Northern Virginia Deals Thread

elprincipe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
I guess this goes here as we're not really Washington DC. We're Virginians, damnit, and proud of it!

Anyway, to start us off, there are a whole rack of GTA: San Andreas 0.01 guides at the Tysons Corner Best Buy (Route 7, across from Tysons Corner mall, validated parking free when visiting BB). Was there today and got some, but there are A LOT more. Make sure to grab the ones that are for PS2 and not PC/XBOX, as the PC/XBOX ones are not 0.01.

Whatever happened to Sam Goody at Fairoaks mall??? Been there for years then all of a sudden Poof they be gone!

Fairoaks mall reall sucks..it needs a movie theater or something like a REAL food court, not like you have to go around every corner to find a descent place to eat. I say tear that bitch down lol.

[quote name='elprincipe']Okay, Sam Goody update. Went to the Pentagon City one today (it's on the lower level by the food court). They didn't have too much left, although there were some games that weren't in the sale rack (it's on the opposite side of the store from the rest of the games, just to make things more difficult). Grabbed Drakengard and Dr. Mario from them. Passed on Tenchu Fatal Shadows and Sega Classics because they were display copies. I honestly don't know why you make display copies when all your games are in a protective hard plastic shell to prevent theft anyway. In any case, there are still some decent finds left there, like the games I passed up, SW Battlefront GH, Kingdom Hearts GH, etc.

Anyone else have a Sam Goody update locally?[/QUOTE]

Hey guys, anybody here heading over to the best buy in sterling for the xbox 360 launch. If any of you guys are we should meet up there.

[quote name='anubis20']Hey guys, anybody here heading over to the best buy in sterling for the xbox 360 launch. If any of you guys are we should meet up there.[/QUOTE]

I am probably going to go so I can witness the chaos. Maybe take some pictures. I am certainly going to go in there and shop normally, just because I can. Maybe I'll just buy a candy bar or something. Better yet, I'll go to their video game section and just sit there and play the PS2.

damn u i have to work tomorrow :p

[quote name='yeah-yeah']I am probably going to go so I can witness the chaos. Maybe take some pictures. I am certainly going to go in there and shop normally, just because I can. Maybe I'll just buy a candy bar or something. Better yet, I'll go to their video game section and just sit there and play the PS2.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elprincipe']Okay, Sam Goody update. Went to the Pentagon City one today (it's on the lower level by the food court). They didn't have too much left, although there were some games that weren't in the sale rack (it's on the opposite side of the store from the rest of the games, just to make things more difficult). Grabbed Drakengard and Dr. Mario from them. Passed on Tenchu Fatal Shadows and Sega Classics because they were display copies. I honestly don't know why you make display copies when all your games are in a protective hard plastic shell to prevent theft anyway. In any case, there are still some decent finds left there, like the games I passed up, SW Battlefront GH, Kingdom Hearts GH, etc.

Anyone else have a Sam Goody update locally?[/QUOTE]

so how much were those GH games? better than $15?

I didn't go last night to the Sterling BB. I didn't feel like wasting gas just to watch people not get Xboxes.

There's a new BB opening in Leesburg. We got a coupon that gives you a $10 gift card for every $100 dollars you spend at the Leesburg store, up to $50 dollars. I am not planning on using it. Any takers? It doesn't have any restrictions, so as long as you spend the money, you'll get a gift card back. I don't know if it can be stacked. Let me know if you're interested.

[quote name='sidlon']so how much were those GH games? better than $15?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they are $8.99. Check the Sam Goody/Media Play thread on the main deals forum.

from what I have been reading....the first generation of a launch system has its problems, wait a few more months for them to work out there issues and price drops or else you gonna have a 400 dollar paper weight on your hands.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Anyone know of any stores that still have 360s in stock? ;)[/QUOTE]

TRU report ($9.99 games)....visited Bailey's Crossroads and Tysons Corner TRU stores today. I should note I don't have an Xbox so I didn't really look at those...

Bailey's = tons of FF: Crystal Chronicles, Tony Hawk, not a lot else. Poor PS2 selection with just stuff like Syphon Filter and Trivial Pursuit. Not in the bin were Timesplitters: Future Perfect (GCN - picked this one up) and Polarium (a few copies).

Tysons = a much, much wider selection. They are neatly sorted into three bins by the checkout in the R Zone, one for GCN/DS/GBA, one for Xbox, one for PS2. Found and got Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (GCN, 1-2 left), Demon Stone (PS2, think it was the last one) and Phantom Brave (PS2, last one). Quite a few Retro Atari, Feel The Magic (good game!) and Polarium DS, also several GBA games including Hold 'Em I think, and tons of FF: Crystal Chronicles. Also PK: Out of the Shadows, Rocky, Intellivision Lives, Timesplitters: FP and a couple other Cube games. For PS2, tons of Driv3r, Syphon Filter, Dragonball Z Sagas, and a bunch more. This is a good store to visit still for this deal.

Other reports from the area?

Okay, so which one of you fools jacked the Xbox 360 promo DVD coupon booklet at the Reston Town Center Best Buy and left the DVD there?

>_>;

Has anyone been able to find Mario DDR around Fredericksburg? My wife's been trying to find a copy to get me for Christmas.

[quote name='Farny']Okay, so which one of you fools jacked the Xbox 360 promo DVD coupon booklet at the Reston Town Center Best Buy and left the DVD there?

>_>;[/QUOTE]

it was me, i was the fool...lol just kidding...haven't been to the reston best buy in like 3 years. Way too out of the way for me :p..

Dude just use the scanned coupons, they work fine , as long as the cashier can't read. :)

[quote name='Farny']Okay, so which one of you fools jacked the Xbox 360 promo DVD coupon booklet at the Reston Town Center Best Buy and left the DVD there?

>_>;[/QUOTE]

Holy shit that was me! Haha. Yeah.... there was only one DVD left in the xbox section when I checked and I decided to just snatch the coupons and leave the DVD for... you. I knew you would like it.

Can anyone find me an ACE COMBAT 5 for the PS2? I bought it from the TRU in fairlakes the day after black friday for my New PS2. Worked perfectly and was a lot of fun to play til last night when I booted it and it kept on giving a black screen while you can hear the motor spin up and down with no luck :( All other games and dvds work fine.

I tried to return it today but the bastard bearded guy in the Rzone was very suspisous of me because I wanted to do an EVEN EXCHANGE!!! they were so slow in the electronics department that they had a line coming out of the rzone all because each of them was pushing for that stupid protection plan waste of money. That guy was no help at all and was saying well i see there is a lot of finger prints (ok 5 , count em 5 FINGER PRINTS on the outer edge of disc that was probibly from the eb guy). I have tried it on 2 other systems and they still wont work. I finally got customer service to call around because there systems said they had 1-2 left. Manassas and Sterling are out :( It really bothers me that they were giving me crap about doing an even exchange ... I didn't want store credit I didn't want my money back I just want the same game.

Can anyone help me find a new copy of Ace Combat 5 (not from EB/GS because open case means NEW to them). I really want to finish this bad ass game.

thx

[quote name='ITDEFX']Can anyone find me an ACE COMBAT 5 for the PS2? I bought it from the TRU in fairlakes the day after black friday for my New PS2. Worked perfectly and was a lot of fun to play til last night when I booted it and it kept on giving a black screen while you can hear the motor spin up and down with no luck :( All other games and dvds work fine.

I tried to return it today but the bastard bearded guy in the Rzone was very suspisous of me because I wanted to do an EVEN EXCHANGE!!! they were so slow in the electronics department that they had a line coming out of the rzone all because each of them was pushing for that stupid protection plan waste of money. That guy was no help at all and was saying well i see there is a lot of finger prints (ok 5 , count em 5 FINGER PRINTS on the outer edge of disc that was probibly from the eb guy). I have tried it on 2 other systems and they still wont work. I finally got customer service to call around because there systems said they had 1-2 left. Manassas and Sterling are out :( It really bothers me that they were giving me crap about doing an even exchange ... I didn't want store credit I didn't want my money back I just want the same game.

Can anyone help me find a new copy of Ace Combat 5 (not from EB/GS because open case means NEW to them). I really want to finish this bad ass game.

thx[/QUOTE]

If there is something wrong with the disc, contact whoever made the game. Maybe you should just get store credit for now and pick it up again when it comes back in stock.

[quote name='yeah-yeah']If there is something wrong with the disc, contact whoever made the game. Maybe you should just get store credit for now and pick it up again when it comes back in stock.[/QUOTE]

The game was in there 9.99 bin in the rzone...non GH too :) Good find for me. Oh well its too late as they took it back and gave me my 9.99 plus tax back on my credit card. I guess im gonna have to buy it again at 20 bucks from walmart/kmart :(

Springfieldian checking in - the Starland near my house seems to have a lack of quality employees, and they don't seem to get recent releases very quickly. They're OK, but you do have to be knowledgeable of recent retail markdowns when you go shopping there for used- it can take some time for a GH pricecut to be reflected in a used title they've got on the shelf.

The Gamecrazy down the street next to the Whole Foods and across the street from the Home Depot is pretty cleaned out. Not a lot good used, they've got a couple of battered DS games cart only for $25, but the various sales going on are a better deal.

[quote name='NiVRaM']Holy shit that was me! Haha. Yeah.... there was only one DVD left in the xbox section when I checked and I decided to just snatch the coupons and leave the DVD for... you. I knew you would like it.[/QUOTE]

>_>;

There were two DVDs there, and there was only one coupon booklet. I just took the last booklet.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Kudos for Best Buy in Sterling, VA :)[/QUOTE]

While you were there, did you sign up for the gamer expansion pack? Free PH/GH/PC game on your birthday!

[quote name='yeah-yeah']While you were there, did you sign up for the gamer expansion pack? Free PH/GH/PC game on your birthday![/QUOTE]

More details please?

On a different topic, is anyone planning to camp for the Xbox relaunch on Sat night/Sun morning? If so, where and when?

[quote name='yeah-yeah']While you were there, did you sign up for the gamer expansion pack? Free PH/GH/PC game on your birthday![/QUOTE]

yep saw the sign and remembered it from here, signed up, did the stupid survey and they said they would send me something in the mail...how long does it take? my bday is oct 12th

[quote name='goldbean']More details please?
[/QUOTE]

Some stores are pilots for the Gamer Expansion Pack program. It's a targeted program for Reward Zone members who play video games. When you sign up (it's free), you'll get some coupons and, around the time of your birthday, you'll get a coupon good for 19.99 towards a Platinum Hits/Players Choice/Greatest Hits/PC Game 19.99 or less. Free is good, so I jumped on it a while ago.

anxiousplanet.com/imgs/freegamecoupon.jpg

>_>;[/QUOTE]

The Tyson's Corner Best Buy had some of the coupons in the back last time I went, so you could get some there if it's not too far. You should call, first, though. I actually called them before I went, and they reserved some of the coupons for me :)

[quote name='Wet Ninja']Has anyone been able to find Mario DDR around Fredericksburg? My wife's been trying to find a copy to get me for Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Way to spoil the surprise XD

[quote name='yeah-yeah']Some stores are pilots for the Gamer Expansion Pack program. It's a targeted program for Reward Zone members who play video games. When you sign up (it's free), you'll get some coupons and, around the time of your birthday, you'll get a coupon good for 19.99 towards a Platinum Hits/Players Choice/Greatest Hits/PC Game 19.99 or less. Free is good, so I jumped on it a while ago.

anxiousplanet.com/imgs/freegamecoupon.jpg[/QUOTE]

How do you sign up? Is there a paper (like the previously mentioned survey) only available at these "pilot" Best Buy stores? My dad's a Reward Zone member, so we should be eligible, but I've never seen anything about a Gamer Expansion Pack at our local Best Buy in Springfield.

[quote name='Pokemorpher1']
How do you sign up? Is there a paper (like the previously mentioned survey) only available at these "pilot" Best Buy stores? My dad's a Reward Zone member, so we should be eligible, but I've never seen anything about a Gamer Expansion Pack at our local Best Buy in Springfield.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, only some stores are part of the pilot. I know Sterling is doing it, and I think White Marsh is, too. Head over to the customer service/geek squad area and ask them about it.

thank you lurkers for cleaning out fairlakes and sterling of the games of the sale tomorrow so you can come back and waste more gas to PM it :p

all i wanted was pikman 2

Hey crew! I still have Final Fantasy I&II, DOA Ultimate, and Samurai Western from the TRU sale in my stash. Gimme a holler if you're interested.

TRU update....@ Tysons Corner TRU, still available = Resident Evil 4 GCN, Fight Night 2 GCN, Final Fantasy I&II GBA, Golden Sun GBA, more. No Mario Party 7 bundles left, but they are substituting Ultimate Spiderman if anyone's interested (I was not).

If any of you NOVA's venture into MD, the Wheaton TRU still has a lot of the Xbox titles for sale. Just a hop, skip and a jump over a bridge. I didn't have the PS2 list, so I don't know what they have, but they did have a lot of PS2 games.

good freaking greif...i've spent 200 dollars these past 2 days on video games from sterling and fairlakes... :O

you know whats funny? My new and first ps2 is less than 1 month old (Black Friday)
and I already have more than 2 dozen games for it :O when I first got my cube back in nov 2003, by the end of 2003,I had less than 9 games.......wow ps2 games prices drop faster :p

thanks fellow caggers!!!

Motherfucking 495 can suck my cock. I hate traffic. And Tyson's traffic sucks hard, too.

I stayed away from this TRU sale. Did I miss a lot?

[quote name='Farny']Motherfucking 495 can suck my cock. I hate traffic. And Tyson's traffic sucks hard, too.

I stayed away from this TRU sale. Did I miss a lot?[/QUOTE]

I hate traffic as well, but unfortunately in this area it's a fact of life. You missed some stuff, but it really depends on what you're interested in of course.

TRU update...Bailey's Crossroads TRU, got the last Geist and Metroid Prime 2 so those are gone there. Think I also got the last Tenchu: Fatal Shadows. They have tons of Final Fantasy I&II GBA, F-Zero GP Legend GBA, couple of Cold Fear PS2, Bard's Tale PS2, Retro Atari DS, Feel The Magic DS. Whole lot of other stuff for PS2/XB as well, separated out for easy browsing.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']Did you see any copies of Tekken 5 or Resident Evil 4 left?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I would be surprised to see those at any TRU at this point in time. Although I can't say I looked specifically for them since I already got RE4 and am not interested in Tekken 5.

Has anyone seen any copies of Guitar Hero anywhere in the area? I've been to a bunch of places and it seems like everywhere is sold out and isn't getting any soon.

On a side note, BB @ Tyson's Corner had about 8 copies of Animal Crossing: WIld World two days ago. Good way to put those $10 coupons to use.

I just got back from the TRU at Tyson's Corner. They're closing so all video games are 10% off. Nothing too good left in terms of the $9.99 games, they still had some Geist and maybe a couple of MP2s and a whole lot of junk. I bought Wrestlemania 21 and Beatdown which both came up to $18.98 (after tax and 10% off).

EDIT: Someone ran off with all the GTA Double Packs for XB unfortunately. I had seen those the week before, they had a whole bin (maybe 30 copies) of them.

[quote name='bradr']I just got back from the TRU at Tyson's Corner. They're closing so all video games are 10% off. Nothing too good left in terms of the $9.99 games, they still had some Geist and maybe a couple of MP2s and a whole lot of junk. I bought Wrestlemania 21 and Beatdown which both came up to $18.98 (after tax and 10% off).

EDIT: Someone ran off with all the GTA Double Packs for XB unfortunately. I had seen those the week before, they had a whole bin (maybe 30 copies) of them.[/QUOTE]

Sucks they are closing. Only 10% for games? Hope that goes up real quick so there is some decent stuff left when it gets to a decent discount.

you know its disapointing to see a TRU close. You actually have people who KNOW about what your talking about and get descent service vs the crap no knowelege service you get from target/walmart.

I was in the TRU in Fredericksburg tonight, and they still had a lot of games for $10: around 10 copies of FF I&II, around 8 copies of Geist, around 5 copies of Metroid Prime 2, several copies of Doom 3, and some other random games.

The strangest thing about the TRU at Tysons closing is that it's such an "upscale" area. Meaning, there's money there or at least people who think they have money there so it's hard to believe that a big name store such as TRU couldn't make enough money there. The other strange thing is that the CC moved from that little strip mall area next to Tysons to off of 7. It's probably better for them in terms of visibility but it's a pain in the ass to get in and out of that store now that it's where it is. After all, Tysons is nothing but one big traffic jam.

Edit: I was also at the TRU in Sterling. There were 50 copies or so of Final Fantasy DOS, a bunch of Golden Sun Lost Age and maybe an Ace Combat GBA and their table had a bunch of stuff but nothing out of the ordinary though and they ARE NOT going on of business. I think the GBA games are always the first to go in sales like this.

[quote name='bradr']The strangest thing about the TRU at Tysons closing is that it's such an "upscale" area. Meaning, there's money there or at least people who think they have money there so it's hard to believe that a big name store such as TRU couldn't make enough money there. The other strange thing is that the CC moved from that little strip mall area next to Tysons to off of 7. It's probably better for them in terms of visibility but it's a pain in the ass to get in and out of that store now that it's where it is. After all, Tysons is nothing but one big traffic jam.

Edit: I was also at the TRU in Sterling. There were 50 copies or so of Final Fantasy DOS, a bunch of Golden Sun Lost Age and maybe an Ace Combat GBA and their table had a bunch of stuff but nothing out of the ordinary though and they ARE NOT going on of business. I think the GBA games are always the first to go in sales like this.[/QUOTE]

yea i was there on saturday.. im glad that store isn't going away. You figured that tysons corner is a heavly travelled area they would keep in business.

but oh well.

Sad to see the tyson's TRU closing, but it didn't surprise me to much to hear that it was on the closing list. Whenever I go in there, which isn't often, it seems like there's hardly anyone in there, especially for the pretty good location.

Odd thing I saw at the Tyson's Circuit City tonight. For some reason, every single video game was turned backwards. Really made it impossible to actually see what they had in stock.

I once went to a KB right at the start of the big KB $5 sale and their video game case was EMPTY. Literally, not one game. I asked if they had video games and the woman looks at me and says "Not today!" but nothing else. I was too confused to ask any further and til this day it still perplexes me.

But anyway, I was at the Bailey's TRU last night. They have two tables of $9.99 games set up but not much interesting. A lot of Rise to Honors, Texas Poker and a smattering of random XBox games.

I hope a new sale starts at some store somewhere in the area, it looks like the TRUs around here are cleaned out and I want to get some games for cheap!

That TRU @ Tyson's seems like it's closing down ALL the time. Maybe it's just the fact that the stores next to it have been changed like 12 times in the past 6 years, but it seems like it's always "Going out of business" but it's never gone.

The thing with tysons corner is rent or lease is expensive... I believe there going to change it to a babies r us.. or reformatting the store or entirally theyll be gone.... But that store look bad. the one in sterrling looked state of the art... The tysons corner circuitcity look like junk...

There used to be a Kids R Us next to the TRU in Tyson's. Now a Babies R Us? They're going through the entire cycle, huh?

bread's done
Back