NYC: Virgin Megastore Deathwatch

gimpeyjoe

CAGiversary!
Times Square location is departing first, then the Union Square area a few months after that.

Games at Times Square are currently 20% off (PSP and PS3 10% for some reason), books and cds are 25%. Rock Band 2 SE is going for $117 right now. I'll keep things updated as I find out their timetable.

It's an obvious thing to do.. but make sure you guys check the receipt and the bag before leaving I didn't realize they forgot to put You're In The Movies in the bag and charged me twice for Too Human until the next day at home, ugh.

I usually check the bag and receipt before leaving the store but I was such in a rush to get back to work I didn't even bother...

[quote name='Ginsburger']I'm hoping it's up to 80% on Friday when I get paid. Went last night and picked up a few CDs and a DVD for $30. Will probably grab a copy of FES 2009 once it hits 80%. They will never get rid of those too humans, lol.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping its 80% tomorrow too. I want to pick up PES 2009 for the 360 and Monsters vs Aliens for the 360 too... Might pick up those drum silencers too ($20 - 80% = $4!!!)...

anything decent left for 360? haha sorry i feel like i'm asking the same questions... but trying to decide if its worth making a trip downtown.. thanks for the feedback on the fallout 3 ce being gone

there won't be anything left until 5. I swear there were some people just throwing whatever they could find into a basket and running. I went at like 11:30 AM and it was already a madhouse.

One guy, probably a hoarder, was on his laptop looking up prices... ridiculous.

i already took my lunch to go haha, can't anymore. I should have checked the TIV before actually going to the store but whatever

[quote name='cmart05']there won't be anything left until 5. I swear there were some people just throwing whatever they could find into a basket and running. I went at like 11:30 AM and it was already a madhouse.

One guy, probably a hoarder, was on his laptop looking up prices... ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I was there around the same time. Bought the last "In the movies" it was behind the register. Also got the U2 cd with the 64 page booklet; the drum silencers (they were moved to the front of the store) and YES (LOL) a Hello Kitty 3d puzzle for my daughter. They still had plenty of DS crappy games and WALL-E for the 360. Good luck. Its a madhouse for sure !!!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but wait, is it Times Square that's at 80% or Union Square? The Times Square location is super out of the way for me, but Union Square is only a few minutes away, so does anyone know for sure what that location's at?

Times Square one is already closed. Union Sq is the one on sale.
Blurays i saw as of yesterday at 5PM:
max payne,
high school musical 1,2,3
horton hears a who
mummy 3
uninvited
hancock
watchmen motion comic
marly and me
jeff dunham
Duchess
vantage point

cant remember anything else

So are all the FES 2009s already gone? I wanted to swing by earlier but got diverted. I was going to flip a few for amazon but I'd like at least one copy for myself. If anyone happens to see any more I'd appreciate it if they could pick one up. I probably won't make it down there till later if at all.

[quote name='BABETOOTH']I was there around the same time. Bought the last "In the movies" it was behind the register. Also got the U2 cd with the 64 page booklet; the drum silencers (they were moved to the front of the store) and YES (LOL) a Hello Kitty 3d puzzle for my daughter. They still had plenty of DS crappy games and WALL-E for the 360. Good luck. Its a madhouse for sure !!![/QUOTE]

Yeah I think I got the second to last Youre in the movies haha. I was also going to get the drum silencers but my drum set is just collecting dust at home so I passed.

Swung by around 4:30 - picked up Hancock, Hotel for Dogs, and Paramore on Bluray. They had all the HSMs, Meet Dave, Chris Botti, and Camp Rock left on Bluray. Everything else GONE!

I also picked up a FES 2009 to flip on Amazon.

[quote name='trunks982']im planning to go there tomorrow which is the last day. it should be 90% tomorrow. want to pick up too human.[/QUOTE]

too human is gone

[quote name='trunks982']im planning to go there tomorrow which is the last day. it should be 90% tomorrow. want to pick up too human.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see any Too Human left when I went last night. Guess some guy bought em all when they hit $4... All that is left was PES 2009, Wall E, and some random 07 / 08 sports games.

Went today and the only games I saw left were 07/08 sports games, some High School Musical DS games, and Devilish for DS. Definitely didn't see PES anywhere, but it was pretty chaotic so I guess I could've missed it.

It was like a madhouse on Friday. Luckily, I was able to find and pick up two things I wanted at 80% off.

Anywho...with Circuit City and now Virgin closed, the only interesting stores to visit/kill time at Union Square are Forbidden Planet and B&N (well...there is the Gamestop there, but whatever).

The sick part is that block where these store were at is dead now. Curcuit City and Virgin were on the same block. I spent mad money at Virgin when I worked in the area, what a shame both are gone now.

[quote name='ps360gamer']The sick part is that block where these store were at is dead now. Curcuit City and Virgin were on the same block. I spent mad money at Virgin when I worked in the area, what a shame both are gone now.[/QUOTE]

SO the space looks like it's going to Nordstroms, Forever 21 (sweatshop), CVS, bestbuy, or Wholefoods.

Ehhh.

Union Square is going to be Best Buy(24hr store) and Nordstrums....Times Square is Forever 21....used to be a manager at the Times Square...fucking blows!

[quote name='tonybonjovi']Union Square is going to be Best Buy(24hr store) and Nordstrums....Times Square is Forever 21....used to be a manager at the Times Square...fucking blows![/QUOTE]

Cool! I don't mind a 24 hr Bestbuy. At least there will be somewhere to go when I get that sudden impulse to pick a game up at 1am....

24hour Best Buy does sound pretty intriguing. I wonder if BB is going to take the old CC or Virgin space.

bread's done
Back