OFFICIAL 2006 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='Gara']Well if it was was a Japanese original it would be region 2 and only in Japanese with no subtitles. Bootlegs are of decent quality these days to fool consumers and more shaddy retailers even go one step furtherer by putting high prices on them. After all for that price it has to be real right?

Anyways as long as you are happy with them it's all good though. Now armed with a suspicious nature you can point out bootlegs in the future and demand a better deal![/QUOTE]

Well, if they are bootlegs, they are the best I've ever seen.

[quote name='allyourblood']found today:

DVD Arlington Road WS, $1
XB360 Call of Duty 2, complete (some scratches on disc), $12
GEN Mutant League Football, complete, $2
Nintendo DS Switch N' Carry case, $1

total: $16

not much to say today. lots of stuff for sale, but not many video games. Call of Duty was originally being sold for 20 bucks, but i looked at the disc and complained to the seller that there were circular scratches on the disc (nothing horrible, but enought to bitch about). after first trying to offer 10, i went up to 12 and she agreed. what's funny is that i just traded this game away for Dead Rising not too far back, and now i have CoD2 in my possession again. Mutant League Football was a nice find -- i've wanted a nice, clean and complete copy for a while, and at 2 bucks, i couldn't pass it up.[/quote]

I have that DS case! It's kept my DS safe for almost a year now.

Earliest this week I did find my most valuable game at a collectibles store in town. I got Super Mario Bros Sealed for 20$.. Ebay tells me it is worth ~200, will almost pay for my Wii

Not much this weekend at yard sales

2 Gameboys (Medium amount of Scratches)
Hal Wrestling
Tetris
Alleyway
RC Pro AM
Boomer's World
4 other Misc Games

7$

Old Pacman Plush that Says "Score with me" on the shirt

.50 cents

Diddy Kong Figurine
Mario Kart Figurine

.50 cents

Toy Story 2 DC
Web Browser 2.0 DC Sealed

1$

Mickey Mouse Club Talking Plush (1976) Mint

Free

Best in Show DVD
Stargate DVD Sealed
The Pledge DVD Sealed

$2.50

Two Ink Cartridges to Trade in at Staples

10 cents

Two Movado Women's Watches (Either the best fakes I have ever seen or they are real)
1$

[quote name='smaaug']Earliest this week I did find my most valuable game at a collectibles store in town. I got Super Mario Bros Sealed for 20$.. Ebay tells me it is worth ~200, will almost pay for my Wii

Not much this weekend at yard sales

2 Gameboys (Medium amount of Scratches)
Hal Wrestling
Tetris
Alleyway
RC Pro AM
Boomer's World
4 other Misc Games

7$

Old Pacman Plush that Says "Score with me" on the shirt

.50 cents

Diddy Kong Figurine
Mario Kart Figurine

.50 cents

Toy Story 2 DC
Web Browser 2.0 DC Sealed

1$

Mickey Mouse Club Talking Plush (1976) Mint

Free

Best in Show DVD
Stargate DVD Sealed
The Pledge DVD Sealed

$2.50

Two Ink Cartridges to Trade in at Staples

10 cents

Two Movado Women's Watches (Either the best fakes I have ever seen or they are real)
1$[/quote]

You will get $3.00 a cart at Staples, which is a great find!

32X (complete), Genesis system, 12 games, game genie, NES Advantage controller: $10

Gunstar Heroes: $1

Saturday:

I called about a listing in the paper about a 32x for $10 and 13 Sega games for $13. He also had a Turbografix listed but it was sold when I called. He agreed to give me the 32x and a couple games for $10 over the phone. I went across town to pick it up (a little further out than I wanted to go, but I needed a 32X because my other one was broken). As I was deciding on which games to get with it he tells me I can have them all for $10. He had a big box of stuff near him, and told me I could have the box with the stuff in there too. He was just trying to get rid of it. He said he didn't think the genesis worked (it does). I got home and tested everything and it all works except for a hockey game (not pictured). Now I can finally play my Knuckles Chaotix game. :razz:

Sunday:
I went to a YS just down the road and got Gunstar Heroes for $1.

So I got my two favorite genesis games (Gunstar Heroes and Sonic 2) in back to back days as well as a much wanted 32X. Super sweet weekend.

[quote name='toldawg128']32X (complete), Genesis system, 12 games, game genie, NES Advantage controller: $10

Gunstar Heroes: $1

Saturday:

I called about a listing in the paper about a 32x for $10 and 13 Sega games for $13. He also had a Turbografix listed but it was sold when I called. He agreed to give me the 32x and a couple games for $10 over the phone. I went across town to pick it up (a little further out than I wanted to go, but I needed a 32X because my other one was broken). As I was deciding on which games to get with it he tells me I can have them all for $10. He had a big box of stuff near him, and told me I could have the box with the stuff in there too. He was just trying to get rid of it. He said he didn't think the genesis worked (it does). I got home and tested everything and it all works except for a hockey game (not pictured). Now I can finally play my Knuckles Chaotix game. :razz:

Sunday:
I went to a YS just down the road and got Gunstar Heroes for $1.

So I got my two favorite genesis games (Gunstar Heroes and Sonic 2) in back to back days as well as a much wanted 32X. Super sweet weekend.[/QUOTE]
Nice finds. I've been really wanting to find a 32X since I have just about every other Sega system. That, and I've been wanting to play Knuckles Chaotix which I found at a garage sale for $2.

[quote name='smaaug']I got Super Mario Bros Sealed for 20$.. Ebay tells me it is worth ~200, will almost pay for my Wii[/QUOTE]

honestly I do not think you would get more then $40

[quote name='snotknocker']honestly I do not think you would get more then $40[/quote]

i don't know, SK... looking at completed auctions on Ebay: two copies sold in Buy It Now auctions for $187.50 plus s/h. another closed at $216.38!

Can anyone tell me the name of the of the ps1 game on top? I just won this lot on ebay and could make out all the games but this one from the pic

fe1cc1.jpg

[quote name='snotknocker']Can anyone tell me the name of the of the ps1 game on top? I just won this lot on ebay and could make out all the games but this one from the pic[/quote]

yep. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Iron & Blood -- Warriors of Ravenloft.

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']Wow, FFVII has been going for plenty more on its own, how did you pull that one off?[/QUOTE]

The seller must not have realized how much all that was worth and did a poor job of listing it. What was the title of this auction?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Not too long ago, I sold a GH FFVII for $60 shipped, so 33 for all that is a hell of a deal.[/QUOTE]

I know. It was quite a weird auction. The guy just had the picture with a description saying he found theses while cleaning his house or something. None of his 100% feedback was videogame related but something about the auction seemed a little cheesy. I really only had an interest in the Yoshi's Island, Majora's Mask and BOF2. I e-mailed him for a status on the FF7 and he told me a few light scratches on disc 1 with 2 & 3 in excellent condition. That alone prompted me to put a $40.50 maximum bid figuring I'll try and turn that (I already have 2 nice copies of FF7) and the other games to get my money back and I'll have the 3 games I wanted to add to my collection for free minus my time, and free is soooo much better then cheap. I was surprised that I won with a $26 bid (+ $7 SH). If it all pans I'll make a few bucks. something about this auction though still is sitting a little uneasy with me but we'll see what happens. I'll let you guys know how I made out when I get the package

Ugh.

Our major online newspaper source for sales didn't post anything this week (and I sincerely doubt that they went from 100+ sales last week to 0 this week). I just called the company, and they said I was the second person to complain today. Yet, nobody is currently there that can rectify the problem.

Grrrr.

Actually, we emailed that very listing minutes after it was posted. I'm glad you posted that - It never had the line about Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger: EVEN AFTER he changed the listing to say *gone*. It never listed the games. So it's just some jerk messing around. We were bummed that we "missed out", but now it's obvious that it was just a joke.

I hope that you're right moiety, and that you're not telling yourself that it's a joke to make yourself feel better. I'd be pretty bummed out too if I missed something like that.

[quote name='NaturalHatTrick']I hope that you're right moiety, and that you're not telling yourself that it's a joke to make yourself feel better. I'd be pretty bummed out too if I missed something like that.[/quote]
Hope I'm right too. But we've missed lots of stuff on CL. I think it's safe to say we're immune from the pain (well, almost immune ;) ).

But here's the thing. Why would he add the list of games after he had already edited the post to say they were gone. The post only said "I have a lot of super nintendo snes games that are just taking up space, so if you want them they're yours for free!" Then we emailed the guy, waited, then he changed the title to say "gone". Case closed. But apparently he edited it AGAIN to add some sought-after franchises to his "list"? Kinda shady. Why would you do that if you were done with your listing? Most people just delete it and that's it. ::shrug::

Anyway, if it was real, oh well, what can ya do? But I wouldn't be surprised if it was fake. We've run across a lot of people just looking to jerk others around. :bomb:

Hi everybody. Sorry for my hiatus, but my computer was on the fritz.

I just want to ask, is there a route planner somewhere on the web that will allow me to put in a number of addresses and plan the shortest route for me? Thank you.

[quote name='doctordoom1974']Hi everybody. Sorry for my hiatus, but my computer was on the fritz.

I just want to ask, is there a route planner somewhere on the web that will allow me to put in a number of addresses and plan the shortest route for me? Thank you.[/quote]
Not that I ever found. I used to manually move them around to try and get a route. Microsoft streets and trips has an optimize trip option that I use these days. The 2005 and older editions are rather cheap and more then make up for it in the time it saves me.

Woo I started off this weeks sales right. On friday I came across this sale and came away with by far the best find of the year for me.

175 english translated mangas and some toys.
$60.00

It was a nice middle aged women who was apparently just clearing out her collection. It was a massive amount of girly manga so I felt kind of odd buying it all but she turned out to be really fun. The best part is that it looked like she had at least another 100 she wasn't quite ready to part with and said she would call me when she was ready. She insisted I take the figures as well and simply told me she loved them all but just could not store them. Now I need to buy another bookshelf...

rained out today, in San Diego. i couldn't be happier! that means no sales, but i'll gladly cozy up by the fire for a day in exchange. here's wishing everyone else better luck today!

1 Sega Genesis Model 1 box
1 Sonic the Hedgehog (GEN, box only)
1 Sonic 2 (GG, box only)
Paid: FREE

1 Atari 2600 (w/ hookups and paddles)
1 Pitfall (2600, cart+manual)
1 Combat (2600, cart+manual)
1 Pac-Man (2600, cart+manual)
1 Space Jockey (2600, cart+manual)
Misc. 2600 manuals
Paid: $1

1 N64 (all hookups)
2 1st party controllers
1 3rd party memory card
1 Goldeneye (N64, cart only)
Paid: $1

1 10-Yard Fight (cart only)
1 Ring King (cart+sleeve)
1 Wayne Gretsky Hockey (cart+sleeve)
1 Rescue: The Embassy Mission (cart+sleeve)
10 Pokemon figurines
Paid: $1.25

1 Lord of the Rings animated VHS
Paid: 50 cents
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
33 sales, and boy was it chilly this morning!

Day of long driveways! By this I mean almost every sale we went to was at a house with one of those lonnnng driveways, and of course everything is concentrated up at the garage. At least we got some exercise!

Saw our competition again this morning, the flea market vendor we bought the TG16 games off of. We definitely see him every week now.

Nothing much for stories. Everything was reasonably priced, so bargaining was nearly effortless. Wonder if it's the time of year? The season is ending, and people are just looking to unload stuff quickly.

[quote name='"moiety on 8/5/06"']
Gave our number out to several people. One sale in particular, the woman said she had been trying to get her son to sell his videogames. And right there in the garage, packed up on a shelving unit and partially covered: boxed Game Boy, boxed Game Gear, boxed N64, several boxed games, and she said that they also had a bunch of Nintendo and Super Nintendo stuff. The whole corner was covered by a sheet so we only saw some of the stuff poking out. She took our number and gave us her son's number (apparently he's away for the weekend), but she said to go ahead and call him whenever we wanted. We left a message around noontime. We're expecting him to be asking eBay prices for what he has, so hopes are low. But at least it's a chance.
[/quote]
I've been keeping an eye on the sales, and wouldn't you know, she held another sale. I hoped that all those games were still there, even just to see them again, but when we approached the garage, it had been CLEANED OUT. That whole corner - once full of boxed everything - was bare. The shelving unit was still there, but it had other stuff on it. It was so weird (and disappointing) to see. Her son of course never called us, and he probably came and took them all to wherever he lives. On top of the shelf was the Genesis box, which we just took down and could tell right away it was void of a system. We asked her if we could have it, and she found it odd that we just wanted the box, but said sure.

An average day. Only a few more weeks left for us... Good luck all!

I freakin need some help with my navigation for garage sales. What do you guys do? It's kinda hard for me because I don't have someone with me while I drive. It's a bitch.

Unless allyourblood wants to team up with me since I live nearby. :)

The yard sale season is slowly ending in my area. Friday's finds were all from a church rumage sale. Saturday, I found some more model rocket stuff at a house. The next house I missed out on some games and cds.

Friday - Total Spent $9

Genesis model 3 with several controllers and a genesis arcade stick $5
Tiny Toons game $1
ShaqFu $1
Cool Spot $1
2600 wireless controllers $1

Passed on a boxed Atari 2600 and several boxed 2600 games since I already have that system.

Saturday - Total Spent $2.25

Three stage model rocket $1
Launch stand $1
PS game storage box $0.25

You can also see the gamecube I bought last week in the picks. I have that menacer where it is since I'm running out of room.

Today was our subdivision's neighborhood garage sale day. Started the day off at 7:00 and it was still dark out and only 1 sale was set up. Basically ended up doing the shark thing and circling several streets til the sun came up some and more sales were getting going. I was the first person to several of the sales (kinda hard not to be when you catch them as/before they get set up...lol).

I was hoping the first sale I found with any game stuff wasn't a sign for the day. They had 2 N64s and 1 Playstation (grey one) and wanted $20.00 EACH for the dang things. The PS1 games were $3 each (nothing worth owning either). The rest of the day wasn't that bad (thank God).

I ended up finding one sale with an SNES and 20 games for $20. That was more than I would usually pay. But, they also had 3 short plaster pillars for $3 each that my wife wanted. I got everything for $20. The boys picked out 5 or so of the SNES games to keep and I was able to upgrade 2 of our carts (better condition lables) as well. The rest are probably gonna be used for trade-in material.

The only other game related stuff I found (well purchased) was 3 PS2 games for $1 each at a sale where we picked up some boxed 1 foot x 1 foot ceramic floor tiles (about 116 tiles in all) for $10. The games were K-1 World Grand Prix (kickboxing), F1 Championship Season 2000 and Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven. Also trade-in material.

The rest of our haul today included:
Dangerous Beauty DVD $.50 (for trade-in)
Jackass Vol 2 DVD $.50 (for trade-in)
5' tall metal spiral plant stand $5
Cold Heat soldiering tool $1 (retails for $20)
Baby bouncer with vibration/sound $2 (for the new one on the way)

Pretty good week for guides. At Goodwill, I scored Tekken 5 and MGS3: Subsistence guides for $2.50 apiece. Looked like a Target clearance, as they had a ton of others (GTA: LCS and some other PS2 titles...I might hafta go back)

Hit a garage sale yesterday before class...was advertised for 9, but I had class at 9, so I went early to check. There'd been some anime and game stuff, but apparently someone had gotten most of it. I did score the Versus Perfect Dark guide for $1 and got the Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and DDS promo buttons for free. I want more Versus guides. I can tell this one is very thorough and well-done, as opposed to the Brady guides, which I tend to get primarily for the art (and only then if the price is right)

Three guides, six bucks, not bad. This is the latest in the year I've ever seen garage sales, so who knows? Maybe I'll grab something yet.

Stuff for today:

findsejf.jpg

Gameboy Printer + paper $5
Spectre $1
Advance Wars DS $7
360 headset and Joust $5
GB pirate 64 in 1 cart $Free

can't take any pics today, 'cause the wife took the camera with her on a trip. i got the following:

DVD Scrubs, Season 1, new & sealed, $6
PS2 Rygar, complete, $4

my lil' bro bought:

PS2 Megaman X7, missing manual, $3
Nintendo E-Card Reader, $1

total (for me): $10.
that was it. i skipped out on yard sales today, and went to the swap meet instead. afterward, i hit a few thrift stores, but didn't find much of interest. too bad i didn't find more goodies. it was a beautiful overcast day, and tons of sellers were out. i guess i was being too picky.

good finds, Kuros!

Well in terms of yardsales last weekend was another slow one for me besides the manga. Not sure how yardsale worthy this is considering the price most of us pay for gaming items but I found this guy on craigslist in apparent need of some quick cash.

1 Big light up ps2 sign. Store display of some sort.

1 N64 with 2 controllers and hookups in odd travel case.
The world is not enough 007
Golden eye 007
Starwars episode I Racer
Mario Kart 64

1 Sega Saturn with 2 controllers, 1 joystick and hookups.
Brand new copy of Nights with controller. Oddly enough the inside of it even smells new.
Bootleg sampler
Sega Screams volume 1 Disc Only
NFL Quarterback club 96 Disc Only
Virtua Cop Bundle Disc
Daytona USA Bundle Disc
Virtual Fighter 2 Bundle Disc
Alien Trilogy
Wing Arms
Sonic 3d Blast
Tomb Raider
Battle Arena Toshinden URA
Mortal Kombat 3
Fighting Vipers
Soviet Strike
Manx Super Bike
Shell Shock
Scorcher
The Lost World
Criticom
D
Sky Target
Street Fighter Alpha
Rise 2 Resurrection
Machine Head

1 Dreamcast with 2 controllers, 2 vmus, 1 mouse and all hookups.
Sonic Adventure
Chronicles of Pern Dragon Riders

1 PS2 with 1 controller and all hookups in original box.
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Ps1 games:
Skeleton Warriors
Rayman
Descent
Defcon 5
Jupiter Strike
Cart Worldseries
Dave Mira Freestyle BMX Maximum Remix
Pong The Next Level
Need for speed 2 hot pursuit

1 SNES Top loader with 2 controllers and all hookups.
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World
The Legend of Zelda
Road Riot
Mortal Kombat 2
Super NES Super Scope 6
NBA Jam Tornament Edition
Paper Boy 2
Donkey Kong Country 2
Spider Man
X-Zone
NHL 95
Buster Busts Loose
The combatribes
Timon & Pumbaa's Jungle Games

1 NES with 2 controllers, joystick and all hookups.
Cybernoid
Megaman 2
Solomen's Key
Heroes of the lane
Super mario bros 2
Legacy of the wizard
Rollergames
Xenophobe
Castlevania II Simon's Quest
Arkanoid
Metroid
F-15 Strike Eagle
Contra
Gauntlet I
Kung Fu
Joust
Skate or die
Faxanadu
Life Force
Spy Hunter
Super Mario Bros . World Class track meet . Duck Hunt
The Last Starfighter
T&C Surf Designs
Jack Nicklaus
Bad Street Brawler
Super Mario Bros.
The legend of Zelda
Zelda the adventure of Link

1 black gamecube with 1 controller but missing AC adapter. in orignal box.
Anyone with a spare AC adapter they want to sell? Hah

1 Sega Nomad with no cables or battery pack.
Greendog
Taz Mania
Madden 94
Sonic The Hedgehog
Chuck Rock
Decap Attack
Galaxy Force II
Fatal Fury 2
Ecco
Pitfall
NHL 96
Atomic Runner
NHL Hockey

He charged me 200.00 for the whole lot. Alot of money but I do feel I got my moneys worth. I tested all the systems but the nomad and they all work fine. The guy had an awesome game room and honestly I would not be surprised if he was a CAG. I should have asked! I now need to find room for it all...

With any luck I figure the ps2 and the copy of nights should get most of my money back. I was surprised nights was even worth a decent amount.

WOW - The Stargate collection, the anime lot and now this, not to mention the NEO GEO arcade cabinet (how did you make out with that by the way?) in one weeks time is just amazing! You really have some uncanny luck. keep up the good work.

[quote name='snotknocker']WOW - The Stargate collection, the anime lot and now this, not to mention the NEO GEO arcade cabinet (how did you make out with that by the way?) in one weeks time is just amazing! You really have some uncanny luck. keep up the good work.[/quote]
Stargate was actually the week before lasts find (the 8th I think). My lucky isn't quite on par with yours yet but I'm working on my rap! I'm trying to get at least one decent find a week to satisfy the itch. Sadly the neogeo appears to have fallen through. I talked to the guy once and he never got back to me and didn't answer any followup calls or emails. At this point I am guessing he sold it.

I'm actually running out of room to store my stuff! This next weekends find better be a couple of bookshelves or I am in trouble. I do have a new found respect for craigslist sellers though. I listed the ps2 on there for sale along with my number and people started calling me at 5 in the morning to ask questions about the condition of the unit even though I explained it in the listing.

Scored the following Genesis games for $2 each at my Goodwill:

- Toe Jam and Earl w/ case (no manual)
- Pirates *Complete*
- Ranger X *Complete*

[quote name='neudog']Scored the following Genesis games for $2 each at my Goodwill:

- Toe Jam and Earl w/ case (no manual)
- Pirates *Complete*
- Ranger X *Complete*[/QUOTE]

Nice finds. I ca'nt speak for TJ&E or Pirates but Ranger X is a great game IMO. In my top 10 Genny games

[quote name='Kuros']Sweet find today:

2 sets of Gamecube Component cables, $9.70 after discounts.

They are up for sale or trade.[/quote]
man, you can't beat that. may i inquire as to where they came from?

[quote name='allyourblood']man, you can't beat that. may i inquire as to where they came from?[/QUOTE]

My work. Walked into the back to find them hanging on a hook (we keep a lot of accessories in the back due to lack of floor space).

I knew what they were right away and snatched them up.

One of them was gooey, but I cleaned it up with Goo Gone.

bread's done
Back