Oct. 2012 @Gamer-$20 Dead Island GOTY, $45 Sleeping Dogs, $10 off used game $29.99+

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
THESE COUPONS ARE NOT FROM THE $10 "FALL SPECIAL" COD ISSUE & THE COD ISSUE IS NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF THE $15 PAID GAMERS CLUB UNLOCKED SUBSCRIPTION SO YOU MUST SPEND AN ADDITIONAL $10 IF YOU WANT ANY OF THE COUPONS FROM THAT(COD) ISSUE.(Link below)

CREDIT + THANX TO loxthefox

October @Gamer Coupons

Assassin's Creed 3 is on the cover
Coupons are valid 10/7/2012 thru 11/3/2012

icon10.gif
Coupons DO STACK with SALE prices(no override should be needed since they now state "valid on sale prices")
icon10.gif
Coupons DO STACK with the 10% discount on USED games for GCU($15 PAID MEMBERSHIP)
icon8.gif
Coupons DO NO STACK with PRICE MATCHES, "PACKAGE" deals (buy 2 get 1, etc), other coupons on the same title or other promotions (monthly 10% off, etc)
:joystick:Coupons DO NOT WORK with ONLINE ORDERING yet BUT if enough people "KUDO" in the link provided below BestBuy will change the coupons accordingly like they did with coupons stacking with sale prices.
:nottalking:BestBuy allowing a single coupon to be used on 2 copies of the same game is COMPLETELY YMMV but per the wording on the coupon 1 per game.

The Oct. mag cost $5 for a single issue or it's free with $15 Gamers club Unlocked(GCU) subscription. Mag has to been scanned in the same transaction with the subscription barcode from the GCU subscription booklet(found in-store behind the trade in counter) or printout from gaming kiosk.

PRICES IN GREEN REPRESENT THE PRICE YOU PAY AFTER THE COUPON IS DEDUCTED

$20 Dead Island GOTY AFTER $10 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...s=960&st=dead+island+game+of+the+year+edition

$45 Sleeping Dogs AFTER $15 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##5##6&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$30 Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance AFTER $10 off coupon
$25 USED w/$10 off pre-owned coupon below NOT INCLUDING 10% GCU discount
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kingdom...2.p?id=1218512740683&skuId=4709462&st=kingdom hearts&lp=1&cp=1

$30 PS3/X360 $20 NDS Angry Birds Trilogy AFTER $10 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

$40 F1 2012 AFTER $20 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##6##e&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$270 Triton Warhead headset AFTER $30 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Tritton...65.p?id=1218708013632&skuId=5936865&st=Triton Warhead headset&cp=1&lp=1

$60 Razer Naga Gaming Mouse AFTER $20 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Razer+-...8661380065&skuId=5559544&st=5559544&cp=1&lp=1

$10 OFF ANY pre-owned game $29.99 and up.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pre-Own...es/pcmcat232900050017.c?id=pcmcat232900050017

Fall COD Special Issue
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Call-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327310

Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamers-Club-Changes-9-12-11/td-p/320180

Having problems receiving your mag on time/at all contact @gamer CS direct @ 1-800-678-3643
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/FAQ-cc.jsp?lsid=&vid=&cds_page_id=86076&cds_mag_code=GMR
You may also want to contact your local postmaster as well

Vote for getting the coupons to work online
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Allowing-Gamer-Coupons-to-be-used-online/idi-p/475807

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gantt']Nope - because then "this" could be "the $10 Fall Special COD issue which IS included in the GCU subscription." "This" isn't the $10 Fall Special COD issue, period - no qualifiers.

Are we all ready for the magazine to actually come out? :)

I'm still honestly hoping for an explanation of "Mag has to been scanned along with barcode for GCU booklet." I don't think I have a GCU booklet, and I'm starting to feel insecure about it.[/QUOTE]

I think he means if you go to subscribe, to get a free issue, it has to be scanned along with the GCU pamphlet that they use and give to anyone signing up.

[quote name='Jodou']Games that sell well won't show up in the coupons. BB is only concerned with moving stock of games that aren't.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah cause games like Arkham City and Mass Effect 3 were complete failures.

All I know is I'm glad the oct issue isn't just CoD/activision shit. Hopefully Sleeping Dogs will go on sale for $40 again next month. Thanks op.

[quote name='kerouac kid']Sleeping Dogs is $39.99. Therefore, it would be $24.99 after the coupon is applied. If the OP is adding the value himself, he needs to make this thread a wiki in order for the community to update the prices accordingly.[/QUOTE]

I would rather have Enuf handle his own OP than misinformation like Sleeping Dogs being $24.99 after coupon being thrown about.

I'm sure the game will go back to regular price next week. I don't think this week's sale price will last all through October.

Just have some faith in Enuf. If for some God awful reason he doesn't correct his post remember, this is the internet. You can get that info elsewhere.

[quote name='gantt']Nope - because then "this" could be "the $10 Fall Special COD issue which IS included in the GCU subscription." "This" isn't the $10 Fall Special COD issue, period - no qualifiers.

Are we all ready for the magazine to actually come out? :)

I'm still honestly hoping for an explanation of "Mag has to been scanned along with barcode for GCU booklet." I don't think I have a GCU booklet, and I'm starting to feel insecure about it.[/QUOTE]

The gcu booklet is just the info booklet they keep and the counter there in the gaming section. Describes the subscription (basically the sales pitch) and has all the legal fine print.

You only need it when you are subscribing for the first time. Ring up the booklet and the mag and the mag will adjust to $0.00.

Just renewed a few days ago and had to walk the employee through it.

Short story long....don't stress about

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']So Sleeping Dogs is 40 now, but coupon makes it 45. Doesn't make much sense there.

If it was 40-15=25 I might be interested, but will probably rent as heard little replay value.[/QUOTE]
It is only $40 cause of this week's sale which ends Saturday night. Going forward I don't see BB allowing much stacking with sale prices, they haven't done it since late July with SSX.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I cant beleave how much angry birds is. Even with the coupon its so overpriced. Their ego has almost gotten activision big lol. Ill stick with my free android downloads[/QUOTE]

Lmao! That game will hit $5 so fast. Lmfao.

Changed the OP

[quote name='gantt']OK, just wut here. Obviously I'm not keeping up. What is the GCU booklet? Why would I need a printout from a gaming kiosk? I've just been having them scan the coupons from the magazine. Seriously, what am I missing?[/QUOTE]This is for people who aren't unlocked or know about GCU. Some of the 1st ?'s are
How much for just one mag?
How much for the sub?
How do I get the 1st issue to ring up free?

The last few threads weren't updated with plenty info & I'm hoping at this point there's no longer a need for tons of colors, links & bolding.

[quote name='kerouac kid']Sleeping Dogs is $39.99. Therefore, it would be $24.99 after the coupon is applied. If the OP is adding the value himself, he needs to make this thread a wiki in order for the community to update the prices accordingly.[/QUOTE]The coupons aren't live yet thus $24.99 isn't possible at least no one has confirmed anything as of yet. Once the prices change I update the OP as usual not sure if you've seen my previous @gamer threads but I stay on top of the stacks. The OP & title get changed accordingly. I was the one who had to keep track of the B:AC one which was craziest month along with the 1st issue "THEY STACK!!!" when sale prices actually started working w/o override.

:drool::drool::drool: seriously... 9.99 for an additional magazine? i agree with what others said, if we were that big of COD fans than we most likely already have all of those games... i just don't see the point of it? also being an @Gamer subscriber, it almost feels like i'm being punished for them letting everyone know we won't be getting this magazine... weird marketing ploy BB... i'm not biting... your move.

Unless Dead Island GOTY drops to $10 after coupon, this will be the first issue for me where everything is a blank. The COD issue is a total bust as well, the separate $10 buy-in for the magazine itself makes it unlikely to achieve good price points for MW3 and Blops 1.

Sup Fellas. I was wondering if you guys could give me a suggestion on which Hard Cover Limited Edition Strategy Guide I should use the 50% off coupon for joining the Best Buy Gamer Subscription. I usually buy my Strategy guides from Amazon and I am totally stumped. Thanks :)

[quote name='Enuf']Changed the OP

This is for people who aren't unlocked or know about GCU. Some of the 1st ?'s are
How much for just one mag?
How much for the sub?
How do I get the 1st issue to ring up free?

The last few threads weren't updated with plenty info & I'm hoping at this point there's no longer a need for tons of colors, links & bolding.[/QUOTE]

Good job clarifying here and in the OP. I know you're trying to help and be thorough. Thanks.

Count me among those a bit disappointed that we didn't get a price drop/sale on Prototype 2, ME3 or Lollipop Chainsaw during the current coupon cycle (so far). I signed up for GCU fairly recently based on past deals, so I hope my faith that they'd keep coming wasn't misplaced.

[quote name='Terry_Maganas']Sup Fellas. I was wondering if you guys could give me a suggestion on which Hard Cover Limited Edition Strategy Guide I should use the 50% off coupon for joining the Best Buy Gamer Subscription. I usually buy my Strategy guides from Amazon and I am totally stumped. Thanks :)[/QUOTE]

If I remember right, the current Welcome Packet coupons expire early November (11/3 I think), so it'll have to come out before then. If you're picking up Assassin's Creed 3, that might be a good option. I'm not sure what other CE guides are coming out in that time frame.

Ugh, crappy coupons this month unless there are some amazing sales that happen. I really hope the lack of sales on the titles people were excited about this month (prototype 2, Mass effect 3, and Lollipop chainsaw) isn't a harbinger of the way BB will do things from now on.

At least there was the good deal with Witcher 2, even if that was hard to actually find and had nothing to do with the mag...

If this continues it won't be worth renewing, though.

Wow these coupons are about as bad as the CoD ones...

10 and 15 dollars off full price games?

A far cry from 10 dollar B:AC, SC5, and SSX

As much as I love a great coupon month my trading has more than made up for the lack of good deals. After you trade in or buy $150 of used games everything is gravy. Still the best value but the coupons have stopped being uber-deals lately.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Wow these coupons are about as bad as the CoD ones...

A far cry from 10 dollar B:AC, SC5, and SSX[/QUOTE]

They probably started realizing the people who generally use these coupons aren't they type of people that will be pulled into the store by a good deal on a game and then spend more money on something else. I don't know what % of their profits come from media, but they must've been losing money on those $5 and $10 games.

I need dead island goty but 20 is still too much. I will wait for 10! Also need sleeping dogs but I will wait a year or more if I have to to get it for 10.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Wow f1 2012 JUST came out[/QUOTE]

No kidding, I might be in the minority but I am stoked that I got caught up in NHL 13 and hadn't opened my copy yet

[quote name='Terry_Maganas']Sup Fellas. I was wondering if you guys could give me a suggestion on which Hard Cover Limited Edition Strategy Guide I should use the 50% off coupon for joining the Best Buy Gamer Subscription. I usually buy my Strategy guides from Amazon and I am totally stumped. Thanks :)[/QUOTE]

Try the Arkham City guide. I bought mine from amazon though, I was planning on using it for trying to plat the game but i got the Catwoman cover (w/c is freakin awesome) so i kept it sealed:D

EDIT: Uncharted 3 CE guide is really nice but its probably cheap by now. Skyrim (the first print) is a great guide too.

A far cry from 10 dollar B:AC, SC5, and SSX[/QUOTE]Only uniformed people jump at the base coupon of the $60 price but even with the last batch of coupons MSRP's dropped the prices on Lollipop Chainsaw, Prototype 2 & ME3 are still some of the best going. If these had been 2 for $60 games people would've jumped all over them. I love the $5-$15 games to but I've scored so much from GCU & the $15 has been more than recouped 1000X at this point everything is gravy. Not only that this time of yr is when BB kicks it in gear for all deals.

Is Dead Island any good? I am not big into sandbox games, then again I love Sleeping Dogs. Is this a game that would interest me? Also, I hear this game at release had a ton of game breaking bugs in this. Have these issues been remedied yet? Also, is the DLC worth being that it is the GotY version?

Thanks.

Maybe Borderlands 2? (although I guess the will probably have a hardcover GOTY guide eventually).

They actually had the Dead Island GOTY edition at my Best Buy for $20 last week and it wasn't even on sale. The price is probably YYMV but it might be worth checking out if you are interested and near a Best Buy.

What is the welcome package? I have been a member for for a couple months and never got a welcome pack.

[quote name='Sonne']You know one can just be friendly to blueshirts and they may just let you use the coupon without buying the magazine, instead of having a chip on your shoulder.

I'm surprised that BBY hasn't shrink wrapped the magazines to prevent people using the coupons without purchase. They probably want people to be using these, to clear out stock.[/QUOTE]

Lol I've actually had an employee tell me at checkout that I didn't have to rip out the coupon she had a sheet she could just scan there and use, I still bought the magazine but from the sound of it, she wouldn't of cared if I didn't , she scanned the sheet and I kept the coupon

[quote name='209chromatic']Did people not pick up Sleeping Dogs during TRU 2 for $60? If you really want the game you can pick up a used copy from GS for $28 with that $10 off Coke code.[/QUOTE]
I was one of the ones who DID PM the 2/$60 deal from TRU at BB about 3-4 weeks ago. I just traded back my copy of Darksiders II from that deal a couple of days ago and I got rid of Sleeping Dogs about a week after I got it.

All in all, they paid me to play that game, Darksiders II AND Prototype 2 for a month.:D;)

As for the coupons in this mag, I see myself using next to none of them as well. Not that I really care, since I still have Skyrim and KOA:R to play through along with a bunch of other games and my next 'big' title I want is GTA V. That's likely at least 6 months off as of now. I'll keep my credit for now.

Me, too. This really blows.

[quote name='WilsonWade']no real interest here. 2 months in a row that I haven't used a coupon for @gamer[/QUOTE]

Dead Island is awesome! It's like a mix between Resident Evil and Borderlands. Two awesome series.

[quote name='icewolf74']Is Dead Island any good? I am not big into sandbox games, then again I love Sleeping Dogs. Is this a game that would interest me? Also, I hear this game at release had a ton of game breaking bugs in this. Have these issues been remedied yet? Also, is the DLC worth being that it is the GotY version?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I hear you. I still can't believe I didn't jump onto that Batman: AC for $10 deal, because I was waiting for the GOTY edition. I'm not even sure if the Batman GOTY edition is even worth it over the vanilla version for $10.

A far cry from 10 dollar B:AC, SC5, and SSX[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hellhunt']What is the welcome package? I have been a member for for a couple months and never got a welcome pack.[/QUOTE]

They are coupons you receive in the mail. Save 50% off any strategy guide, buy 2 games get 1 free (up to $40), buy 2 get 1 free used games, save 10% on a digital gaming purchase up to $15

[quote name='Hellhunt']What is the welcome package? I have been a member for for a couple months and never got a welcome pack.[/QUOTE]

It took over 10 weeks for me. On the other hand, it does seem they send them out in batches, so if you signed up in late July perhaps you still should have received it by now.

[quote name='Skydude']Ugh, crappy coupons this month unless there are some amazing sales that happen. I really hope the lack of sales on the titles people were excited about this month (prototype 2, Mass effect 3, and Lollipop chainsaw) isn't a harbinger of the way BB will do things from now on.

At least there was the good deal with Witcher 2, even if that was hard to actually find and had nothing to do with the mag...

If this continues it won't be worth renewing, though.[/QUOTE]

I feel as though we are spoiled. This mag paid for it self with one good month out of the year. The only month I didn't use a coupon was last month that's a damn good record.

These coupons will be good when Angry Birds goes on sale (it will) or when DEad Island drops a little more.

It'd be nice if Sleeping Dogs got a sale, though even if it did I doubt it'd hit what I want it to. I Redboxed it and beat it but damn, I'd like to have a copy to hold onto. And I'll bite on Dead Island GOTY if it manages to hit $10; it'd be a better option than buying the DLC, even considering I own the vanilla copy.

[quote name='Deman93']They actually had the Dead Island GOTY edition at my Best Buy for $20 last week and it wasn't even on sale. The price is probably YYMV but it might be worth checking out if you are interested and near a Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

It was $20 universal up until last week. They thoughtfully raised the price $10 so we could feel better about using the coupon.

We haven't seen ten-dollar deals in a while (except for the Rewardzone deals). Do you think the execs in charge of weekly deals realized how much the coupons took off?

[quote name='exopuppy']It was $20 universal up until last week. They thoughtfully raised the price $10 so we could feel better about using the coupon.[/QUOTE]
MSRP is $29.99 last I checked, so it was likely on sale for $20. A $10 game is still a good deal.

[quote name='joshnorm']I feel as though we are spoiled. This mag paid for it self with one good month out of the year. The only month I didn't use a coupon was last month that's a damn good record.[/QUOTE]
Understatement of the year right here. Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed getting a ton of games for $5 and $10, but some of these games that the coupons are for next month are still decent deals at $20-30 apiece.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']It'd be nice if Sleeping Dogs got a sale, though even if it did I doubt it'd hit what I want it to. I Redboxed it and beat it but damn, I'd like to have a copy to hold onto. And I'll bite on Dead Island GOTY if it manages to hit $10; it'd be a better option than buying the DLC, even considering I own the vanilla copy.[/QUOTE]

Sleeping Dogs was on sale until today for $39. Seems like BB is getting smarter :whistle2:k

How's the DLC for Dead Island? I already have the vanilla version but it's unopened so I could flip that and get the GOTY version if it's worth the hassle.

[quote name='morpheus47']How's the DLC for Dead Island? I already have the vanilla version but it's unopened so I could flip that and get the GOTY version if it's worth the hassle.[/QUOTE]

the ripper is meh, the arena is only fun with friends, and the ryder white campaign I cant say much about. I did all of 5 minutes. Its more of the same gameplay but theres no achievements/trophies for it.

BTW thats not the reason I only played 5 minutes of it.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Well its offically sunday on the east coast and the website still shows sleeping dogs at 39.99, could this price acually hold ? I hope so lol[/QUOTE]
It's back up to $59.99.

bread's done
Back