Nov 2012 @Gamer $10 NFS: The Run, $20 Naruto, $45 DoA 5, $10 off used game $29.99+

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Lots of Fail This month guys... :booty:

October @Gamer Thread Link Here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329219

THESE COUPONS ARE NOT FROM THE $10 "FALL SPECIAL" COD ISSUE & THE COD ISSUE IS NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF THE $15 PAID GAMERS CLUB UNLOCKED SUBSCRIPTION SO YOU MUST SPEND AN ADDITIONAL $10 IF YOU WANT ANY OF THE COUPONS FROM THAT(COD) ISSUE.(Link below)

CREDIT + THANX TO Enuf (For the template)

November @Gamer Coupons

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengence is on the cover
Coupons are valid 11/4/2012 thru 12/1/2012

icon10.gif
Coupons DO STACK with SALE prices(no override should be needed since they now state "valid on sale prices")
icon10.gif
Coupons DO STACK with the 10% discount on USED games for GCU($15 PAID MEMBERSHIP)
icon8.gif
Coupons DO NO STACK with PRICE MATCHES, "PACKAGE" deals (buy 2 get 1, etc), other coupons on the same title or other promotions (monthly 10% off, etc)
:joystick:Coupons DO NOT WORK with ONLINE ORDERING yet BUT if enough people "KUDO" in the link provided below BestBuy will change the coupons accordingly like they did with coupons stacking with sale prices.
:nottalking:BestBuy allowing a single coupon to be used on 2 copies of the same game is COMPLETELY YMMV but per the wording on the coupon 1 per game.

The November mag cost $5 for a single issue or it's free with $15 Gamers club Unlocked(GCU) subscription. Mag has to been scanned in the same transaction with the subscription barcode from the GCU subscription booklet(found in-store behind the trade in counter) or printout from gaming kiosk.

PRICES IN GREEN REPRESENT THE PRICE YOU PAY AFTER THE COUPON IS DEDUCTED

$45 Dead or Alive 5 AFTER $15 off Coupon
:360: Click Me
:ps3: Click Me

$10 Need For Speed: The Run AFTER $10 off Coupon

$20 Naruto Shippuden: UNS Generations AFTER $10 off Coupon

$45 NBA Baller Beats AFTER $15 off Coupon

$60 Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 Bundle AFTER $20 off Coupon
:wii: Coupon says Wii but I can't find it on BB's site

$10 off any pre-owned game over $29.99
Click Me

$280 Astro A50 Headset AFTER $20 off Coupon
Click Me

$5 Call of Duty @Gamer Magazine AFTER $5 off Coupon :roll:
Click Me

COD @Gamer Magazine Coupon Expiration Dates:
$20 off COD: Black Ops for Xbox360 and PS3
(Effective 9/30/12-11/10/12)

$20 off COD: Modern Warfare 3 for Xbox360 and PS3

$15 off Hauppauge HD-PVR2

$20 off select Gunnar Optics for Gaming:
SKUs 6621636, 1177374, 4833917

$15 off 12 Month subscription for Xbox LIVE (Effective 9/30/12-11/3/12)

$15 off 12 Month subscription for PlayStation Plus
(Effective 9/30/12-11/17/12)

$30 off Turtle Beach CoD Black Ops Headset Tango
(Effective 10/28/12-11/17/12)

$10 off COD: Modern Warfare 2 for Xbox360 and PS3
(Effective 11/11/12-1/5/13)

Fall COD Special Issue
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...er/td-p/586998

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=327310

Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...11/td-p/320180

Having problems receiving your mag on time/at all contact @gamer CS direct @ 1-800-678-3643
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/FA...s_mag_code=GMR
You may also want to contact your local postmaster as well

Vote for getting the coupons to work online
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...e/idi-p/475807

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gettinmoney662']Everyone complains about the @Gamer coupons until Best Buy does a sale on one of the games. Then everyone praises Best Buy and loves them again.[/QUOTE]

This is true alot of the time,

But this month I look at the list and even if all the games were $10, I wouldn't bother with any of them.

MAYBE DoA 5 if it hit $10 just so I could play it then flip it, but that probably won't happen. Even For $20 I would probably pass.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Everyone complains about the @Gamer coupons until Best Buy does a sale on one of the games. Then everyone praises Best Buy and loves them again.[/QUOTE]
You did this on the Amazon Gold Box thread too. You use "everyone" but not everyone complains and not everyone praises. You should just call out the people that complain about the lack of deal then later change their stand to praising bestbuy. Because I'm sure most cases, the whiners and the praisers are different people.

[quote name='Investor']Nah. The last Naruto was so much better. This Generation one has no boss battles, which were the best part of the previous game.[/QUOTE]
The 70+ characters make up for it. And the fighting mechanics and online play are leagues better than 2. Its not so much better.

[quote name='BoromirsFan']does anyone else think @gamer has really declined? For the longest time there have zero deals that are steals like last year.[/QUOTE]

It depends on what you consider 'steals' and how you're defining 'longest time.' The coupons for last and this month are not as "good" as they have been previously, re: big discounts on recent games, but before that, there has generally been 1-2 coupons I would use a month. Maybe not phenomenal deals, but deals nonetheless.

Looks like a second straight month with no activity for me.

Not complaining though. Even though I renewed in September, I haven't gotten the October issue. I don't anticipate getting the November issue either. But I would like to get the welcome packet in a timely fashion. Hopefully before BF hits.

No magazine yet, seems I get it the day before the coupons go live or early in the peroid every month. Oh well nothing i'll be buying this month anyway unless BF brings along a big double dip.

Well I grabbed DOA 5 on release day. So it looks like I will be returning that and just rebuying using the coupon regardless. Thanks OP

Still confused about the complaining. Its $15 a year. For extra bonuses and a magazine that gives you coupons. I get the Sunday paper and don't bitch if a week goes by and I don't have grocery coupons that I want to use in there. I know that in the long run it will more then pay for itself. Hell, @Gamer has paid for itself with the 10% extra TIV stuff. Between the coupons in the Mag and the monthly deals (like Future Solider getting $30 off) the $15 I spent last month to renew already paid for itself.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']last year was probably an estimation for them on how to go about doing these sales. that one issue with $5 rage, bulletstorm, batman probably made them learn their lesson. hard. short-run decisions aren't always perfectly rational or optimal, but they get corrected pretty quickly. i'd expect these coupons to range from shitty to mediocre from now on, with one coupon an issue being decent enough to even use. the gamersclub sub is still beneficial because of pre-order deals and the trade-in bonus, but i won't hold my breath for issues anymore.[/QUOTE]

Exactly the early deals were just testing participation, then they slowly learn buying habits so they can maximize profit. They probably now know the % of people that will use the coupon first week no matter what and how many units they can move on the last week if they have excess inventory.

The last game I used the magazine for was Mass Effect 3 for $10. I've been playing it non stop for a month now, so I can't really complain. As far as this issue and the last one though I won't be using any coupons. I don't expect to see any good coupons until after Christmas.

[quote name='loomis1975']I was thinking hey maybe get The Run for $10 or $5 if it drops in price a bit, mentioned it to my wife, who went and grabbed it off the shelf, and said, you mean this game you bought back in July for $5 and HAVEN'T opened yet?

Hell hath no fury like a woman making a point in detriment to her husbands gaming habit.

So many NFS games, how the heck can I keep track of all of them, and now they are repeating game names, during the same console generation.

I'm doomed.[/QUOTE]

Hahah backlogs are awful. As long as you buy them at the $5 - $10 range you'll usually at least break even trading them back in during the right promotion at least.

[quote name='htz']I'm kinda glad the coupons have been lackluster the past 2 months cause we all know come by the end of this month, our wallets will be taking a beating.[/QUOTE]

this.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Looks like a second straight month with no activity for me.

Not complaining though. Even though I renewed in September, I haven't gotten the October issue. I don't anticipate getting the November issue either. But I would like to get the welcome packet in a timely fashion. Hopefully before BF hits.[/QUOTE]

I guess I should renew since my last issue is supposed to be next month then. Probably will do that tomorrow when I go pick up my Nightmare Before X-Mas 3D Blu-ray.

Not that the coupons have been extraordinary or anything but still....

I kind of expected the Gamer Mag Coupons would be a bust this month due to Black Friday anyhow. I'm hoping they are saving the better coupons for Dec/Jan...more so Jan so I can recoup from Black Friday >_>

[quote name='TooPoor']Does the generations have japnese audio?[/QUOTE]
Did some digging around myself since no one answered me :cry:, and it is reported that it does.
If anyone can confirm I would greatly appreciate it.

I dont find these month's coupons HORRIBLE, there ok. I wish it would of been $25-30 off DOA5 instead. They could of put a better racing gameon sale other than The Run (Im sure if someone really wanted it, they would of gotten in on it when it was $5). Naurto for $20 is fine, hell it might even go on sale. Yeah there's no boss fights but its still one great game and a noteable entry into the best anime fighting series currently.
Generations will hold your naruto fix until storm 3 comes out.

^ Yes, you can have it either dubbed or in original voices. I prefer the japenese voices since im so used to hearing it.

[quote name='TooPoor']Did some digging around myself since no one answered me :cry:, and it is reported that it does.
If anyone can confirm I would greatly appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, thank god. I am pretty sure Naruto fans would riot if they had to put up with that terrible dub.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Yeah, thank god. I am pretty sure Naruto fans would riot if they had to put up with that terrible dub.[/QUOTE]
Thanks a lot, I just needed a solid confirmation. Sometimes online sources will lie (last time it was about Inversion having split screen co-op when apparently it does not).

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Picked up NFS- The Run today. Also found and price matched a copy of Mass Effect Platinum Hits for $7.99.[/QUOTE]

PMed who?

[quote name='BoromirsFan']does anyone else think @gamer has really declined? For the longest time there have zero deals that are steals like last year.[/QUOTE]

i kinda agree, but then again we had a streak of amazing deals that i can't complain.

Skyward Sword $15
Witcher 2 $10
Mass Effect 3 $10
Amalur: $10

Plus those awesome clearance sales in august.

Need for Speed: The Run is looking pretty good at only 10 bucks with coupon. Like others have said, its 15 a year, you get benefits and coupons, you are not really out anything so quit complaining.

Somewhat off topic, but I totally pulled the CoD issue coupons out of a trashcan located just outside the Best Buy entrance. Went in expecting to use the $15 off PS+, but they were out of stock.

I received my November issue in the mail today. I would expect most people to get theirs soon as well.

Coupons are meh, but they do review AC3 and Halo 4 in the issue which was somewhat interesting to read.

[quote name='Jampack200']Can anyone comment on the Astros for the PS3? I'm looking to get a wireless pair and well, if there is isn't much difference between this one and that PS3 wireless one, I'll just go with that one[/QUOTE]

I have not tried the ps3 wireless set but the a50s are good. Super comfortable especially if you wear glasses. The sound quality is good and punchy but a bit muffled vs most headphones in this price range. Also it would work with pc xbox or your tv.

I bought a pair right when they came out from bb and ended up returning it. I kept my old setup of a astro mixamp and a pair of HD598s. When they worked the a50s worked really well but they would stop working every once in a while and the none removable battery was the dealbreakers for me.

Since BB has such a good return policy i would try them both out and see which one you like better.

[quote name='haveacigar_46']Need for Speed: The Run is looking pretty good at only 10 bucks with coupon. Like others have said, its 15 a year, you get benefits and coupons, you are not really out anything so quit complaining.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure folks would be more excited about NFS if most everyone here hadn't already got it for 5 as a DotD awhile back. So if you missed out or can't find the keys to your time machine I would say go for it.
Overall coupons have been great this year. Can't expect freebies or 5 buck games every month.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I missed that 5$ deal awhile back and I have a 5$ reward zone coupon. Should I bite on nfs ?[/QUOTE]
Mixed but mostly negative reviews. Very arcady to me. But ... For the price if you buy it you could always trade it to GS and get most of your money back. If its just backlog filler I would wait. If you are buying to play now I say go for it.

The actual racing is great in NFS: The Run...but the GTEs, unskippable cut scenes, and the story all leave something to be desired. NFS: Most Wanted is definitely the superior racer (of the two), but The Run might tide you over until MW sees a discount.

[quote name='knight19']The actual racing is great in NFS: The Run...but the GTEs, unskippable cut scenes, and the story all leave something to be desired. NFS: Most Wanted is definitely the superior racer (of the two), but The Run might tide you over until MW sees a discount.[/QUOTE]

:roll: Yeah try more like in two weeks

[quote name='knight19']The actual racing is great in NFS: The Run...but the GTEs, unskippable cut scenes, and the story all leave something to be desired. NFS: Most Wanted is definitely the superior racer (of the two), but The Run might tide you over until MW sees a discount.[/QUOTE]
I hear MW is not as fun if you are not playing online?

[quote name='TooPoor']I hear MW is not as fun if you are not playing online?[/QUOTE]

I could definitely see it getting stale. It has online like burnout where there's 8 of ya doing events, races, etc.(which is a blast imo). Then there's the online social stuff that's in your single player game, others fastest times, longest jumps, etc.(which is cool)

[quote name='TooPoor']I hear MW is not as fun if you are not playing online?[/QUOTE]

I don't have XBOX Live, so I beat the MW rivals (there are 10) in about 11-12 hours. There's more I can do (each car has five events, with some overlap between cars/events), but I opted to move onto to Halo for the time being.

[quote name='lwhitit']I have not tried the ps3 wireless set but the a50s are good. Super comfortable especially if you wear glasses. The sound quality is good and punchy but a bit muffled vs most headphones in this price range. Also it would work with pc xbox or your tv.

I bought a pair right when they came out from bb and ended up returning it. I kept my old setup of a astro mixamp and a pair of HD598s. When they worked the a50s worked really well but they would stop working every once in a while and the none removable battery was the dealbreakers for me.

Since BB has such a good return policy i would try them both out and see which one you like better.[/QUOTE]

I have the A50s and really like them. It took a week for them to grow on me, however, but I prefer them over my surround sound now. They used to have a problem with occassionally cutting out for a second, but if you have a computer you can update the headphones and mixamp, which fixes this problem. I think they're worth the money, however they are anything but a necessity for a gamer.

[quote name='knight19']I don't have XBOX Live, so I beat the MW rivals (there are 10) in about 11-12 hours. There's more I can do (each car has five events, with some overlap between cars/events), but I opted to move onto to Halo for the time being.[/QUOTE]

Good choice lol

I could see them having the better months on purpose to bring in the subs. Like, once you're signed up, they have your money anyways, what is the incentive for them to have killer awesome deals every month, you know? Especially months where there is so many big releases, like this month with the WiiU and COD and everything else.

[quote name='therealdanhill']I could see them having the better months on purpose to bring in the subs. Like, once you're signed up, they have your money anyways, what is the incentive for them to have killer awesome deals every month, you know? Especially months where there is so many big releases, like this month with the WiiU and COD and everything else.[/QUOTE]

Extremely unlikely. As I told you in the other thread, the "good deals" were dumb luck over "lets get subs by giving good deals".

Bulletstorm / Mass Effect 2 for $5 - Very rare to find, most people didn't cash in, most likely clearing out stock.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 for $15 - Most places had sales in the 20 - 30's, so it wasn't too shocking. Not really shocking since the game didn't sell that well.
Assassins Creed Revo $10 (I think it was) - Was trying to drum up interest for 3, trying to clear out stock for 3, trying to get rid of preorder copies, commonly on sale for 30 or less.
Batman Arkham City $10 - GOTY edition was announced shortly after.
Mass Effect 3 $10 - Clearing out stock for Trilogy.
Deadliest Warrior $0 - Random MSRP drop.
Soul Calibur 5 $10 - Poor sales.
Homefront .89 (I think it was) - Extremely poor sale, limited to used.
etc

If you really go down the list, most of the "good games" had a reason for going on sale. Clearing out stock, GOTY edition coming soon, hyping up another title, poor sellers, etc. This fact is highlighted by most CAG's obtaining the preorder DLC with the game. It's honestly hard to say these games are selling well, when most people had relatively no issue getting XIII-2 with the book, the Robin DLC pack, Assassins Creed 1, etc.

What you complainers need to get, is that you're getting a lot with unlocked. 10 magazines, 2x points on game purchases, +10% on trade ins, -10% on used games, welcome coupons, more cash with preorders, better gamers club coupons and roughly 100 coupons for $15 dollars. So are you really getting screwed?

- If you preordered 1 game from the list, you got 10 of your 15 dollars back, plus 120 points. (buy 1 more game from BB at MSRP within a calendar year to break even)
- If you traded in $150 dollars worth of games, you actually made money, since you would get 15 from the bonus + 5 dollars from points.
- If you saved money buying a game with the coupon, that could break you even.
etc

Once you break even (IE make the 15 dollars you spent back), you're entitled to nothing more (honestly you're not even entitled to this, but lets just overlook that), since you can't complain about making or saving money. These coupons work in very logical ways and almost always are useless till a sale rolls around.

Picked up the Astro A50 today with coupon. 280 plus tax but they are worth it. So nice if your on the fence about these they are awesome!

[quote name='admiralvic']Extremely unlikely. As I told you in the other thread, the "good deals" were dumb luck over "lets get subs by giving good deals".

Bulletstorm / Mass Effect 2 for $5 - Very rare to find, most people didn't cash in, most likely clearing out stock.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 for $15 - Most places had sales in the 20 - 30's, so it wasn't too shocking. Not really shocking since the game didn't sell that well.
Assassins Creed Revo $10 (I think it was) - Was trying to drum up interest for 3, trying to clear out stock for 3, trying to get rid of preorder copies, commonly on sale for 30 or less.
etc

If you really go down the list, most of the "good games" had a reason for going on sale. Clearing out stock, GOTY edition coming soon, hyping up another title, poor sellers, etc. This fact is highlighted by most CAG's obtaining the preorder DLC with the game. It's honestly hard to say these games are selling well, when most people had relatively no issue getting XIII-2 with the book, the Robin DLC pack, Assassins Creed 1, etc.

What you complainers need to get, is that you're getting a lot with unlocked. 10 magazines, 2x points on game purchases, +10% on trade ins, -10% on used games, welcome coupons, more cash with preorders, better gamers club coupons and roughly 100 coupons for $15 dollars. So are you really getting screwed?

- If you preordered 1 game from the list, you got 10 of your 15 dollars back, plus 120 points. (buy 1 more game from BB at MSRP within a calendar year to break even)
- If you traded in $150 dollars worth of games, you actually made money, since you would get 15 from the bonus + 5 dollars from points.
etc

Once you break even (IE make the 15 dollars you spent back), you're entitled to nothing more (honestly you're not even entitled to this, but lets just overlook that), since you can't complain about making or saving money. These coupons work in very logical ways and almost always are useless till a sale rolls around.[/QUOTE]

Dude, chill out lol. Best Buy ain't gonna give you anything for your essay. You make good points, but you gotta understand, it isn't always a matter of people thinking they are getting screwed, just a couple bad months for some people, and they feel like expressing that in a thread pertaining to the topic. You don't need to prove anything. If someone ain't happy, they ain't happy, reasonable or not. It's an opinion.

I understand being tired of hearing about it, but that's on you, nobody else.

No Bestbuy in my freaking city has Naruto in stock. Seriously, why is there a coupon for this?

At this point, for me, the coupons have become the icing on the cake. The trade in bonus is more than worth the $14.99 per year.

So if I'm looking at this correctly this is the last week to get the 1 year PS+ card for $15 off, but you have to buy the COD issue to use the coupon correct?

[quote name='admiralvic']Extremely unlikely. As I told you in the other thread, the "good deals" were dumb luck over "lets get subs by giving good deals".

etc

etc

Once you break even (IE make the 15 dollars you spent back), you're entitled to nothing more (honestly you're not even entitled to this, but lets just overlook that), since you can't complain about making or saving money. These coupons work in very logical ways and almost always are useless till a sale rolls around.[/QUOTE]

It's exactly what I've been saying but you get these bitch buy fan boys that go fuckn crazy if you try to shed some light on the deals...

Oh well, can't blame them for their stupidity and ignorance. Just wish I could smack their parents in the face for having/raising such a stupid child.

bread's done
Back