Nintendo 3DS/Wii U - Register SMTIV & Fire Emblem: Awakening - Get $30 eShop [UPDATE: FULL DETAILS IN OP]

Autosaver

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
d1.png

d2.png

Most likely a promotion for the upcoming crossover "FE x SMT" exclusive to Wii U. According to the official website, this can be redeemed on Nintendo 3DS OR Wii U. Both digital and physical versions of games will work.

http://club2.nintendo.com/30/

Mods' note:

Please immediately stop with the requests for codes, selling of codes and the like.  There's a thread for that elsewhere on CAG, right over here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/177121-nintendo-club-game-code-trading-and-selling/

Further posts in here with those buy/sell requests will likely risk banning in some fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
i heard horror stories about amazon not much about newegg....

still on chat they said to hold they might and a major MIGHT just send out a replacment or refund doubtful

WTF major turn around there person on chat was very helpful and saying we could sent out a replacment or refund then all of a sudden she goes ... We can not do anything about the purchase .. and leaves the room..

WTF
Slidecage that's the fantastic CS from Newegg. Watch if they send you a replacement and its not the 1st printing. I would stay away from Newegg on CE/LE's unless you just love contacting CS.

Makes me glad that I ordered from Amazon.  Sure, they shipped it in a bubble mailer too.  Sure, it showed up every bit as bad as some of the Newegg orders.  Their CS more than made up for it though.

Makes me glad that I ordered from Amazon. Sure, they shipped it in a bubble mailer too. Sure, it showed up every bit as bad as some of the Newegg orders. Their CS more than made up for it though.
That's the reason I ordered from Amazon. If there's a problem you can actually get a resolution quickly. Luckily mine was shipped in a box.

That's the reason I ordered from Amazon. If there's a problem you can actually get a resolution quickly. Luckily mine was shipped in a box.
LOL got an email back saying they will give me 5 bucks to go out and buy a new box. fuck this company LOL

show me a company that would sell me the box alone LOL

Well, this is kind of funny:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

You saved $0.06 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

Shin Megami Tensei IV
Price on order date: $49.96
Price charged at shipping: $49.90
Lowest price before release date: $49.90
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $0.06

$0.06 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee.
Woo-hoo! 6 cents!

Hey, six cents is six cents.  I got to say, I'm getting a little irritated at Amazon though.  They STILL haven't shipped my copy, even though it's been marked as "Shipping Now" since yesterday morning.

I just thought it was funny that they sent me an email to tell me about the "savings".   That email just came today and I got the game yesterday.  If only they had shown some more diligence in packaging the game itself...

For some reason they sent me the email about the $30 credit even though I never purchased FE:A.  I did download the demo but never purchased the game.

Unless you mean they gave you the 30$ credit then thats normal because i think they inform everyone about the promotion , and yay i feel nice about giving away the 30$ credit to a fellow CAG

I mean they sent me an email that says "Since you already own Fire Emblem Awakening, we think you’ll love Shin Megami Tensei®IV. That’s why we’re offering a $30 credit for the Nintendo eShop when you register the game at Club Nintendo."

I mean they sent me an email that says "Since you already own Fire Emblem Awakening, we think you’ll love Shin Megami Tensei®IV. That’s why we’re offering a $30 credit for the Nintendo eShop when you register the game at Club Nintendo."
Ohh thats cool, if thats true try to take advantage of it lol.

Well, this is kind of funny:

Woo-hoo! 6 cents!
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Price on order date: $49.96
Price charged at shipping: $49.87
Lowest price before release date: $49.87
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $0.09

$0.09 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee.
9 cents! Ha!

Now I feel like I'm selling cards on Steam by celebrating over 9 cents...

I thought of what I can buy with $50 credit on the eshop and just realized I'd rather save it to get Phoenix Wright 1st day now.

My SMT IV pre-order from Newegg with free shipping arrived today and it was in perfect condition. I've never had a problem with Newegg before but I do agree that their free shipping is much cheaper than Amazon's in terms of packaging quality.

yea my SMTIV from amazon came in a very thing bubble mailer and had a slight dent on the top but otherwise not bad. not a big deal since i planend to open it anyway thus losing lots of value as opposed to keeping it sealed lol

I have no clue what I want with my $30 however. It also sucks that I only have 100 cpins left to get platinum done already for the NEXT Club Nintendo, but I have 6 total post plays (2 of which are pending with Fire Emblem and SMTiv not available yet for post play for me) so that bring it to 40. So any games i buy with that $30 are going to give me more post plays but also coins for registering, and i HATE going over the 600 coins namely because they could be used towards the NEXT platinum in 2014. I knew i shouldve saved one of the games that I registered this time.

So my question is, does eShop credit ever expire? or could I theoretically leave it on there until July of 2014 and it's still there?

So my question is, does eShop credit ever expire? or could I theoretically leave it on there until July of 2014 and it's still there?
I'm pretty sure it doesn't expire but even if it did, that is less than a year so I would think it would be OK.

I already have $15 in eShop credit I've been hanging onto since the store first opened and now getting $30 extra. What to spend it on? I guess a retail game like DKCR? Seems like a waste since it's on sale for $29 physical.

Ordered 2 copies of SMT4 from newegg, they shipped in a box and both arrived in perfect condition. Very happy. Now just hoping there's a sale of some sort for fire emblem awakening, otherwise I'm waiting for my state's free tax day so I can go to gamestop and burn some of my credit.

Finally opened up the game last night and interestingly it's actually sealed within the collector's packaging.  Don't see that very often, wonder if it indicates they're just making a bunch of them and when the LE stuff runs out will start shipping them solo.

So why didn't you pre order another copy and get an extra DLC code? You could sold the DLC and make $10 in profit and now you are spending another $10 for a registration code...
What DLC code? Inside the packaging? Is there even a non-limited edition out there besides digital? Who is going to buy this code.

I also am assuming nobody would be willing to pay for an amazon box outfit dlc.

What DLC code? Inside the packaging? Is there even a non-limited edition out there besides digital? Who is going to buy this code.

I also am assuming nobody would be willing to pay for an amazon box outfit dlc.
I assume that's what he meant and I'm sure somebody will.

Which reminds me, make sure to check the DLC menu when you start the game because there's some free DLC already that says it's for a limited time only.

Just got my shin iv from newegg last night. Was in very cheap bubble envelope luckily just a few creases on top of the box and that's it. I would of prolly damaged it myself on accident over time.

Promo codes work great. Also how cool that there are already two free dlc packs to download for this game. Love the game so far but it does seem a bit in balance at times I can dominate fight after fight and all it takes is one weird move on the perfect party member and were all day in one turn

Question: If I register both Fire Emblem Awakening and SMT IV on Club Nintendo, does the $30 eShop credit automatically get deposited into my 3DS eShop account or do they send a code that you can redeem? I'll cut to the chase: I want the credit on my WiiU... is that possible with this promotion? If not, that's fine- I am just wondering.

Finally opened up the game last night and interestingly it's actually sealed within the collector's packaging. Don't see that very often, wonder if it indicates they're just making a bunch of them and when the LE stuff runs out will start shipping them solo.
That's what most assume. Hopefully the price will drop to $40 if that happens, but maybe not since the digital version is $50 as well as another CAG pointed out earlier.

Question: If I register both Fire Emblem Awakening and SMT IV on Club Nintendo, does the $30 eShop credit automatically get deposited into my 3DS eShop account or do they send a code that you can redeem? I'll cut to the chase: I want the credit on my WiiU... is that possible with this promotion? If not, that's fine- I am just wondering.
you get a code and you can add it to either store i believe. the code is accessed through your to-do list on club nintendo

Just got my shin iv from newegg last night. Was in very cheap bubble envelope luckily just a few creases on top of the box and that's it. I would of prolly damaged it myself on accident over time.

Promo codes work great. Also how cool that there are already two free dlc packs to download for this game. Love the game so far but it does seem a bit in balance at times I can dominate fight after fight and all it takes is one weird move on the perfect party member and were all day in one turn
Well I think that's intentional since the game's built around that mechanic and in the press stuff they hinted very strongly that if you don't get good at using the system the game's going to get very hard.

I'm still super early in the game but I have to say that Atlus has done a really poor job in choosing what they've put out there in videos since this is significantly better than anything I had seen in videos while trying to get a feel for the game.  You would think that they would have at least have played up the Pokemon elements of the game.  The $30 promo is going to go a long way to getting more attention but I bet there's a lot of adults that like Pokemon and JRPGs that would never have given this a second look.

Got my copy shipped from Newegg. Box a little bent at top but other than that nothing too bad for a bubble mailer. Got it for $35 so I'm not complaining.

Ordered my copy of SMTIV at Newegg as well, bracing myself for a bubble mailer, but I can't really complain at saving $15 and getting it for $39 w/tax.

Planning to pick up Fire Emblem Awakening soon, it's just too bad I don't have a 3DS to play any of these games.

No shipping info yet, but my amazon order has finally updated from "Shipping Soon" to "Shipping Now".  Looking at my other orders, it seems a book I ordered back in April (about 2 weeks before I ordered SMT IV) is being bundled with it.

Which is odd, since I asked them about said book 3 weeks ago since another site had a late June release date (though I never explicitly saw it say "In stock", but they changed from "Coming Soon" to "More shipping soon"), and Amazon insisted it was a November release, maintaining said release date until... well, it actually still says November 13.  So yeah, odd.

Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll put it in a box since it's shipping with a book.

So when I go to the To-Dos it shows the $30 promotion, and i registered both games, I click the red To-Do button.

Then on the next page it says:

"It looks like you are registering Club Nintendo Promotion. Thank you!"

And asks for a PIN# what the fuck how do i get the $30 credit??

bread's done
Back