS. If it turns out to be correct, you have to buy me a new one.

[quote name='UncleBob']I'll make you a deal - if it turns out not to be correct, I'll buy you a new 3DS. If it turns out to be correct, you have to buy me a new one.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's some faith in Mr. D right there.

[quote name='UncleBob']I'll make you a deal - if it turns out not to be correct, I'll buy you a new 3DS. If it turns out to be correct, you have to buy me a new one.[/QUOTE]

I don't care about a deal with you because either way I still make out.If Walmart makes the change for the 9th, I go back with my receipt and get my 80 bucks back. If not, I'll just go back on the 12th (or 13th) to get my 80 bucks back.

[quote name='Nintendonly']I don't care about a deal with you because either way I still make out.If Walmart makes the change for the 9th, I go back with my receipt and get my 80 bucks back. If not, I'll just go back on the 12th (or 13th) to get my 80 buck back.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wouldn't make that deal if I didn't know what the heck I was talking about either. :D

[quote name='Cheshire Wolf']Damn, that's some faith in Mr. D right there.[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with the faith in Cheapy, and more to do with the faith in his source. His source, however trustworthy he/she may be, may have given Cheapy a bad egg this time.

I'm in florida, so eastern time zone
There is another wal mart by my house I am teying but haven't had any luck with service yet even

[quote name='Tankinator']I'm in florida, so eastern time zone
There is another wal mart by my house I am teying but haven't had any luck with service yet even[/QUOTE]

Did you have them scan the SKU/barcode and/or supply them the 11 digit UPC number?

They didn't even take it out at the first store. I'm currently in line to check out with a tranee employee up front because the back register is broke...doesn't bode well. The employee who got it was giving the person on electronics a break...

EDIT. Rang up at $249, getting a manager now...

I just came back from mine in TN. I talked to one lady and showed her what was being said online with Google news & Destructoid. She went to the back to see if anything was in the computer. Unfortunately, she said while she did see the price was going to go down on Friday in a memo, she couldn't personally drop the price herself based on the internet hearsay because there was nothing she saw that it was supposed to be happening on Tuesday. She said try back later in the day.

[quote name='Cheshire Wolf']Damn, that's some faith in Mr. D right there.[/QUOTE]

Something like that. :D

I just really don't like people who don't know what they're talking about badmouthing others based upon their own false assumptions. :D

I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.

[quote name='Tankinator']They didn't even take it out at the first store. I'm currently in line to check out with a tranee employee up front because the back register is broke...doesn't bode well. The employee who got it was giving the person on electronics a break...

EDIT. Rang up at $249, getting a manager now...[/QUOTE]

A tranny employee?

[quote name='Vulgarism']A tranny employee?[/QUOTE]
lol..Read it like that too. Trainee..he meant...I think. :bouncy:

I went to the 24 hour Wal-Mart in Rensselear NY. (Aka East Greenbush Wal-Mart.)No dice. I also called the Wal-Mart in Halfmoon, NY. I spoke with a woman I know as the regular, video game section employee. She knew nothing of the price drop. Although she also refused to scan the item.

[quote name='Vulgarism']A tranny employee?[/QUOTE]

That's the first thing that came to my mind... Which is sad... He obviously meant trainee

[quote name='Tankinator']Was told again price would drop at 6 but I'm trying to get them to change it now. Will update again.[/QUOTE]

so wait, they said its happening, but not yet?

[quote name='Tankinator']Was told again price would drop at 6 but I'm trying to get them to change it now. Will update again.[/QUOTE]

6? AM? Which Walmart in Florida are you doing this btw?

Okay final update. I am in ft myers, FL. One told me 6 am, another told me 7. Neither would drop the price early. They also wouldn't let me reserve one because I am unable to come back in the morning. As far as confirming the sale, neither store denied the sale, but it could have possibly been because of simply beliving it was going to happen later in the day.

Also sorry for any grammatical errors. I am typing this all out as it unfolds on my phone

[quote name='pandanese90']COSMO BLACK OR AQUA BLUE??? I got less than 8hrs to decide[/QUOTE]

Black is hard to get dirty and is classic.

Its sleek, its big, long, and hard....

[quote name='pandanese90']COSMO BLACK OR AQUA BLUE??? I got less than 8hrs to decide[/QUOTE]

I want PURPLE!!! :(

[quote name='pandanese90']when are any of those colors coming out :/[/QUOTE]

black friday bundle speculation. mainly because japan already has the 3ds in flare red. And big mario games are coming out this year as well.

I've heard the 3DS black might have some issues with something, so I'm gonna pick the blue. Plus I know for a fact the Black one collects fingerprints and dust really easily.

is the 3ds worth it even with the price drop i mean i would like one but im satisfied with my dsi so far the black pokemon version

If i can get it from walmart tomorrow i am returning my best buy unit... not sure if i want to deal with the whole pming thing without a paper in hand....

I just came back from my walmart and no dice. When I asked about the price, he said $170 and I asked if it was in effect. He scanned and rang up 250. He mentioned the price drop but is under the impression it goes into effect on friday.

bread's done
Back