NYC Soda Ban... banned!

I think myke meant that there are natually occurring eggs that aren't white - there are brown ones, blue ones, speckled, etc. "All" in this case means "all varieties of eggs that exist" rather than "all-white-in-appearance."

Just my guess though.

[quote name='mykevermin']right-o.[/QUOTE]

I see. My stores usually sell both white and brown, so I thought he meant he thought pure white eggs didn't exist.

I've seen plenty of brown and speckled eggs, but until today I'd never heard of blue or green chicken eggs. I'm surprised they aren't more popular around easter lol.

Get thee to a farmer's market stat. They're so fucking amazing.

We used to buy our milk from this place when we lived in the rural area, too: http://www.snowvillecreamery.com

Fresh and local will just turn your perspective on food completely upside down in a way that makes the modern marketplace look just awful by comparison, with no hope in sight.

The milk was more expensive for certain ($4/half gallon?), but good god it changed the way we think of milk. There's nothing like it in any grocery store, ever (and don't get me started on Horizon). I don't even buy milk these days unless I need it for baking. But otherwise I'll buy Silk soy milk (which is a Pepsi company, I think, and stuffed to the gills with GMOs). Besides, with just two of us, we're not burning through a gallon of milk a week (the half gallon was the perfect size).

I've seen speckled eggs not blue, well maybe if I left it in the fridge for to long. >_< When I would spend my summers in Mexico that is how the milk was delivered, I haven't had fresh milk in 16 or so years.

[quote name='mykevermin']I used to have a big backyard we grew food in, and access to an amazing local farmer's market (I was in my late 20's before I ever knew eggs weren't naturally all white!) with cheap, local, fresh.

Now I don't even have a lawn, I have three squares of sidewalk. City livin'.

I do buy a load of frozen veg and fresh greens (KALE FTMFW), avoid canned veg as much as possible.

I miss the freshness of garden veg, but also the "fuck yeah, I did this!" sense of satisfaction that comes with it as well.[/QUOTE]

Hydroponics, grow lamp ..... a indoor man's best equipment :)

[quote name='granturismo']Surely there's a more interesting topic to talk about[/QUOTE]

Go find a thread that interests you more. I personally like this topic, and am a sucker for brown eggs.

[quote name='mykevermin']Get thee to a farmer's market stat. They're so fucking amazing.

We used to buy our milk from this place when we lived in the rural area, too: http://www.snowvillecreamery.com

Fresh and local will just turn your perspective on food completely upside down in a way that makes the modern marketplace look just awful by comparison, with no hope in sight.

The milk was more expensive for certain ($4/half gallon?), but good god it changed the way we think of milk. There's nothing like it in any grocery store, ever (and don't get me started on Horizon). I don't even buy milk these days unless I need it for baking. But otherwise I'll buy Silk soy milk (which is a Pepsi company, I think, and stuffed to the gills with GMOs). Besides, with just two of us, we're not burning through a gallon of milk a week (the half gallon was the perfect size).[/QUOTE]
You ever heard of this place?

http://chaneysdairybarn.com/

Been there once and got some ice cream, was amazingly good. Next time if I'm ever in that area I'll get some milk too.

I've been to a couple farmers markets and still haven't seen blue or green eggs.

[quote name='mykevermin']Nice.

I found a place about 30 miles from me that carries Snowville milk. I'm dumb/crazy enough to drive there for it. Huzzah.[/QUOTE]

Dairy has always sketched me out despite being delicious. Does milk that hasn't been homogenized have a lumpy texture?

[quote name='perdition(troy']Go find a thread that interests you more. I personally like this topic, and am a sucker for brown eggs.[/QUOTE]
They're the only ones I'll buy.:lol:

Don't forget guys: The last time we had a food discussion, the thread was deleted.:rofl:

[quote name='egofed']We have made it so people DON"T have to be accountable anymore. Have kids while your broke? No problem, here's some tax payer money. Drink yourself to near death and have no savings? No problem, here's 911 and hospitable services that will work basically for free for you. Is it more heartless to perpetuate these behaviors by subsidizing them, or to just say "lie in the bed you made, fatso." There's an interesting theory that some of the extremists Muslim groups are using the generous entitlement programs of Europe and the US to not only weaken the economy, but to bolster their numbers thru multiple births in a household subsidized by tax money. It's really an ingenious way to over take a gov't. Pay for your own subjugation.[/QUOTE]

Just what the government likes to do: waste money like it is nothing.

[quote name='willardhaven']Dairy has always sketched me out despite being delicious. Does milk that hasn't been homogenized have a lumpy texture?[/QUOTE]

Not in my experience.

[quote name='UncleBob']The only thing is, Clak made the "**** you" comment before ego said anything negative about his uncle. Ego's comment was a direct reply to Clak's initial hostile comment.

DD won't see this, as he has me on ignore - but someone should give DD some direction here. It was not I who reported any posts. DD can thank Myke and Clak, as they both said they were reporting posts. Feel free to tell DD that he should actually know what he's talking about before he makes comments.

Not at all what happened. So much for your "accuracy".

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Bob. It's nice to have a witness who saw it all. I'm just sorry that I missed all the deleted posts. How much of a stink was it really? Shame, tons of hilarity that I will never see......

Thanks to myke I had one taco at taco bell last night. I've had diarrhea and puked all last night. Curse you fast food.

( no I don't actually blame myke I blame my cheap dumb a$$ for stopping there )

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

I've got a bit of a drive to make later today up the NJ turnpike. If there's a taco bell and I have the time, I'll dig in as a matter of penance.

Who am I kidding, I'll probably hit up a Starbucks (like I said before, that's my empty calorie weakness).

[quote name='egofed']Thanks, Bob. It's nice to have a witness who saw it all. I'm just sorry that I missed all the deleted posts. How much of a stink was it really? Shame, tons of hilarity that I will never see......[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is that those two have had plenty of opportunity to set the record straight, yet have chosen not to. I don't know if it's because they're inherently dishonest, if they fear it'll make them look like hypocrites, if they just like the drama they cause or if it's some kind of combination of everything.

[quote name='UncleBob']The funny thing is that those two have had plenty of opportunity to set the record straight, yet have chosen not to. I don't know if it's because they're inherently dishonest, if they fear it'll make them look like hypocrites, if they just like the drama they cause or if it's some kind of combination of everything.[/QUOTE]

I'd never trust a person with a superiority complex or holier than thou attitude, for that very reason.

Taxing the hell out of tobacco products really slowed sales. Oh wait, no it didn't.

I'm sure a soda tax would be equally effective. Good thinking, NY.

Just don't try taxing in a state where there are soda factories. The soda company will whine about jobs getting hurt, and will shutdown the factory anyway to prove a point.

Then again, Pepsi hasn't made anything in the city for over half a century.

http://dailycurrant.com/2013/05/02/bloomberg-refused-second-slice-of-pizza-at-local-restaurant/

Suck it Bloomberg!

[quote name='Daily Currant']New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg was denied a second slice of pizza today at an Italian eatery in Brooklyn.

The owners of Collegno's Pizzeria say they refused to serve him more than one piece to protest Bloomberg's proposed soda ban,which would limit the portions of soda sold in the city.

Bloomberg was having an informal working lunch with city comptroller John Liu at the time and was enraged by the embarrassing prohibition. The owners would not relent, however, and the pair were forced to decamp to another restaurant to finish their meal.

Witnesses say the situation unfolded when as the two were looking over budget documents, they realized they needed more food than originally ordered.

"Hey, could I get another pepperoni over here?" Bloomberg asked owner Antonio Benito.

"I'm sorry sir," he replied, "we can't do that. You've reached your personal slice limit."
Stop and Tisk

Mayor Bloomberg, not accustomed to being challenged, assumed that the owner was joking.

"OK, that's funny," he remarked, "because of the soda thing ... No come on. I'm not kidding. I haven't eaten all morning, just send over another pepperoni."

"I'm sorry sir. We're serious," Benito insisted. "We've decided that eating more than one piece isn't healthy for you, and so we're forbidding you from doing it."

"Look jackass," Bloomberg retorted, his anger boiling, "I fucking skipped breakfast this morning just so I could eat four slices of your pizza. Don't be a schmuck, just get back to the kitchen and bring out some fucking pizza, okay."

"I'm sorry sir, there's nothing I can do," the owner repeated. "Maybe you could go to several restaurants and get one slice at each. At least that way you're walking. You know, burning calories."

Witnesses say a fuming Bloomberg and a bemused Liu did indeed walk down the street to a rival pizzeria , ordered another slice and finished their meeting.

New York's so-called "soda ban" would have limited the size of sweetened beverages served in restaurants to 16 oz (0.5 liters). The plan, backed by Mayor Bloomberg, is currently being held up by a U.S. district court.

Bloomberg has been the mayor of New York City since 2002. Theretofore he was the CEO of Bloomberg LP, the world's leading financial data firm. His personal fortune is estimated at around $27 billion.[/quote]

You didn't say it was fake so you have to wear the Internet dunce cap for an hour whether you knew it was fake or not.

That's hilarious, especially that he got that pissed off. The differences in attitudes between different areas of the country always fascinates me. If that happened here I guarantee our mayor wouldn't go dropping f-bombs like that. Yet up there it seems like it's no big deal.

[quote name='Spokker']You didn't say it was fake so you have to wear the Internet dunce cap for an hour whether you knew it was fake or not.[/QUOTE]

Drudge Report picked it up so it must be real.

bread's done
Back