Official 2011-12 NFL Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little late to the party I'm sure, but good Lord did the Jets play horribly against the Cowboys. Just adding proof to my idea that while Sanchez has a good arm, his accuracy and consistancy is very questionable.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Just adding proof to my idea that while Sanchez has a good arm, his accuracy and consistancy is very questionable.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you're the first to have that particular idea.

The Browns have two punters on IR now as Richmond McGee got a herniated disk during warm-ups for the Bengals game, which explains his bad punts but not how he was still able to play with a partially numb leg. Brad Maynard seems to be a good replacement, though the Browns need to have more success on offense so that he's not appearing that often.

As long as the defense can continue to bend but not break like they did in the end of the Cincy game, the Browns should be able to hold on for the win. Colt and Peyton are getting into a good groove even though Peyton hasn't made a big run yet. He's having a solid game as the offensive line starts to get some good chemistry going.

I'm glad that the Browns RZ defense is doing well to keep the Colts out of the endzone, though it would be better if they could also keep them out of the red zone. I'm surprised that the running game has only featured Peyton Hillis and not Hardesty, which would be a good way to use him as a change-of-pace back.

Wow! Great game from Tennessee today. Absolutely put it to Baltimore. Hasselbeck made some big throws and Kenny Britt is ridiculous. This offense might actually be pretty scary when CJ is finally back in playing shape.

For once, I don't like seeing Detroit on the schedule.

As for Kansas City, it could be a long year. Outscored 89-10 by the Bills and Lions.

A poor showing today but a win is a win for the Packers. Also thanks CBS for switching the Raiders game before it ended.

Well I did have high hopes for the Cowboys to bounce back today after a tough loss last week.. and then we missed a chip-shot field goal.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Man it sucks being a Raiders fan! :bomb:

Exciting game, but the Raiders' defense was just fucking pathetic the whole second half.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, blowing a 21-3 lead is pretty bad. And honestly, the defense on that last touchdown was horrid. There wasn't a single white jersey within 5 yards of Nelson. I don't know how you let somebody get that open when the entire game rests on that play.

[quote name='packerfan10']A poor showing today but a win is a win for the Packers. Also thanks CBS for switching the Raiders game before it ended.[/QUOTE]
yeah that pissed me off, there was 40 secs left and the bills were on 3rd down and goal...then CBS cut away from the game lol.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Tom Brady is going to pass for 500 yards again :lol:.[/QUOTE]FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.jpg

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Eric Decker is stepping up big time for Denver in Lloyd's absence, though Champ's absence is felt on the passing D.[/QUOTE]

And DOOMervil being out on the pass rush.

Von got his first career sack though. The first of hopefully many.

fucking Tony Romo. His mistakes last week were terrible, but damn was he money today. The Romosexual in me is returning.

Also when Cam Newton starts throwing a flatter ball he is going to be really fucking nasty. His only problem is that he floats his ball too much. He makes great decisions, but he has to be a little more accurate with the ball and he will be crazy nice.

I am very impressed with the way Romo came in after he was hurt and was solid in a clutch situation. It is also nice seeing him act as a leader on the team. I loved seeing him talk to Holley on the side line then right after Holley has some nice catches, and then the 77 yard catch in OT.

Holy cow the Bears O-line was horrible today. Next week's game against GB is going to get ugly in a hurry! At this rate Cutler might not live to see the bye week!

Wow, the NFL is so inconsistent on calling those personal foul penalties on QB hits. I thought for sure the sack the Eagles had on Matty Ice would draw a flag. I've seen calls on a lot less.

[quote name='Chitown021']Wow, the NFL is so inconsistent on calling those personal foul penalties on QB hits. I thought for sure the sack the Eagles had on Matty Ice would draw a flag. I've seen calls on a lot less.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. That was definitely a penalty.

[quote name='Xevious']Could it be the Colts have a shot at Andrew Luck????? Something to think about.[/QUOTE]

I think at this point, the Chiefs are the front runners. Charles, Berry, Moeaki... :cry:

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Buffalo...2-0? Could it be?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk[/QUOTE]

Let's hold off on getting too excited for the Bills until they play someone in the AFC East. Home versus the Patriots next week, if they can make it interesting than maybe they're for real. I remain skeptical.

[quote name='emg28']I think at this point, the Chiefs are the front runners. Charles, Berry, Moeaki... :cry:[/QUOTE]

Seattle sees those injuries, and raises you "Tavaris Jackson is our QB"

boy am i disappointed in the 49ers today. that just should not have happened. i guess harbaugh realized he needed to lose games to get andrew luck.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']boy am i disappointed in the 49ers today. that just should not have happened. i guess harbaugh realized he needed to lose games to get andrew luck.[/QUOTE]

A couple rough spots for Harbaugh, and the secondary is still awful.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']boy am i disappointed in the 49ers today. that just should not have happened. i guess harbaugh realized he needed to lose games to get andrew luck.[/QUOTE]

I don't blame Harbaugh. The secondary collapsed and allowed Romo to get some passes in that he shouldn't have been able to. I still think the niners have a good shot at the NFC west this year, especially once Gore gets into it again.

The best thing about the Browns play so far this year is that Cribbs has gotten out of the rut that he was in last year. He can be a non-factor in the passing game, but he was non-existent in the return game last year and that was a huge issue all year. This year he's had a few big ~50 yard returns that have given the offense great field position with good momentum when his longest KR was in the 30s last year.

[quote name='emg28']I think at this point, the Chiefs are the front runners. Charles, Berry, Moeaki... :cry:[/QUOTE]

Local sports radio has already started a "Press your Luck" segment in which they will do a weekly update as to where the Chiefs stand in the race for the #1 pick...

[quote name='packerfan10']>_> It's going to be a good one next week.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I have to say you are probably right. Our O-line can't stop anyone so it's going to be a free-for-all on Cutler.

http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=#Browns
#Browns inactives vs. Miami: RB P. Hillis, QB T. Lewis, DB E. Hagg, LB T. Brown, OL S. Vallos, OL T. Pashos and TE J. Cameron.
This will be a tough game to win without Peyton Hillis, who left practice on Friday with an illness that didn't seem to get better before today. Montario Hardesty will get the start as his first big test as a Brown. I'm guessing Armond Smith will get some time as well as the #2 back.

This is a great example of why the Browns needs to get off to a better start offensively, as they've needed great returns by Cribbs to give the offense a kick start and he's not returning today. He did make an amazing TD catch and Hardesty's been doing well in the first drive of the second half.

[quote name='bvharris']I guess we can put that "Bills can totally hang with the Patriots" thing to rest.[/QUOTE]

LOL...well whoever said that is delusional. Their defense just isn't that good. Yes, they shut down a horrible KC team, but gave up a lot of points to Oakland. The only reason they're in these games is because Ryan Fitzpatrick swallowed John Elway's soul or something. He's been playing way over his head. The people of Buffalo will just be happy if the Bills finish better than 7-9.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']The Vikings are on their way to blowing another huge lead.[/QUOTE]

First half they put some of the best offense AND defense in the league on the field. They had some AMAZING plays; then 2nd half rolls around and they're just fucking done. It's getting to be ridiculous.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Bills are mounting a comeback, only down 24-17 now after starting down 21-0.[/QUOTE]

Ruh-roh. Tom Brady has suddenly turned into Rex Grossman. He's falling apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back