Offical Disney Movie Rewards Code Thread

[quote name='KJ.West']He asked for the BEST item for under 2,000 points, not the worst item.

Why the fuck would you want the Duck Tales movie on 480i DVD for any amount of points when you can buy it in 1080p from iTunes?[/QUOTE]

Actually he wrote "What's the best/rarest item to get for 2000 points or less?". Ignoring the fact that you completely glossed over the fact that he wrote rarest, I assume you at least have a grasping of what the slash is used for right? If he's looking for the rarest item from DMR for 2,000 points or less, then Duck Tales The Movie would actually be one of, if not the best choice to make since it's exclusive to DMR and DMC in the US, is OOP, and getting scarcer by the day.

As far the "Best" item, well I consider that to be entirely subjective. One person's view of what the best item is depends on their tastes. I could think figurines are the best if I love collecting them, but someone might think a Blu-ray season of Lost is because it's their fav. show.

So yeah, enough with your silly and clueless hyperbole. Duck Tales The Movie is a solid choice, and in my personal opinion qualifies as the best and rarest item under 2K from DMR.

[quote name='evilomar']Calm down sugar tits. Some people like owning physical media. I myself joined Disney rewards years ago just to get ducktales, but to each their own.[/QUOTE]

So do I, but not when it is inferior in quality to the digital version. If this was on Blu-ray then it would be a different story.

A DVD copy when a 1080p download exists is a waste of plastic.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Actually he wrote "What's the best/rarest item to get for 2000 points or less?". Ignoring the fact that you completely glossed over the fact that he wrote rarest, I assume you at least have a grasping of what the slash is used for right? If he's looking for the rarest item from DMR for 2,000 points or less, then Duck Tales The Movie would actually be one of, if not the best choice to make since it's exclusive to DMR and DMC in the US, is OOP, and getting scarcer by the day.
[/QUOTE]

Too bad it doesn't fit either of those criteria. There are plenty of items on Disney Movie Rewards under 2k which are rarer than the DuckTales movie, like that Wreck-It Ralph 8-bit Watch, or that Alarm Clock which is currently out of stock. That thing sold for $50 on eBay.

There are tons of listings for the DuckTales movie on eBay but not a single one for that Wreck-it Ralph watch or that Frankenweenie beanie. Rare my ass.

I just cannot see the DVD of a movie that is easily available for sale in superior quality digitally ever becoming "rare" and retaining any value. Not to mention the fact that anyone who wants this movie could also pirate it with ease. I'd like to see you try pirating an exclusive physical Disney Movie Rewards item that is now out of stock like that Alice in Wonderland backwards Mad Hatter wall clock. I'm sure one day we might even see an exclusive DuckTales Blu-ray since a HD transfer of this film already exists. Now that'll really cause the value to drop like a rock.

You guys give terrible advice.

So if it's not on ebay that makes it rarer. Where the hell did you get your logic from, a cracker jack box? And don't get me started on how retarded the rest of your post was (mentioning OOS items for someone looking to get something for instance lmfao). The fucking irony of you saying we give terrible advice, while suggesting that anyone who wants it could pirate the movie. Just quit while you're behind, because seriously, I'm embarrassed for you.

I'd like to see you try pirating an exclusive physical Disney Movie Rewards item that is now out of stock
yep, definitely a cracker jack box :rofl:

[quote name='sangredekrazy']If anyone had issues with the code yesterday, use 25doc12 thru 12/27/12 to get your 5 pts.[/QUOTE]

The code works right now.

[quote name='ssjmichael']So if it's not on ebay that makes it rarer. Where the hell did you get your logic from, a cracker jack box? And don't get me started on how retarded the rest of your post was (mentioning OOS items for someone looking to get something for instance lmfao). The fucking irony of you saying we give terrible advice, while suggesting that anyone who wants it could pirate the movie. Just quit while you're behind, because seriously, I'm embarrassed for you.

yep, definitely a cracker jack box :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I accept your admission of defeat.

Better luck next time son.

[quote name='sangredekrazy']If anyone had issues with the code yesterday, use 25doc12 thru 12/27/12 to get your 5 pts.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='ssjmichael']So if it's not on ebay that makes it rarer. Where the hell did you get your logic from, a cracker jack box? And don't get me started on how retarded the rest of your post was (mentioning OOS items for someone looking to get something for instance lmfao). The fucking irony of you saying we give terrible advice, while suggesting that anyone who wants it could pirate the movie. Just quit while you're behind, because seriously, I'm embarrassed for you.

yep, definitely a cracker jack box :rofl:[/QUOTE]

If you look at his 15 post history, you'll see he hates DVDs. Blu-Ray is king in his book.

Where did this thread come from, what happened to the other one? Oh, I didn't get any points on 12-25 either. I thought I just blinked before when the total changed.

[quote name='slowdive21']Where did this thread come from, what happened to the other one? Oh, I didn't get any points on 12-25 either. I thought I just blinked before when the total changed.[/QUOTE]

It's been here awhile, the other is in the free section I believe.

[quote name='slowdive21']Where did this thread come from, what happened to the other one? Oh, I didn't get any points on 12-25 either. I thought I just blinked before when the total changed.[/QUOTE]

The second/third/fourth posts of this thread mention this. I have no idea why it's stood for so long. We don't need two DMR threads and the other one was fine.

[quote name='mtxbass1']The second/third/fourth posts of this thread mention this. I have no idea why it's stood for so long. We don't need two DMR threads and the other one was fine.[/QUOTE]

Actually they don't. Two people asked where the other thread was, and you were the only one whining, just as you are now.

I also think it's hilarious that you think the other is fine too considering it hasn't been bumped since 12/4, and thus no one has updated it with the daily free Christmas points. Guess what? This thread has been updated every day with new points. The other DMR thread is buried on the 7th page of the freebies section right now (no wonder people keep asking where it is), this one is almost always on the first and usually close to the top. So much for trying to prove how useless this thread is compared to the other.....

The bottom line is, it's not hurting a single person having this thread here (except you since you seem so butt hurt). Before it was created, people created new threads just a for a single code, so a compilation thread was needed. It's nearly 20 pages long, and the majority of people posting in it appreciate it, so just get over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']Actually they don't. Two people asked where the other thread was, and you were the only one whining, just as you are now.

I also think it's hilarious that you think the other is fine too considering it hasn't been bumped since 12/4, and thus no one has updated it with the daily free Christmas points. Guess what? This thread has been updated every day with new points. The other DMR thread is buried on the 7th page of the freebies section right now (no wonder people keep asking where it is), this one is almost always on the first and usually close to the top. So much for trying to prove how useless this thread is compared to the other.....

The bottom line is, it's not hurting a single person having this thread here (except you since you seem so butt hurt). Before it was created, people created new threads just a for a single code, so a compilation thread was needed. It's nearly 20 pages long, and the majority of people posting in it appreciate it, so just get over it.[/QUOTE]

:roll: The other one hasn't been bumped because someone got to this one first. Get off your self righteousness soapbox. The other one had been around longer and had been updated MUCH more frequently before this one had been created. It had been established for YEARS prior to this one.

[quote name='mtxbass1']:roll: The other one hasn't been bumped because someone got to this one first. Get off your self righteousness soapbox. The other one had been around longer and had been updated MUCH more frequently before this one had been created. It had been established for YEARS prior to this one.[/QUOTE]

And this one has taken the reigns. Consider it a passing of the torch.

[quote name='mtxbass1']:roll: The other one hasn't been bumped because someone got to this one first. Get off your self righteousness soapbox. The other one had been around longer and had been updated MUCH more frequently before this one had been created. It had been established for YEARS prior to this one.[/QUOTE]

The very fact that no one updates the other one anymore proves how irrelevant it has now become compared to this one. Just because someone "got to this one first" in no way stopped anyone including yourself from updating the other. If you're so adamant and determined about making sure that thread is still relevant, then you failed.

I don't care when the other was created. This thread is here now, and it is just as relevant, if not more so than the other. It was never designed to replace the other anyway, it merely made sense to have a Disney MOVIE Rewards thread in the MOVIE section, the same way the Sony Rewards thread co-exists here, and in the freebie section.

The data proves this thread is more relevant now in fact, so just accept it, and maybe try and keep the other relevant in the freebie section too instead of whining about how this one stole its glory. I don't see why people really have to make any sort of fuss over something like that. "OMGZ there are teh two threads!" If this thread is helping people, why the hell would anyone bitch about that? That's all I'll say about this.

"If this thread is helping people, why the hell would anyone bitch about that?"

AMEN.

LOL who cares if there are two threads. Most of us are interested in the codes and that is it.

If it comes to a point where this thread bothers you because there is another one which hasn't been bumped for weeks, it's time to relax and maybe take a breath of fresh air.

The other thread was originally for 100 point codes. Having another thread for any points makes sense. But merging them together is the best idea. One thread for any point code.

Until then, there's two threads. Check them both. Check only one. But don't throw a hissy fit over there being two of them.

This one also seems a bit more useful to me as(although it doesn't get used often, the thread is wiki-fied.

But yeah, I just check this thread b/c the other one doesn't get updated much anymore. I'm not sure they need to be merged or anything either, just let one or the other fade into the distance.

[quote name='jumpman17']I never got 50 points for the new year :([/QUOTE]

Neither did I and I found out that account is frozen too. Try to login and make sure it is not frozen.

Picked up 9 mystery points.

The newsletter mentions new blu-ray rewards:

2000 points or 1400 Points + S&P ($3.95 US & Canada)
  • "Tron Legacy" 3D Blu-ray™ Combo Pack

1750 points or 1225 Points + S&P ($3.95 US & Canada)
  • "The Princess Diaries" 10th Anniversary Edition 2-Movie Blu-ray™ Combo Pack
  • "James And The Giant Peach" Blu-ray™ Combo Pack
  • "Enchanted" Blu-ray™ Combo Pack

1650 points or 1155 Points + S&P ($3.95 US & Canada)
  • "Disneynature: Earth" Blu-ray™ Combo Pack

I'm not sure any of them are worth the money (since they're not DMR exclusives), but I'm sure some people will be interested.

Side note: Interestingly, S&P in points is 30% of the items overall value as opposed to a fixed amount. Not sure why Tron 3D is more expensive to package than Disneynature: Earth.

Bonus code M1D175G3R58U - "Congratulations! You will earn 50 bonus points the NEXT time you enter a Magic Code for an eligible Disney Blu-ray, DVD, or CD. Offer expires: 1/15/2013."

Damn. Thanks ssjmichael. I guess I'll have to head down to Family Video later and grab a cheap used Disney movie or two (which I've been meaning to get a specific one for my son anyway, now I just have another excuse).

[quote name='ssjmichael']Bonus code M1D175G3R58U - "Congratulations! You will earn 50 bonus points the NEXT time you enter a Magic Code for an eligible Disney Blu-ray, DVD, or CD. Offer expires: 1/15/2013."[/QUOTE]

Thanks yo, should be getting Frankenweenie later today and I'm getting double points on that so with this code I'll get 350 pts for one movie!

Thanks for the heads up ssjmichael. I picked up Finding Nemo last week since it was on sale at Target and was saving the code for something like this. Tron is really tempting I might have to pull the trigger. I have only ordered the Wreck It Ralph alarm clock so far and have just over 3000 points in my account.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sangredekrazy']Thanks yo, should be getting Frankenweenie later today and I'm getting double points on that so with this code I'll get 350 pts for one movie![/QUOTE]

yep, that's what I'm planning to do too :)

[quote name='gossamer']You should have a members update email with mystery points. I got 9.[/QUOTE]

aw man, I only got 7 today.

Have anyone do the "Get 5 Disney Blu-Ray for $5"? I am wondering it there is a catch... like need to purchase x amount of Disney Blu-Ray for full price within x amount of time. I didn't see any fine prints.

[quote name='Methoes']Have anyone do the "Get 5 Disney Blu-Ray for $5"? I am wondering it there is a catch... like need to purchase x amount of Disney Blu-Ray for full price within x amount of time. I didn't see any fine prints.[/QUOTE]

You do have to buy an additional 3 at full price. You can get a 6th for a discounted price with your initial enrollment, meaning you only need 2 more to complete it.

We have a thread about it here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322684&highlight=disney+movie+club

and there's a huge thread over at Blu-ray.com discussing it: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=151870

Here are some general instructions of how to do it

1.) Go to Disneymovieclub.com
2.) Enter promo code 17674B (top right corner to change promo codes)
3.) Choose your movies. Go with at least 6, but I always go with 7 since it's a great value. The total should be $21.90 for 7
4.) Buy 2 additional movies within the allotted time, usually at $29.95 + ~$3.95 shipping each (they have monthly featured selections at $24.95 which also count)

At the end your total will be about $90 for all 9 movies, or about $10 each. You can't really beat that for Disney titles. I've done it twice so far, so if you (or anyone else) has any questions feel free to ask me.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Bonus code M1D175G3R58U - "Congratulations! You will earn 50 bonus points the NEXT time you enter a Magic Code for an eligible Disney Blu-ray, DVD, or CD. Offer expires: 1/15/2013."[/QUOTE]

Thanks. 450 for Frankenweenie 3D brings me up to 4500.

[quote name='gossamer']Thanks. 450 for Frankenweenie 3D brings me up to 4500.[/QUOTE]

I ended up getting 500 pts, 200 base pts + 200 double pts + 50 for that code + 50 for seeing it in the theater and submitting the movie stubs, not bad at all!

[quote name='ssjmichael']You do have to buy an additional 3 at full price. You can get a 6th for a discounted price with your initial enrollment, meaning you only need 2 more to complete it.

We have a thread about it here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322684&highlight=disney+movie+club

and there's a huge thread over at Blu-ray.com discussing it: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=151870

Here are some general instructions of how to do it

1.) Go to Disneymovieclub.com
2.) Enter promo code 17674B (top right corner to change promo codes)
3.) Choose your movies. Go with at least 6, but I always go with 7 since it's a great value. The total should be $21.90 for 7
4.) Buy 2 additional movies within the allotted time, usually at $29.95 + ~$3.95 shipping each (they have monthly featured selections at $24.95 which also count)

At the end your total will be about $90 for all 9 movies, or about $10 each. You can't really beat that for Disney titles. I've done it twice so far, so if you (or anyone else) has any questions feel free to ask me.[/QUOTE]

I literally just signed up to the Disney Movie Club before checking this thread and when I signed up it was buy 4 for $1 and after taking the bonus fifth movie, I still have to buy four more movies instead of just the two in this deal. Ahhh, fuck me.

Oh, and the bonus movie is cheaper. Shit, maybe I should sign up again under my mom's address and use a different credit card.

Thanks. I am glad I checked the thread before I put the Frankenweenie code.

bread's done
Back