OFFICIAL 2006 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='Segasonic01']This is my 1st post here, mostly cuz it's my 1st time going to Yardasales for games. I found:

FF8 (complete)
Mario All Stars (cart only)
SSB (cart only)

wanted 20 for all, but offered 17 & he took it. I knew it was kinda high, but I never really played FF b4 & wanted to try it.[/quote]

you will definatly enjoy FF8, best one IMO.

Went to a few today and I found the mother load!

Tetris and space invaders for the gameboy -$1

Its going to be hard to top this one :D

I went to 20 sales, and I only got stuff at two of them.

Final Fantasy X strategy guide - I got it for free
Broken PS2 with hookups and controller - I got it for $2 after talking the seller down from $5.

The Final Fantasy guide was found at an estate sale; the seller said that she had games yesterday but they all sold. I think a part of myself dies a little whenever I hear that.

The PS2 came from a sale near where I work. I assume the problem with the system is a disc read error; I will try blowing out the drive with some compressed air and see what happens.

Japanese Manga
Gantz 1-12 (of 19)
Vagabond 1-3, 7-18 (of 22) //2 copies of 10, 13, 16
Y shi no Rinjin 2-6, 9-12, 14, 18
Arigatou 1-4
20th Century Boys 8, 10, 13 (of 22)
MPD-Psycho 3-5
Dragonball 4, 6
D-Ash 1-5 (of 5)
Bakugyaku Kazoku 1-2
Gallery Fake 6-7, 16, 25
Golgo 13 1-2, 41
Doremon 13, 25, another one not numbered
Master Keaton: Red Moon
Burutasan 1
Toujo Jinbutsu Shoukai (?) 2
Dead Man 6
Noise 1 (of 1)
Cannon God Exaxxion 6
Koko Afuru Tanaka 1
Bonbonzaka High School 6
New Grappler Baki 20
Lupin 1
Bokunchi 1 (hardcover)
99 no Jiken [something] (novel)
Jump Comics Deluxe 2
5 volumes of a series I couldn't translate
Other
Akudaikan (PS2, complete, Japanese import)
Portable Go board game
Go Strategy book
Paid: $20
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only hit 1 sale today, but didn't find anything.

I picked these up yesterday through Craigslist. They were left behind by a former tenant at an apartment building, and the super was selling them (along with other random books I wasn't interested in). Asking $30, took $20. The PS2 game and Go were unexpected surprises. Mostly action, but some other random stuff too. There are 89 books.

The only one I couldn't translate was the one with the orange flying guys on the cover (near the center of the picture). There were 5 books for that series, and I just couldn't figure out the title. If anyone knows what it is, please let me know.

What's cool too is almost all of the books still have their price tags (in Yen!). The books are really nice, a lot of them (including Gantz, Vagabond, MPD Psycho, etc) have dust jackets, which just give them a little some extra. I love the Vagabond covers - the writing is metallic and slightly raised.

Anyway, definitely a neat random find. Can't wait to start reading them - there are some interesting series in there...

moiety -- According to my Japanese roomate, the one with the flying doods on the front is called "Yuke Inachuu Takyuubu" and it's about a ping pong team in a high school.

Oh... and congrats slowdive on finding ELEVEN factory sealed copies of FFVII. /jealousy!

[quote name='cranguy']moiety -- According to my Japanese roomate, the one with the flying doods on the front is called "Yuke Inachuu Takyuubu" and it's about a ping pong team in a high school.[/quote]
Thank you!

[quote name='slowdive21']The last great deal I got was 11 copies of final fantasy 7 greatest hits edition factory sealed for $5 each.[/quote]

WOW. If you've still got those then you can sell em for like 200 bucks each.
Where did you find those?

[quote name='Zahiti']WOW. If you've still got those then you can sell em for like 200 bucks each.
Where did you find those?[/quote]

I just realized this is a yard sale thread...I thought it was a general bragging rights thread...BUT here's the story:

I have been selling them on amazon for about $160-175. I have 2 perfect ones and one with a broken case left. I actually got them direct from SONY with my SONY credit card. (they went really fast and I got as many as they had in stock) 500 points each = $5 per copy.

[quote name='snotknocker']
1000952ln4.jpg

Shining force 1
Shining force 2
Ghenkis Kahn 2
Home Alone
NBA Jam
[highlight]TOTAL: $1[/highlight]

[/quote]

Wowie wow wow!!!

Shining Force 1 and 2 for a dollar? Color me jealous!

SSPX0228.jpg

"Sealed" The best of Lucasarts OST $1.50

I got it at a place called Savers, its kind of like goodwill. IIRC GW reseals some stuff, could this be resealed?

[quote name='kipz']"Sealed" The best of Lucasarts OST $1.50[/quote]
I didn't even know this existed. I'll have to track it down and add it to my collection!

[quote name='evilmax17']I didn't even know this existed. I'll have to track it down and add it to my collection![/quote] Yeah, i saw Manny on there and i couldn't pass on it.

findsrofl-1.jpg

Starting from upper left:

Mario Kart - $3
General Chaos - $2
Alex Kidd Enchanted Castle - $2
World of Illusion with Mickey and Donald - $2
Game Gear Games - $3

The ones on the right were from the 3 for $10 Classic Plastic at Gamecrazy:

Mario Party 3
Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Aidyn Chronicles
Resident Evil 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
LOZ Majoras Mask gold
Donkey Kong 64
Kirby Sacred Shards
LOZ Oot Gold
Dragon Quest Monsters Cobi's Adventure.

I had to go to Fredericksburg, VA for business the last two days. I looked at a Goodwill and got this....

tod1et6.jpg

$4

It can us some minor resurfacing, but overall the condition is decent. It is a single case only though. I thought these all cam in double cases but maybe I was wrong.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I had to go to Fredericksburg, VA for business the last two days. I looked at a Goodwill and got this....

tod1et6.jpg

I went to college there.

I went to Mary Washington College, or University of Mary Washington as its called now. I remember there being many pawn shops and goodwills on the main drag.

[quote name='IkilledLassic']I went to Mary Washington College, or University of Mary Washington as its called now. I remember there being many pawn shops and goodwills on the main drag.[/quote]

If I get a chance to go back there I'll check out that area. It's a 4 1/2 hour drive though so it won't be anytime soon.

findslamo.jpg

Regardless of what you got this weekend, I probably win.

Dreamcast system with hookups and 1 extra composite cable
3 Official controllers and one Madcatz one
4 rumble packs
4 memory cards
Fishing controller
Samba de Amigo maracas!!
and 22 games which consist of: (all disc only unfortunally)

Samba de Amigo
Complete copy of Seaman
World Series Baseball 2k2
Space Channel 5
NFL 2k1
Sonic Shuffle
Chu Chu Rocket
NHL 2k2
Crazy Taxi
Looney Tunes Space Race
Silent Scope
Virtua Tennis
Tennis 2k2
102 Dalmations
Sonic Adventure 2 The Trial (??? if you know something about this, let me know)
Ms. Pac Man Maze Madness
Sonic Adventure
Tony Hawk Pro Skater
World Series Baseball 2k1
Test Drive 6
Sega Marine Fishing
Sega Rally Championship 2

For a total of $15

Also got You Don't Know Jack Movies for $1

[quote name='snotknocker']Time to wash that blanket[/QUOTE]

I do wash my blankets and sheets. I reuse them after I wash them, duh.

[quote name='Kuros']
Sonic Adventure 2 The Trial (??? if you know something about this, let me [/quote]
Supposedly this was the edition that was in the kiosks in stores. As well, it's suppused to be moderately rare.

And a damn good price for that I must say.

My apologies, I'm Wrong.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Supposedly this was the edition that was in the kiosks in stores. As well, it's suppused to be moderately rare.

And a damn good price for that I must say.

My apologies, I'm Wrong.[/quote]Ah damn. I picked this up today at a pawn shop. "The Trial" inside of a normal Sonic 2 case. Probably somebody's sleazy Gamestop trade-in tactic. Grr.

At a thriftstore, picked up two wired DDR pads for the playstation, not bad for $3.98! They're shiny on the front and have a green edge, I'm guessing they're third-party since there are no logos anywhere on them.
I remember paying $10 bucks for a Madcatz one a few years ago at gamestop.

WIIIIIIIIII.jpg

Wii!

It's nice because I really only paid $100 out of pocket for this. $50 up front and the rest from resells or trade ins of items I got for super cheap.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Kuros, you got a Wii from a yard sale/thrift shop?[/QUOTE]

Haha, no but I'm excited to get it. :)

It was a deal though.

Hot damn! Went to Goodwill in Danville, VA today and found a sealed....

ddsdyk7.jpg

$14.99

How the hell this ended up there is beyond me because they usually have nothing but old 16-bit sports games.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Hot damn! Went to Goodwill in Danville, VA today and found a sealed....

ddsdyk7.jpg

$14.99

How the hell this ended up there is beyond me because they usually have nothing but old 16-bit sports games.[/QUOTE]

That is an awesome find. If you've never played it, keep it. I really enjoyed that game.

No decent sales this week, so I visited the pawn shops. I'm hoping to find Guitar Hero or Final Fantasy XII, but not yet. I did get a like new copy of Tiger Woods 07 for Xbox for $12.50.

Great find GuilewasNK! You never know what you can find at a Goodwill/thrift store. I always stop when I see one, someday I to will find a treasure like that! Some day...

I just got Star Ocean 2nd story (complete), FF Anthology (gh/complete), FF Tactics (GH/complete), and FF 9 (non gh/missing instructions) with the strategy guide for $30. The dude was 30 minutes late so he gave me Final Fantasy for the NES too. Then he told me he had one more in the car and he brought out FF Chronicles (non GH/complete) and sold it to me for $5.

[quote name='moiety']
Japanese Manga
Gantz 1-12 (of 19)
Vagabond 1-3, 7-18 (of 22) //2 copies of 10, 13, 16
Y shi no Rinjin 2-6, 9-12, 14, 18
Arigatou 1-4
20th Century Boys 8, 10, 13 (of 22)
MPD-Psycho 3-5
Dragonball 4, 6
D-Ash 1-5 (of 5)
Bakugyaku Kazoku 1-2
Gallery Fake 6-7, 16, 25
Golgo 13 1-2, 41
Doremon 13, 25, another one not numbered
Master Keaton: Red Moon
Burutasan 1
Toujo Jinbutsu Shoukai (?) 2
Dead Man 6
Noise 1 (of 1)
Cannon God Exaxxion 6
Koko Afuru Tanaka 1
Bonbonzaka High School 6
New Grappler Baki 20
Lupin 1
Bokunchi 1 (hardcover)
99 no Jiken [something] (novel)
Jump Comics Deluxe 2
5 volumes of a series I couldn't translate
Other
Akudaikan (PS2, complete, Japanese import)
Portable Go board game
Go Strategy book
Paid: $20
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only hit 1 sale today, but didn't find anything.

I picked these up yesterday through Craigslist. They were left behind by a former tenant at an apartment building, and the super was selling them (along with other random books I wasn't interested in). Asking $30, took $20. The PS2 game and Go were unexpected surprises. Mostly action, but some other random stuff too. There are 89 books.

The only one I couldn't translate was the one with the orange flying guys on the cover (near the center of the picture). There were 5 books for that series, and I just couldn't figure out the title. If anyone knows what it is, please let me know.

What's cool too is almost all of the books still have their price tags (in Yen!). The books are really nice, a lot of them (including Gantz, Vagabond, MPD Psycho, etc) have dust jackets, which just give them a little some extra. I love the Vagabond covers - the writing is metallic and slightly raised.

Anyway, definitely a neat random find. Can't wait to start reading them - there are some interesting series in there...[/quote]

OMG OMG OMG!!

Bump worthy! I didn't even see this earlier.

Hit up the junk shop today and the guyhad no new video game stuff. I was about to leave empty-handed when I spotted a few familiar looking dvd sets. What I found:

Boondocks, complete first season (near mint)
Aqua Teen Hunger Force, volume 3 (box is beat-up)
Aqua Teen Hunger Force, volume 4 (great condition)
Cowboy Bebop, Session 1

Cost? Ten FREAKING dollars! :D He wanted $13, but haggled him to $10.

I left happy.

Went to Salvation Army today, and noticed two PC games in the glass case, still in their original boxes with all of the CDs and manuals:
Call of Duty 2
Battlefield 2

There was no price tag on them, and when I asked the cashier about them, I got a pretty good response:
"$3.50 each"

Needless to say, I bought both games. One of the better finds at Salvation Army I've had in quite a while.

Went to the local thrift store, lets just say I probably won't be getting deals there, $10 for an Atari 2600 controller, $100 for a PSX, $30 for Star Wars Dark Forces, I almost did pick up a TV for $12 but decided I didn't need it.

Probably a dumb question, but...

Those graphic novels are in Japanese, right? Can you read Japanese or something? Or does it have English text as well? Awesome find though.

[quote name='FFBlitzace']Probably a dumb question, but...

Those graphic novels are in Japanese, right? Can you read Japanese or something? Or does it have English text as well? Awesome find though.[/quote]
All Japanese. I can read hiragana and katakana, as well as some kanji (I'm in the process of learning). What was cool too was the cardboard boxes they were in were labeled with the kanji for 'book' in big sharpie.

[quote name='moiety']All Japanese. I can read hiragana and katakana, as well as some kanji (I'm in the process of learning). What was cool too was the cardboard boxes they were in were labeled with the kanji for 'book' in big sharpie.[/quote]

Where did you learn it at? School? Home?

bread's done
Back