OFFICIAL 2007 Yard Sale thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it should be posted here, but due to lack of garage sales, I'll post my finds for the 75% off all N64 and PSX games at Gamestop:

1st store:

Complete games (all psx):
Figthing Force
Bio Freaks
X-Men Mutant Academy
X-Men Mutant Academy 2
Sol Divide
Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro
Armored Core
Croc: Legend of the Gobbos

Disc & Manual games (no case, all psx):
Duke Nukem: Time To Kill
Spider-Man
Road Rash
Blaster Master: Blasting Again

Disc only games (all psx):
Incredible Crisis
Assault: Retribution
Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown
Dino Crisis 2
Omega Boost
Tetris Plus
Soul of the Samurai
Saga Frontier
Point Blank 2
Lethal Enforcers 1 & 2
Bomberman Party Edition
Alundra 2
Croc 2
Contra: Legacy of War
Dead or Alive

N64 Games (all cart only):
War Gods
Mischief Makers
Fighters Destiny

Total cost: $27.05

2nd store:

Complete games (all psx):
Arcade's Greatest Hits: Atari Collection 2
Arcade's Greatest Hits: Midway Collection 2
Shooter Space Shot
Spin Jam
Tetris Plus
Wild 9
Galaga
Time Crisis
Transformers: Beast Wars
Power Move Pro Wrestling
Descent (old school large case)

Disc & Manual games (no case, all psx):
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Iron & Blood

Case & Disc Games (no manual, all psx):
Spawn
Dead or Alive

Disc only games (all psx):
Buster Bros. Collection
Warcraft II: The Dark Saga

N64 Games (all cart only):
Quest 64

Total cost: Approx. $10

Total cost for the day: Approx. $37.05

All in all, I'd say it was a great day :D

I might have one of the best finds yet

Brand New Nyko AirFlow Ps2 Controller $ 0.50

N64 with 30 games including mario and starfox $5.00

Im Happy.

[quote name='Rhippo']

Im Happy.[/quote]
Can't go wrong at ~0.15 per item! :)

[quote name='Rhippo']I might have one of the best finds yet

Brand New Nyko AirFlow Ps2 Controller $ 0.50

Im Happy.[/QUOTE]

Come on now, pics of the N64 stuff at least.

yeah, some of you guys need to find a dang camera when you're out yard-saling. to be honest, my favorite posts are the ones with pics. i merely skim over the rest.

[quote name='allyourblood']yeah, some of you guys need to find a dang camera when you're out yard-saling. to be honest, my favorite posts are the ones with pics. i merely skim over the rest.[/QUOTE]

That's why I keep my camera charged.

[quote name='Kuros']Come on now, pics of the N64 stuff at least.[/quote]

I will try to get some pics soon the 64 is at my brothers house since he has wanted one I will try to get over there a snap a couple pics I will try to get the controller pic up tonight.

I got a book called

How to Win at Game Boy Games for 8 cents

0312926324.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I picked up Chrono Trigger, Super Mario Kart, and Super Mario All-Stars for $15 at a fleamarket. I also got a really good pork shish kabob and banana fritter for $4. Mmmm.

At a neighborhood sale I got Mario Party 5, Mario Party 6, Mario Cart Double Dash, Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 & 2, plus a Wavebird controller for $22.50. Not too shabby if you go by the Ebay prices. Good luck to all as the weather starts to warm up.

Not much for the weekend.

All of this cost me $6

Quackshot (complete)
Startropics
Zelda 2
Joe and Mac
Battle Squadron
GP-1

My first chance to participate in this thread came today when I got to go to the Flea Market.

Unfortunately, there were only 3 vendors selling games, and everything was entirely mediocre and absurdly overpriced.

One glaring example was a beat up used copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for 24.99. This retails at 9.99 brand new at a lot of places nowadays.

Oh well. Here's to next time.

My weekend was decent - one purchase, but it was cool - pictures to come later on;

1 Dreamcast (June 2000) with 2 controllers, 1 VMU, 1 MadCatz Gun and 7 games and a PlayStation 1 (original model) without a controller, 6 games - all working great all $25

This weekend at the flea market was a bust. There are only two regular Video Game vendors, and one wasn't there yesterday. Other guy had squat.

The junk shop had DBZ2 and Powerdrome (both PS2 and near mint) for $2 each, but I passed since I no longer have a PS2.

Only 3 Yard Sales this Weekend

Got

Xbox Wi-Fi Adapter $0.50

Half Life Set (1, 2, and Expansion) 1$

Metal Gear Solid GH Complete
Big Air GameCube Complete
Britney Spears Dance Beat GBA NEW
Cat in the Hat PS1 Complete
2 Other Random PS1 Games

12$ total.

Man, I'm in Florida at my grandpas and there's a ton of flea markets around here. I expected to find a lot of video game stuff, but I only found one seller with a lot of video games (out of 5 flea markets) and his prices were very high. I did end up getting these NES games for $9.50:

Pacman by Tengen (unlicensed)
RBI Baseball by Tengen (unlicensed)
Double Dribble (with insctructions)

He had a copy of Yoshi's Cookie for $50, but all of his games were 50% off plus another dollar off, so $24. Hahahaha.

I did find another guy at another flea market with a few sega genesis games for $1, none noteworthy though.

And another guy tried to get me to guy 4 random PS1 games for $20.

[quote name='Unickuta']I picked up Chrono Trigger, Super Mario Kart, and Super Mario All-Stars for $15 at a fleamarket. I also got a really good pork shish kabob and banana fritter for $4. Mmmm.[/quote]

Columbus Market?

[quote name='dtrmp4']
He had a copy of Yoshi's Cookie for $50, but all of his games were 50% off plus another dollar off, so $24. Hahahaha.[/quote]

24 bucks? BARF.

Yeah, it was all wrapped up in some plastic too.

Some of the games were at a pretty good price though with the $5 - 50% = $2.50 - $1 = $1.50, but those were mostly all crappy games. Only $1.50 game I got was the one with the instruction manual.

[quote name='ThePlatinumStag']...

Meadowlands eh?

*Competition*
Damn it...I got Megaman X3 for 3 dollars there the other day....though Chrono Trigger would have been awesome
:cool:[/quote]

In the beck left corner, there's a shish kabob stand that's different from the rest- they also have banana firtters. GET A PORK KABOB THERE! It's awesome...

Woot! Cheap Ass Carnivore!

There's still snow on the ground up here, we're just getting over a cold spell. With any luck, we're planning on going out for the first time next weekend. We hit 17 sales on this weekend in 2006, and went yard saling for our first time ever during this weekend in 2005. This will be our third year, *sniff* has it really been that long?

I'm totally expecting to see a bunch of the Burger King Xbox games this year. Seems like the type of thing that people will want to try and pawn off for more than they paid for it.

Hello everyone,

I've always wanted to participate in this thread. I got lucky today. Went to Gamecrazy because my brother went to Toy's R Us for some baby toys for his daughter. Normally I don't find anything, but I guess someone brought in some games. ^__^

Some have scratches, but they did a good job of recleaning. The PS1 games work fine on my PS2.

Playstation
Complete:
- Clock Tower
- Dance Dance Revolution
- Hydro Thunder
- Legend of Dragoon
- Resident Evil [Long Box] (One of the pegs is broken on the case but that's okay)

Disc Only:
- Breath of Fire III
- Brunswick Bowling
- Ehrgeiz
- Intelligent Qube
- Roll Away

Dreamcat
- Shenmue (Passport included too ^__^)
- Timestalkers (no game case)

Total: $43.26

I love the classics thing. Wish there was more to buy though.
Cheers :)

games.jpg

Over the past few days:

NES:
Rygar (cart only) - $2.50
Thundercade (cart only) - $1.99

SNES:
Zoop (cart only) - $1.99

PlayStation:
Intelligent Qube (disc only) - $1
I normally avoid disc games that aren't complete, but I figured I'd make an exception for this. :)

Went to a few more GameStop/EB stores for the 75% off PSX and n64 games. My finds:

1st Store:

PSX games (complete):
Rhapsody

PSX games (disc only):
Clock Tower (also had the cover for the maual, but no pages)
Battle Hunter
Threads of Fate (had the case and manual at home, so now it is complete :) )
One
Pinobee

N64 games (all cart only):
The New Tetris
Dr. Mario 64
Ms. Pac-Man: Maze Madness
Snowboard Kids 2
Starcraft 64

Total: approx. $27.18

2nd Store:

PSX games (complete):
Castlevania: Chronicles
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Vagrant Story (GH)
Gundam: Battle Assault 2
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
Sorcerer's Maze

PSX games (disc & manual):
Emperor's New Groove
Land Before Time: Great Valley Racing Adventure
Strikers 1945

PSX games (disc only):
Re-Loaded
Armored Core: Project Phantasma
Vandal Hearts
Krazy Ivan
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV
Point Blank 3
Project: Horned Owl

Paper Mario 64
bomberman Hero
Duke Nukem: Zero Hour
Mario Tennis
Snowboard Kids
Pokemon Puzzle League
Harvest Moon 64

Total: $43.05

Total for the day: approx. $70.23 \\:D/

Thrift Store Nabs

Sega Game Gear (Working condition)
NES Power Glove (Working condition)

Total: $5.50

Atari 2600 with hookups, two controllers, one paddle, and 18 games (Thank you craigslist)

Total: $20.00

[quote name='Mirpkered']I scored hardcore on Saturday... I picked up around 700 PS2, XBox, Xbox 360, and gamecube manuals all for $1. I couldn't beleive it. here is the site for it if you want to check it out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17809559@N00/451846614/

there are 5 photo parts to this set. Also check out any other deals I gat and feel free to offer any comments or insight...[/quote]
You need to share the story that went along with the find! No fun otherwise :bouncy:

On another note it looks like yardsale season is starting up around here. It's time to start hunting!

[quote name='Mirpkered']I scored hardcore on Saturday... I picked up around 700 PS2, XBox, Xbox 360, and gamecube manuals all for $1. I couldn't beleive it. here is the site for it if you want to check it out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17809559@N00/451846614/

there are 5 photo parts to this set. Also check out any other deals I gat and feel free to offer any comments or insight...[/quote]

Didn't have time to share the story but I started out going to this yard sale and saw on the table an atari, playstation, and gamecube systems (all way everpriced, even for game stores). I then was about to walk off when I noticed that a box was sitting on another table that had a couple video game manuals peeking out of the top so I ask what it is. She proceeded to tell me that it was all the manuals that she had had the games for over the recent years. I then asked how much, in hopes taht some NES manuals would be hiding in the pile. However, she said that she would take $2. Unfortunatly I had just left the ATM and had no small bills except a $1. She took it.

Later i dispersed them and found:

200-250 Xbox manuals
20+ Gamecube manuals
10 XBox 360 manuals
400-450 PS2 manuals

there was some duplicate manuals but not many. Very good find I felt on this one.

[quote name='Mirpkered']Didn't have time to share the story but I started out going to this yard sale and saw on the table an atari, playstation, and gamecube systems (all way everpriced, even for game stores). I then was about to walk off when I noticed that a box was sitting on another table that had a couple video game manuals peeking out of the top so I ask what it is. She proceeded to tell me that it was all the manuals that she had had the games for over the recent years. I then asked how much, in hopes taht some NES manuals would be hiding in the pile. However, she said that she would take $2. Unfortunatly I had just left the ATM and had no small bills except a $1. She took it.

Later i dispersed them and found:

200-250 Xbox manuals
20+ Gamecube manuals
10 XBox 360 manuals
400-450 PS2 manuals

there was some duplicate manuals but not many. Very good find I felt on this one.[/QUOTE]

Heck yea that's a good deal. You could easily sell them for $1 each, which would give people a pretty good deal and you still make a good amount of scratch.

Stuff for Saturday to Today:

Hogan's Alley - $2 (to replace my bad copy)
Alone in the Dark A New Nightmare - $2 (to replace my disc only copy)
Yobo Famiclone USA edition $10
Pokemon Puzzle League, Mace the Dark Age, Hot Shots 1 and 2 $5
MGS VR Missions $.50

Combination Ebay Pickup and a "Hey you want these too"

SNES System Complete

Super Mario RPG
Mario All Stars
Fighters History
Contra III
3 Other Games

Sega Genesis Complete
28 Games nothing particularly notable

Sega Saturn Complete
ST Key so I can play imports
2 4MB JAP Memory Cards

Complete Games
virtua fighters remix
street fighter the movie
marvel super heroes
battle monsters
grid runner
golden axe the dual
dragon ball z import

Disc Only
street fighter collection
street fighter alpha 2,
marvel super heroes vs street fighter,
x-men children of the atom,
fighters mega mix,
daytona usa,
virtua cop,
virtua fighter 2,
xmen vs street fighter,
madden 98,
night warriors:darkstalkers revenge.

Nintendo 64 Complete
Mario Golf
Mario Party
Super Smash Bros
Kirby 64
Zelda OOT
Zelda MM
Res Evil 2
16 other games

2 Gameboy Colors and a Gameboy Pocket
Pokemon Red

Gamecom system
-Lights out
Arcade Classics

Dreamcast Games
Marvel vs Capcom 2 Complete
Shenmue Complete
D2 Complete
15 other games

Total 140$

Guy threw in the dreamcast games for 20$ and the other stuff went for so cheap because he wouldnt take paypal. I thought no risk for local pickup(an hour drive)

I went to a local pawn shop I frequent and ended up noticing that he got a lot of new titles in. I ended up lookeing through them and got Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island, Cake Mania, and Zoo Tycoon DS. I ended up giving him $21.50 for all 3 items which he normally charged $10 each for. Once again, I feel good about my deal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17809559@N00/454658066/in/set-72157594549287238/

Then, I got these off of the local user forums. I paid $10 for Dragonball Z: Legacy of Goku 2, Lady Sai, and Digimon Battle Spirit. Thought I got a pretty good deal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17809559@N00/454658214/in/set-72157594549287238/

Always feel free to browse other deals and comment on anything you see

[quote name='GodOfTheMind1369']Went to a few more GameStop/EB stores for the 75% off PSX and n64 games. My finds:

1st Store:

PSX games (complete):
Rhapsody

PSX games (disc only):
Clock Tower (also had the cover for the maual, but no pages)
Battle Hunter
Threads of Fate (had the case and manual at home, so now it is complete :) )
One
Pinobee

The New Tetris
Dr. Mario 64
Ms. Pac-Man: Maze Madness
Snowboard Kids 2
Starcraft 64

Total: approx. $27.18

2nd Store:

PSX games (complete):
Castlevania: Chronicles
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Vagrant Story (GH)
Gundam: Battle Assault 2
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
Sorcerer's Maze

PSX games (disc & manual):
Emperor's New Groove
Land Before Time: Great Valley Racing Adventure
Strikers 1945

PSX games (disc only):
Re-Loaded
Armored Core: Project Phantasma
Vandal Hearts
Krazy Ivan
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV
Point Blank 3
Project: Horned Owl

Paper Mario 64
bomberman Hero
Duke Nukem: Zero Hour
Mario Tennis
Snowboard Kids
Pokemon Puzzle League
Harvest Moon 64

Total: $43.05

Total for the day: approx. $70.23 \\:D/
[/quote]
Which stores did you go to?

[quote name='Mirpkered']I went to a local pawn shop I frequent and ended up noticing that he got a lot of new titles in. I ended up lookeing through them and got Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island, Cake Mania, and Zoo Tycoon DS. I ended up giving him $21.50 for all 3 items which he normally charged $10 each for. Once again, I feel good about my deal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17809559@N00/454658066/in/set-72157594549287238/

Then, I got these off of the local user forums. I paid $10 for Dragonball Z: Legacy of Goku 2, Lady Sai, and Digimon Battle Spirit. Thought I got a pretty good deal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17809559@N00/454658214/in/set-72157594549287238/

Always feel free to browse other deals and comment on anything you see[/quote]

didn't Cake Mania for the DS just come out today??

Found an NBA Jam TE with big plastic case (the orginal playstation ones) and the disc is in mint condition.

$0.45

It must be a port of the arcade version, i used to play this game to death on my SNES, and it looks great on the PS2!

Well I ended up picking up Monster 4X4 World Curcuit at a pawn shop for $19 yesterday. Pretty staight forward so no good story on that one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17809559@N00/456432262/

and then I got some DS cases but I am going to quote my picture...

"I went with my friend to the mall to see TMNT with his son. They were playing in the playplace and I said I would go to EB games real quick. I walked in and stated that I was looking for just DS game cases. She asked howmany I need and I said 3 - 4. She said wait justa moment and she brought back 3 DS game cases. I asked her if I owed her anything but her response was no. So I got 3 DS game cases for FREE. "

I did this since I had bought some DS games from a pawn shop with no cases...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17809559@N00/456448721/

First day out for the season, and sadly it was a bust. Hit 7 sales. No unadvertised sales to be found. It's the nicest day it's been in a couple weeks, but I guess it's still a little early around here. We'll try again next Saturday!

I picked up WWF Wrestlefest (arcade machine) today at an auction at the Indiana State Fairgrounds for $65. It's not in the original cabinet and I don't care for the monitor at all, but it works fine.

[quote name='ragtop70']I picked up WWF Wrestlefest (arcade machine) today at an auction at the Indiana State Fairgrounds for $65. It's not in the original cabinet and I don't care for the monitor at all, but it works fine.[/quote]
I'd really like to get into the auction scene, but I know nothing about it. How did you find out about this particular auction, and did they list anything about videogames (or that specific cabinet)?

[quote name='evilmax17']I'd really like to get into the auction scene, but I know nothing about it. How did you find out about this particular auction, and did they list anything about videogames (or that specific cabinet)?[/QUOTE]
I've always wanted to try these as well, but I've never really taken the time to try any. I've looked at a few in the classifieds, but they don't usually sound very interesting. I really want to try going to an arcade auction once I have the room to store one. I've looked at this site, but I don't have the money to go and I haven't seen a auction close by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back