Northern Virginia Deals Thread

elprincipe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
I guess this goes here as we're not really Washington DC. We're Virginians, damnit, and proud of it!

Anyway, to start us off, there are a whole rack of GTA: San Andreas 0.01 guides at the Tysons Corner Best Buy (Route 7, across from Tysons Corner mall, validated parking free when visiting BB). Was there today and got some, but there are A LOT more. Make sure to grab the ones that are for PS2 and not PC/XBOX, as the PC/XBOX ones are not 0.01.

[quote name='adidas']The thing with tysons corner is rent or lease is expensive... I believe there going to change it to a babies r us.. or reformatting the store or entirally theyll be gone.... But that store look bad. the one in sterrling looked state of the art... The tysons corner circuitcity look like junk...[/QUOTE]

True the Sterling store does have better looking displays, better staff than the fairlakes location. They hire some really shitty people at fairlakes..those who live near the sterling location is in heaven when they walk into that store :p

I almost killed this one adolescent R-Zone TRU employee.

Anyway, I picked up Guitar Hero at BB in Reston for $60 after the coupon. So worth it. If anyone ever thought about it, do it before that coupon expires, if you haven't already. Reston had 9 copies left.

[quote name='Farny']I almost killed this one adolescent R-Zone TRU employee.

Anyway, I picked up Guitar Hero at BB in Reston for $60 after the coupon. So worth it. If anyone ever thought about it, do it before that coupon expires, if you haven't already. Reston had 9 copies left.[/QUOTE]

you know my brother would probibly get a kick out of this when he comes to visit, he use to play guitar long ago before he got married.

i can't play shit on these things...i wonder how long til the novilty of this wears off and i get bored with it and move on to something else?

For anyone interested, I went by CompUSA near the Landmark mall the other day and there was a good-size bin of cheap (

[quote name='sidlon']Out of curiosity, has anyone spotted any local deals on soccer games of PS2? (fifa, winning eleven, etc)

- Mike[/QUOTE]

Not really. They tend to be very popular in the area from what I've seen, tough to get a good deal even on old FIFA games. The best I've done is $10 for FIFA Street from TRU when that got marked down.

[quote name='Biff Lugnut']What's the percentage off at the Tyson's TRU?[/QUOTE]

Good question. I'm ready to head over there when it gets high enough and hopefully find some good stuff.

[quote name='Biff Lugnut']What's the percentage off at the Tyson's TRU?[/QUOTE]

It's now 30% off games and systems. 50% off accessories. The only system they have left is the Gamecube. So if you are interested you can get a Gamecube for $70. That's a pretty good deal if you ask me. I'm thinking I should have stopped by the first day of the sale to see if I could have gotten a PSP for $225. Doh.

Also, anyone looking for Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition. It looks like Best Buy now has them in stock. There are two left in the Tysons Best Buy but they should be every where also. Good excuse to use a Gamer Gift Card coupon.

[quote name='MadFlava']It's now 30% off games and systems. 50% off accessories. The only system they have left is the Gamecube. So if you are interested you can get a Gamecube for $70. That's a pretty good deal if you ask me. I'm thinking I should have stopped by the first day of the sale to see if I could have gotten a PSP for $225. Doh.

Also, anyone looking for Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition. It looks like Best Buy now has them in stock. There are two left in the Tysons Best Buy but they should be every where also. Good excuse to use a Gamer Gift Card coupon.[/QUOTE]

:O 30% off game systems!!!! damn

it would be nice to get an xbox without the bundle for 30% off. I was going to get DMC3:SE but since its coming to the PC soon, might as well wait right?

Too bad we don't have an insider to tip us off when the % will increase. I'm sure there will be something worthwhile when it gets to 50% or more.

I posted this in the Washington DC thread, but figured I'd throw it here, too. I'm looking to unload my Donkey Konga with 4 bongos - 2 bongos are brand new, never used. I thought I should put it here because shipping on it might be a little much so someone local would be best. If you're interested, PM me an offer. Thanks!

[quote name='ITDEFX']:O 30% off game systems!!!! damn

it would be nice to get an xbox without the bundle for 30% off. I was going to get DMC3:SE but since its coming to the PC soon, might as well wait right?[/QUOTE]

Well, they only have Gamecube systems left the last time I checked. All the Xbox's, DS', GBA's, and PS2's were cleaned out on the first day.

I checked out Tysons on Monday and there is not much left. They did have promo posters for $2. I got 6 of them. The TRU in Wheaton, MD is 50% off games now.

[quote name='DuckM4n']wheaton isnt really northern virginia, wish i had a better car then id be everywhere loooking for deals[/QUOTE]

Sure it's not, but it's still relevant as if you're desperate enough for deals it might be worth a drive, or if you're up that way for something else.

Don't even waste your time going to Tyson's TRU now. They had everything at 90% yesterday and when I got there, the only things left were shelving they were trying to sell. Everything else was GONE. I guess today may be the last day that store is open. Too bad, it was the one thing in Tyson's that wasn't overflowing with people.... of course, then it makes sense that the store would close.

[quote name='bradr']Don't even waste your time going to Tyson's TRU now. They had everything at 90% yesterday and when I got there, the only things left were shelving they were trying to sell. Everything else was GONE. I guess today may be the last day that store is open. Too bad, it was the one thing in Tyson's that wasn't overflowing with people.... of course, then it makes sense that the store would close.[/QUOTE]

good fucking greif!!!!!!! 90% what the heck is someone suppose to do with 90% off power ranger toys :O Hmm I could have used some shelves right about now.. That was a big jump :(

lol i dont know about you but i find it funny when stores going out of business sell everything they own lol i wonder if they sold the ps2, xbox, gcube and ds kiosks too

[quote name='DuckM4n']lol i dont know about you but i find it funny when stores going out of business sell everything they own lol i wonder if they sold the ps2, xbox, gcube and ds kiosks too[/QUOTE]

although it would be *cool* to own, i don't think its worth the trouble getting it out of the store and into your car/truck then finding a place in your house to place it at. And the fact is that the hardware life has been reduced by so much because its basically on all the time plus the fact that the controller is problibly on its last leg or already busted up. And finally...unless your going hose that thing down with some major disinfectant, be prepaired to take home a hive of germs because of all the kids who didn't wash there hands and played the system after wards. :O

A little bit off-topic, but I was just wondering if there are any good import game stores in Northern Virginia or DC. I'm not aware of any and would prefer doing it that way over the online way. Thanks

Went by the Tysons Corner Circuit City today (the one by the mall). Met another CAG there, he was nice and gave me his Monster Hunter. However, there was another copy, so if you're reading this and want that, there's one left! Also lots of Zelda/Pitfall, Dig Dug DS, one Castlevania CoD PS2, bunch of other stuff around. Clerks were very nice and helpful as well.

Anyone visited other area CCs? There are a few things I wanted but they did not have.

[quote name='elprincipe']Went by the Tysons Corner Circuit City today (the one by the mall). Met another CAG there, he was nice and gave me his Monster Hunter. However, there was another copy, so if you're reading this and want that, there's one left! Also lots of Zelda/Pitfall, Dig Dug DS, one Castlevania CoD PS2, bunch of other stuff around. Clerks were very nice and helpful as well.

Anyone visited other area CCs? There are a few things I wanted but they did not have.[/QUOTE]
Hey, I was the employee who helped you out at the Tysons CC. Small world, huh? The CC has dozens of Zelda + Pitfall combos, some other games I know we have are Haunting Ground, Sigma Star Saga, Half Life 2 Xbox, Far Cry Instincts, Polarium, and some others I can't think of off the top of my head.

I went to the CC in Manassas and forgot the list of games in this sale that I was interested in. There was no indication of it going on at this one and I could only find two games in the sale at the store. I'll just go back the weekend when the sale is supposed to start.

[quote name='dd_mcdoodle']Hey, I was the employee who helped you out at the Tysons CC. Small world, huh? The CC has dozens of Zelda + Pitfall combos, some other games I know we have are Haunting Ground, Sigma Star Saga, Half Life 2 Xbox, Far Cry Instincts, Polarium, and some others I can't think of off the top of my head.[/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks for the help! :)

Between the two Tysons CC stores and the Springfield one, here's what my girlfriend and I picked up yesterday:

ps2:
ultimate spiderman
indigo prophecy
true crime nyc
def jam fight for new york
full spectrum warrior
world tour soccer 2006
gba:
dr mario + puzzle league

Some other PS2 games I saw on shelves yesterday:
gun
area 51
ssx on tour (a great game)
driver parallel lines
black hawk down

So here's what I'm currently looking for (ps2). Has anyone seen them?
fifa 2005
fifa street
world soccer winning eleven 8
eyetoy antigrav
we love katamari

I was just at the CC at Tysons I - the one by the mall. They have a bin with the sale games and a bunch more of the sale games still on the shelf.

For Xbox I saw some Far Cry Instincts, Half Life 2, and others. Look around if you go.

You should also check out the other Tysons CC branch (on rt 7, across from the TRU). I picked up Warriors & Hulk UD there yesterday.

Nothing was set aside, but there seemed to be a lot on the shelves.

Last Sunday I checked the CC in Fairfax. They had three bins of $8.96 games out. Lots of copies of stuff like Path of Neo, From Russia With Love, and a bunch of bad GBA games. There was one copy of Far Cry, but I don't know if its still there.

Hit up the Best Buy in Fair Lakes today. After I snagged my copy, there were three copies of Drill Dozer on the shelf. I know a lot of people were looking for this with the CC sale, so hope this helps. Besides, $9.99 for Drill Dozer is WELL worth it.

with this weeks B1G1F at CC (19.99 or less), the Fairfax CC store has a shit load of PC games as of 5pm... I was really afraid that I would not find anything but this is what I picked up

Xmen Legends 2 (on sale for 9.99!!!!!!!!!, 19.99 everwhere else, has 29.99 on the tag :whistle2:O )
Outrun Coast to Coast (FIRST TIME I HAVE SEEN IT STOCKED AT THAT CC!)
Battlefield 1942:the complete collection (19.99)
Cars (for my nephew)
18 Wheeler (for my nephew)
another copy of XML2 (for my friend)

This is what I did
stacked it in this order

Cars
*18 Wheeler
XML2
*XML2
Battlefield 1942
*OR:C2C

the * means I got it for free, or a penny!! :p There was this moron who works the media department kept on giving me an excuse that not all 19.99 pc games are b1g1f..even though the sign says ALL PC games 19.99 or less b1g1f...so I moved on to the main cashier.

I think this is my best deal find of the summer of 2006!

BBY (Tyson's Corner - Vienna, VA) 50% off Certain PS2 and Xbox Games

About 35-50 titles for each system are on sale in eight black packing bins by the entrance. The list of games on sale are on the bins, but cameraphone couldn't take a clear picture.

Mostly platinum hits and crummy titles. I saw a copy of Riddick for Xbox. I picked up Destroy All Humans. Looks like they are clearing stock for the new systems.

YMMV anywhere else. I didn't see this advertised, but there was a mild frenzy digging through the boxes when I was there this afternoon.

[quote name='dd_mcdoodle']The CC in Tyson's (next to the mall) has a few copies of Suikoden Tactics for $9.99 in stock, if anyone is looking for the game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I actually tried looking for that game a few weeks ago at that very store, no dice. I guess they got a resupply from the warehouse or something.

[quote name='elprincipe']Thanks for the info. I actually tried looking for that game a few weeks ago at that very store, no dice. I guess they got a resupply from the warehouse or something.[/QUOTE]Let me know if you want me to set a copy aside for you, as I work at the Tysons CC.

[quote name='dd_mcdoodle']Let me know if you want me to set a copy aside for you, as I work at the Tysons CC.[/QUOTE]

If you read this, yes. I am going there later today. Thanks for the offer! But perhaps this is too late for you to read it. In any case, thanks.

[quote name='elprincipe']If you read this, yes. I am going there later today. Thanks for the offer! But perhaps this is too late for you to read it. In any case, thanks.[/QUOTE]Sure, I have work at 2 PM today, and I have a lunch break from 4 to 5 PM. I will be there the rest of the time, though.

[quote name='dd_mcdoodle']Sure, I have work at 2 PM today, and I have a lunch break from 4 to 5 PM. I will be there the rest of the time, though.[/QUOTE]

FYI I came by there this afternoon and bought a copy. It was in the big bin of "$14.99 and under" games. So if that is different than the one you were holding, I did get a copy. Perhaps another local CAG is looking for this game?

In any case, thanks so very much for looking out! :D

[quote name='elprincipe']FYI I came by there this afternoon and bought a copy. It was in the big bin of "$14.99 and under" games. So if that is different than the one you were holding, I did get a copy. Perhaps another local CAG is looking for this game?

In any case, thanks so very much for looking out! :D[/QUOTE]
I think I rang you up, if you were the guy who came in around 3 and bought the game. Yeah, I put a copy aside, but you got the other copy that was in the bin. Enjoy, and if any CAGs need me to check something or hold an item at CC in Tysons, let me know.

[quote name='dd_mcdoodle']I think I rang you up, if you were the guy who came in around 3 and bought the game. Yeah, I put a copy aside, but you got the other copy that was in the bin. Enjoy, and if any CAGs need me to check something or hold an item at CC in Tysons, let me know.[/QUOTE]

Oh, okay, sorry, thought it must not have been you since you took me to a different register. Thanks very much for your help and the heads-up!

[quote name='buckythekat']hey anyone that can might want to check out eStarland's Star-tacular Saturday sale (occurs weekly)

they have some pretty good deals going on during those, located at their warehouse on spring street in Fairfax[/QUOTE]

wow I thought the estarland that stayed opened was the one I was told in Annindale. :|

I might just check it out... all this time I passed tru there and didn't know it was right near microcenter :|

[quote name='ITDEFX']wow I thought the estarland that stayed opened was the one I was told in Annindale. :|

I might just check it out... all this time I passed tru there and didn't know it was right near microcenter :|[/quote]

this is just their warehouse location but you can do pick up and drop off for orders and trade-ins from the website there (just specify in the note part of the checkout process that you plan to pick up your order, saves a lot of money on shipping)

the only time they have shopping at this location is the saturday sales

bread's done
Back