NYC Soda Ban... banned!

[quote name='mykevermin']How do you define junk food?

Singling out one industry is tough - it's not fair, but a step in the right direction. More food industries need to be held accountable for how they produce. It's not a matter of identifying them as "evil companies," but their products have detrimental health effects on people that are scientifically demonstrated. The "evil" part, if it has to exist, is the targeted marketing that seeks to increase consumption (and thus purchases).

Maybe ban McDonald's ads the way cigarette ads are banned? Reducing our concepts of "normal" size drinks is a step in the right direction, but it is a very incomplete step.[/QUOTE]
I'm good with this and would take it even further than tobacco ads by not allowing them at all. I'd also take away toys being bundled with children's meals.

Defining it is a little more difficult, but I think that we all have a common enough understanding of what "junk food" is. If you really want me to articulate it, I'd describe it as anything with artificial compounds to increase mass/volume and alter flavor. I'd make an exemption for nutritional supplements like vitamins and baby formula as well as preservatives. I know it's not exactly fleshed out, but this is on the fly.

Leave it to a Liberal to try and regulate a restaurant for crying out loud. I guess that's the only option when the concept of personal responsibility is so foreign.

Obesity is clearly a problem, always so quick to ban things huh? The best course of action is to nip it in the bud at a young age. My dad taking me to McDonald's every day instilled eating habits that still haunt me today and led me to 250lbs at 8th grade. Luckily i'm normal weight now.

Not saying people that are obese now can't lose weight but after the point where the rascals become taped together, one for each butt cheek I don't know if there's any hope.

[quote name='cfootball1']Leave it to a Liberal to try and regulate a restaurant for crying out loud. I guess that's the only option when the concept of personal responsibility is so foreign.

Obesity is clearly a problem, always so quick to ban things huh? The best course of action is to nip it in the bud at a young age. My dad taking me to McDonald's every day instilled eating habits that still haunt me today and led me to 250lbs at 8th grade. Luckily i'm normal weight now.

Not saying people that are obese now can't lose weight but after the point where the rascals become taped together, one for each butt cheek I don't know if there's any hope.[/QUOTE]

That's the whole point i made before. How can personal responsibility be used in the example you gave?

If a kid is brought up in a certain way, by then you can have an obese kid...is it the kids fault his parents were in part at the very least the cause for him being fat? No. Where as if these things are banned then of course this mistake does not happen.

There are thousands and thousands of parents, who spoil their kids and give their kids what they want. Kids want junk food and junk drinks...it's normal, some parents just don't know how to say no....what's going to happen?

You cant hide behind personal responsibility because it's quite evident that route is leading to an obese nation

[quote name='granturismo']So your solution is?

Allow more crazed gun massacres? And just accept it's gonna happen now and then? Even though it's beginning to happen more frequently?

Let 1 in 4 kids get obese 1 in 3 1 in 2?

Where do you contemplate something has to be done?[/QUOTE]

education > coercion any day of the week.

It is not the government's responsibility to make these choices especially if they believe they have a vested interest.

[quote name='dohdough']I'd also take away toys being bundled with children's meals.[/QUOTE]
What are you a Nazi? Not to mention just the faulty logic behind this statement. Somehow the kids are buying their own food?

In this case, wouldn't personal responsibility be more along the lines of forcing those who have eaten so much that they have become obese and are at a higher risk of health complications pay much higher insurance premiums and taxes to shoulder the burden they have on the system?

Because this currently isn't an issue where one's personal choices only affect himself.

[quote name='dohdough']:rofl:

Obviously, you must not have been lurking vs. very much before you registered on CAG. I think you have Clak mixed up with someone else. I can say with reasonable certainty that the "libs" on vs. are Very hands-off when it comes to reporting questionable posts...I even extend that to most of the "cons," but there is one user that almost seems to have an unhealthy compulsion to be a confrontational passive aggressive troll in almost every post that whines to the mods the second he gets blowback for it. Everyone that's been on vs. for a while knows who it is...and it ain't Clak.[/QUOTE]
Figures that people who don't give a fuck about equality wouldn't understand whether two statements are comparable.

[quote name='UncleBob']The best part is, DD refuses to recognize the fact that Clak and Myke were responsible for the recent "whining to the mods". Even better, Myke makes a post right after DD and doesn't bother to make an effort to correct him.

Stay classy, indeed.[/QUOTE]
How's your wife, bob?;)

But back to the topic, I saw somebody mention portion sizes having gotten smaller, where at exactly? Because I remember a Big Mac being a pretty large hamburger back in the day, now burgers aren't large unless they;re some 1/2 lb angus monster.

[quote name='cfootball1']What are you a Nazi? Not to mention just the faulty logic behind this statement. Somehow the kids are buying their own food?[/QUOTE]

Holy fuck balls. Wanting to take toys out of kid's meals makes me a Nazi? Why don't YOU explain that logic to me.

Do you really think that those fast food companies are just giving toys away just to be nice? Don't be obtuse.

It's a mutli-layered cross-promotion marketing ploy to build an experience and relationship to the restaurant brand as well as the restaurant's media partner that supplies the toy brand to market it as well. If you're half as intelligent as you want us to believe, I'm sure you can extrapolate the rest.

[quote name='Clak']But back to the topic, I saw somebody mention portion sizes having gotten smaller, where at exactly? Because I remember a Big Mac being a pretty large hamburger back in the day, now burgers aren't large unless they;re some 1/2 lb angus monster.[/QUOTE]
Maybe you had smaller hands back in the day?:lol:

Personally, I don't think they've changed sizes at all, but there are more choices in the sizes you can select from. When I was younger and went to steakhouses with my family, a 16oz steak is pretty much as big as you can get like 25 years ago. Now, I've seen them go up to 48oz for a 2 person porterhouse. Shit, that's still like 20oz per person and the bone doesn't weigh a pound.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think junk food can be defined a few ways, including proportion of sugar/salt/fat (or saturated fat, if you prefer) to daily FDA guidelines. If the proportion exceeds, say, 25-30% per serving, then label it as a junk food. It won't be easy, but perhaps that's not because I'm a dietician.

I'm not a dietician, but I think we can get there.

If we agree that the food products are not individually villainous (and I think we can agree on that - one slice of bologna isn't dangerous by itself, but three slices with two slices of american processed cheese, miracle whip and two slices of wonder bread, it's another story).

Perhaps the first step is in identifying appropriate portion sizes - companies create low "portions" on the FDA labels to hide the true horrific nutrition of items. If you're a cereal eater for breakfast, measure your average pour, and you're likely to find that you likely pour 3-4 times what the label identifies as a "serving." This is a tough maneuver, since if we reflect average portions by consumption, it could be misread by consumers as FDA saying "this portion is actually okay for you to have." Which is the opposite of the point.

Here on the east coast, most restaurants have to have visible calorie counts on their menus. Companies fought like hell to keep that from happening, because people might confront the reality that their Big Mac value meal with a Coke is 1500+ calories - that is, one meal is 75% of the recommended calorie intake for the day (and that's not getting into fat/saturated fat and sodium).

Companies want to hide your calorie consumption from you. If you were to only eat one "serving" of cereal for breakfast, you'd buy cereal less often, and that's very ungood for Kellogg's bottom line. If you pour 3x as much, and convince yourself it's "only one serving," then you will buy more cereal.

You matter to the company only at the checkout line, and not when you have to go to the pharmacy to pick up insulin.

[quote name='Clak']Figures that people who don't give a fuck about equality wouldn't understand whether two statements are comparable.[/QUOTE]

Are you a child or something. Equality has been reached now we're at reverse dequality. For example women get paid as much as men in tennis for doing a whole lot less in the name of 'equality'

[quote name='dohdough']Holy fuck balls. Wanting to take toys out of kid's meals makes me a Nazi? Why don't YOU explain that logic to me.

Do you really think that those fast food companies are just giving toys away just to be nice? Don't be obtuse.

It's a mutli-layered cross-promotion marketing ploy to build an experience and relationship to the restaurant brand as well as the restaurant's media partner that supplies the toy brand to market it as well. If you're half as intelligent as you want us to believe, I'm sure you can extrapolate the rest.

Maybe you had smaller hands back in the day?:lol:

Personally, I don't think they've changed sizes at all, but there are more choices in the sizes you can select from. When I was younger and went to steakhouses with my family, a 16oz steak is pretty much as big as you can get like 25 years ago. Now, I've seen them go up to 48oz for a 2 person porterhouse. Shit, that's still like 20oz per person and the bone doesn't weigh a pound.[/QUOTE]I don't know if you have Hardee's up in your area, but their shit is fucking disgusting. I can't even eat their food or my entire GI track revolts against me.

http://www.hardees.com/menu/nutritional_calculator#
Check out the 2/3 lb monster on there. That's big now.

edit- And since it's related to what we eat: http://news.yahoo.com/bills-seek-end-farm-animal-abuse-videos-181902626.html

Carls Jr in my neck of the woods but wtf.... Pork Chops n' Gravy Biscuit?!?!?!:cold: Do people actually eat that shit? Just looking at it gave me a stomach ache, I'm all for biscuits and gravy but that just made my stomach churn.

EDIT: One of the local slaughterhouses here was a part of that, my buddy delivered their final paychecks. I can't remember but a ton of meat most of which went to schools was recalled because of what was going on.

I can't do fast food more than 1-2x a month. Typically I won't even get it unless I'm on a road trip (i.e., not just commuting from place to place). Shit's just too bad for you on any level, as that Hardee's calculator confirms.

Maybe they serve apples on the side, but it's far cheaper and healthier to just buy the apples from the local grocery and avoid Hardee's altogether (though, to be fair, I haven't seen a Hardee's in years, I think).

I last had Taco Bell sometime in 2009-2010, I've never eaten at a number of fast food places. I'm certain I've not had any Burger King this year, and I'm 90% certain I haven't had McDonald's yet in 2013 (worst case scenario, I did one meal at an airport).

That's not to say I'm Sergeant health - my failing is Starbucks. Venti soy no-whip mochas still have uber-plenty of sugar and fat (though I'm far more prone to ordering a red-eye from them).

I think "moderation" is a red herring - we all believe in it, but we all either (1) forget long-term and think in terms of instant gratification, or (2) we do realize long-term consequences but lack the discipline to tell our bodies "no," or "how about an orange instead?"

Shrinking soda sizes won't solve that, so some of you are correct. But Wasink's research conclusively shows how we overconsume without realizing it, so some modicum of limiting our ability to overconsume (since we don't think about it) is a step in the right direction. Getting more fresh veggies (not canned!) in schools might help; kids may still not eat them, but the worst thing we can do is throw our hands up and say "well, just give them what they want to eat." Imagine if we let our children dress themselves for school everyday, by comparison. They're kids, they make poor decisions, and part of our responsibility is to correct those decisions, not enable or encourage them.

My elementary school served pizza hut every Friday, and had a Slush Puppie machine (do those still exist?) in the cafeteria. At the time, I loved it! In hindsight, I haven't had Pizza Hut in well over half a decade or longer, I have no intention of breaking that streak, and I'm resentful that corporate processed cooking made its way into what adults served me - that is, I trust adults in a school cafeteria to provide a healthy, balanced meal. They harmed that trust by serving me Pizza Hut.

I think we need to distinguish between fat people and obese people that will cost us money. Obese people are in complete disregard of what they're putting in their body and probably have never looked at the nutritional information ever. Making no attempts to correct their ways. A Starbuck's mocha doesn't make you obese.

It's absurd to think people driving around in their scooter don't know they're not eating healthy and just need education. They stopped caring.

[quote name='mykevermin']*snip*[/QUOTE]

I think I understand what you mean now. I'm looking forward to reading those books. Also, for some reason I think Mike Haggar every time you post.

Ha, the last person to say they "read" my posts in a certain voice mentioned that actor from Parks and Recreation with the moustache. But I digress.

See, my cafeteria was actually awesomely healthy in retrospect. They served pizza, hamburgers, hotdogs, all stuff that isn't remotely healthy. However, it was so god awful that I just brought a sandwich from home. They inadvertently made me eat healthier. :lol:

[quote name='cfootball1']I think we need to distinguish between fat people and obese people that will cost us money. Obese people are in complete disregard of what they're putting in their body and probably have never looked at the nutritional information ever. Making no attempts to correct their ways. A Starbuck's mocha doesn't make you obese.

It's absurd to think people driving around in their scooter don't know they're not eating healthy and just need education. They stopped caring.[/QUOTE]
Hey, kid. This is nice and all, but I'm still waiting to hear your "logic" about how taking toys out of kid's meals makes me a Nazi.

[quote name='dohdough']Hey, kid. This is nice and all, but I'm still waiting to hear your "logic" about how taking toys out of kid's meals makes me a Nazi.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, the toys in those things are shit.

[quote name='cfootball1']I think we need to distinguish between fat people and obese people that will cost us money. Obese people are in complete disregard of what they're putting in their body and probably have never looked at the nutritional information ever. Making no attempts to correct their ways. A Starbuck's mocha doesn't make you obese.

It's absurd to think people driving around in their scooter don't know they're not eating healthy and just need education. They stopped caring.[/QUOTE]

Many want to stop, they just cant. Some simply didn't understand enough when they got started. & Some are a product of their parents. Like i said before i really don't think more than a tiny percentage want or are comfortable being fat/obese.

People overeat for many reasons and it isn't just as simple as they are fat worthless gluttons with no self control.

I'm willing to admit that advertising plays a part (research the colors yellow and red and its effect on our impulses) and like DD pointed out fast food chains aren't putting toys in children's meals because they're nice companies---they are trying to subliminally gain a customer for life.

However many people overeat because it makes them feel good just like people use drugs not because they want to be druggies but because they are compensating for something---and they like the neurotransmitter release that it provides. Food can have the same effect.

People are always going to eat and they are primarily going to eat foods that make them feel good. If we can find a way to substitute healthier foods or foods that are MADE healthier (i.e. less sodium, trans ft, etc.) we'll be far ahead then instituting bans on things like sodas.

You can't expect people to have the self control to monitor their servings or portions. You can't give a heroin addict access to all the heroine they could ever want and expect them to just shoot up once a day.

And believe it or not, as I said earlier many restaurants and fast food chains are offering smaller portions. Just look at Ruby Tuesdays, TGIF, Applebees, Cheesecake Factory, McDonalds, etc. They all menus with items that are smaller in size/portion.

That doesn't mean that it's healthy, it doesn't mean people are going to eat less. Very few people treat their body like a machine and only intake what is necessary to keep it going (and the proper ratio of fat:carb:protein).

Really so if you call food a drug of addiction then I guess we should limit it, just like regular drugs..

Thats like saying a occasional pot smoker is as dangerous as a daily pot smoker... WE NEED TO BAN FOOD NOW...

[quote name='GBAstar']And believe it or not, as I said earlier many restaurants and fast food chains are offering smaller portions. Just look at Ruby Tuesdays, TGIF, Applebees, Cheesecake Factory, McDonalds, etc. They all menus with items that are smaller in size/portion.[/QUOTE]

Isn't Cheesecake Factory one of the unhealthiest places to eat? Worse than any fast food place? Smaller portions seem like it'd so jack all.

[quote name='elessar123']Isn't Cheesecake Factory one of the unhealthiest places to eat? Worse than any fast food place? Smaller portions seem like it'd so jack all.[/QUOTE]

The answer to all of our problems is that we need to ban spoons. They are the direct cause of all our weight related issues.

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']Really so if you call food a drug of addiction then I guess we should limit it, just like regular drugs..

Thats like saying a occasional pot smoker is as dangerous as a daily pot smoker... WE NEED TO BAN FOOD NOW...[/QUOTE]

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. :roll:

Listen, I'm sure you don't understand, wouldn't understand and most likely don't have the ability to understand what I'm saying.

People have certain dependency's on the chemicals released by eating certain types of food. The chemicals released are neurotransmitters and can help fight anxiety and depression as well as elevate your mood.

This is not theory. It is a fact.

Certain types of food, mainly those with high levels of carbohydrates can have the greatest effect. What are some things with high levels of carbohydrates? Hmmm... what has lots of sugar? Geez... soda? French Fries? And all kinds of other unhealthy things.

People eat these foods and it makes them feel a certain way; most often happy(ier). They continue to eat them and continue to seek out these types of food to get that feeling (sound like anything else?)

They're not going to stop doing it just because the government limits how much they can have it one sitting.

[quote name='granturismo']Many want to stop, they just cant. Some simply didn't understand enough when they got started. & Some are a product of their parents. Like i said before i really don't think more than a tiny percentage want or are comfortable being fat/obese.[/QUOTE]

I think the massive success of all of these various "miracle diets" and diet pills attest to that. A lot of people don't really know how to lose weight, have a hard time with the will power to do so, or there's the fact that it's just usually so much easier to eat unhealthily (both because of availability and cost).

[quote name='GBAstar']Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. :roll:

Listen, I'm sure you don't understand, wouldn't understand and most likely don't have the ability to understand what I'm saying.

People have certain dependency's on the chemicals released by eating certain types of food. The chemicals released are neurotransmitters and can help fight anxiety and depression as well as elevate your mood.

This is not theory. It is a fact.

Certain types of food, mainly those with high levels of carbohydrates can have the greatest effect. What are some things with high levels of carbohydrates? Hmmm... what has lots of sugar? Geez... soda? French Fries? And all kinds of other unhealthy things.

People eat these foods and it makes them feel a certain way; most often happy(ier). They continue to eat them and continue to seek out these types of food to get that feeling (sound like anything else?)

They're not going to stop doing it just because the government limits how much they can have it one sitting.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for reminding me about this. I knew there was a relationship between the types of food we crave and how it activates certain parts of the brain, but forgot the details and couldn't ass myself to google it.

We can't be experts at everything I guess.;)

[quote name='dohdough']Thanks for reminding me about this. I knew there was a relationship between the types of food we crave and how it activates certain parts of the brain, but forgot the details and couldn't ass myself to google it.

We can't be experts at everything I guess.;)[/QUOTE]

I don't remember all the research; some of it I studied on my own time and the rest I picked up in a science of nutrition course I took one summer.

What it comes down to is that certain types of food release neurotransmitters--the same ones that regulate mood (some foods more then others).

Here is a pretty interesting article regarding the science behind it (food affect on brain)

http://ezinearticles.com/?Fast-Food-Effects-On-Neurotransmitters-Causes-Brain-Addiction&id=6131153

Fast food effects on the brain

Two things that are often found in fast food are sugar and wheat [i.e. carbohydrates], the two things that seem to be key players in causing the epidemic of diseases of civilization. There are actual research studies showing how these foods cause changes in brain chemistry, involving neurotransmitter receptors for opiates and dopamine.

When sugar is fed to rats, their brains experience neurochemical and behavioral changes that are similar to them consuming narcotics. These changes are specifically found in opiate and dopamine receptors in an area of the brain called the nucleus accumbens.

Another study in rats discovered that down regulation of dopamine receptors is correlated with development of obesity, and this is similar to what happens with reward homeostasis in heroin and cocaine addicts. The rats ate such things as chocolate, frosting and cheesecake.

Gluten proteins in wheat form opioid peptides in the digestive tract

Opioid peptides are short sequences of amino acids that are able to pass through the blood-brain barrier and cause stimulation of opioid receptors in the brain. Substances we know that can do this as well include heroin and morphine, along with natural peptides such as the endorphins that we release automatically after exercise.

There are some studies showing that glutens in wheat can contribute to development of schizophrenia and autism in susceptible people, but it is a known fact that gluten proteins can degenerate the body's intestinal lining. These peptides are thought to be able to enter the bloodstream through this mechanism.

As humans we can be easily manipulated by all our senses. That is why people in advertising make millions. It is why McDonald's has a team of scientists that manipulate the ingredients in its foods. They do this to make it taste better and to make it cheaper but also to make sure our brain remembers what we ate with the goal of making it the most desirable.

For those of you that are well traveled I'm sure you have first hand experience that Pizza Hut pizza doesn't taste the same in Ireland as it does state side. Or a burger from McDonald's tastes quite different in Asia then in America.

Edit: Anyways the key lies in understanding why we eat and why we eat what we eat. You can bet the fast food industry knows this answer and you can bet it doesn't want its customers to know the answer.

It is easy to sit back and say "Look at fattie eat". I have friends I tease and say that one day there is going to be an obesity segment on the news and they're going to be that massive guy they show from behind.

But most people are educated enough to know that fast food isn't good for them and doesn't have a high nutritional value but they keep going back. Maybe it's convenience, maybe it is cost effective but mostly their brain is trained to crave it and the cycle is completed when their brain releases one of many neurotransmitters at the conclusion of the meal which rewards their body with a false sense of accomplishment (i.e. high).

Exactly, which is why the whole freedom of choice argument is blatant BS. This is high scale manipulation at the cost of taxpayers, health etc etc

[quote name='granturismo']Exactly, which is why the whole freedom of choice argument is blatant BS. This is high scale manipulation at the cost of taxpayers, health etc etc[/QUOTE]

It is BS to say that a person shouldn't be able to choose what the eat, assuming it is a legal and widely marketed product?

Some of these products and ingredients shouldn't be sold but if you're going to continue to allow them to be sold it is insulting to try and regulate how much of it can be consumed.

[quote name='GBAstar']It is BS to say that a person shouldn't be able to choose what the eat, assuming it is a legal and widely marketed product?

Some of these products and ingredients shouldn't be sold but if you're going to continue to allow them to be sold it is insulting to try and regulate how much of it can be consumed.[/QUOTE]

Agreed ban them all

So, question... We can regulate the industry, ban advertising, ban the product, jail those who are caught with it, have huge education campaigns about how bad it is for you starting in elementary school...

And yet, folks still do heroin, pot, meth, etc., etc. to the extent that those products destroy lives.

So... what makes anyone think that banning cups over 17 ounces is really going to make a huge difference?

We can't convince people not to do freaking meth - which is some pretty messed up stuff. Yet the solution to obesity is to try and restrict how much someone can purchase at one sitting?

[quote name='UncleBob']So, question... We can regulate the industry, ban advertising, ban the product, jail those who are caught with it, have huge education campaigns about how bad it is for you starting in elementary school...

And yet, folks still do heroin, pot, meth, etc., etc. to the extent that those products destroy lives.

So... what makes anyone think that banning cups over 17 ounces is really going to make a huge difference?

We can't convince people not to do freaking meth - which is some pretty messed up stuff. Yet the solution to obesity is to try and restrict how much someone can purchase at one sitting?[/QUOTE]

This is such a silly point though. If Meth was legal 20 million more people probably would be doing it. There's a LOT of people convinced not to do meth

You have a reliable source for that number?

I can't speak for anyone else, but if Meth were legal, I still wouldn't touch the crap.

[quote name='granturismo']This is such a silly point though. If Meth was legal 20 million more people probably would be doing it. There's a LOT of people convinced not to do meth[/QUOTE]

stewie.png

EDIT: Sorry, I should say why.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_Portugal

[quote name='UncleBob']You have a reliable source for that number?

I can't speak for anyone else, but if Meth were legal, I still wouldn't touch the crap.[/QUOTE]

Me neither, but im sure lots of youngsters would....and on average many would still be doing so in their 20's and thus the numbers using meth increase per generation.

[quote name='UncleBob']So, question... We can regulate the industry, ban advertising, ban the product, jail those who are caught with it, have huge education campaigns about how bad it is for you starting in elementary school...

We can't convince people not to do freaking meth - which is some pretty messed up stuff. Yet the solution to obesity is to try and restrict how much someone can purchase at one sitting?[/QUOTE]

Over 35% of the country is obese and rising. What percentage does meth?

In all honesty, it's an apples/oranges comparison and a very specious argument besides.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='granturismo']???? What's the relevance of Portugal?

No im not retarded? If meth was legal millions more would try it, or take it or have access to it, and it's pretty addictive....so.....:roll:[/QUOTE]

Well, since you're clearly not retarded, you read all about Portugal's decriminalization of ALL drugs and how it didn't affect their addiction rates. :roll:

People don't not do meth because it's illegal. People don't do meth because it's fucking meth. Not everybody has a desire to do drugs. And there certainly aren't very mainly that are holding back just because it's illegal.

[quote name='Cantatus']Over 35% of the country is obese and rising. What percentage does meth?

In all honesty, it's an apples/oranges comparison and a very specious argument besides.[/QUOTE]

Obesity statistics based on studies that use rudimentary scales like BMI are misleading. According to most definitions I was obese during college at 6' 6", 240lbs and less then 10% body fat.

How do you define obese? I was considered an obsese child because when I was growing up they just took your age and your weight... not considering I was 6' tall before I entered Middle School.

Yes we have an obesity problem. Yes an alarming amount of people are obese. But misleading statistics are misleading.

[quote name='dohdough']Hey, kid. This is nice and all, but I'm still waiting to hear your "logic" about how taking toys out of kid's meals makes me a Nazi.[/QUOTE]
It was a joke. Still, how your logical progression somehow led to banning toys from kids meals solves childhood obesity is hilarious to me. The parent completely devoid of any responsibility. Also, are the obese adults in this country eating profusely because of the toys in happy meals?

Kids love Sundays, would you let your kid eat Sundays for dinner?

[quote name='cfootball1']It was a joke. Still, how your logical progression somehow led to banning toys from kids meals solves childhood obesity is hilarious to me. The parent completely devoid of any responsibility. Also, are the obese adults in this country eating profusely because of the toys in happy meals?

Kids love Sundays, would you let your kid eat Sundays for dinner?[/QUOTE]

As much as I loved Happy Meal toys as a kid, I think the argument is that they cause a Pavlovian desire for more junk from McDonald's.

Are you referring to sundaes with your second point? If not I think you have kids confused with this guy.

bread's done
Back