OFFICIAL 2006 Yard Sale Thread

Zahiti and I went to a couple yard sales, all busts except one where we got pretty good deal on a bunch of NES games for $5, CIF.
  • Cobra Triangle
  • Conquest of the Crystal Palace
  • Castlevania
  • Little Nemo Dream Master (hell yes!)
  • Batman
  • Milon's Secret Castle
  • Bionic Commando
  • Scheherazade (???)
  • Totally Rad
  • Solstice
  • Cybernoid: The Fighting Machine
  • Astyanax
  • Demon Sword
  • Ninja Turtles
  • The Last Starfighter
  • Mario Bros. Duck Hunt
  • Mickey Mousecapade
  • Popeye
  • Mission: Impossible
  • The Guardian Legend.
And our best find ever: BIBLE ADVENTURES!!!!

Couple of SNES Games also:
  • The 7th Saga
  • Ninja Turtles Turtles in Time
http://imageshack.us

[quote name='moiety']

11 Street Fighter comics

Paid: FREE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/quote]

:drool:

You have no idea how envious I am of you right now. I have no idea what craigslist is, but I think I'll be finding out soon.

Have to share this deal I got at a local yard sale.
I ask the parents if they have any video games on sale, fully expecting them to say "No." They say, hold on, let me ask my kids.
So the father goes into the house, and comes out with a Platinum GameCube (w/ all wires), two controllers (1st party, black), a memory card, and copies of Wind Waker, Zelda: Four Swords, and Kirby Air Ride.
I ask how much, and the mother says the greatest two words I've ever heard in my life:

"Ten dollars."
:shock:
I'm still amazed I didn't do a little dance right there in the driveway.

OMG, today's sales SUCKED for me. A local neighborhood was having their annual neighborhood garage sale. My wife and I did good their last year, but this year was just sad. 1/3 of the sales were at the same homes as last year with the same junk they had then.

Anywho, I saw a N64 with 2 controllers and missing AV cables and no games they wanted $15 for. At the next sale they had one SNES they were asking $25 for (not sure if it had any games) and one PS1 (old grey one) with a lightgun, 3 controllers and 10 games for $35. Seeing as I've found SNES as cheap as $10, $25 was just too much. The PS1 wasn't the worst deal in the world accept for most of the games sucking...well, that and I've seen PS1s cheaper too.

After going to about 20 to 25 sales I ended up spending a grand total of $2 for a Batman Begins action figure and a Power Rangers movie for our boys. Woopie... Oh, and I found that stuff at the 2nd place I stopped.

Okay, so it's not "braggin" rights, but I just had to biotch about it...lol.

1 Bassmasters 2000 (N64, sealed)
1 Care Bears plate (1983)
Paid: $1.25

1 Mario Teaches Typing 2 (PC, case+disc+manual)
Paid: 25 cents
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More rain this week. Still managed to hit 16 sales, some rollover from last week's cancelled sales, others we found along the way. We're heading out again tomorrow, as there are a bunch rescheduled and also some just being held on Sunday.

Nothing really exciting today. At 4 sales, people asked for our number, as they had video games but either did not live there or weren't sure if they wanted to sell them yet. We don't usually have good luck with leaving our number, but it's a chance.

Castlevania SOTN + Resident Evil 2 demo = $1
Star Wars Ep II GBA = $1
Genesis 2 with 10 games:
  • A Dinosaur's Tale
  • Tiny Toons
  • Fun n Games
  • Sub Terrania
  • 6-Pak: Sonic 1, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Revenge of Shinobi, Columns, Super Hang-on
  • Sonic 1 (not for sale ver)
  • Sonic 2
  • Dragon's Revenge
  • NBA Jam (oh my he's on fire!)
  • Monopoly
Asking $5, Paid = $3
Olympus turntable = $2
Nice camera tripod = $1
"Help" War Child charity album (Radiohead, Oasis, etc) = $0.50

Not as much gaming stuff as I would like, but I have to say it's pretty nice for all less than $10.

The first sale of the day was one I went to last week. The lady said her son would have some video games this week, so we made that our first stop. Sadly, they were all sports and war games... very manly GRRR type stuff. And worthless. :roll:

Castlevania came from a house in the residential south part of town. The sale was mostly auto stuff and old TVs, etc. I almost looked over Castlevania because it had the Resident Evil demo on top of it in a case. I noticed there were two discs and voila!

I had been considering getting both a turntable and a camera tripod for awhile now, so I'm thrilled that I got them both on the cheap. The pawn shops around here want ~$60 for a similar turntable. The tripod is very nice quality and looks like it extends to about 6 ft. The mom running the sale said, "You know what, I'm going to let you have that for $1 because I really want to get rid of it." I'm about to take a two week trip to South Korea and Japan (Akihabara here I come!!) but I don't think this one is quite worth lugging around.

I saw a GI Joe jet like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Skystriker-Gi-Joe-Combat-Jet-XP-14F_W0QQitemZ6063307655QQihZ009QQcategoryZ2468QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
for 75 cents, although incomplete. I KNEW i should have picked it up! :wall:

I have Finally hit the MOTHERLOAD !!!

Suikoden I - Mint Complete
Tactics Ogre OgreBattle series - Mint Complete
Metal Gear Solid ( non GH ) - Mint Complete

Payed $5.00

Vandal Hearts II - Mint Complete
Final Fantasy Tactic ( non GH ) - Mint Complete
Ridge Racer 4 - Mint Complete

Payed $6.00

Front mission 3 - Mint Complete
Colony Wars - Mint Complete

Free

Hot Shots Golf 2 - Mint Complete
Impact Racing - Complete, some scratches
Hardcore 4x4 - complete , some scratches
Jet Moto GH - complete, some scratches

Payed $4.00

Dreamcast system, no hook-ups ( tested & works )
King of Fighters Dream Match 1999 - Disc only

Payed $3.00

Beatles Anthology CD sets 1,2, & 3

Payed $9.00

Will post pics soon.

not too bad today, hit a city-wide sale. (It was raining though :( ) I picked up:

Gamegear w/ carrying case +10 games for 3.00
I saw a carrying case labled "SEGA" and went to grab it, but a guy picked it up right before I could get to it. He was looking through it, and asked the lady how much. She replied with 3.00, so I figured he would take it. He looked around more, and finally set it down, to which I quickly snatched it up. Some good games, Sonic 1+2, NBA Jam, Ecco The Dolphin +XMen are the ones off the top of my head. The only problem is, the unit powers on, but it is really hard to see the screen, I can only see the game if I look at it from an angle. Is that fixable?

The other find was more of a dissapointment, I bought a Ge-Force FX5500 for 3.00...but it ended up not being the card that was in the box. I peaked in the box and saw a card, and S-Video cables and drivers CD, but after looking at it the card ended up being a Radeon 7000....lol. Not a huge deal, I needed an S-Video cable anyways, but it would have been a pretty good find!

Lastly picked up a few CD's, sealed Spiderman 1 soundtrack for .75, and The Atari's newest CD for .50 All in all not a bad day (minus the rain!)

Nice finds everyone! especially cranguy's SOTN (I'm very jealous) and the $10 Gamecube bundle.

Didn't intend to go garage saling today, but I hit up one and then ended up hitting about 10 more. it's so addicting!

nothing too special--

---Zelda Oracle of Ages GBC -- $1. As I was leaving the couple starting fighting over the price ("you were supposed to sell that for $15!!") I just hussled out :lol:

[quote name='Ebraum']I have Finally hit the MOTHERLOAD !!!
[/quote]*chokes a little on recently-imbibed tea* Very enviable...

[quote name='Apossum']
I just hussled out :lol:[/quote]Good move. I'm always worried that after a big score, some disgruntled teenager is going to chase me down because mom sold all his nice stuff for pocket change. Zelda Oracle for $1 ain't bad at all.

I went out yesterday and made a few nice finds:

Mega Man 4 (NES)
Castlevania III (NES)
Ninja Gaiden (NES)
Black Bass Fishing (NES)
Paid $3 total

Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Tetris 2 (SNES)
Paid $2 total

Sid Meier's Civilization IV (PC)
Wanted $7.50, CIF"d $5.

Marvel Ultimate Encyclopedia softcover ed.
Paid $0.25

I missed a town wide yard sale today in a small town 15 miles away, but caught some much needed shut eye. Good luck on all you sales.

Today was pretty disappointing, I didn't find much.

I got an NES RF connector and TMNT II for $0.50

that's the only garage sale find, then I found:

Donkey Kong Country 3
Zombie Ate My Neighbors
Fatal Fury Special
Battletoads/Double Dragon

all for SNES for $2 a piece at a thrift store and

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (PS2, disc only) for $2 at a pawn shop.

no massive scores today - oh well - maybe next week

Crazy Taxi - PS2 complete
Monkey Hero - PS1 complete
Ape Escape - PS1 complete
Guy was asking $4 - I CIF $2 on these

Mario Kart 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Lady wanted $2 each on these. I tried to CIF $2 for both and the lady was like "C'mon $2 each for these games, that's better than a good deal" I paid the $4

PC controller (new but box was kind of shabby)
Lady had this marked at $5 - I CIF $2

Super Monkey Island - Sega CD disc only (MINT)
marked a $1 paid $1

SMB 2
SMB 3
Lady had about 20 NES games all of which I had, some in multiples. She wanted $1 each on the games. I offered up a $1 for both pointing out the SMB2 label was shot to hell. She bit.

Tak PS2
I purchased this with a brand new 50ft heavy duty extension cord. She wanted $5 for both items. I CIF $3 which she took. so technically the game was $1.50

I think this was my monkey day!

Games:

Legacy of the Wizard
Wizardry: KOD
The Guardian Legend
Clash at Demonhead
Paid: 1.00

Guides:
Breath of Fire III
Tales of Destiny II
Wild Arms
Wild Arms 2
Star Ocean: Second Story
Paid: 5.00

Ok, so it was a weird day. Stopped by a pair of garage sales on my way to work, and found one selling quite a few old NES games. Basically had my pick of the lot, and picked out four that I've wanted for my collection/to play for quite a while. The lady wanted a quarter a piece, and I had no issues not haggling that price down.

On the way home, I decided to drop by Half Price Books to pick up some new reading material on the cheap. Perused the game guide aisle, and walked away with a Forgotten Realms series (5 books), and the 5 guides listed above for 21.00 after tax (The guides were a dollar a piece except for TOD2, that one was 6).

The picture of the FF7 guide was from a garage sale I found a little while ago. Figured I might as well put a picture up of the horribly rain-stained, coffee soaked?? cover :lol:

[quote name='marten']
The Guardian Legend
Clash at Demonhead
[/QUOTE]

These are 2 of the best games ever IMO for the NES - enjoy!

[quote name='snotknocker']These are 2 of the best games ever IMO for the NES - enjoy![/quote]

Clash at Demonhead is the bomb, if you like it try and find Conquest of the Crystal Palace. It's very similar, I like it a little better in fact.

[quote name='MHRX']The only problem is, the unit powers on, but it is really hard to see the screen, I can only see the game if I look at it from an angle. Is that fixable? [/quote]

Not really, if you change the brightness all it really does is change the angle.

I got an Arby's Pac-Man glass circa 1980 for a buck.

I got these from a church sale:

SNES (complete in box w/ both controllers and Super Mario World)
Super Scope (complete in box w/gun and game)
Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES, cart only)
Aero the Acrobat 2 (SNES, cart only)
Contra III the Alien Wars (SNES, cart only)

Total: $30

Lady wanted $40 but wouldn't go any lower than $30. A little more than I wanted to pay, but I needed another SNES and the price is still pretty reasonable considering it's complete and boxed. ^_^

Didn't really go saling yesterday, but walked over to a sale two houses down and got my best score to date:

2 Model 2 Genesis with A/V hookup and power supply
2 1st party Genesis controllers
2 third party genesis controllers

10 NES games:

Tiger Heli
Top Players Tennis
Play Action Football
King's Knight
Legacy of the Wizard
Astyanax
Tecmo World Wrestling
The Terminator
Lunar Pool
Win Lose or Draw

Total: $6

The games are pretty crappy, but it's my first haul of games ever, and I wanted a Genesis, so I'm happy.

1 Mario Kart 64 (N64, complete)
1 Banjo Kazooie (N64, complete)
1 Wave Race 64 (N64, complete)
1 Pilot Wings 64 (N64, complete)
1 Cruisin' USA (N64, complete)
1 Turok 1 (N64, complete)
1 Turok 2 (N64, complete)
1 NBA Hangtime (N64, complete)
1 Killer Instinct Gold (N64, complete)
1 Mission: Impossible (N64, complete)
1 F1 World Grand prix (N64, complete)
1 Wayne Gretzky's 3D hockey (N64, complete)
1 Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (N64, complete)
1 Duke Nukem 64 (N64, cart+box)
1 Doom 64 (N64, cart+box)
1 Quake (N64, cart+box)
1 Super Mario 64 (N64, cart only)
Paid: $10

1 Zelda: Ocarina of Time Collector's Edition (N64, cart + box)
1 Hogan's Alley (NES, cart only)
Paid: $1

[URL="http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=16gg11ua.jpg"][/URL]
1 Game Gear
1 unofficial power adapter
1 unofficial carrying case
1 Sonic: Triple Trouble (GG, cart + case)
1 Lion King (GG, cart only)
1 Cool Spot (GG, cart only)
1 The Simpsons: Bartman Meets Radioactiveman (GG, cart only)
1 The Adventures of Batman and Robin (GG, cart only)
Paid: $2

[URL="http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=16gg23hs.jpg"][/URL]
1 Game Gear
1 Castle of Illusion (GG, cart + case)
1 Fantasy Zone (GG, cart + case)
1 Sonic (GG, cart + case)
Paid: $2

[URL="http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=16snes8hh.jpg"][/URL]
1 Madden NFL '97 (SNES, cart only)
1 NHL '94 (SNES, cart only)
Paid: 50 cents

[URL="http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=16snesnes9zi.jpg"][/URL]
1 Super Star Wars (SNES, cart only)
1 Urban Champion (NES, cart only)
Paid: 50 cents

Beautiful day. We ended up hitting about 37 sales - lots of unadvertised ones too which was fun.

First sale we hit was around 730am. He had advertised N64 and Playstation games. He wanted 5 bucks each for the N64 games. We didn't even ask about the PSX games - all he had was an enormous stack of burned games. :roll: We picked 5 games and CIF'd $5 for 5. He took forever to decide. We kept changing the deal slightly, but in the end he wouldn't let them go for less than $2-3 each. We said we'd come back later in the day.

Did the rest of our saling, came back to his house (fortunately a few streets away from home), and saw that he had not sold one game. This time, the wife was there, and when we restated our $1-per-game offer, he started to think about it again. His wife said, "What are you gonna do with all those?" Then she turns to us and says "Take them all!" She was very insistent about it! We checked how many games there were (17) and offered $10 for all. She said "Sure!" So, we ended up getting an even better deal than we were originally offering!

The Game Gear finds gave us a few chuckles. We've only seen them ridiculously expensive, and only own one from back in the day. Then we end up finding and buying 2 in one day! The first one we found, they were asking $10, we countered with $2, and the woman said "Ok!" without hesitation. The second one was at a neighborhood sale. The wife had marked it $15, we countered with $1, the husband came back with $2. As we were leaving, he jokingly said, "You better get outta here. I don't know if she wanted to sell it that cheap!" That's definitely part of our strategy at any sale. Buy and "run".

Finally, Ocarina of Time was found at an unadvertised sale. Evilmax almost forgot to ask if they had video games, but realized that the one time he didn't ask, there would be something. Sure enough, they had Ocarina and the NES game left (they had gotten rid of their games a long time ago). This just underscores the tip to always inquire about games at every sale.

One woman was charging $5 a cart for NES, N64, and Game Gear games (nothing spectacular, tossed haphazardly on a blanket, cart only). Tried to CIF $1 for Dig Dug 2 (NES) and Mario Party 3 (N64), but the lowest she would go was $5 for both. We told her that was way too much, and she flipped out, saying, "I ain't gonna go from $5 each to a dollah! I might as well donate them to the church!" We said, "Ok, we'll put them back," and she comes back with, "Then put them back! A dollar, I don't think so!" She was sort of saying this to other salers, like WE were crazy. Ah well.

Everyone got some great finds this weekend!! I was so excited to see all the posts, and great deals to boot! Summer is just around the corner - prime time for saling! Keep it up, guys!

Well, I can't get either of the 2 Genesises working. :( I am pretty sure it's b/c the power supplies are actually not Sega power adapters. One is from AT&T and probably went to some phone equipment. I didn't notice that when I picked up the Genesis.

The other one is a universal adpater, which I did notice, but what I didn't notice is that the plug part of it (the part that goes into the Genesis) is actually too small to fit. Crap.

Can anyone tell me what the voltage, type, and amperage is supposed to be for a model 2 Genesis (MK-1631)? I had very little luck googling for it. Thanks.

[quote name='Backlash']Well, I can't get either of the 2 Genesises working. :( I am pretty sure it's b/c the power supplies are actually not Sega power adapters. One is from AT&T and probably went to some phone equipment. I didn't notice that when I picked up the Genesis.

The other one is a universal adpater, which I did notice, but what I didn't notice is that the plug part of it (the part that goes into the Genesis) is actually too small to fit. Crap.

Can anyone tell me what the voltage, type, and amperage is supposed to be for a model 2 Genesis (MK-1631)? I had very little luck googling for it. Thanks.[/quote]
http://vidgame.net/SEGA/GEN2.html

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Input: 120V AV 60Hz 15W
Output: 10V DC 0.85A[/FONT]

I wouldn't worry too much. Both of the Gen's will probably be fine once you get the right adapter for it. :)
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]​

[quote name='moiety']http://vidgame.net/SEGA/GEN2.html

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Input: 120V AV 60Hz 15W
Output: 10V DC 0.85A[/FONT]

I wouldn't worry too much. Both of the Gen's will probably be fine once you get the right adapter for it. :)
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]​
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for link. I saw that page, but since they got the specs wrong for the Genesis 1 (for which I do have an actual Sega power adapter, though the Genesis itself is messed up), I didn't really trust the Genesis 2 specs.

I'm just not having any luck getting a Genesis. Number bought (for $2 each by coincidence): 3. Number that work: 0. The Genesis 1 has some sound problem, and the other 2 have missing adapters. Someday... :)

[quote name='moiety'] This time, the wife was there, and when we restated our $1-per-game offer, he started to think about it again. His wife said, "What are you gonna do with all those?" Then she turns to us and says "Take them all!" She was very insistent about it! We checked how many games there were (17) and offered $10 for all. She said "Sure!" So, we ended up getting an even better deal than we were originally offering![/quote]

Haha! Take THAT, greedy husband. He should have let you get them for a dollar each. I love it.

I didn't get much this weekend since I started a new job and missed the friday sales. There was also a lot of rain saturday morning.

Mario Bro. 2 loose $1
Beyond Atlantis pc game $0.50
Ren & Stimpy soundtrack $0.50
Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition (gen) $1
dreamcast controller $1
Star Trek 2 The Wrath of Khan soundtrack $0.50

Not a great deal, but something nonetheless...

Headed out the door at 7AM Saturday morning with no real plan... just gonna drive around and look for some local yard sales (mistake #1). After driving around for 15 mins. and not finding a single one (probably cause it was too damn early!), we decided to just head over to the swap meet.

Got to the swap meet and started looking around. Saw a guy off to the side rifling through 3 boxes worth of old gaming stuff. Didn't know if he was a lost vendor or some guy who had just bought the stuff, so I asked and sure enough, he had just bought it and was going through it more thoroughly now. Didn't ask how much he paid, but he definitely got some nice stuff (genesis complete in box, NES complete in box, and 2 egg crates full of NES, SNES, and genesis game, all cart only). (mistake #2- getting there too late!)

After realizing I got there too late and probably missed anything that wasn't a PS2 sports game for $20, the wife and I just walked around to see what was there. Eventually I came across a guy selling off some of his PS1 & PS2 collection for $10 each. Looked through and found a few games, all of which I had, but figured I might be able to resell some. So I grabbed 4 games and offered $25, which he bit on (mistake #3- Should have offered lower).

In the end, I ended up with Brave Fencer Musashi, The Misadventures of Tron Bonne, Silent Hill, and Alundra 2.

Also, stopped at a pawn shop on the way home and ended up with Final Fantasy Tactics (GH) for $3.77.

All games were complete and like new.

I guess thrift store finds go in here.
After the lucky GameCube find on Saturday, yesterday I decided to go check out a local thrift store with a friend that's been a game collector for much longer than I have. We get there, and head right for where the games usually are. Lo and behold, a bunch of Genesis games. We divvy up the good stuff amongst ourselves. I come away with a bunch of games I wanted, like Battletoads, Sonic Spinball, and Vectorman, all cart only for $1.65 a pop. I also manage to get a Genesis Game Genie, complete in box, with all the instructions and codes, for $4.
We also got to experience crappiness incarnate. One of the games my friend picked (cause it was there on a whim) was THQ's masterpiece The Great Waldo Search, a game made up of a series of poorly animated GIF's and a disturbing lack of gameplay. It was so bad, it was good. Kinda like Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing.
But the best part was after picking out games, we check out the electronics section, where there's never games stuff. Good thing I was walking in front of him, because lo and behold, guess what I see first...
mastersystem2.red.jpg

A Sega Master System 2!
No controllers, but all the necessary hookups, in box, with manual, for $8.
And even better, I bought a Genesis recently, but the RF adapter that came with it was broken. But the Genesis controllers work on the Master System and the Master System RF adapter works on the Genesis!

I don't know what I've done to deserve it, but this has been the luckiest weekend in a long time for me.

[quote name='Hoffgod']I
mastersystem2.red.jpg

A Sega Master System 2![/quote]

Congrats! Damn nice find, I never find anything except Sega Genesis' around here. On a side note, I love your avatar.

I haven't been hitting any sales this year, but the guy across the street was having a sale. He had a lot of snes stuff, but I only wanted a few games. His deal was 20$ for the lot, so I had to jump on it.

It included 2 systems (one he said he didnt know if it worked) 4 controllers a 4 player adapter, 2 game genies, a nice nintendo drawer for the games and about 25 games. Unfortunatly there were no RPGs. The drawer is actually the nicest part about it, plus I can upgrade my barely working snes. He also threw in a couple of dvds.

Are these storage drawers in demand at all?

[quote name='Hoffgod']Good thing I was walking in front of him, because lo and behold, guess what I see first...
mastersystem2.red.jpg

A Sega Master System 2!
[/QUOTE]

Congrats on the awesome find!

I owned a Master system a long long while ago, but this is the first time I've seen the Master system II. Was it just a console redesign?

I picked up a box of stuff from a moving sale. I also hit the thrift stores and flea market over the weekend.

The moving sale lot was $50.

---
Super Nintendo system (w/ one controller and hookups)

Batman Returns (CO)
Batman Forever (CO, x2)
Donkey Kong Country (CO)
Donkey Kong Country 2 (CO)
Mickey Mania (CO)
Mortal Kombat (CO)
Mortal Kombat 3 (CO)
Populous (CO)
Street Fighter II (CO)
Super Star Wars (CO)
The Legend of Zelda : A Link to the Past (CO)
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (CO)
Wheel of Fortune (CO)

Nintendo 64
-
Nintendo 64 system (w/ two controllers and hookups)

Goldeneye 007 (CO)
Mortal Kombat 4 (CO)
Resident Evil 2 (CO)
Star Wars Rogue Squadron (CO)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (grey, CO)
Wave Race 64 (CO)

Dreamcast
-
Dreamcast system (w/ one controller and hookups)
---

I picked this stuff at the thrift shops and flea market. Most of the stuff was $1 or $2.

---
PSX

Legend of Dragoon (GH, missing manual)

N64

Blast Corps. (CO)
Excitebike 64 (CO)
Star Fox 64 (CO)
Star Fox 64 (CO)

NES

Rocket Ranger (CO)
Rolling Thunder (CO)
Rygar (CO)
Strider (CO)
Time Lord (CO)

Genesis

Ghostbusters (CO)
Kid Chameleon 2 (CO)
Krusty's Super Fun House (CO)
Sonic and Knuckles (CO)
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (complete)
The Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare (CO)
Vectorman 2 (CO)

Game Gear

Game Gear system (x2)
---

[quote name='Hoffgod']I guess thrift store finds go in here.
After the lucky GameCube find on Saturday, yesterday I decided to go check out a local thrift store with a friend that's been a game collector for much longer than I have. We get there, and head right for where the games usually are. Lo and behold, a bunch of Genesis games. We divvy up the good stuff amongst ourselves. I come away with a bunch of games I wanted, like Battletoads, Sonic Spinball, and Vectorman, all cart only for $1.65 a pop. I also manage to get a Genesis Game Genie, complete in box, with all the instructions and codes, for $4.
We also got to experience crappiness incarnate. One of the games my friend picked (cause it was there on a whim) was THQ's masterpiece The Great Waldo Search, a game made up of a series of poorly animated GIF's and a disturbing lack of gameplay. It was so bad, it was good. Kinda like Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing.
But the best part was after picking out games, we check out the electronics section, where there's never games stuff. Good thing I was walking in front of him, because lo and behold, guess what I see first...
mastersystem2.red.jpg

A Sega Master System 2!
No controllers, but all the necessary hookups, in box, with manual, for $8.
And even better, I bought a Genesis recently, but the RF adapter that came with it was broken. But the Genesis controllers work on the Master System and the Master System RF adapter works on the Genesis!

I don't know what I've done to deserve it, but this has been the luckiest weekend in a long time for me.[/QUOTE]

Nice find. I have never seen one of these systems in my outings. If I can get one of these and the ever hard to find Gear Master (let's you play SMS games on the Game Gear) I think my Sega System collection would be complete.

[quote name='asianxcore']Congrats on the awesome find!

I owned a Master system a long long while ago, but this is the first time I've seen the Master system II. Was it just a console redesign?[/QUOTE]

The Master System II also had a game built into it besides being a console redesign. Alex Kidd In Miracle World

wow, I had never even heard of a Master System II :shock: that looks awesome!

had a good pawnshop find today on my way home from school:
all cart only
Snes games:
--DKC
--DKC 3
--Kirby's Dreamland 3
--Kirby Superstar 8 in 1

genesis:
--Shining Force 2

NES:
--Rad Racer
--Dragon Warrior
--Shadowgate

total: $15.16

My Tips and Tricks finally came in the mail. Once again big props to EvilMax and Moiety for making the "Collector's Closet" segment in the July 2006 Issue No.137

Here is the scan. (Click on it to view the Full Size Image):

[quote name='FFMooglestar']My Tips and Tricks finally came in the mail. Once again big props to EvilMax and Moiety for making the "Collector's Closet" segment in the July 2006 Issue No.137

Here is the scan. (Click on it to view the Full Size Image):
[/quote]
Thanks for the scan! :)

Would you believe that we still haven't gotten the magazine yet? Still waiting on our free subscription issue!

[quote name='radjago']Oops! Wrong game.[/QUOTE]

My exact thoughts when I saw it
"hey, it's rad racer. raaaaaaad racer!" :lol:

Local Goodwill had a 50% off sale recently, I picked up the following PC games for $1.50 each:
Escape from Monkey Island
Full Throttle
Risk
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine

bread's done
Back