OFFICIAL 2006 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='Kuros']My work. Walked into the back to find them hanging on a hook (we keep a lot of accessories in the back due to lack of floor space).

I knew what they were right away and snatched them up.

One of them was gooey, but I cleaned it up with Goo Gone.[/quote]

cool. good score!

[quote name='Kuros']My work. Walked into the back to find them hanging on a hook (we keep a lot of accessories in the back due to lack of floor space).

I knew what they were right away and snatched them up.

One of them was gooey, but I cleaned it up with Goo Gone.[/QUOTE]

can anyone tell me why these cables are so sought after? low production?

[quote name='JackSuper']can anyone tell me why these cables are so sought after? low production?[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I've seen them at a lot of stores here in Japan, sometimes on clearance.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Ditto. I've seen them at a lot of stores here in Japan, sometimes on clearance.[/QUOTE]

They are pretty hard to find for so cheap in the US. I think it was due to the fact that they only sold them on the Nintendo site for US customers. Not sure though.

Yea. I did manage to find my component cables locally, since I found an electronics store that used to be a Nintendo repair center. I got the last one for a little under $40 after taxes. A little more than what I would have like to have paid, but that was going to be the only time I'd ever seem them locally.

I did a little yard saling today, only hitting a few sales. It's pretty much the end of the season here in Indiana. I only managed two items from sales on the way to a rummage sale, which managed to be a bust.

The second sale:
$1 APC ups. was told batter needs replacing.

The last sale before the rummage sale:
$2 Vectrex
Only the unit and a see through thing that goes on top of the screen. The ladies at the sale didn't think they had any other games. It does seem to have one game built into it, some kind of asteroids clone. I powered it up there and it appeared to work.

Yea, it is nice. The bad thing is that I'm having trouble deciding where to put it. I think this is the first time I've ever seen one in person. Now if I could just find a Neo Geo.

[quote name='erehwon']Yea. I did manage to find my component cables locally, since I found an electronics store that used to be a Nintendo repair center. I got the last one for a little under $40 after taxes. A little more than what I would have like to have paid, but that was going to be the only time I'd ever seem them locally.

I did a little yard saling today, only hitting a few sales. It's pretty much the end of the season here in Indiana. I only managed two items from sales on the way to a rummage sale, which managed to be a bust.

The second sale:
$1 APC ups. was told batter needs replacing.

The last sale before the rummage sale:
$2 Vectrex
Only the unit and a see through thing that goes on top of the screen. The ladies at the sale didn't think they had any other games. It does seem to have one game built into it, some kind of asteroids clone. I powered it up there and it appeared to work.
[/QUOTE]

I actually picked one of these up earlier this year for I think it was $3. Below the screen there is a panel that is removeable thats where your controller is. Mine was kinda stuck when I got and I was like where the fuck does the controller go. I actually had to pry it out cause it was forced into place. I do not have any games to play on mine, but all games have an overlay that goes on the screen and these units tend to get screen burn after extenxive playtime from what I've heard. I'm not sure of the exact amount but recall these units costing a pretty penny back in the day.

WEnt to a bunch of sales today, picked up a mint copy of Starfox 64 missing box but came with manual for 5 bucks.
Got about 5 "I just sold all my games 5 minutes ago, Sorry." Guess the early bird gets the worm, but who's been stealing the games in Pensacola, FL?

1 NES (no hookups)
1 NES controller
1 Tetris (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Punch-Out!! (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 RC Pro-Am (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Contra (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Spy Hunter (NES, cart + sleeve + manual)
1 Gunsmoke (NES, cart + sleeve)
Assorted manuals
Paid: $2

1 N64 (all hookups *not shown*, RAM expansion pak)
2 N64 controllers
1 Diddy Kong Racing
Paid: $2

1 NES Powerpad
1 NES gray Zapper
1 World Class Trackmeet (NES, cart+sleeve)
Paid: 75 cents

1 Blip: The Digital Game (1977)
Paid: 25 cents

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

23 sales today. Not too bad given how late it is in the season, but you can tell that everything is winding down. We've been getting pretty tired and are looking forward to a break from the early-Saturday grind. Of course, by the time January hits, we'd kill just to hit one sale.

No real interesting stories. I saw the NES+games at around 10AM, next to a pile of Dreamcast stuff. The lady at the sale was talking to her kid (I presume), and he was telling her about how somebody just sold an old Atari for $700 :roll: . This put my hopes kind of low for getting any of the game stuff, but I offered $2 for everything CIF. I was kind of surprised when the lady instantly took it, saying "we had found it in the attic and said we would take anything for it". Shucks, should've offered a dollar.

Moiety was happy to get a Powerpad, it's our first and only since we've started sailing. She used to have one as a kid, but it got thrown away years ago. We bought that stuff off of a family whose daughter was now in her mid-20s. Of course, all of the Nintendo stuff they used to have was hers. It just kind of struck me of how awesome it was that the NES was enjoyed by people of all ages and genders, and that many women fondly look back at their NES filled childhood. It makes me realize how different gaming is now than it was back then, and I yearn for those days.

I think we're starting to see the heyday of the N64 at yardsales. We're getting one every week almost, and we see more than we end up buying. I guess that's about right though, it's 10 years after N64 was released, prime time to unload them at sales. I just think of what will happen 20 years from now, when we'll be seeing nothing but Wii/PS3/360 stuff at sales. Kind of depressing really.

Diddy Kong racing rules! Whenever I give anybody something I imitate the genie from the game and say "THIS IS FOR YOU" I tried to stop doing but could'nt

It's been pretty dead by me as far as gaming related items for the last 2 weeks. But I did manage a few so so deals.

I picked up a Meade telescope last week for $10 which is pretty cool considering the retail on this thing is over $200 and it's like new

Today I picked up a couple of nightmare before christmas collectible banks for .50 each.

A NES w/ one controller + power supply but no RF for $1. The lady marked it at $3 but I CIF $1 noting the missing RF.

Also picked up Little Mermaid Platinum edition new and Final Destination 3 new for $15 . The lady wanted $10 each but I CIF $15 for the pair. She had some other decent new titles but I was working on a low budget so I passed.

Four pairs of boys size 13 Timberlands for $10. 3 pairs are new and the fourth very lightly used. The guy that had these wanted $4 a pair. He told me that his kid grew out of them before he even wore them - thus the 3 new pairs. He was reluctant to take my $10 CIF offer but eventually did. I figure to turn these on Ebay for at least a $30 profit.

Last but not least I scored an old Six Million Dollar Man doll for .75. It's in remarkably good shape but missing all his clothes except for his shirt .

I think next week will be the last hurrah in my neck of the woods

weak:

PS Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete (missing manual and extras/collectibles/box), $7

Halo action figures, $1

PS Rage Racer (complete)
PS Tomb Raider (complete)
PS Spice World (missing manual), all for $3

CD Deadsy - Commencement, promo, $1

10 sheets of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas wrapping paper/posters (??), $1

today's total: $13

my pal and i spent about an hour chasing a couple yard sales that we never found. most others we saw had only junk, and no games. on to the swap meet, where i purchased the above. unfortunately, we got to the first one too early, and people were still unpacking as we browsed. once we'd walked the whole thing, we didn't want to go back to the beginning, so i'm sure we missed out on some good stuff.

i was at first happy to pick up Lunar, since i've owned this several times on the Sega CD, and played thru it at least twice. it's a great game. i didn't mind that the box and extra goodies were missing, since all four discs were present and accounted for, and in very good condition. i was, however, disappointed when i realised that the manual was missing. that kinda bugged me, considering i spent 7 bucks on the dang thing. i think it's headin' to eBay or, at the very least, my trade list. the seller originally wanted 10, but there was no way that was gonna happen. i offered 5, she countered with 8, and i finally said 7, to which she agreed.

nothing else was very notable except for the GTA thing. i unfolded one of them, and i suppose you could say it's a poster, but they're kinda big, and the pattern on them repeats so much, i'm really convinced that they're wrapping paper! which is kinda cool. even if they're not, someone is getting a Christmas present wrapped in this stuff. that's just neat.

i'm headin' out again tomorrow. i didn't get enough stuff today. ;)

Stuff for today:

findsesd.jpg

All 7 Chronicles of Narnia Books - $1
Diablo and Myst strat guides - $1
Mario 64 and Conker - $3
Castlevania SOTN, RE Survivor and Castlevania Chronicles - $10
Naruto Demo Disk - Free
Kirby, Big Brain, Paper Mario, 2 Gundam Wing box sets and Black Sheep - $30

Not pictured because I used them for trade bait:
Looney Tunes Back in Action (ps2) - $1
Vex - $1
Pokemon Silver - Free
Motocross Mania 3 and PS2 Memory Card - $5

I drove around for a while and didn't hit up many garage sales, but got to a few. Got shut down at a couple but got the books and the stuff that wasn't pictured at garage sales. I added in a couple of things that I got for free for trade bait and got roughly $50 in credit after the 40% extra at my work. Put 5 down on a reserve and put the rest on my Wii reserve.

The N64 games were from the swap meet. From a guy who I've purchased off of before.

Early in the day at work, this guy brought in the PS1 games to trade in, we don't take them in anymore so I offered $10 for them and he bit.

The rest of the items were from the B2G1 sale at GS. Combining that with some other discounts, I got those 6 items for $30.

Excellent day. :D

Good work Kuros on the Castlevanias, I have never seen Castlevania Chronicles for less than gamestop's price.

I picked up at a thriftstore:
Enternal Darkness Sanities Requiem Brady Games Guide $0.49
Zelda Oracle of Seasons Brady Guide $0.99
Pokemon Yellow Prima's Guide $0.99
All used but in pretty good condition except for the spine on the zelda guide. :)

Also picked up dreamcast NFL 2K1 for $0.29 disc was in a dreamcast Rainbowsix case and Ghosts and Goblins for the NES for $4.98.

I overpaid, but I guess I should have looked into Ghosts and Goblins beforehand.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Good work Kuros on the Castlevanias, I have never seen Castlevania Chronicles for less than gamestop's price.

I picked up at a thriftstore:
Enternal Darkness Sanities Requiem Brady Games Guide $0.49
Zelda Oracle of Seasons Brady Guide $0.99
Pokemon Yellow Prima's Guide $0.99
All used but in pretty good condition except for the spine on the zelda guide. :)

Also picked up dreamcast NFL 2K1 for $0.29 disc was in a dreamcast Rainbowsix case and Ghosts and Goblins for the NES for $4.98.

I overpaid, but I guess I should have looked into Ghosts and Goblins beforehand.[/QUOTE]

If you are into challenging games then you'll definatley get your $4.98 out of this game. It is probably one of the hardest games across all platforms to beat.

The GTA wrapping paper was a promo for Gamestop either last x-mas or the x-mas the year before that. When the game first came out, we would give it away during the holiday season so they can wrap the game in a themed wrapping papaer of said game.

Deadsy is fuckin' awesome! Get their whole cd, it's really good. Especially "Key to Gramercy Park" Jonathan Davis on back vocals is fucking amazing.

[quote name='GodOfTheMind1369']The GTA wrapping paper was a promo for Gamestop either last x-mas or the x-mas the year before that. When the game first came out, we would give it away during the holiday season so they can wrap the game in a themed wrapping papaer of said game.

Deadsy is fuckin' awesome! Get their whole cd, it's really good. Especially "Key to Gramercy Park" Jonathan Davis on back vocals is fucking amazing.[/quote]

hah! i knew it! that's a cool little promo, then.

by the way, it is the whole CD, the full album. i've heard it before, but only just now own it. Gramercy Park is my favorite track, and much different from the rest of the album, which takes a little more effort to "get into". my fave part is the synth playing. takes me back. ;)

[quote name='Gara']
He charged me 200.00 for the whole lot. Alot of money but I do feel I got my moneys worth. I tested all the systems but the nomad and they all work fine. The guy had an awesome game room and honestly I would not be surprised if he was a CAG. I should have asked! I now need to find room for it all...

With any luck I figure the ps2 and the copy of nights should get most of my money back. I was surprised nights was even worth a decent amount.[/quote]

Nah, a CAG would have thrown that stuff up on Ebay and made a hell of a lot more money on it.

[quote name='Rictor']Nah, a CAG would have thrown that stuff up on Ebay and made a hell of a lot more money on it.[/QUOTE]

indeed

[quote name='Rictor']Nah, a CAG would have thrown that stuff up on Ebay and made a hell of a lot more money on it.[/quote]

The funny thing is that he mentioned being an ebayer while I was looking around his game room. He had a massive collection of Alien items. Giant displays, framed posters, display cabinets displaying props, etc. He didn't strike me as a poor man but he needed money for something. I figured it was best not to question it.

This was another semi dry week for video games. Just found a few cheap controllers. I'll post a picture when I get home. I did manage to get a free weed whacker though! Driving around all day with the damn thing in the car was not fun though. I really need a truck for yard sailing...

1000932cb4.jpg

telescope i picked up last week

1000931li7.jpg

stuff from yesterday and today

I hit up a couple of sales today. first off I went back to the sale with the DVD's from yesterday and was surprised to see they had another copy of the Little Mermaid. I asked the lady if she had more and she told me she had 2 left, she gave me the same 2 for 15 deal she gave me yesterday. These will probably go for christmas gifts.

Random sale items

Spy Game SE DVD - $1
Homer santa ornament - .25
Space Invaders Handheld - .50

Flea Market find
SNES cart only

street fighter alpha 2
DKC 1
DKC 2
Tecmo Superbowl
Turtles 4
Jungle book
Star fox
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Mega Man X

This guy had a bunch of games Genesis, N64 and SNES maybe 40 total. He would'nt go lower then $1 each. I have all of these except SF Alpha and Star Fox, but for $1 each I just had to get em. Very happy about the SFA2 find it's been a big want for a long time.

[quote name='snotknocker']He would'nt go lower then $1 each. [/QUOTE]

God, I wish the people around my flea market would sell at $1 each. Everyone wants 4-8 bucks per game. It really pisses me off.

[quote name='Kuros']God, I wish the people around my flea market would sell at $1 each. Everyone wants 4-8 bucks per game. It really pisses me off.[/QUOTE]

That really is the going rate by the regular vendors at most fleas I go to. It's usually people that are basically having their "yard sale" at a flea market sort of speak that I get the better deals from. Honestly though most deals are not found they're made. This guy started off at $3 a game. By the time the deal was done I think the guy was kinda happy that I took a chance on buying and him getting $10 for games that were "fairly common" "possibly not working" and "kinda dirty" with "contacts looking really rough"

today's stuff:

Sega CD Chuck Rock (incorrect case insert)
GC Mario Party 6 manual
PS Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete book/manual
Dreamcast VMU (missing cap), all for $3

Prima Geist Strategy Guide
Prima Quake 4 Strategy Guide
BradyGames Shining Force Neo Strategy Guide (x2)
BradyGames Romancing Saga Strategy Guide, all for $4

Linksys Wireless B Game Adapter (needs power supply), 50 cents

today's total: $7.50

not bad. i was glad to get the Geist guide, and the wireless adapter is cool. once i get a power supply, i'll hook it up to my xbox. the Lunar book find was really weird, since i just bought the game from somewhere else yesterday! if i can just find the box and map, i'll have a complete copy! now that'd be strange.

[quote name='snotknocker']That really is the going rate by the regular vendors at most fleas I go to. It's usually people that are basically having their "yard sale" at a flea market sort of speak that I get the better deals from. Honestly though most deals are not found they're made. This guy started off at $3 a game. By the time the deal was done I think the guy was kinda happy that I took a chance on buying and him getting $10 for games that were "fairly common" "possibly not working" and "kinda dirty" with "contacts looking really rough"[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I've tried those tactics on these people. All I get is "No, I don't sell cheaper. $5 per game."

[quote name='pitfallharry219']This may be a little off-topic, but how do you guys keep track of all your games and wanted lists? I've tried using the IGN collection lists, but I've found they suck to say the least. I've thought about going really simple and just saving the lists as a Word document, but I'd like to have a sortable database or something like that. Any comments?[/quote]
Sorry if this answer has been posted already as I'm trying to catch up on the posts!

Check out www.collectorz.com. I have yet to try the free trial but it looks really cool. Not sure on how far back in videogaming they go but it does look VERY useful and complete. I've been using excel w/my palm for my collection. The palm makes it easy for me when I'm looking through games at a GS big time! Sometimes you can loose track of the 100's of games you have!!!

I was gone for 10 days on a vacation on St. Pete Beach Fl. with my wife and daughter (we drove there and back!!) so I've been out of the GS loop for a few weeks:cry:. I was unable to hit ANY GS's down there as the wife looked at me like "Are you fucking serious!!!" Didn't want to press my luck!

To top things off, we were home for 3 days and then lost power for 6 days up here due to the big snow storm:cold:. So after work, cleaning up all the downed trees in the yard and getting over staying @ my parents for the time, I'm finally ready to hit whatever sales are still left in the area before the snow hits...again! Looks like I have some reading to do to catch up...definatly good reading as some of you got some good finds!

This weeks meager find.

NES Power Pad
NES Flight stick of some sort
Mystery controllers!

Oddly enough this was my first power pad as well. She took 1.00 for the lot and said she would call when she finds the rest of the NES stuff. Anyone know what those two controllers are? They both take 4 batterys each so I am guessing some kind of wireless setup I don't have a hub for.

Pretty weak this week for games though I did find a lot of stuff for the house.

Found

All Complete PS1
Crash Bash
Family Feud
A Bug's Life
Frogger
Rayman 2
Tomb Raider III
Tetris Plus

6$ total

DVDs
Rambo III
Rambo II
Collateral Damage
Minority Report
Hard to Kill
3 others I cant remember

2$ total

And the rare time I see some newer stuff at a Yard Sale I got a pretty good deal

All Complete

Kingdom Hearts II with Guide
Valkyrie Profile PSP
Metroid Zero Mission New Sealed
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga (non-PC) with Guide
Nintendogs - Dachsund Edition
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow NEW SEALED

75$ Total

I got a Japanese N64 with 2 controllers (1 yellow) with tremor packs, power and rf cables, Mario 64, King of Baseball, Sim City 2000 and Diddy Kong Racing with DKR strategy guide. All games are in boxes with plastic trays and manuals. The Japanese lady wanted $20, I offered $10. With much hesitation, she settled on $12.
Also at this sale were several boxes of Japanese VHS tapes and magazines/books. I wish I knew what to look for as far as anime (or is this stuff called manga?) to put on Ebay.

[quote name='Gara']This weeks meager find.

NES Power Pad
NES Flight stick of some sort
Mystery controllers!

Oddly enough this was my first power pad as well. She took 1.00 for the lot and said she would call when she finds the rest of the NES stuff. Anyone know what those two controllers are? They both take 4 batterys each so I am guessing some kind of wireless setup I don't have a hub for.[/QUOTE]

Those are Double Play controllers by Akklaim. I have a pair and do not like them much. Nice item to have for collecting purposes but not to use.

[quote name='snotknocker']Those are Double Play controllers by Akklaim. I have a pair and do not like them much. Nice item to have for collecting purposes but not to use.[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know. No big lose I guess. Into the box of broken dreams they go until I one day find the rest of the unit. That one lady ever get her no good grandkids to get the games down from the attict? It's time to end the season with one mega score don't you think?

Does anyone have any tips on removing cigarette smell from a console? I just got a used SNES mini (I got it off of ebay before I found this thread so I didn't get a great deal on it) and it is pretty clean but it reaks of cigarette smoke. Any ideas how I can get rid of some of the smell?

[quote name='erin22']Does anyone have any tips on removing cigarette smell from a console? I just got a used SNES mini (I got it off of ebay before I found this thread so I didn't get a great deal on it) and it is pretty clean but it reaks of cigarette smoke. Any ideas how I can get rid of some of the smell?[/QUOTE]

I've had to deal with that problem before. Windex or 409 cleaner helps alot. I'd also recommend leaving out in the open, in a spot that gets a lot of ventilation. I would also recommend opening the console and blowing it out with some canned air. These really helped with a really smokey saturn that I found.

[quote name='erin22']Does anyone have any tips on removing cigarette smell from a console? I just got a used SNES mini (I got it off of ebay before I found this thread so I didn't get a great deal on it) and it is pretty clean but it reaks of cigarette smoke. Any ideas how I can get rid of some of the smell?[/quote]

first and foremost: clean it, thoroughly with 409 or similar (be sure to spray on to a clean cloth, rather than the console itself). once it's as clean as you can get it, put it in a plastic bag with a couple dryer sheets and tie the whole thing off. leave it sit for at least 2-3 full days, then take it back out and give it a sniff. this usually works wonders for cigarette-smelling things.

I know it may sound strange, but I've found that the orange oil (or whatever it is) in Goo Gone often leaves a good smell to things too. Put a bit of Goo Gone on a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and you've got a winning combo. :} Just wipe off any excess with a paper towel.

1000933yx7.jpg

Little flea market find today

2 Atari 2600 supercharger games both complete but boxes are rough. The guy was only asking .50 each

Communist Mutants from Space
Phaser Patrol

[quote name='allyourblood']first and foremost: clean it, thoroughly with 409 or similar (be sure to spray on to a clean cloth, rather than the console itself). once it's as clean as you can get it, put it in a plastic bag with a couple dryer sheets and tie the whole thing off. leave it sit for at least 2-3 full days, then take it back out and give it a sniff. this usually works wonders for cigarette-smelling things.[/quote]

Wow, I need to try that this weekend. I have a whole box of Sega CD, Genesis, and 32x that smells like smoke, and the systems, that need to be freshened up.

fe1cc1.jpg

Well I got my package today and while I was skeptical about this auction everything turned out fine except for slow shipping. All the battery's saved fine on the cart games.

here's the breakdown

PS1
FFVII - NON GH complete light scratches on disc 1, 2 & 3 are perfect
D&D - Iron and blood complete mint

SNES
Breath of Fire
Breath of Fire 2
Yoshi's Island
Final Fantasy II
Ogre Battle Curse of the Black Queen - (torn label)
Sim City
MK 3

N64
Zelda Ocaraina of time
Zelda Majora's mask
Sub Zero
madden 2000

NES
Zelda 2

I initially thought this deal too good to be true for $33 shipped. I'm glad I was wrong.

I haven't been yardsaling in a couple months due to school and work wearing me out so much that I'd rather sleep in on Saturday, but I did score a little something today at a pawn shop.

I got:
SNES Mega Man X2
SNES Final Fantasy II

I actually had to pay $5 a pop and they wouldn't go any lower, but I'm still pretty happy nonetheless.

I didn't have much luck today. The season's practically over here. I went to around 10 sales. The only thing I picked up from a yard sale was a Nintendo brand av cable for $1. I also hit up a Goodwill and picked up the book The Scions of Shannara by Terry Brooks for $2.

Well it's storming by me and quite windy. I was'nt planning on going out but I just got a e-mail from some guy the next town over with a N64, Dreamcast and Saturn complete and a handful of Saturn games including Panzer Dragoon but I'm not sure if it's saga. I did'nt want to make a deal out of it. He's asking $15 for everything. I'm on my way and I'll be back in an hour or so and let you guys know how I made out.

I did a little better today. I picked up a bunch of books for $3. 4 hardbacks for $0.50 each and 4 paperbacks for $0.25 each.

Destiny by Elizabeth Haydon
The Fire Rose by Mercedes Lackey
Days of Air and Darkness by Katharine Kerr
The Red Wyvern by Katharine Ker
Days of Blood and Fire by Katharine Ker
A Time of Omens by Katharine Ker
Guardians of the Lost by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
Well of Darkness by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman

They also had one or two games but some other lady got them. The house where I found the Vectrex was having another sale and this time I left my number incase she finds any games for it.

1000934ae9.jpg

1000936yn5.jpg

1000935kb9.jpg

1000937lm5.jpg

Well I picked up the systems plus more. It was kinda spooky. I got to this near empty house and there was a very sickly young asian man, Im guessing AIDS or cancer. He had the systems and told me he found more games would like to get $20. I looked it over quick and offered him $15 which he accepted. I then asked about CD's DVD' and he got a box of cd's from the back about 50 in cases and another 20 or 30 without, there were also some pc games in the mix. I immediately offered him another $5 for the box which he easily accepted. I then asked if he's got anything and he points to the stereo equipment in his entertainment center and then says he's got 2 more pieces downstairs and I can have everything for $50 (this is including the systems and games and cd's). I counter with I'll give you $40 and again he easily accepts. This was a nice score for $40 on a day I thought would be a bust

Systems complete

N64
Saturn
Dreamcast

About 30 games total mostly sports with a mint copy of Panzer Dragoon

7th Guest stradegy guide

About 60-70 music cd's, mostly classic rock some ozzy, patti smith, 311, a nice mix.and some pc games

Outlaw PC game new complete

Stereo equipment

Akai AA R41 stereo receiver
Yamaha RX 496 stereo receiver
Denon DCM 260 5 disc CD player
Technics SL 1300 Auto drive turntable
Awai F770 Cassette player. This baby has all the bells and whistles and I have a massive cassette collection from back in the day that I'll get some use out of now

Damn! Nice finds, snot.
Fewer and fewer yardsales each week it seems. Everything was really spread out today. Anyways onto the swag!

This weekends tiny finds!
Sega genesis with 2 controllers and 4 player hub. Missing AC adapter
Sonic 2
Sonic Spinball
Desert Strike
Wheel of fortune :roll:
Fifa international soccer
+ 8 meg ps2 memory card
$10.00

NBA live 96
NFL Gameday
$.25

Disc only versions of
Ps2 DBZ Budokai
Ps2 War of the Monsters (the heck is this?)
Ps1 Revolution
Dvd of rocky 1
$2.00

Grand Turismo
$.50

Today was a day of filthy video game items. First sale I went to was near my house and this lady had a box with a dirt caked ps1 and controllers so filthy I almost risked asking her if I could take a picture. Price? 20.00. Near the end of my route I ran into another ps1 sitting in the sun and also with a layer of dirt on it. Guy told me it was a great system and wanted 15.00 firm.

One thing about the old cart games that is so great is that they survive the horrid treatment these animals give them. DVDs and CD games are not so lucky it seems. Found alot of overpriced games so scratched up I doubted they would even play.Anyways not much to report about the above items. I over paid for the sega and memory card but I was actually in need of a new card and the guy said he would call me when he digs out his other stuff.

The disc only games and rocky dvd were sitting in a stack of music cds. How dare they treat rocky like that?!

today's stuff:

DVD Minority Report (2 disc), $2
DVD Dead Alive, $2

CD Parasite Eve Original Soundtrack (2 disc), $1
CD Gundam W Operation S Endless Waltz Original Soundtrack, $1
CD Tributo a The Cure - por que no puedo ser tu, $1

Sega CD Jurassic Park complete, $1
XB Shenmue II (2 disc) complete, $2

today's total: $10

not much goin' on today, but the prices were decent for what i bought. i'm almost sure the CD soundtracks are pirated -- but they're pretty well produced, and for a buck each, whatever. the spanish Cure tribute CD is kinda cool, too. anyway, that's all today. congrats to everyone for their finds.

bread's done
Back