Official 2011-12 NFL Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chitown021']It's ok, you're not missing much... Blah blah blah, Aaron Rodgers, blah blah blah, Green Bay Packers. It's enough to turn your stomach... ;)

The only thing I like about Green Bay is Jordy Nelson. I got to see him play locally for Kansas State when he was in college. He was a stud on a very mediocre Wildcat team.[/QUOTE]

Crisis adverted, http://hqplayer.nbcsports.com/Player.html?PID=61. And TD!

[quote name='Chitown021']It's ok, you're not missing much... Blah blah blah, Aaron Rodgers, blah blah blah, Green Bay Packers. It's enough to turn your stomach... ;)

The only thing I like about Green Bay is Jordy Nelson. I got to see him play locally for Kansas State when he was in college. He was a stud on a very mediocre Wildcat team.[/QUOTE]

LOL you missed blah blah blah successor to favre

[quote name='keithp']I hate that they changed kickoffs to the 35-yd line![/QUOTE]

Seriously, it's pissing me off. Like 90% of all kickoffs end up with a touchback now.

Wow, as a Pierre Thomas fantasy owner that last play thrilled me. I don't think Ingram is getting another goal-line carry for a while. Though to be fair, that was a pretty brutal playcall when Drew Brees is your QB.

What a game though.

Way to go NO, get a gifted PI call and you goto Ingram who has been stuffed at least 3-4 times in short yard situations. Guess they can blame the lockout

Wow, what a wild and crazy way to open the season. Rodgers was nearly perfect (take that, people in my fantasy league who doubted my selection) and Randall Cobb pressed Z or R twice in tribute to tomorrow's release of Star Fox 64 3D, doing a perfect barrel roll en route to a 108 yard kick return TD.

[quote name='Matt Young']Rodgers was nearly perfect (take that, people in my fantasy league who doubted my selection)[/QUOTE]

You've got to admit though: After he threw 3 TDs in the first quarter, you've got to be a little disappointed that he didn't throw another one all game. ;)

[quote name='bvharris']Wow, as a Pierre Thomas fantasy owner that last play thrilled me. I don't think Ingram is getting another goal-line carry for a while. Though to be fair, that was a pretty brutal playcall when Drew Brees is your QB.

What a game though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't understand what that was all about. I saw a little while ago that the Saints were the worst rushing team last year against Short Yardage Defenses.

To me, it looked like if they ran a bootleg, Brees could have walked that in the endzone.

I think the thing that stuck out for me most last night is, Ingram really looks like a rookie. I know there was a lot of hype around him, especially in fantasy, but 40 yards on 13 carries and no catches. I was really surprised they didn't give Thomas more chances because he actually was producing when he had the chance.

33 hours till this....

desean-jackson-philadelphia-eagless.jpg

[quote name='bvharris']Wow, as a Pierre Thomas fantasy owner that last play thrilled me. I don't think Ingram is getting another goal-line carry for a while. Though to be fair, that was a pretty brutal playcall when Drew Brees is your QB.

What a game though.[/QUOTE]

Terrible play call, but Ingram is not losing the goal-line job off one stop. You don't trade up to get a guy and then abandon him after one play

Cleveland's working on contract extensions for Peyton Hillis and Ahtyba Rubin. These contract extensions that they've been working on are a much better way to spend the money that they could've spent on questionable free agent options, as I'd rather they tie up the good, young talent that they have than take chances on big name guys that may not be worth the money.

It's nice to see Josh Cribbs get a return in and he makes it a big one. Montario Hardesty looks good in his regular debut.

Touchdown to Ben Watson! This is the kind of drive that they needed to get back into this game after the shaky start for the offensive line.

Gah! My fantasy running backs are failing me (except Ray Rice). Lagaratte Blount and Peyton Hillis have 0 points through 1 quarter.

Also I'm rooting for the Browns because I picked them in Admirals suicide pool thing.

Hillis is having trouble because he's running up the middle against a pretty good Bengals defensive line that's full of big guys, so the offensive line has to open up holes for him to get a big run most of the time. He just broke a big run because of Joe Thomas opening up the side of the field.

Huge throw to Massaquoi by Colt McCoy to get them in the goal line.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Hillis is having trouble because he's running up the middle against a pretty good Bengals defensive line that's full of big guys, so the offensive line has to open up holes for him to get a big run most of the time. He just broke a big run because of Joe Thomas opening up the side of the field.

Huge throw to Massaquoi by Colt McCoy to get them in the goal line.[/QUOTE]

They better let him punch it in on this 3rd and goal.

Damn. At least they are winning now.

Evan Moore gets McCoy's second TD pass and this shows why their tight end group may be one of the best/deepest in the NFL. They still have Alex Smith and Cameron Jordan (or is it Jordan Cameron) as the #3 and #4 TEs. Cleveland has the lead now and this boost is all thanks to Josh Cribbs finally getting to return a kickoff.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Evan Moore gets McCoy's second TD pass and this shows why their tight end group may be one of the best/deepest in the NFL. They still have Alex Smith and Cameron Jordan (or is it Jordan Cameron) as the #3 and #4 TEs. Cleveland has the lead now and this boost is all thanks to Josh Cribbs finally getting to return a kickoff.[/QUOTE]

Colt McCoy continues to impress me.

Ray Rice is unbelievable.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Andy Dalton's been taken out so that Gradkowski's in and the offense is just overwhelmed. Cleveland has all of the momentum right now.[/QUOTE]

They need to keep giving the ball to Peyton Hillis. They can't stop him.

Aaaaand they pass twice at the 3. Bravo.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']God, Kerry Collins is horrible.[/QUOTE]

The whole Colts team are playing like trash. I am pretty sure losing your QB doesn't make defense\special teams not perform well.

[quote name='KingBroly']Pittsburgh got humiliated today.[/QUOTE]:lol:

I was so happy, since I'm a Ravens fan. Also happy my Bears are winning, and the Colts lost BADLY.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']:lol:

I was so happy, since I'm a Ravens fan. Also happy my Bears are winning, and the Colts lost BADLY.[/QUOTE]

I was pleasantly surprised to see the Bears play so well.

What the heck happened to the Steelers? Were they just not prepared? I flipped between a few games but never peaked in on that one.

I am glad I had the free preview of the NFL ticket this week so I could watch the Bears game (the local game was the Chiefs which got ugly in a hurry!).

[quote name='Chitown021']I was pleasantly surprised to see the Bears play so well.

What the heck happened to the Steelers? Were they just not prepared? I flipped between a few games but never peaked in on that one.

I am glad I had the free preview of the NFL ticket this week so I could watch the Bears game (the local game was the Chiefs which got ugly in a hurry!).[/QUOTE]

Seven turn overs happened to them, haha.

Damn, I thought the Titans were going to come back on the Jags. They had them reeling, and then Hasselbeck throws a backpedaling 45 yard lob on 2nd and 10...when they only needed 15 yards for a game winning field goal. That was a rookie play. Locker could have done that. What an idiot. :wall:

Disappointing ending to the Browns game as the defense got complacent and took too long to get out of the huddle, which allowed allowed Cincy to hike the ball so that AJ Green could get as open as he'll ever get this year. That play was the nail in the coffin for them.

Are you frickin' kidding me? SJAX is already hurt for the Rams? I was wondering why he didn't score anymore pts for my team after that first big run.

Dammit, I should have known better than to draft that guy!

[quote name='Chitown021']Are you frickin' kidding me? SJAX is already hurt for the Rams? I was wondering why he didn't score anymore pts for my team after that first big run.

Dammit, I should have known better than to draft that guy![/QUOTE]
I learned my lesson after drafting him last year lol

[quote name='Chitown021']Are you frickin' kidding me? SJAX is already hurt for the Rams? I was wondering why he didn't score anymore pts for my team after that first big run.

Dammit, I should have known better than to draft that guy![/QUOTE]

Jackson, Bradford, Amendola, and I think three others were hurt for the Rams. Amendola's looked the most serious.

[quote name='gbpackers94']NFC North, best conference in the NFL, confirmed?[/QUOTE]

Certainly the conference with the biggest toss up as to who will win it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Certainly the conference with the biggest toss up as to who will win it.[/QUOTE]

Packers will win, possibly Bears.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Packers will win, possibly Bears.[/QUOTE]

We'll see... Anything can happen, just look at how the Colts completely crumbled after losing Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back