OFFICIAL 2006 Yard Sale Thread

An enviable score, moiety. Despite my decent YS finds lately, I haven't scored a decent RPG since last August.

There's a sale close to campus that starts this morning, so I think I'll go before class if I have time. God bless people who think Friday morning is a good time to have a yard sale.

Hit the three thrift stores.. found a book worth around $200.. very pleased to say the least. Paid 40 cents for it. Got lots of other books, and a ton of CDs.. still no god damn games!!!! Aghhh!

[quote name='EvilN8']Hit the three thrift stores.. found a book worth around $200.. very pleased to say the least. Paid 40 cents for it. Got lots of other books, and a ton of CDs.. still no god damn games!!!! Aghhh![/QUOTE]

What book?

[quote name='EvilN8']http://product.half.ebay.com/Suicide-and-Attempted-Suicide_W0QQprZ1030291QQtgZinfo

That book.. Geo Stone's SUICIDE & ATTEMPTED SUICIDE. I looked into it, and apparently it's pretty much a cookbook for making things to kill yourself, and goes farther into the whole process than anything else.. It's out of print.[/quote]
What's your technique on stuff like this? Did you already know about the book's worth before you bought it, or did you just buy a bunch of books and look them up later?

Are there any other big-name books to keep an eye out for?

[quote name='evilmax17']What's your technique on stuff like this? Did you already know about the book's worth before you bought it, or did you just buy a bunch of books and look them up later?

Are there any other big-name books to keep an eye out for?[/quote]

I sell used media on Half.com and eBay for a living, so I have a lot of general knowledge about what to look for. I mainly specialize in out of print nonfiction books, out of print movies, out of print music, and out of print games... but I will buy just about anything if I can sell it for more than I pay for it. I have a Verizon PDA phone with Broadband internet, and I can lookup anything I want in advance, games and other items included.

There are so many valueable books though that I can't really give you the magic bullet for what to buy, but here is a good thread on "books that look like nothing but are worth good money"

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?threadID=96296&start=0

If you want to start selling books though, you're going to need a lot of space! Books don't sell fast unless you just dump them into an auction, but you also won't get the top dollar. Here is what my inventory looks like..

inventory.jpg

The bookcases are all inventory. All the things up top are eBay items, things on the shelves are on Half.com and Amazon, except for the top right shelf which has a couple of Laserdiscs and books that are going onto eBay that I didn't have space for up top. The black shelf being blocked by the two guitars on the right is my CD, VHS, and DVD inventory. This does not even accout for any of the other eBay inventory I have non-media related filling two rooms in my house, including my packaging material inventory and photography set up.

Thanks for the post! Very informative. I think my dreamjob would be to YS/Flea for a living. Maybe someday.

Heh, space is something that we definately don't have right now:

evilmax, that is ridiculous :) I really like that wall of NES's you have going on there. They all look so shiny. Magic Eraser, I presume?

Hah, I just picked up some magic erasers last night to prep for this yard sale season but I'm not finding any god damn consoles! You could practically build something with NES consoles...

I went to atleast half a dozen association sales today. The first two were a bust, with me only finding the braveheart soundtrack for $0.75. I went to my association's sale and found some NES games complete with instructions and boxes, except for metroid. I picked up Metroid and the others and then came back for paperboy this afternoon. I asked this other lady if she had any other games. She gave me that PSX since she didn't want to clean it.

After lunch, I spent the afternoon in these three additions that are tied together. I didn't find to much. It had been picked over that morning. I got those saturn games for a quarter since the ladies were closing up that sale. The transformers and Jaws soundtracks look in pretty good condition. The sword of the vermillion game was with a genesis, version 3. I didn't get that since I don't need any more of that system. Those gameboy cases were only 10 cents. Those are good for storing Playstation memory cards. I inquired a lady about that hub and she said take it. There was a server by it, but it looked like it was a pentium 1. The pc games were for a dollar.

[quote name='moiety']The NES boxes are in great shape! How much did you pay for them? And the PSX was free? :applause:[/QUOTE]
I paid $5 for Metroid, TMNT III, Bubble, and that Bugs Bunny game (it was an r4)
I went back after going around to bunch of other association sales and it looked liked no one had touched the rest of them. I picked up paperboy for $2. I felt those prices were pretty good considering the condition of the cases. The psx was indeed free. It is pretty dirty. It will need a serious wipe down.

[quote name='EvilN8']I sell used media on Half.com and eBay for a living, so I have a lot of general knowledge about what to look for. I mainly specialize in out of print nonfiction books, out of print movies, out of print music, and out of print games... but I will buy just about anything if I can sell it for more than I pay for it. I have a Verizon PDA phone with Broadband internet, and I can lookup anything I want in advance, games and other items included.

There are so many valueable books though that I can't really give you the magic bullet for what to buy, but here is a good thread on "books that look like nothing but are worth good money"
[/QUOTE]

Just curious, what does "for a living" mean?

About how much do you pull down?

I've been doing the same sort of stuff (part-time) but only bring in about $1000 a month (after all costs).

Many times when I'm certain that a book is going to be a hit, it is a dud and vice versa. A few months ago, I wrote down the ISBN for this book at Goodwill:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0030322332/ref=sdp_amz_zs/103-9153505-1234238?n=283155

I had to drive back pronto to pick it up (for less than a dollar) . . . I sold it at the time for $80. Now there are plenty of sub-$30 copies. It was just at the start of the sememester . . . late January.

Also, how much do you pay for your PDA service?

Heh, my finds pale in comparison to neudog's.

Savers:
Nintendo 64 Console (With power brick, A/V hookups, and Jumper Pack) - 6.99
Dreamcast Console (I am going to get it tomorrow, if they still have it; Manufactured April 2000, the only DC I have is a December 2000) - 6.99

Goodwill:
2 N64 Controllers: $2 each
(Keep in mind, the prices for the following games are AFTER the 50% discount)
Star Fox 64 - $2
Pilotwings 64 - $2
Wave Race 64 - $2
Silent Service (NES) - $2
Lost Treasures of Infocom (PC) - $2 ($1 for the CD, $1 for the box and manuals, they were at seperate Goodwill stores)
Sid Meier's Civilization (PC) - $4 (I'm assuming that it still has all of the manuals. Amazingly, it's still mostly factory-sealed, with only a small tear on the plastic seal where the original store's pricetag used to be)
Sonic CD (Sega CD) - $2

Salvation Army (This was just over a month ago, but it's still worth mentioning):
Snatcher (Sega CD) - $6

GameRush (I realize that it is not a thrift store, but I still got some good prices on N64 stuff):
WWF Wrestlemania 2000 - .99 (The store also had a few copies of No Mercy for the same price, but at the time, I didn't know which was the newer game)
N64 Memory Card - .49

I have yet to find the N64 RAM Expansion Pack though.

[quote name='Cao Cao']
Sid Meier's Civilization (PC) - $4 (I'm assuming that it still has all of the manuals. Amazingly, it's still mostly factory-sealed, with only a small tear on the plastic seal where the original store's pricetag used to be)[/quote]
Wow. My favorite PC game of all time! Great find.

We're heading out shortly. Good luck all!

Just got back with my first haul of the season--

Snes-- slightly yellowed bottom, but almost perfectly clean! (missing AC)
Snes games:
--Mario World x2 w/instructions
--Street fighter 2
--Super Ghouls n Ghosts
--Mega Man X
--Firepower 2000
--Faceball 2000
--Populous
--NHL 94
--Genghis Khan 2: Clan of the Gray Wolf
--Super Smash TV
--Nobunaga's Ambition
--Baseball Simulator 1000 w/ instructions

N64 Games:
--Forsaken 64
--Turok: Rage Wars
--Turok 2
--F-Zero X
--Star Wars Ep 1 Racer

Nes Games:
--Top Gun
--Hogan's Alley
--Mega Man 2

Genesis games:
--NHLPA Hockey 93
--Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe
--General Chaos!

Atari Lynx System-- totally mint and works! No ac, unfortunately.
Lynx games:
--California Games
--Chip's Challenge
--Gauntlet
--Robosquash
All w/ instructions

Grand total: $18!

not quite the Saturn I was hoping for, but excellent nonetheless.

Also, I saw my first Ebay freak-- I'm at this sale and I see the guy drive up wayyyy too fast, jump out of his car, run up to the sale, grab a tiger handheld game from the free bin and then stop for a second. he must've been about 275 lbs, looked very greasy and was breathing heavily/loudly. the lady running the sale said "Hey guys, how's it going?" and the dude snaps back in the snottiest voice imaginable "I'd be nice if I could find stuff for Eeeebayyyyy!" then snorts and runs back to his car. :rofl:

[quote name='Apossum']

Also, I saw my first Ebay freak-- I'm at this sale and I see the guy drive up wayyyy too fast, jump out of his car, run up to the sale, grab a tiger handheld game from the free bin and then stop for a second. he must've been about 275 lbs, looked very greasy and was breathing heavily/loudly. the lady running the sale said "Hey guys, how's it going?" and the dude snaps back in the snottiest voice imaginable "I'd be nice if I could find stuff for Eeeebayyyyy!" then snorts and runs back to his car. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

:rofl: You gave me a mental picture of this guy running to and from his car:

cbg.jpg

Pretty much! imagine the comic book dude, but raised on a farm in wisconsin :lol:

Well, Moiety and evilmax haven't reported back yet, so I guess it's safe to assume that they bought 14 Genesis, 5 NES (one with a mint R.O.B.), 7 Game Gears, 29 SNEs (They would have had 30 if that bitch wouldn't have rejected moiety $5 CIF offer!), 47 GBCs, 1 Gamecube, 64 Nintendo 64s, 3 Atari Lynxs, 3 Saturns (one with Panzer Dragoon Saga disc only!), 3 PSones, 5 slim model PStwos, a non working xbox, 9 virtual boys, an intellivision, and a shitload of legos.

All for $18,84.

along with a prototype SNES CD extension and all the NES panesian games sealed. :D

either you two guys are jealous, or, like me, you think that these purchases are a little hard to believe.
i don't doubt that they get good deals, but EVERY SINGLE WEEK????

I think it's all about the time spent looking. Plus, asking if people have VGs for sale helps them.

[quote name='munch']Well, Moiety and evilmax haven't reported back yet, so I guess it's safe to assume that they bought 14 Genesis, 5 NES (one with a mint R.O.B.), 7 Game Gears, 29 SNEs (They would have had 30 if that bitch wouldn't have rejected moiety $5 CIF offer!), 47 GBCs, 1 Gamecube, 64 Nintendo 64s, 3 Atari Lynxs, 3 Saturns (one with Panzer Dragoon Saga disc only!), 3 PSones, 5 slim model PStwos, a non working xbox, 9 virtual boys, an intellivision, and a shitload of legos.

All for $18,84.[/QUOTE]

LOL, For a minute I thought you were going to leave out the legos . . .

[quote name='mm2barry']either you two guys are jealous, or, like me, you think that these purchases are a little hard to believe.
i don't doubt that they get good deals, but EVERY SINGLE WEEK????[/QUOTE]

There is no doubt about, I'm jealous as hell. But then again, I think it's awesome that they are able to get all of those great deals every week. VIVA LA MOIETY AND LA EVILMAX AND THEIR CASH IN FACE MAYHEM!

1 SNES CD prototype
Paid: $2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heh, just kidding. :razz:

Just got back from a great day of yard sales. On my first sale of the day I managed to snag:
-2 Complete NES systems (One still boxed) with 2 controllers and a gun each
-13 NES games (Most junk sports titles with ExciteBike the highlight)
-1 Complete Sega Genesis system
-5 Genesis games all complete (4 sports titles & Sonic)
all for $12. The lady wanted $15, but I was able to talk her down a little.

After hitting about 10 more sales in my hometown with no luck, I drove to a little town about 25 miles south that was having its citywide yard sale. I was surprised to find a town of less than 1,000 people had almost 50 yard sales. At those sales I found:
-1 Complete SNES system w/ Mario Kart & RPM racing. Wanted $10, CIF'ed $5.
-Mr. Do Atari 2600 $1.
-Juice XBOX $3. I mainly bought ths to make a little kids day.
-Kirby 64 $2.
-Brand new Texas Hold'em set w/ carrying case. Wanted $5, CIF'ed $3.
-1 NES system with AC plug and 2 wireless controller adaptors. Wanted $5, pulled an ultra cheapass maneuver and handful of change in faced $2. They took it.

Only 2 finds, but I have to say it was an excellent morning.

SNES console
1 controller
1 RF adapter
1 power adapter
2 8-foot RCA cables
1 Playstation RF adatper
1 Nokia 636/918 phone charger
1 "Quili Power" power supply (??)
Power Rangers
Donkey Kong Country
Paid = $2

Dell DJ 5gb MP3 Player
Power cable
USB cable
Headphones
Instructions
Asking = $25, Paid = $20 CIF

The Dell MP3 player came from the first sale I stopped at, around 8 in the morning. It was an older woman with her daughter, mostly old people's junk. The daughter looked at me and said, "Oh, I have a deal for you!" (For a second, I wasn't even sure she was talking to me.) She went into the house and brought out the player cradled in her hands... something about
Daughter: "I bought this for so-and-so, but he doesn't download any MP3s."
Mother: "But you can take them off of CDs." (smart old lady!)
Daughter: "Yeah, but I don't know how to do that!" (your loss, darling!)
She asked $25, but following moiety's advice, I put different bills in different pockets, and immediately reached for the $20. She took it :)

Very nice player... no scratches, looks like new. Oh, and it's for sale!

The SNES came from the same hick family sale that Marvel vs Capcom 2 came from. I was hoping they would still have Street Fighter Alpha 3. I kept telling myself that I would ask if they still had any "video games" (cos I knew they were not gonna know what the DC is) but when I opened my mouth:
Me: "Do you still have the Dreamcast system that you had last week?" #-o
Old man: "The WHA?"
Me: "Uhhm... the Dreamcast video game system?"
Them: "No, it's gone... but I think she still has the Nintendo"
So the old man led me to a white plastic bag (Bag says "Personal Belongings." Looks like something that they book you at the police station with.) under a table of baby clothes, where the SNES was. I would *never* have looked there. Asked how much, $2.

This system is Filthy with a capital F. I need to get more Magic Erasers. In fact, I caught myself unconsciously washing my hands after I handled it when I got home.

I forgot to follow one of moiety's pieces of advice, and it cost me today: stay in nice suburbs. The "nice suburb" area of town had 2 sales. One, I went to yesterday morning. I returned and asked if she had any video games, but the soccer mom and her neighbor had both sold them already. #-o(Didnt have time to ask yesterday because I was in a hurry, late for class)

Still a fine Saturday. The weather was beautiful.

Question-- what do you do when they say "I dunno, name your price." That's always an uncomfortable situation for me, knowing how much something's worth, how much I have, etc. etc.

do you just forget all morality and offer a super lowball price or what?

[quote name='mm2barry']either you two guys are jealous, or, like me, you think that these purchases are a little hard to believe.
i don't doubt that they get good deals, but EVERY SINGLE WEEK????[/QUOTE]

Jealous is not a strong enough word..."super power envy on crack" is more like it :p

but they work hard at it, hitting 40-50 sales a week, so it's not unbelievable.

the thought of 2 people in on a huge hoax to lie to a video game site about garage sale finds is also the most ridiculous idea I've heard all week. :lol:

Hmm my first Saturday of the season and got mild results. Hit about 27 Sales total.

Space Quest III (Complete for PC) - $0.50

Dragon's Lair (NES Cart and Hard Case) - $0.50
Where's Waldo (NES Cart and Hard Case) $0.50

Kyocera 7135 SmartPhone (Complete in Box) - $40.00
Software
Holster
Extra Battery
USB Data Cable
Car Charger/Speaker
Home Charger/Dock
2 Travel Chargers
Earbuds
Unknown Cable

The phone was definitely an unexpected purchase but the price seemed fair and my dad had been wanting one, so maybe I'll give it to him. The gaming stuff was definitely lacking, as the only other items I saw were a 3rd party XBOX controller missing it's dongle for $3.00 and a disc only copy of Quake II for PC for a $1.00. However it was enough to get me going and I will most likely be saling next weekend. Hopefully I can find cheap digital camera, so I can get some pictures going.

[quote name='Apossum']Question-- what do you do when they say "I dunno, name your price." That's always an uncomfortable situation for me, knowing how much something's worth, how much I have, etc. etc.

do you just forget all morality and offer a super lowball price or what?

Jealous is not a strong enough word..."super power envy on crack" is more like it :p

but they work hard at it, hitting 40-50 sales a week, so it's not unbelievable.

the thought of 2 people in on a huge hoax to lie to a video game site about garage sale finds is also the most ridiculous idea I've heard all week. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure that yardsaling and morality are not commensurate. You go in there and try your best to low ball them. I assume that 99% of yard sales are people trying to rid themselves that one of the two heads of household deem to be crap. So, they usually will take anything you give them.

It just sucks being in Mississippi where Craigslist stuff is nonexistent and yardsales are awful.

I wasn't actually out looking for sales cause the wather here is pretty nasty, but we saw a sign at about 11am on our way back from the library and had to stop. I picked up:

1 Genesis (model 1601) with power supply and 3rd party controller

My first Genesis ever. I need to get an rf cable or something to hook it up to a TV, and, of course, some games. Still I'm excited as I NEVER find VG stuff around here. Is this the crappy Genesis model or the good one? I know nothing about Genesis.

Edit: I paid $2

I also got 5 Beverly Cleary books for $1 that I'm saving for my eventul kids.

Today was kind of a bust.. I was expecting to come home with a lot more. I hit a community yard sale at a school that I normally fill my car up (not hard, I drive a mini cooper) and only bought a couple of things... BUT I finally did get some games. Here was the haul..

YARD SALES

Super Mario World SNES
Friday the 13th NES
Super Contra NES
Price Paid: $5

Eternal Champions Genesis
Price Paid: .25 Cents

Taxi Driver DVD
Ghost Dog DVD
Price Paid: $5

Master Replicas Obi-Wan Kenobi Gold "Chase" Lightsaber
Price Paid: $2

Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince Hardcover
Price Paid: $1

Osibisa 12" LP

Gen. One Transformers:
SLAG
Grimlock
Thundercracker
Barrage

WIFE'S YARD SALE BUYS
Crate & Barrel Pitcher w/ 6 Glasses Set
Pottery Barn hanging candle set
Price Paid: $13

Philosophy Chocolate Lovers "Cookbook" Shampoo / Conditioner / BodyWash NEW $1

SALVATION ARMY THRIFT STORE
Sam Kinison Comedy Club VHS $2
Love! Valour! Compassion! VHS $2
William Shatner & Leonard Nemoy LIVE - The 25 Year Mission VHS $2
BMX Biking - Grand National Championship Freestyle BMX Flatlands 1986 VHS $2
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh VHS New & Sealed $2
The Aristocats VHS New & Sealed $2
Peter Pan Masterpiece Collection VHS New & Sealed $2
Fantasia Masterpiece Collection VHS New & Sealed $2

School - The Story of American Education Book $1
In Praise of Stepmother First Edition Book $2

FRIDAY NIGHT @ VILLAGE THRIFT STORE
Complete NES Console $5
Useful Plants of Ghanna Book .45 Cents

1 Final Fantasy VII (PS1, missing manual)
1 Final Fantasy VIII (PS1, Complete)
1 Metal Gear Solid (PS1, Complete)
1 Ehrgeiz (PS1, Complete)
Paid: $5

1 Vagrant Story (PS1, Complete)
1 Silent Hill (PS1, Complete)
Paid: $6

1 Lego 4099 (missing manual)
1 Lego 4507 (missing manual)
Paid: $1

1 Darth Vader Collector's Case (original Kenner)
48 Star Wars figures (original Kenner)
Assorted Star Wars packaging for figures
3 large Star Wars dolls (Vader, Boba Fett, Luke; original Kenner)
1 AT-AT (original Kenner)
Paid: $6

1 Superbook "The First Christmas" VHS (old anime)
Paid: 25 cents

1 Rainbow Brite "Peril in the Pits" VHS

1 Super Metroid (SNES, box + cart + manual)
1 NFL2K (DC, Complete)
1 World Series Baseball 2k1 (DC, Complete)
1 Ready 2 Rumble Boxing (DC, missing manual)
3 assorted power adapters

1 SMB Super Show "Mario Meets Koopzilla" VHS

2.5-lb bag of Legos

4 lbs of Legos
Paid: $2

1 NES console (all hookups, power adapter duct-taped)
2 NES controllers
1 Rad Racer (NES, complete w/ 3D glasses and poster)
1 Legend of Zelda (NES, cart + sleeve + manual + map)
1 Ice Hockey (NES, cart + sleeve + manual)
1 Super Mario Bros. (NES, cart + sleeve + manual)
1 Slalom (NES, cart + sleeve + manual)
1 Anticipation (NES, cart + sleeve + manual)
1 Volleyball (NES, cart + sleeve + manual)
Paid: $3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Awesome whirlwind of a day. We hit 55 sales, and the weather was absolutely beautiful!

Scored FFVII, VIII etc. at the very first sale we went to. She had several *meh* PS1 games and a PSX all reasonably priced, but we were only interested in those few games. Missed a plastic tote of Legos, but the buyer paid $40 (more than I would have). The other PS1 games were found a few sales later, asking $8, took $6. So for FFVII, we now have 2 complete Non-GH, 1 complete GH, and 1 Non-GH with two Disc 2's.

The Star Wars stuff was an interesting find. Everything except the case was tossed in a big box of G.I. Joes. The guy selling was asking $3 for the collector's case and $2 for the AT-AT. He didn't really seem to know the value of anything, and neither did we, but we figured it had to be worth something. He said $10 for everything and took $6. After a bit of eBay research, it's looking like we can make at least $300 off of everything, which isn't bad for a $6 investment!

[quote name='"evilmax"']
Originally Posted by evilmax17 on 6/11/2005
Saw an old woman selling her grandson's SNES (1 controller, RF hookups), and a complete Super Metroid (box in rough shape) for $20. She wouldn't seperate the package, and she would only go as low as $18. Yeah, suck my balls. She also rudely declined my offer of 25 cents for a Fat Albert VHS marked 75 cents. This was the same yardsale that was charging $2 for assorted VHS tapes (half of which were taped off of TV). I hate people sometimes.

Originally Posted by evilmax17 on 10/22/2005
We unknowingly went back to this house today at noon, and all of the videogame stuff was still there. That bitch of an old lady still had the SNES with Super Metroid in a box, with the same sign that said "Working SNES console with game, $20", but the $20 was crossed out with pen and $15 was written next to it. I once again asked if she would sell the game seperately, to which she declined. That's why you still have this stuff after 2 yardsales lady![/quote]
Wouldn't you know we inadvertantly went back to that sale for a 3rd time (next to another advertised sale). The DC games were in a tin marked FREE, so we snagged those. And then - there it was. The SNES with the boxed Super Metroid and the same old cardboard sign: the $20 crossed out, the $15 crossed out, and now marked $10. I had to hold in my laughter. This time, the boy who owned the game was actually at the sale. We said that we already had the system, and offered $1 for the game. He had no problem in accepting our offer. So, after 3 visits to that sale, we FINALLY got the Super Metroid.

Near the end of the day, we inquired about videogames at a house which was part of a neighborhood sale. The guy pointed to a box off to the side with the NES and games. He was looking for $10. Funnily enough, Evilmax didn't think he had that much. He checked his wallet, and saw he only had $3. He asked the guy if he'd do $3, and showed him his wallet. It was true: we only had $3 left!! He gave us the "I don't wanna bring it back inside" line and accepted our offer. We were shocked when we saw the Zelda map, because we had gotten 2 almost complete Zeldas at past sales. Now, we finally have a complete Zelda! :)

Our finds were evenly spaced throughout the day, which is why our heads were almost spinning when we got home. We are going back to 2 sales tomorrow: they each said they had some old videogames in their basement that they would pull out. Here's hoping they actually do. Worth a shot!

Glad to see others had some luck today too!

3 Action Max VHS Tapes - .30

Earthworm Jim Prima Guide - .25

WWF No Mercy with Manual (N64) - 1.50

SNES System
1 SNES Controllers
AC Adpator & Audio Video Cables with SNES
Super Game Boy

4 NES Controllers
1 Gray NES Zapper
1 NES Advangtage
2 NES Max Pads (One Missing Red Part of the D-Pad)
1 Eliminator NES System Cleaner Cart
1 Doc's Fix A Game Kit (For cleaning & fixing NES Cotrollers)

NES Games

Air Fortress
Super Mario Bros. 3
Rescue The Embassy Mission
Kid Icarus
Mega Man 3
Yo! Noid
Alpha Mission
Double Dragon II
Metal Gear
Dragon Warrior
Dungeon Magic
Battle of Olympus, The
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Jaws
Power Blade
Goonies II, The
R.C. Pro-Am
Life Force
WCW World Championship Wrestling
Shadowgate (Complete)

Gameboy Games

Tetris
Terminator 2 Judgement Day (In Plastic Gameboy Case)

SNES Games

Super Mario World
Legend of Zelda, The: A Link To The Past
Mega Man X
Robotrek
Super Metroid
Sunset Riders
NHLPA Hockey
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Lethal Enforcers
Street Fighter II Turbo
7th Saga, The
Baseball Simulator 1.000
Secret of Mana
Pitfall - The Mayan Adventure
Star Fox
Chrono Trigger
Madden 96
Super Mario Kart
Hard Ball III
Mechwarrior
Super Star Wars
Areo The Acro-Bat

$10 for the Nintendo lot

I got the NES/SNES stuff at an unadvertised sale at about 10. I didn't really see any games and asked if they had any games to sell to which the girl running the sale said they had one game (which I didn't notice Warcraft III in box marked $10). She said that they had a Nintendo in the attic that they never use and asked if I'd be interested in to which I said yes, while waiting I was thinking to myself that it's probably going to be a NES and a couple of commons of which I would most likely already have all or most of and was metally preparing myself to leave the stuff behind if I couldn't get it cheap enough (asuming it was nothing I didn't already have). I was surprised when she brought down the games becuase of what all it consisted of then she said that she had a SNES in her room and broght out the SNES with SMW & Zelda. I looked over the stuff and was thinking about if I should offer $10 or $20 and offered $10 to which she accepted happily.

It's probably just me but I seem to have better luck with younger people as the girl at this sale was probably about 15 it's the soccer moms that usually won't go for any offers I give them. The girl at this sale was really nice and even started talking about some of her Linkin Park stuff she was selling and how she didn't like what they did with JayZ. While on the other hand I made the mistake of going to a Yardsale in a really nice development offered the soccer mom $2 for a 2600 with 3 games that said make an offer to which I was told $15 as if I was crazy, I then asked if they'd think about parting with the Complete Donkey Kong seperately - NO. As I was leaving she said she'd do $10 which was still abit to much for me.

[quote name='moiety']1 Darth Vader Collector's Case (original Kenner)[/QUOTE]

I used to have one of these when I was a kid. I saw one at the one flea market I go to sometimes about a month ago (where I found the Genesis games last week) but it was marked $10 or $15 so it was just nice for me to see and look at ;)

My one friend collects the Star Wars toys he'd probably be salivating if he saw all that Star Wars stuff you guys picked up for next to nothing.

okay, the star wars darth vader mask with all the figures is over the line! I vote we impose a tax on Moiety and evilmax...50% of their cool finds go to.....erm...me.

;)

Okay, so it wasn't at a Garage Sale, but I ran by a local EB and dug back thru their used PC games. The store was still having the Buy 3 Get 2 Free sale, so I thought what the heck (btw: another EB I went to was not having the sale thou so YMMV).

I picked up the following PC games...
Delta Force Black Hawk Down ($2.99)
Mechwarrior 4 ($.99)
Soldier of Fortune II Double Helix ($.99)
Moto GP 2 ($.00)
Echelon Wind Warriors ($.00) (hey, it was free...lol).

I also snagged a second copy of XBOX MechAssault Platinum Hits version (complete with case, instructions and disc, all in GREAT shape) for just $2.99...now we can hook up our 2 XBOXs and play LAN style. :}

Western Kentucky's sailor-uniform-clad mistress of cheap here with my finds from my first yard sale sweep in a long time... here we go!

Nothing gaming-related to report... looks like I'll be sticking to Book Broker and the like for my gaming deals... either that, or try to get up earlier.

I did, however, find:

a Rio One 32 MB expandable MP3 player w/ 64 MB Smart Media card full of funky instrumental music - 25 cents

4 Lego Bionicle sets - Guurahk, Pohatu Nuva, Tahnok, Pahrak - 50 cents

6 various ceramic bear figurines - 50 cents

3 Gekkeikan sake cups (I don't know why I got these, because I don't drink due to the tendency of people my age to do stupid shit while inebriated *cough*my ex*cough*, but my inner Japanophile said "buy them!") - $1

a bag of Pokemon figurines - 50 cents

Power Rangers Wild Force figure/bike set (for my stepbrothers) - 50 cents

inline skates - 5/7 youth size (for the oldest of the stepbrothers) - $2

2 nifty dragon shirts - $2.50

Hot Wheels '95 Camaro model car/mouse - NIB - 25 cents

Totem Pole Puzz-3D - 25 cents

1000 pc. Thomas Kinkade jigsaw puzzle - 50 cents

Boyds Bears throw pillow - 50 cents

all in all, an interesting day with a little bit of everything. Gaming finds may be a little lacking in my sleepy hamlet of Henderson, but church sales have some nice stuff.

Not a bad day.

-sailorneorune

The best deal I saw today ( granted I only had time for six sales) was a broken Nintendo for $50. I don't know when, or how, but someday I will have an experience worth bragging about.

Poor day for me, got up a little bit late (8:15am) and I hit maybe 20 sales total with my mom, I probably won't bring her along next time as she kind of slows me down to look for stuff for herself lol. I usually just ask the person running the sale if they have VG stuff to save time now. But the VG pickings were very thin this week, first sale had some PS2 games marked 10 bucks a pop, an older man bought the PS1 games and an arctic GBA. Missed out on a Genesis and games at one sale, the lady said 2 guys bought out all their VG stuff earlier in the morning, I knew I should've went there first (it was advertised on a canadian garage sale site as a 3 family sale). I saw 3 original GBs marked at 15, 20 and 25 dollars with no games lol, and one GBC for 25. Yikes.

The only thing I bought was a 600W Kenwood car amplifier for 30 dollars which I will stick in my Matrix once I find a decent sub (hopefully at a yardsale lol).

As for thrift store finds, I picked up the most mint condition GB for 3 bucks, it had no scratches or even sweat dirt in the grooves, I'm talking like MINT. But when I stuck in my tetris I noticed the screen is messed up, it cuts off a bit of the left and right sides. So now I gotta find another cheap GB to rip the screen out of lol.

Reality's Fringe;1874879]I hate people who run yardsales like its a physical manifestation of Ebay. "Well said:
I got one of those this morning.

There were a couple sales locally I hit up on my way to get the newspaper. The first one had some PS2 games marked $25 each 2/$40. $25 for HOF pinball or Rygar or LOTR TT. umm............ I think not.

The second sale had a nice NES really really clean but missing the power supply. with about 25 games. I CIF $11 to the guy with a " Does this thing work it's missing the plug? Will you take $11 on everything thats all I got? He responds rudely I could get $50 easy on E-bay for that system. I know immediately this guy's not worth my time, but ask anyway holding up a game (Contra) "How much for this game. He's like a buck a piece. Now I'm thinking to myself, what a fucking idiot, he could easily put this on e-bay and get a good $7+ for it. So just to hopefully piss him off a little, I say "if i buy a few of these can I get them for .50? Then he looks at me kinda befuddled and says "sure" So i walked away with SMB2, SMB3, MT punchout and Contra for $2. Everything else was pure crap.

Hit up a flea market and some random vid stores today--

Flea Market:
--NES power supply (which I just found out won't work with my Snes >_< )

Vid stores:
--Einhander complete - -$10
--FFVII -- Non-gh complete -- $19
--Persona 1, complete-- $6

I was gonna pass on FFVII, but I figured with the cash I saved on Persona and Einhander, why not pick it up.

Hold onto the power supply so you can pair it up with an NES missing one. I buy and save all NES components so I have complete sets.

Yesterday night, I hit the thrift store and got..

Transformers The Movie OOP DVD - $2.90
2 Parrot Books worth $40 each - $4.00

That's all!

bread's done
Back