Oct. 2012 @Gamer-$20 Dead Island GOTY, $45 Sleeping Dogs, $10 off used game $29.99+

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
THESE COUPONS ARE NOT FROM THE $10 "FALL SPECIAL" COD ISSUE & THE COD ISSUE IS NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF THE $15 PAID GAMERS CLUB UNLOCKED SUBSCRIPTION SO YOU MUST SPEND AN ADDITIONAL $10 IF YOU WANT ANY OF THE COUPONS FROM THAT(COD) ISSUE.(Link below)

CREDIT + THANX TO loxthefox

October @Gamer Coupons

Assassin's Creed 3 is on the cover
Coupons are valid 10/7/2012 thru 11/3/2012

icon10.gif
Coupons DO STACK with SALE prices(no override should be needed since they now state "valid on sale prices")
icon10.gif
Coupons DO STACK with the 10% discount on USED games for GCU($15 PAID MEMBERSHIP)
icon8.gif
Coupons DO NO STACK with PRICE MATCHES, "PACKAGE" deals (buy 2 get 1, etc), other coupons on the same title or other promotions (monthly 10% off, etc)
:joystick:Coupons DO NOT WORK with ONLINE ORDERING yet BUT if enough people "KUDO" in the link provided below BestBuy will change the coupons accordingly like they did with coupons stacking with sale prices.
:nottalking:BestBuy allowing a single coupon to be used on 2 copies of the same game is COMPLETELY YMMV but per the wording on the coupon 1 per game.

The Oct. mag cost $5 for a single issue or it's free with $15 Gamers club Unlocked(GCU) subscription. Mag has to been scanned in the same transaction with the subscription barcode from the GCU subscription booklet(found in-store behind the trade in counter) or printout from gaming kiosk.

PRICES IN GREEN REPRESENT THE PRICE YOU PAY AFTER THE COUPON IS DEDUCTED

$20 Dead Island GOTY AFTER $10 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...s=960&st=dead+island+game+of+the+year+edition

$45 Sleeping Dogs AFTER $15 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##5##6&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$30 Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance AFTER $10 off coupon
$25 USED w/$10 off pre-owned coupon below NOT INCLUDING 10% GCU discount
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kingdom...2.p?id=1218512740683&skuId=4709462&st=kingdom hearts&lp=1&cp=1

$30 PS3/X360 $20 NDS Angry Birds Trilogy AFTER $10 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

$40 F1 2012 AFTER $20 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##6##e&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$270 Triton Warhead headset AFTER $30 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Tritton...65.p?id=1218708013632&skuId=5936865&st=Triton Warhead headset&cp=1&lp=1

$60 Razer Naga Gaming Mouse AFTER $20 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Razer+-...8661380065&skuId=5559544&st=5559544&cp=1&lp=1

$10 OFF ANY pre-owned game $29.99 and up.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pre-Own...es/pcmcat232900050017.c?id=pcmcat232900050017

Fall COD Special Issue
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Call-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327310

Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamers-Club-Changes-9-12-11/td-p/320180

Having problems receiving your mag on time/at all contact @gamer CS direct @ 1-800-678-3643
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/FAQ-cc.jsp?lsid=&vid=&cds_page_id=86076&cds_mag_code=GMR
You may also want to contact your local postmaster as well

Vote for getting the coupons to work online
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Allowing-Gamer-Coupons-to-be-used-online/idi-p/475807

Last edited by a moderator:
That would have been no problem in the past, but all the competent/decent employees there are gone. its a bunch of old people and idiots now who i doubt will do that. Hell last time i was in they were trying to tell me i was NOT a gamer unlocked member o_O

So not really sure what to do

*edit* is BBY still having the 100% trade in bonus? And if so till when? I think dead island is $6 right now, so with 100% bonus that would be $12 right? That would mean i could get the GOTY for 8 bucks

[quote name='Kenshindono']I STILL have not recieved this magazine! What the heck should i do? Call the generic 1800 best buy number? I dont see how they would ship me one in time before these expire. I was actually thinking of using hte Kingdom hearts one, and if the price drops the Sleeping dogs one possibly

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]calling BB won't help use the @gamer direct info found in the OP.

I never got mine either. I finally gave up and just reported it not received on the @Gamer website. They added a couple of months to my subscription.

I had the same issue, I just moved and did not receive this months and @gamer is out of stock so they just added an additional month to the end of my sub. Luckily my buddy doesn't need his coupons this month so now I hope for a Sleeping Dogs sale so I can warrant it.

I think the mag is just a bit late this month. The first 3 issues came on time, and then this one didn't come until late last week, well after the current deal had started.

[quote name='jdirtybird32']I had the same issue, I just moved and did not receive this months and @gamer is out of stock so they just added an additional month to the end of my sub. Luckily my buddy doesn't need his coupons this month so now I hope for a Sleeping Dogs sale so I can warrant it.[/QUOTE]

I don't even care if Sleeping Dogs goes on sale at this point.
We got AC III coming next week, then Halo 4, then Blops..
I'll never get around to it, so I may as well just wait for Black Friday. It seems like a title that would be on sale on BF.

^ I agree that Sleeping Dogs seems like a great pickup on BF.

As far as the coupons, I signed up for Rewards Unlocked in mid-August and I just got my Welcome Packet yesterday. My Buy 2 get 1 Free coupons expire on 11/3! WTF! Obviously this week is pointless and next week, who knows? But I was trying to time it for BF, guess that is not going to happen this year. :(

[quote name='slppedyoursster']^ I agree that Sleeping Dogs seems like a great pickup on BF.

As far as the coupons, I signed up for Rewards Unlocked in mid-August and I just got my Welcome Packet yesterday. My Buy 2 get 1 Free coupons expire on 11/3! WTF! Obviously this week is pointless and next week, who knows? But I was trying to time it for BF, guess that is not going to happen this year. :([/QUOTE]

Ouch

[quote name='Kenshindono']
*edit* is BBY still having the 100% trade in bonus? And if so till when? I think dead island is $6 right now, so with 100% bonus that would be $12 right? That would mean i could get the GOTY for 8 bucks[/QUOTE]

Yes...correct on all counts, I believe (if you're talking about the trade in value for the 360 version...ps3 version trades in for a few bucks less...plus you get an extra 60 cents if you're unlocked). I think the 100% bonus ends this week, though, so you might want to jump on it...

[quote name='slppedyoursster']^ I agree that Sleeping Dogs seems like a great pickup on BF.

As far as the coupons, I signed up for Rewards Unlocked in mid-August and I just got my Welcome Packet yesterday. My Buy 2 get 1 Free coupons expire on 11/3! WTF! Obviously this week is pointless and next week, who knows? But I was trying to time it for BF, guess that is not going to happen this year. :([/QUOTE]

me too. Joined 8/21. I'm going to use my b2g1 on Prof Layton 3DS, Lego LOTR Vita, and AssCreed Vita on 10/30

[quote name='johnston306']me too. Joined 8/21. I'm going to use my b2g1 on Prof Layton 3DS, Lego LOTR Vita, and AssCreed Vita on 10/30[/QUOTE]

Lego LotR is not out until 11/13

Do we have any leads yet on a novemeber set of coupons? I've got a $5 rewards coupon burning a hole in my pocket!

I don't think they will be out yet. We still have just about two more weeks of the current coupons.

[quote name='MiTYH']Do we have any leads yet on a novemeber set of coupons? I've got a $5 rewards coupon burning a hole in my pocket![/QUOTE]

[quote name='strawyleader997']Why can't Sleeping Dogs and Dead Island GOTY go on sale. Those were the only games I was looking forward to in this group of coupons.[/QUOTE]
Unless we get a daily deal I don't think it's going to happen. :(

[quote name='strawyleader997']Why can't Sleeping Dogs and Dead Island GOTY go on sale. Those were the only games I was looking forward to in this group of coupons.[/QUOTE]

It ain't gonna happen...

Only reason we saw a sale near the end of last month is b/c only a FEW of us on CAG raised hell about the coupons being horrible over past months...I ain't getting a temp. ban b/c asshole coonfused fanboys get their panties in a bunch over my opinion.

@gamer's become a joke. Sleeping Dogs has been cheaper at GS and Amazon even after using the coupon a BB.

Not really a fan boys and haven't used a coupon for the last 2 months ( I think), but can't people just take it for what it is? So there's no deal this month or the month before that. What's the point of complaining here and calling @gamer this and that? Best you can do is not renewing.

BTW, did we really get a sale because CAG raised hell? Or just a coincidence? If it's really because we complained, then rage on!

Maybe there will be a unadvertised sale on dead island or sleeping dogs I hope cause this will be the first month I have not used a coupon although I was thinking about dead island even without a sale I did that with mass effect 3 last month but pm when the msrp drop and picked up lollipop chainsaw then also so yeah maybe dead island on Tuesday when I pick up AC3 with my extra $10 coupon from the Kmart deal lol I feel like a hoarder of video games since I've joined this site.

[quote name='aznhero913'].I ain't getting a temp. ban b/c asshole coonfused fanboys get their panties in a bunch over my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks for calling me out out of the blue, douchebag. I haven't even said a thing in this thread about anything.

I jumped in here looking for a deal as well.

[quote name='confoosious']Hey thanks for calling me out out of the blue, douchebag. I haven't even said a thing in this thread about anything.

I jumped in here looking for a deal as well.[/QUOTE]
I Thought he was merely typing in "Confused", but misspelled it and wasn't pointing you out of the blue all...

[quote name='bardockkun']I Thought he was merely typing in "Confused", but misspelled it and wasn't pointing you out of the blue all...[/QUOTE]

If he was, I apologize.

But I doubt he was. I remember the conversation from sept. but whatever, no time for that nonsense.

[quote name='aznhero913']It ain't gonna happen...

Only reason we saw a sale near the end of last month is b/c only a FEW of us on CAG raised hell about the coupons being horrible over past months...I ain't getting a temp. ban b/c asshole coonfused fanboys get their panties in a bunch over my opinion.

@gamer's become a joke. Sleeping Dogs has been cheaper at GS and Amazon even after using the coupon a BB.[/QUOTE]
$10 Battlefield 3 last month was because of Battlefield 3 Premium Edition being released, $10 Mass Effect 3 was because of announcement of Mass Effect Trilogy. $20 Lollipop was already primed for a drop to that price (see current Gamestop sale).

If you look back at past sales you'll see the same pattern, newer editions replacing old (Arkham City), older clearance games (Bulletstorm, DA2), games they have too much inventory of relative to the price trajectory (Amalur, Revelations). "CAG rais[ing] hell" has little to nothing to do with the sales compared to Best Buy wanting to reduce their stock to a more comfortable level on very specific titles. Not that I'm complaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Outlaw1986']So next months coupons we will prolly be able to use on Black Friday? I'm excited to see what we get!!![/QUOTE]

Hmmm. I don't remember what happened last year but I don't think any of the coupons coincided with a bf deal last year.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']So next months coupons we will prolly be able to use on Black Friday? I'm excited to see what we get!!![/QUOTE]

Probably nothing as great as you're hoping.

[quote name='roundhouse']I don't think I will ever receive my magazine this month. Have received all others promptly so this is especially worrisome. Sad gamer :([/QUOTE]
I still havent received mine either

Maybe just a couple really good $5 games would be good idk what games I want though besides all the new releases that r coming out now besides I got my eye on batman arkhym asylum since I missed that one and 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors keeps going out of stock at amazon. Maybe just a coupon that would work on all platinum hits would be cool. I guess I'm not really expecting anything special though. If its in the $5-$10 range tho ill prolly pick it up.

I would be more upset about this month's not-so-great deals if not for the last minute save that ME3 going down to $10 with the coupon was. Playing through that one right now, actually, and very happy to have gotten it for that price.

Last year's @gamer ended the weekend before BF, and the next issue picked up the following week, so I doubt you'll see coupons valid on BF from @gamer mag unless they change it up this year.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']Maybe just a couple really good $5 games would be good idk what games I want though besides all the new releases that r coming out now besides I got my eye on batman arkhym asylum since I missed that one and 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors keeps going out of stock at amazon. Maybe just a coupon that would work on all platinum hits would be cool. I guess I'm not really expecting anything special though. If its in the $5-$10 range tho ill prolly pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Arkham is $14.99 at GS. Unless u were talking about city GOTY $29.99 now until the 30th

No I just want the 1st one I'm trying to hold out to buy it though cause I got $10 amazon credit and just want to add something to it for free super saver shipping.

[quote name='MellowSeth']Picked up Razer Naga for 40 with coupon. Was waiting for that sale. ;D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up!

Went to BB today, and they had a promotion of Dead Island Riptide up. On this cardboard box, they had the per order steel cases and the GOTY for $19.99. Snagged a copy but it rung up $29.99 . They were able to price match this to the label price and give me my $10 off on top of it,so got it for $9.99. Could be very YMMV but worth a shot.

[quote name='Quagmilion']Went to BB today, and they had a promotion of Dead Island Riptide up. On this cardboard box, they had the per order steel cases and the GOTY for $19.99. Snagged a copy but it rung up $29.99 . They were able to price match this to the label price and give me my $10 off on top of it,so got it for $9.99. Could be very YMMV but worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

So they basically give you the goty edition for 20$ of you pre order riptide and you ised the coupon with that promotion. Im trying this tommorow

[quote name='pacifickarma']Sale? Looks full price to me.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it was a limited time sale but it was $59.99 when I checked it last night, its back to full price.

How long does it take to get your first magazine in the mail? I signed up the middle of last month and finally got the welcome kit a week ago. If you pay for 10 months and only get 9 thats kind of bs.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']How long does it take to get your first magazine in the mail? I signed up the middle of last month and finally got the welcome kit a week ago. If you pay for 10 months and only get 9 thats kind of bs.[/QUOTE]

You get 11 issues, the first of which you get when you sign up. They give it to you in-store. I just signed up yesterday and got it right there, then got welcome coupons in my email this morning.

[quote name='smokeyjoey8']You get 11 issues, the first of which you get when you sign up. They give it to you in-store. I just signed up yesterday and got it right there, then got welcome coupons in my email this morning.[/QUOTE]

Ok 11 issues. I did get my first one in store but that was the Sept issue. I still haven't gotten the Oct one and it's been over a month now. I didn't take the digital option and wondering if they are purposely delaying magazines to see if it gets people to switch.

bread's done
Back