Oct. 2012 @Gamer-$20 Dead Island GOTY, $45 Sleeping Dogs, $10 off used game $29.99+

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
THESE COUPONS ARE NOT FROM THE $10 "FALL SPECIAL" COD ISSUE & THE COD ISSUE IS NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF THE $15 PAID GAMERS CLUB UNLOCKED SUBSCRIPTION SO YOU MUST SPEND AN ADDITIONAL $10 IF YOU WANT ANY OF THE COUPONS FROM THAT(COD) ISSUE.(Link below)

CREDIT + THANX TO loxthefox

October @Gamer Coupons

Assassin's Creed 3 is on the cover
Coupons are valid 10/7/2012 thru 11/3/2012

icon10.gif
Coupons DO STACK with SALE prices(no override should be needed since they now state "valid on sale prices")
icon10.gif
Coupons DO STACK with the 10% discount on USED games for GCU($15 PAID MEMBERSHIP)
icon8.gif
Coupons DO NO STACK with PRICE MATCHES, "PACKAGE" deals (buy 2 get 1, etc), other coupons on the same title or other promotions (monthly 10% off, etc)
:joystick:Coupons DO NOT WORK with ONLINE ORDERING yet BUT if enough people "KUDO" in the link provided below BestBuy will change the coupons accordingly like they did with coupons stacking with sale prices.
:nottalking:BestBuy allowing a single coupon to be used on 2 copies of the same game is COMPLETELY YMMV but per the wording on the coupon 1 per game.

The Oct. mag cost $5 for a single issue or it's free with $15 Gamers club Unlocked(GCU) subscription. Mag has to been scanned in the same transaction with the subscription barcode from the GCU subscription booklet(found in-store behind the trade in counter) or printout from gaming kiosk.

PRICES IN GREEN REPRESENT THE PRICE YOU PAY AFTER THE COUPON IS DEDUCTED

$20 Dead Island GOTY AFTER $10 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...s=960&st=dead+island+game+of+the+year+edition

$45 Sleeping Dogs AFTER $15 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##5##6&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$30 Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance AFTER $10 off coupon
$25 USED w/$10 off pre-owned coupon below NOT INCLUDING 10% GCU discount
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kingdom...2.p?id=1218512740683&skuId=4709462&st=kingdom hearts&lp=1&cp=1

$30 PS3/X360 $20 NDS Angry Birds Trilogy AFTER $10 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

$40 F1 2012 AFTER $20 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##6##e&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$270 Triton Warhead headset AFTER $30 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Tritton...65.p?id=1218708013632&skuId=5936865&st=Triton Warhead headset&cp=1&lp=1

$60 Razer Naga Gaming Mouse AFTER $20 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Razer+-...8661380065&skuId=5559544&st=5559544&cp=1&lp=1

$10 OFF ANY pre-owned game $29.99 and up.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pre-Own...es/pcmcat232900050017.c?id=pcmcat232900050017

Fall COD Special Issue
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Call-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327310

Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamers-Club-Changes-9-12-11/td-p/320180

Having problems receiving your mag on time/at all contact @gamer CS direct @ 1-800-678-3643
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/FAQ-cc.jsp?lsid=&vid=&cds_page_id=86076&cds_mag_code=GMR
You may also want to contact your local postmaster as well

Vote for getting the coupons to work online
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Allowing-Gamer-Coupons-to-be-used-online/idi-p/475807

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='smokeyjoey8']You get 11 issues, the first of which you get when you sign up. They give it to you in-store. I just signed up yesterday and got it right there, then got welcome coupons in my email this morning.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to get my welcome coupons from them and I had signed up 2 months ago. Huh...

What did you guys use your coupons for?
(Btw I got mine 2 weeks ago ish, about 2 months after I signed up, and it expires the 3rd.)
I just can't seem to find any good used games to use it on that aren't overpriced. I wish you could use it online at least.

This issue had great coupons...Too bad SD/DI GOTY/KHDDD didn't go on sale.

Needless to say, I didn't use any of these coupons :/

[quote name='Warner1281']Any word on the new coupons? Surprised we haven't seen anything yet even though they should be kicking in next week.[/QUOTE]

I got my issue in the mail today.

$15 off Dead or Alive 5 :ps3:/:360:
$10 off NFS: The Run :ps3:/:360:
$10 off Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations :ps3:/:360:
$15 off NBA Baller Beats :360:
$20 off Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 Bundle :ps3:/:360:/:wii:
$10 off any Pre-owned game $29.99 or above
$20 off Astro A50s
$5 off @Gamer Call of Duty Magazine :roll:

Wow! Nothing for me this month as well. Oh well. What's the expiration date on the coupons? Does it expire before Black Friday?

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I got my issue in the mail today.

$20 off Astro A50s
$5 off @Gamer Call of Duty Magazine :roll:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']Wow! Nothing for me this month as well. Oh well. What's the expiration date on the coupons? Does it expire before Black Friday?[/QUOTE]

Says valid through 12/1/12

EDIT: Guess I will make the new thread :razz:

$20 off Astro A50s
Those are the worst coupons we've seen yet IMO

Think I am going to pick of Dead Island now after seeing next month is pretty meh for me. If Black Friday sees a better price than $20 I can just return it.

$20 off Astro A50s

Eek. I'd use the Dead or Alive 5 coupon if I can get it for $15 or less, but that's about it.

This is the first time that ive never used a coupon from any of the mags. Next month looks horrible (I know its because black Friday is this month but still lol) I have a 5$ reward zone coupon so I guess I will use that with the dead island coupon

$20 off Astro A50s

I am, literally, LMFAOOOOOO!!!!!!!:rofl: Are you serious? 2nd month in a row that I won't be using them.

Best Buy is about to get a complimentary ass-beating from me. Just when I thought the @Gamer coupons couldn't get any worse. But I will be getting Naruto Generations.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I just read that unlike last year that these acually run through black Friday, potental black Friday stacks ?[/QUOTE]

With the exception of DoA 5, none of them are good enough to matter at either point.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cancerman1120']Wait there is a coupon in next months mag for $5 off this month's COD mag? Seriously that is some stupid shit.[/QUOTE]

The fact that people were able to get it for basically free a few Weeks ago makes it look even worse smh. I hope NBA baller beats is cheap on bf as that would be a great sell on craigslist. Ive seen alot of kids who want that game

[quote name='strait edge follower']I just read that unlike last year that these acually run through black Friday, potental black Friday stacks ?[/QUOTE]

Good point, I remember that from last year

Not too impressed with the new coupons revealed. And I was really hoping to use the Sleeping Dogs coupon from the last mag, but no sale price, what happened BB? :???:

[quote name='strait edge follower']The fact that people were able to get it for basically free a few Weeks ago makes it look even worse smh. I hope NBA baller beats is cheap on bf as that would be a great sell on craigslist. Ive seen alot of kids who want that game[/QUOTE]

You're joking, right? It was one of the worst selling games in Majesco's already poor history. Target cleared them out at many stores after the first week. Nobody is going to buy that game on Craigslist or anywhere else.

Looks like the theories about the early coupons existing to lure in subscribers was right. Second month in a row where the Unlocked coupons are vastly superior tothe @gamer ones.

[quote name='honzoh']Looks like the theories about the early coupons existing to lure in subscribers was right. Second month in a row where the Unlocked coupons are vastly superior tothe @gamer ones.[/QUOTE]

I don't get your logic... you assume because A happens, B has to be true, though the most likely solution is something else altogether.

XIII-2 went on Sale on number of times, so the 15 deal was only "good" because BB has the book.
Batman Arkham City got a GOTY edition shortly after, thus... are you really surprised they cleared out stock?
Assassins Creed Revo hit 30 shortly after release (due to BF) and was constantly on / off sale. Sure we got it for less, but it's not like another sale won't have came along.
Battlefield 3 was to most likely clear out stock for the ultimate edition.
Mass Effect 3 was hated over the ending and was to clear out stock for the upcoming trilogy (most likely).
Dragons Age 2 was largely disliked and scored low in reviews.
Kingdoms of Amalur had plenty of other problems that were caused by poor sales / choices.
etc.

You act like a bunch of coupons for good games or extremely cheap games were caused by a rush to get new members, over the more likely reality of BB clearing stock in whatever way they can think of.

[quote name='honzoh']Looks like the theories about the early coupons existing to lure in subscribers was right. Second month in a row where the Unlocked coupons are vastly superior tothe @gamer ones.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe the $20 for virtually EVERY major release over a 2 year period is the selling point.

Lets compare what the only other competitor GS) offers with their subscription that BBY doesn't go over and above.

Umm... Early access to b2g1 free. Am I forgetting anything else?

Lets see what BBY has over GS:

-$20 off every major release
-Multiple decent to good games games ranging from free to $10

But if course because they have 1 slow months then the sky is falling. People forget ME3 for $10 (including a &10 PS3 CE) was 2 issues ago. BF3 for free or $10 was before that.

Man people will moan about everything now.

[quote name='admiralvic']I don't get your logic... you assume because A happens, B has to be true, though the most likely solution is something else altogether.

XIII-2 went on Sale on number of times, so the 15 deal was only "good" because BB has the book.
Batman Arkham City got a GOTY edition shortly after, thus... are you really surprised they cleared out stock?
Assassins Creed Revo hit 30 shortly after release (due to BF) and was constantly on / off sale. Sure we got it for less, but it's not like another sale won't have came along.
Battlefield 3 was to most likely clear out stock for the ultimate edition.
Mass Effect 3 was hated over the ending and was to clear out stock for the upcoming trilogy (most likely).
Dragons Age 2 was largely disliked and scored low in reviews.
Kingdoms of Amalur had plenty of other problems that were caused by poor sales / choices.
etc.

You act like a bunch of coupons for good games or extremely cheap games were caused by a rush to get new members, over the more likely reality of BB clearing stock in whatever way they can think of.[/QUOTE]
I'd be pissed too if I just bought the membership recently as the past few months have been awful. Lucky for me though that I purchased it 1 year ago mainly for the 10% extra for trading in games (until I was banned from trading). My membership expires this month and I wont be renewing. I'll just wait and see what games they have coupons for in the future and then decide. I'm sure Jan thru March issues will have good coupons.

[quote name='kanamit']I'd be pissed too if I just bought the membership recently as the past few months have been awful. Lucky for me though that I purchased it 1 year ago mainly for the 10% extra for trading in games (until I was banned from trading). My membership expires this month and I wont be renewing. I'll just wait and see what games they have coupons for in the future and then decide. I'm sure Jan thru March issues will have good coupons.[/QUOTE]

Well quality is subjective. While me, you, and most people think the coupons are awful, I am sure plenty of people are happy to get a discount on Naruto or Dead Island. Furthermore, people quickly forget 2 key elements of these magazines.

1) Not every magazine will have a killer deal for everyone.
2) Most if not all of the coupons were useful due to information down the road.

I originally disliked the magazine 3 months ago, but on one of the last days I got Mass Effect 3 CE for the PS3 for 10 dollars. This is something that couldn't have been predicted and ultimately made the magazine useful. Virtually every other deal was combined with some sort of later information or was extremely rare. For instance, one of the best deals was Deadliest Warriors, which was due to it hitting $0.00 and traded into gamestop for 10+ dollars. This could happen to any of these games or something just as good. Regardless, we can start complaining when it's proven the coupons are useless for that month.

[quote name='admiralvic']Well quality is subjective. While me, you, and most people think the coupons are awful, I am sure plenty of people are happy to get a discount on Naruto or Dead Island. Furthermore, people quickly forget 2 key elements of these magazines.

I originally disliked the magazine 3 months ago, but on one of the last days I got Mass Effect 3 CE for the PS3 for 10 dollars. This is something that couldn't have been predicted and ultimately made the magazine useful. Virtually every other deal was combined with some sort of later information or was extremely rare. For instance, one of the best deals was Deadliest Warriors, which was due to it hitting $0.00 and traded into gamestop for 10+ dollars. This could happen to any of these games or something just as good. Regardless, we can start complaining when it's proven the coupons are useless for that month.[/QUOTE]

People forget that. There's more coupons that aren't in the magazine. The online coupons like $40 off MW3, $20 Ghost Recon,$20 off Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3/360), $50 off Turtle Beach Ear Force PX3, 50 off 2K Sports Combo Pack [NBA 2k12 / MLB 2k12] (360), $10 off Wipeout 3 (PS3/360/Wii/DS) etc etc.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']People forget that. There's more coupons that aren't in the magazine. The online coupons like $40 off MW3, $20 Ghost Recon,$20 off Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3/360), $50 off Turtle Beach Ear Force PX3, 50 off 2K Sports Combo Pack [NBA 2k12 / MLB 2k12] (360), $10 off Wipeout 3 (PS3/360/Wii/DS) etc etc.[/QUOTE]

Well those don't require paid membership, so they don't matter.

[quote name='admiralvic']Well those don't require paid membership, so they don't matter.[/QUOTE]

Some of them were more for unlocked members though.

[quote name='admiralvic']Well quality is subjective. While me, you, and most people think the coupons are awful, I am sure plenty of people are happy to get a discount on Naruto or Dead Island. Furthermore, people quickly forget 2 key elements of these magazines.

I originally disliked the magazine 3 months ago, but on one of the last days I got Mass Effect 3 CE for the PS3 for 10 dollars. This is something that couldn't have been predicted and ultimately made the magazine useful. Virtually every other deal was combined with some sort of later information or was extremely rare. For instance, one of the best deals was Deadliest Warriors, which was due to it hitting $0.00 and traded into gamestop for 10+ dollars. This could happen to any of these games or something just as good. Regardless, we can start complaining when it's proven the coupons are useless for that month.[/QUOTE]
I agree that its subjective, but one thing that is pretty clear is people want the games for $5 or $10. Thats what gets talked about the most and gets people to buy the membership. Thats what made the membership worth it to me as I got 8-9 games $10 or less. And yes I agree that month by month its hit or miss, you are better off over the course of a year with getting good deals. Thats why I said I think from January to March we will see the better coupon deals.

[quote name='admiralvic']Well those don't require paid membership, so they don't matter.[/QUOTE]

no sir, you are wrong, as an unlocked member you received a bigger discount. for example non paid members would get 20 bucks off a game while an unlocked member would get 30. now not every rz coupon was like that but a lot of them were and well worth it. 15 dollars a year is a steal.

Last day and it looks like these coupons are going out with a whimper:
Sleeping Dogs $45 AC
F1 2012 $40 AC

Perhaps the Frenchman has said fin to deals.

Also, there's a batch of Welcome coupons that expire today.
Any recommendations for a 50% off strategy guide?

[quote name='gantt']Last day and it looks like these coupons are going out with a whimper:
Sleeping Dogs $45 AC
F1 2012 $40 AC

Any recommendations for a 50% off strategy guide?[/QUOTE]

I bought assassins creed 3 and borderlands 2 hardcover strategy guides. There both pretty cool.

[quote name='gantt']Last day and it looks like these coupons are going out with a whimper:
Sleeping Dogs $45 AC
F1 2012 $40 AC

Any recommendations for a 50% off strategy guide?[/QUOTE]
I'm planning on using it on the Pokemon B2/W2 CE guide. Another good choice is the Bordrlands 2 CE guide.

[quote name='mrclutch']First month using nothing. Not much hope for next month either.[/QUOTE]

Next month's has already been posted, it's bad.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']I bought assassins creed 3 and borderlands 2 hardcover strategy guides. There both pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I've been thinking Borderlands 2 or Skyrim, but if the AC3 guide is like the previous AC guides that could be the one - Piggyback does really nice guides.

[quote name='mrclutch']First month using nothing. Not much hope for next month either.[/QUOTE]

Same here, not even the $10 off $30 used game from this month's batch. Can't win 'em all. And with Black Friday/Cyber Monday right around the corner, that is just fine by me.

BB should stop wasting ink on the B2G1 pre-owned coupon in the welcome package. Was gonna rush out today since my coupon expires today, but I'll wait, lol.

Seemed liked every time I thought of using that coupon, there was a b2g1 pre-owned sale. They do it so often, the coupon 'seems' unnecessary.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']I realize this thread is devoid of most rational thought but ill share anyway. If you're trading in games, the $14.99 is recouped quickly with tiv bonus and coupons are a bonus/afterthought. That is all.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I was thinking while reading this thread. If you buy used and trade for a total of $150 in a year, which really isn't much, it pays for itself. The mag is not horrible and taking advantage of even 1 coupon means you will come out ahead.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']People forget that. There's more coupons that aren't in the magazine. The online coupons like $40 off MW3, $20 Ghost Recon,$20 off Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3/360), $50 off Turtle Beach Ear Force PX3, 50 off 2K Sports Combo Pack [NBA 2k12 / MLB 2k12] (360), $10 off Wipeout 3 (PS3/360/Wii/DS) etc etc.[/QUOTE]
I remember those except I never remember seeing $40 off MW3

[quote name='dviper2399']I remember those except I never remember seeing $40 off MW3[/QUOTE]
There was a $40 off coupon at one point. I used it for a ps3 copy.

[quote name='Scorch']Next month's has already been posted, it's bad.[/QUOTE]

Where was that post? I haven't seen it yet.

Edit: nevermind. It's on the previous page.

[quote name='dviper2399']I remember those except I never remember seeing $40 off MW3[/QUOTE]

The $40 off MW3 was valid 7/22-8/4 on 360 and PS3. I don't think the price AC went below $19.99 during that time.

bread's done
Back