Oct. 2012 @Gamer-$20 Dead Island GOTY, $45 Sleeping Dogs, $10 off used game $29.99+

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
THESE COUPONS ARE NOT FROM THE $10 "FALL SPECIAL" COD ISSUE & THE COD ISSUE IS NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF THE $15 PAID GAMERS CLUB UNLOCKED SUBSCRIPTION SO YOU MUST SPEND AN ADDITIONAL $10 IF YOU WANT ANY OF THE COUPONS FROM THAT(COD) ISSUE.(Link below)

CREDIT + THANX TO loxthefox

October @Gamer Coupons

Assassin's Creed 3 is on the cover
Coupons are valid 10/7/2012 thru 11/3/2012

icon10.gif
Coupons DO STACK with SALE prices(no override should be needed since they now state "valid on sale prices")
icon10.gif
Coupons DO STACK with the 10% discount on USED games for GCU($15 PAID MEMBERSHIP)
icon8.gif
Coupons DO NO STACK with PRICE MATCHES, "PACKAGE" deals (buy 2 get 1, etc), other coupons on the same title or other promotions (monthly 10% off, etc)
:joystick:Coupons DO NOT WORK with ONLINE ORDERING yet BUT if enough people "KUDO" in the link provided below BestBuy will change the coupons accordingly like they did with coupons stacking with sale prices.
:nottalking:BestBuy allowing a single coupon to be used on 2 copies of the same game is COMPLETELY YMMV but per the wording on the coupon 1 per game.

The Oct. mag cost $5 for a single issue or it's free with $15 Gamers club Unlocked(GCU) subscription. Mag has to been scanned in the same transaction with the subscription barcode from the GCU subscription booklet(found in-store behind the trade in counter) or printout from gaming kiosk.

PRICES IN GREEN REPRESENT THE PRICE YOU PAY AFTER THE COUPON IS DEDUCTED

$20 Dead Island GOTY AFTER $10 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...s=960&st=dead+island+game+of+the+year+edition

$45 Sleeping Dogs AFTER $15 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##5##6&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$30 Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance AFTER $10 off coupon
$25 USED w/$10 off pre-owned coupon below NOT INCLUDING 10% GCU discount
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kingdom...2.p?id=1218512740683&skuId=4709462&st=kingdom hearts&lp=1&cp=1

$30 PS3/X360 $20 NDS Angry Birds Trilogy AFTER $10 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

$40 F1 2012 AFTER $20 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##6##e&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$270 Triton Warhead headset AFTER $30 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Tritton...65.p?id=1218708013632&skuId=5936865&st=Triton Warhead headset&cp=1&lp=1

$60 Razer Naga Gaming Mouse AFTER $20 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Razer+-...8661380065&skuId=5559544&st=5559544&cp=1&lp=1

$10 OFF ANY pre-owned game $29.99 and up.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pre-Own...es/pcmcat232900050017.c?id=pcmcat232900050017

Fall COD Special Issue
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Call-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327310

Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamers-Club-Changes-9-12-11/td-p/320180

Having problems receiving your mag on time/at all contact @gamer CS direct @ 1-800-678-3643
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/FAQ-cc.jsp?lsid=&vid=&cds_page_id=86076&cds_mag_code=GMR
You may also want to contact your local postmaster as well

Vote for getting the coupons to work online
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Allowing-Gamer-Coupons-to-be-used-online/idi-p/475807

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jimmienoman']Same reason they have brail lettering on a drive-up ATM machine

And yes I know why, I was just trying to make a jokr[/QUOTE]

:lol: So sad that I never put that together before.

I usually get my mags pretty early, but didn't get this one yet. Which sucks, since I traded in my Dead Island during the 100% bonus deal to upgrade to the GOTY ed.

Yea normally I'd have my mag already, but haven't gotten it this month. I think it's because mine expired last month and even though i signed up 3 or 4 weeks in advanced, there is still some delay in service. Good thing there isn't anything I want

[quote name='kouleefoh']Yea normally I'd have my mag already, but haven't gotten it this month. I think it's because mine expired last month and even though i signed up 3 or 4 weeks in advanced, there is still some delay in service. Good thing there isn't anything I want[/QUOTE]

No mag for me as well and I also renewed last month, I usually always get it on time. I also got a whole new account number and when I check the @gamer site they haven't even mailed the new mag yet. So yeah I'm guessing some of us who renewed recently might be delayed.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']No mag for me as well and I also renewed last month, I usually always get it on time. I also got a whole new account number and when I check the @gamer site they haven't even mailed the new mag yet. So yeah I'm guessing some of us who renewed recently might be delayed.[/QUOTE]
No mag here either. Doesn't make sense. For those of us who signed up day one (9/12/11) for GCU our last issue was 10/1/12. So even if we didn't renew we should still have this issue on time.

Got my magazine today which is a surprise as I figured with address change would miss another month.

Consider Sleeping Dogs if it goes on sale and $10 off preowned though not sure what.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Just rebuy it with the coupon then return the new copy with your old receipt.[/QUOTE]

Ah, right. Good call. Would be easier if they just let me do the return/rebuy without going through the charade, though. It's not like what I'm doing is a big mystery.

Magazine arrived today, and I renewed super early just because, back in the summer. I think the magazine was just generally late this time, we know thats happened before.

[quote name='MR_E']Ah, right. Good call. Would be easier if they just let me do the return/rebuy without going through the charade, though. It's not like what I'm doing is a big mystery.[/QUOTE]

Talk to them about it I guess? If they say anything, do it at another store without asking.

[quote name='flix1']So, my GCU subscription expires at the end of this week, but I never received this month's magazine ... any ideas if that was on purpose or just a mistake on Best Buy's part?[/QUOTE]
Got my answer ... my mag arrived in the mail today.

Got my mag today, looks like another couponless month for me unless there are some good price drops/sales to stack. I already beat Sleeping Dogs and own Dead Island GOTY.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Anyone know where the coupons for the digital sub. Are? I skimmed through the whole catalog and can't find the coupons[/QUOTE]

They send you an email. The first link is for the magazine. There should be another link below that goes directly to your coupons.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Anyone know where the coupons for the digital sub. Are? I skimmed through the whole catalog and can't find the coupons[/QUOTE]

We meet again Mr John Wayne, quick question.....do you feel lucky? Do you punk. Anyhow why in the world would your coupons be in a DIGITAL magazine? The coupons are actually mailed to you in a envelope to your house.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']They send you an email. The first link is for the magazine. There should be another link below that goes directly to your coupons.[/QUOTE]

Weird my friend has digital sub and they send physical coupons via mail to his house, guess maybe you can request that.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']They send you an email. The first link is for the magazine. There should be another link below that goes directly to your coupons.[/QUOTE]
Refresh my memory. Do the digital coupons have unique barcodes/SKUs to prevent multiple use?

[quote name='Poor2More']We meet again Mr John Wayne, quick question.....do you feel lucky? Do you punk. Anyhow why in the world would your coupons be in a DIGITAL magazine? The coupons are actually mailed to you in a envelope to your house.[/QUOTE]

Lol

Thanks tribe, just found the link in my email

[quote name='JohnWayne']Thanks tribe, just found the link in my email[/QUOTE]
I did it for Game Informer and now I'm thinking about going digital for @gamer. Is it an option to get digital coupons or have them sent in the mail? Is there a way to use the digital coupons from your phone or do you still have to print them out?

[quote name='klimb22']I did it for Game Informer and now I'm thinking about going digital for @gamer. Is it an option to get digital coupons or have them sent in the mail? Is there a way to use the digital coupons from your phone or do you still have to print them out?[/QUOTE]

I have no clue if there is an option to switch to digital coupons. I just signed up for gamers club unlocked late August and had the option of choosing digital mags or physical mags and chose the digital and I looked in my email and saw a link for the mag and a link for the coupons right below it. I doubt you can get the coupons mailed to you if you chose digital sub., idk, But I know if you chose the physical mag sub, then the coupons should be right in the middle of the mag when you receive it in the mail. As for your last question, I have no idea since this is the first month of me receiving a mag in my email

[quote name='JohnWayne']I have no clue if there is an option to switch to digital coupons. I just signed up for gamers club unlocked late August and had the option of choosing digital mags or physical mags and chose the digital and I looked in my email and saw a link for the mag and a link for the coupons right below it. I doubt you can get the coupons mailed to you if you chose digital sub., idk, But I know if you chose the physical mag sub, then the coupons should be right in the middle of the mag when you receive it in the mail. As for your last question, I have no idea since this is the first month of me receiving a mag in my email[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Some people who have the digital sub get the coupons mailed to them separately and some get them digitaly. I just wanted to know if this was up to the user to decide. I get the physical mag (with the coupons in the middle) now, but wanted to reduce my impact on the environment and go digital.

What's the replay value from 1-10 on Sleeping Dogs? Thanks.

[quote name='TheHelix']Got my mag today, looks like another couponless month for me unless there are some good price drops/sales to stack. I already beat Sleeping Dogs and own Dead Island GOTY.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']What's the replay value from 1-10 on Sleeping Dogs? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I'd probably rate it around a 4-5 at most. The combat is a mix of Arkham Asylum/Arkham City, but the combos are mostly just button mashing square or holding it for more powerful moves.

The extra stuff like races and collecting crap is meh at best. The only fun collectibles or side missions are the lockboxes or hacking the security cameras. But not every lockbox needs to be cracked by rotating the left stick like a safe dial, as some of them just open automatically.

I'd say just to grab it and as long as you blow through it quickly enough it's a cheap rental while the 50% promo is still going on.

Man I am SO fucking mad at BB right now. Last month I signed up for their "magazine", and now 9 day into the next month I got my issue in. WTF they suck!! I am going to just throw it away so I can QQ like everyone else.

[quote name='AukeySeven']Man I am SO fucking mad at BB right now. Last month I signed up for their "magazine", and now 9 day into the next month I got my issue in. WTF they suck!! I am going to just throw it away so I can QQ like everyone else.[/QUOTE]
You mean, you got the issue that went live sunday? You got it the first day after the holiday weekend and that wasn't fast enough for you? Maybe I missed the sarcasm here....

[quote name='Investor']What's the replay value from 1-10 on Sleeping Dogs? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
It depends on how much of the side missions you do. There are a TON of side missions and optional stuff to pick up. And IMO the racing is the best I've played in any sandbox game (better even than some full-fledged racing games) As far as replaying the main story, there's really no point unless you just really like doing the same missions again.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'd probably rate it around a 4-5 at most. The combat is a mix of Arkham Asylum/Arkham City, but the combos are mostly just button mashing square or holding it for more powerful moves.

The extra stuff like races and collecting crap is meh at best. The only fun collectibles or side missions are the lockboxes or hacking the security cameras. But not every lockbox needs to be cracked by rotating the left stick like a safe dial, as some of them just open automatically.

I'd say just to grab it and as long as you blow through it quickly enough it's a cheap rental while the 50% promo is still going on.[/QUOTE]

Just for you IATCG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFfJc8owok8

Still haven't received it. I checked at @gamer site and it says the issue was supposedly mailed on October 1st. I had the same situation last month and I never received it.
I'm gonna call tomorrow to cancel my subscription. Gonna miss the coupons.

[quote name='althe']Still haven't received it. I checked at @gamer site and it says the issue was supposedly mailed on October 1st. I had the same situation last month and I never received it.
I'm gonna call tomorrow to cancel my subscription. Gonna miss the coupons.[/QUOTE]

You can always switch to digital.

Replay? Dunno but 16 hours in with 70% story completion and a good amount of side quests finished.

Fighting = Batman, shooting = max Payne, story seriousness =gta, driving = saints row. it's really the best of one aspect of a certain game put into one.

I love iatcg but NEVER listen to him for gage reviews unless it's gta iv or battlefield 1943. (love ya itacg).

I picked it up when it was $40. Traded in saints and had $5 rz cert. Well worth $30 would be my number though

I don't know about you guys, but Sleeping Dogs was phenomenal for me. I thoroughly enjoyed every second of that game. It really might be the best game I've played this year. If you're a completionist, you'll have a decent time with it. The achievements aren't too bad as well. Well worth $60. I'd spend more time with it if I didn't have a backlog to get through before Black Friday.

[quote name='shadowkast']Replay? Dunno but 16 hours in with 70% story completion and a good amount of side quests finished.

Fighting = Batman, shooting = max Payne, story seriousness =gta, driving = saints row. it's really the best of one aspect of a certain game put into one.

I love iatcg but NEVER listen to him for gage reviews unless it's gta iv or battlefield 1943. (love ya itacg).

I picked it up when it was $40. Traded in saints and had $5 rz cert. Well worth $30 would be my number though[/QUOTE]

Iitcg loves that gta4 hellicoptor glitch lol

[quote name='HDShadow']I don't know about you guys, but Sleeping Dogs was phenomenal for me. I thoroughly enjoyed every second of that game. It really might be the best game I've played this year. If you're a completionist, you'll have a decent time with it. The achievements aren't too bad as well. Well worth $60. I'd spend more time with it if I didn't have a backlog to get through before Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

I have 300+ ps3 disc games and one platinum trophy, this will be my second

[quote name='strait edge follower']Iitcg loves that gta4 hellicoptor glitch lol[/QUOTE]
Yes I do. Yes I do indeed. But I also like the other ones in the game too.;):razz:

[quote name='althe']Still haven't received it. I checked at @gamer site and it says the issue was supposedly mailed on October 1st. I had the same situation last month and I never received it.
I'm gonna call tomorrow to cancel my subscription. Gonna miss the coupons.[/QUOTE]what's the point of cancelling a sub that you can't get refunded for? Contact @gamer CS direct & get your sub extended for the missing issues & work with them to correct the overall issue.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']This thread fucking sucks. Not sure of the cover or dates, red text is unclear. What happened to the normal @gamer thread that wasn't written by an 8 year old?[/QUOTE]the OP is dumbed down so an 8 yr can understand it. The red text is very clear you should read it slowly plus I fully remember the previous threads that were plagued by repeat ?'s that were answered on the OP's 1st line.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Well if you sign up and get $10 extra credit when you buy dishonored, that means you are going to purchase it for $5 effectively.

Given all the games you've seen in this thread:

$10 B:AC
$10 AC:R
$9 GoW3 (used)
Free Tera
Free Mac Games
Free Deadliest Warrior
$7 Crysis 2 (used)
$7 Dead Space 2 (used)
$10 ME3 (possibly CE)
$10 BF3 (possibly free if found 1st run copy)
$20 MW3
$20 Lollipop Chainsaw

And the list goes on and on and on...

I think you see where I'm going here.[/QUOTE]
what game was $1.XX used? $5 MOH, $10 Resistance 3 new $9 used, $15 GOW coll, $15 Ico/SOTC, free gears triple pack, $10 SSX, $20 NFS hot pursuit, $20 & $5 DA2 & then there's the 50% off used game coupon, $10 off $20/$20.

[quote name='Enuf']the OP is dumbed down so an 8 yr can understand it. The red text is very clear you should read it slowly plus I fully remember the previous threads that were plagued by repeat ?'s that were answered on the OP's 1st line.[/quote]
:lol:At least some of us read the OP's of threads and understand how these deals work.;)
what game was $1.XX used? $5 MOH, $10 Resistance 3 new $9 used, $15 GOW coll, $15 Ico/SOTC, free gears triple pack, $10 SSX, $20 NFS hot pursuit, $20 & $5 DA2 & then there's the 50% off used game coupon, $10 off $20/$20.
I think it was Homefront that was $1 something used, since I distinctly remember getting it super cheap from BB. I never did finish the damn game either of the two times I owned it though. This last time I traded my $1 or so copy to a local shop for a Dual Shock 2 to complete my $7 thrift store PS2.;)

damn i wish sleeping dogs would drop i mean amazong still has it at 39.99 if bestbuy would do that price so we could use the coupon also i would gladly get it. till then i wait. got ada campaign on resident evil 6 then its just gong through ith the other characters. till assassins creed 3 comes out

[quote name='shadowkast']Yeah, it was home front. Didn't we get need for stored the run dirt $5 as well?[/QUOTE]
Woah, what game is this?

[quote name='shadowkast']Yeah, it was home front. Didn't we get need for stored the run dirt $5 as well?[/QUOTE]

I believe that was a Deal of the Day, but it coincided with other coupons so many ( like me) did in store pick up for a copy and then got some of he coupon games in the same run!

Game was need for speed:shift

Homefront has got to be the most UNDERATED game of this generation. I love, love the multi-player component of the game. It's fast and furious, and you earned points for everything you do within the game, and applied them towards the in-game purchase of specials like tanks and Apache helicopters. Awesome.

[quote name='Enuf']
what game was $1.XX used? $5 MOH, $10 Resistance 3 new $9 used, $15 GOW coll, $15 Ico/SOTC, free gears triple pack, $10 SSX, $20 NFS hot pursuit, $20 & $5 DA2 & then there's the 50% off used game coupon, $10 off $20/$20.[/QUOTE]

Man that few Gears Triple Pack was a massive pain to get. So much convincing between the "taken from regular price" on the coupon convincing them that their own forums were corporate saying that it comes from sale prices. To getting a manager to override to give me a free game.

Although that offer was amazing. I preordered gears which gave me $5 off the @gamer sub, which also got me a free 3pack. They messed up my sub when they sent out the GCU upgrade coupon, so after a couple months of trying to fix it they gave me 2 1/2 years of unlocked total. $5 preorder gave me $80 worth of discounts (including the 5/$100).

And yup the $1 game was home front. I just traded it in. Was really good, but I understand why reviews would e mediocre if I bought it for $60. It was just WAY too short

[quote name='JohnWayne']You've never played need for stored the run dirt??? lmao[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for the Landfill Edition. It comes with all the DLC.

bread's done
Back