Official 2011 Yard Sale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='schultzed']Damn, I'm short on time but here is Sat. (Fri. will be later).

So, there were a bunch of fresh sales in town but I had to go out of town (family stuff).

But I was able to hit 4 sales in NE IL.

One was odd because the sale was in front (parents) but there were signs for the back. In the back, the daughter (40s and pretty much a character out of Big Bang Theory) had her stuff on the family's deck. Right away it was "cool" because I saw videogames, comics, CDs and toys.

I passed on the 2 longboxes (looked like 90s stuff and I didn't have time to sift anyway). The CDs turned up only a few titles worth buying and ultimately the toys didn't pan out (more on this in a sec). So the games were $1 each (boxed ones are complete):

I wonder if she sold any before I got there (but who would pass on the ones I got) . . . I did pass on some boxed sports titles and a few crappier NES titles . . . I only bought the Fester because Slow got one last week (although his was boxed).

The toys were mostly non-profitable but she had 11 Simpsons figures (90s and sealed) but I could see that they were worth only about $10-15 each on Amazon (and slow sellers at that). She wanted $5 each and wouldn't budge. I tried $30 for the bundle up to $40 and just gave up. The funny part was that this kid approached them before me and his Grandmother was willing to buy the Bart for him but she saw me and retreated. I think she felt that I was a collector and it would be best for me to have them. The seller recoiled at the kid's touch of the toys (literally made a face of disgust at me that a kid would even touch it). The grandma and kid vanished as I tried to deal. Anyway, as I left the driveway I could hear the GM saying . . . "now we can go and buy it." Very weird. But I love the idea that the kid would have the nerve to actually PLAY with the toys.

Surprisingly I did buy a few items at every sale (a few CDs here, some good books there). Nothing amazing but it did make up for my severely pinched day.

At another sale, I saw this rough looking PS1 with a bunch of sports games but also a Gameshark case. The case was empty but I checked inside the system and found it! (the GS disc is in great shape)

I don't know why I bought the Alf (maybe for trade). But I got the pair for $1.[/QUOTE]

Haha nice finds man. I hope you've seen the angry video game nerd episode on Super Pitfall :lol:

[quote name='slowdive21'] I'm guessing you were near Zion.[/QUOTE]

You're close but further south.

So, Friday. This is the weird guy with the large-format comic.

I was picking through some games and there was a PS2 slim but no hookups. He went inside and brought out the power adapter and we found the TV hookup in a bin. (Damn, he had a GC power adapter that I could've had for free but I forgot about it).

He wants $15 and I'm trying to get him to $10. He says $15 but he'll throw in all of the games. I shrugged and said fine. I would've paid $3 for Luigi, Dark Tomorrow and King's Field the rest . . . ho hum.

I'm looking around for a box and he gives me this basket instead (looks collectible but I'll probably drop it off at Goodwill):

I ended up giving him a few more dollars for other misc. crap (mostly some sellable books and CDs).

Not pictured but at another sale (late in the day) I picked up a sealed cassette of Buck Rodgers for Coleco Adam . . . for .25 . . . that was a sale with a ton of tech junk . . . I wonder if they had some other Coleco stuff?

What are the markings / stamp on the basket? If it is a vintage Longaberger it could be worth a decent amount of cash. I think they are usually signed though. Actually I don't think it is one of those. It looks older. Don't ask me why I know these things...

Glad to see you are still pulling some nice finds, even if it is on my side of the border.

[quote name='slowdive21']What are the markings / stamp on the basket? If it is a vintage Longaberger it could be worth a decent amount of cash. I think they are usually signed though. Actually I don't think it is one of those. It looks older. Don't ask me why I know these things...

Glad to see you are still pulling some nice finds, even if it is on my side of the border.[/QUOTE]

The Friday one was up by me. But the pickens are gettin mighty slim

The basket has a burnt in stamp "WOV-N-WOOD by JERYWIL"

Got my pictures done, so here's this weekend's finds.

fcb146f75af6e90ec6e673d5f5962daf.jpg

GBC Lot - $15
Neat games. Poke Pinball actually has a battery cover for once. GBC box is just plain cool and the car charger & worm light are a nice bonus.

9ed9fe59435478384b6cce9d55ac2f79.jpg

Crap Wii games $1 each
Blue DS Phat $5
Cheap Wii games of questionable quality.
The DS had no charger and wouldn't turn on so it was a gamble...but it works...kind of. It charged up fine when I got it home, but there's no sound (haven't tried headphones yet though.) Hopefully there's an easy fix.

And now for the big score.

529c9283ceb346924157f64afd25e873.jpg

608711bd7e070c083d843c8f28d284c7.jpg

22 PlayStation games for $40.
So this was an unscheduled stop, and from the car I saw a lot of N64 carts. When I got up the driveway the awesome PS1 games took my attention away. I grabbed the must-have games and asked how much. I was quoted $3 each or $7 for the multi disc games. I asked for a bundle price on the whole bin (22 ps1 games, a black n64 w/ hookups, and about 10 n64 carts) and was hit with "I can't let it go for less than 100". Didn't really make sense to me but I figured most of that was coming from the n64 console...the games for it were ok but nothing special (Mario 64, Yoshi's Story type stuff) so I said, how about just the PSX games. That worked, and the price was $45 or about $2 each. I had $40 left, and it was taken. Nice!

This probably wasn't the best deal I could've gotten here but the woman was kind of being a hardass and the negotiations were already going on for what felt like forever. There's a few stinkers in the bunch but I kept them for the sake of the bundle. Looking these up, FF7 and Suikoden have really taken a hit in terms of value thanks to PSN, and Star Ocean of course had a PSP remake, so this isn't quite the amazing find it would've been in the past. But anyway, I'm excited to add some of these to my collection (and to make most of my money back flipping the ones I already have.)

Most are complete and mint. Some notes:
- FF7 is missing disc 3 :bomb:
- GT2, Monster Rancher 2, and Gauntlet 2 are missing manuals
- Digimon World includes the trading card
- Tomb Raider Chronicles is sealed

Nice to end the season on a high note, though the sales will probably continue a few more weeks.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Cheap Wii games of questionable quality.
[/QUOTE]

If you're a fan, the Simpsons game is very enjoyable (played it through with my daughter on the 360).

Sweet finds! I always seem to go out of the season with a wimper rather than a bang :whistle2:(

Damn...no Saturday garage sales for me for the next 4 weeks. Work this Saturday, Lego store next one, out of town the following two. Maybe I should go on some Sunday ones instead, even though there aren't as much.

[quote name='schultzed']If you're a fan, the Simpsons game is very enjoyable (played it through with my daughter on the 360).

Sweet finds! I always seem to go out of the season with a wimper rather than a bang :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Thanks. It doesn't get much better than PSX RPG's!
I forgot, but I actually do have The Simpsons Game for 360 - from Sears clearance I think. Probably beats the Wii version though, I'll have to set aside some time for it.

Those games for the Wii aren't that crappy, you could have done a lot worse. Excite truck is definitely not crappy. Those 3 are at least playable, or they would be for me.

But if you are looking to sell its amazing the hit that Wii games are taking on ebay, probably due to the flood of people selling them off because basically no one plays Wii anymore. Though some of it is probably due to the Nintendo Selects being released. I feel like I am the only one still playing it. I picked up excite truck for about $6 shipped on ebay and it was like brand new. Don't forget that people were paying $50 for that one at the Wii's launch.

I hate The Simpsons and the game (the old arcade one was great, though) and fishing games are way boring, but Excite Truck is awesome. Still need to get a copy of that for myself. A lot of people are getting bored with the Wii because nothing is coming out for it anymore. Not even shovelware! Just like Sony with the PSP, all of their attention is focused on the next console. But on an up note, now is the perfect time for people to catch up on all of the games they've missed out on. As for me...I'm spending most of my time working through my X360 backlog right now, but my Wii is far from neglected and I don't plan on giving up on it anytime soon.

Not many sales left. Hopefully the weather will generate more sales this weekend.

Monopoly Golf Game
1980 RISK game
$1 each (not worth anything :cry:)

9b9181a6.jpg

a81be12a.jpg

Smurf Picture Record (complete) $1 (I know I have one of these, but this one is complete).

b01dc496.jpg

Lord if the Rings 3D puzzle. $1 (this is a good one I think) :D

a918862a.jpg

My only game find. $1 (I think I have 7 or 8 of these now. I am in the process of getting my game collection on shelves, so I can start thinning it out).

The CD was .50 Japanese import. The only one I can find like it is $29 on some website, so that is a nice bonus. ;)

82ea92d8.jpg

These board game finds I keep seeing people post are really nice, every time I see board games they look like the box has been used as a dog toy or seat cover...

[quote name='slowdive21']Lord if the Rings 3D puzzle. $1 (this is a good one I think) :D

a918862a.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, I didn't even know there was an Orthanc Puzz3D.

[quote name='slowdive21']Monopoly Golf Game
1980 RISK game
$1 each (not worth anything :cry:)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, unfortunately, board games usually aren't worth much. It seems like they would be, but they're just so over-produced I guess. They're fun to find, though!

[quote name='ZombieToast']I hate The Simpsons and the game (the old arcade one was great, though) and fishing games are way boring, but Excite Truck is awesome. Still need to get a copy of that for myself. A lot of people are getting bored with the Wii because nothing is coming out for it anymore. Not even shovelware! Just like Sony with the PSP, all of their attention is focused on the next console. But on an up note, now is the perfect time for people to catch up on all of the games they've missed out on. As for me...I'm spending most of my time working through my X360 backlog right now, but my Wii is far from neglected and I don't plan on giving up on it anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I am doing with the Wii, since most of the games are cheap now, and almost all of them can be had for under $30 used on ebay its a great time to get the games. I don't buy games for $50 when they first come out so I never got any of the Wii's big releases. Time to get them now, for around $10-12 each or less. Now if only Super Smash bros and Mario Kart would go Nintendo Selects. I now have a Wii collection that looks the same as someone's who bought every single game at the game's launch and paid full price. There is also fortune street, a new kirby game, that go vacation game and a new fishing game not to mention Skyward Sword coming out for the Wii and these titles will probably come in before the holidays.

I really don't see any reason to give up on my Wii, its impossible to play every single game that comes out right when it comes out at least for me. Despite what people say I always seem to find something I want to play on a console. I think a lot of people get bored with systems because they think new games will magically appear in their house for them to play, they don't actually go out and buy games for the systems. In order to get the most out of any gaming system you have to look at the library of the whole system and actually somehow obtain games for it. You can't have the same library of games for 2-3 years and expect not to get bored. Now granted the Wii does have quite a lot of shovelware much more than the average system, and probably only about 20% of the Wii's entire library are games that are worth playing so I do see where the complaints come from.

I have never owned an Xbox 360 or the Original Xbox but I am getting the modern warfare console when it comes out, so I will have the entire Xbox 360's backlog to contend with, of which I have more than 200 games on my want list. Needless to say... I will be busy for awhile!!!!

Yeah, because the system has such a wide range appeal, there has been an insane amount of shovelware, which doesn't bother me in the slightest. Unfortunately, it makes the Wii look bad in some people's eyes; they seem to be unable to recognize a lot of the great titles that are available. Nintendo's first-party franchises may be old, but they never stop being fun and clever. Make me play two Call of Duty games in a row and I'll be bored as hell, but make me play 10 Mario games and I'll have a blast. A lot of people are really missing out on some good stuff because of their negative perceptions. But hey, at least I'm happy with what's available.

It would be fantastic if Mario Kart and Smash Bros. became Selects sometime before Christmas. I doubt Mario Kart will, though, because they're still trying to sell those bundles. But still, it'd be nice because although I have copies of those games, I want legal retail versions to go on my shelf (I would also be more likely to play them). Oh well, I'm patient. By the way, I believe those other games you mentioned are indeed supposed to release before Christmas. It's possible that Fortune Street and/or Go Vacation could get delayed, but there's no reason to expect that at the moment.

Have fun catching up on all of the Xbox games! I got mine three years ago, I think, and I still haven't caught up. Between full retail and XBLA, I have over 200 games for that system...I've played through about half of them so far and there are still quite a few titles that I need to pick up. This is why I wish game developers would just take a break for about a year. Heh.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Yeah, unfortunately, board games usually aren't worth much. It seems like they would be, but they're just so over-produced I guess. They're fun to find, though![/QUOTE]

The Risk you want is this one:

Of course, sealed would be best.

hitting a few tomorrow, I've been limited to $30 the last few weeks so I won't be able to hit many. I usually don't sell anything but duplicate games but I have recently started buying Magic cards and selling them on ebay when I find them at yard sales / flea markets. They actually fetch decent money and I have flipped cards I get for a dime for $40 and the last collection I bought for $15 netted me $80 profit, though I kept most of the cards because they aren't worth anything. Here's hoping I get something good tomorrow and some cards to pay for it!

[quote name='ZombieToast']What's so special about that one?[/QUOTE]

OOP and the minatures . . . not really sure, but I sold a sealed copy (picked for a buck or two) for $80 on Amazon.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Yeah, because the system has such a wide range appeal, there has been an insane amount of shovelware, which doesn't bother me in the slightest. Unfortunately, it makes the Wii look bad in some people's eyes; they seem to be unable to recognize a lot of the great titles that are available. Nintendo's first-party franchises may be old, but they never stop being fun and clever. Make me play two Call of Duty games in a row and I'll be bored as hell, but make me play 10 Mario games and I'll have a blast. A lot of people are really missing out on some good stuff because of their negative perceptions. But hey, at least I'm happy with what's available.

It would be fantastic if Mario Kart and Smash Bros. became Selects sometime before Christmas. I doubt Mario Kart will, though, because they're still trying to sell those bundles. But still, it'd be nice because although I have copies of those games, I want legal retail versions to go on my shelf (I would also be more likely to play them). Oh well, I'm patient. By the way, I believe those other games you mentioned are indeed supposed to release before Christmas. It's possible that Fortune Street and/or Go Vacation could get delayed, but there's no reason to expect that at the moment.

Have fun catching up on all of the Xbox games! I got mine three years ago, I think, and I still haven't caught up. Between full retail and XBLA, I have over 200 games for that system...I've played through about half of them so far and there are still quite a few titles that I need to pick up. This is why I wish game developers would just take a break for about a year. Heh.[/QUOTE]

I suppose if developers took a break then games wouldn't drop in price as fast because there would be more demands for the current games that are out, this would be bad and then there would be more complaining that nothing is coming out. I guess people just sit home for an entire day and play a game, that is how they finish so many. You really don't have to play Call of Duty or Halo on the Xbox, there is a whole library of other titles, honestly I could probably keep myself busy for months or possibly even a year with Oblivion, Morrowind and Skyrim alone. I know I mentioned the MW3 console, I just want it cause the bundle is a good deal since I have no xbox stuff and it looks cool (I love silver), I have no intentions of playing COD and I will just sell the game after I get the bundle, the bundle works out to be a good deal after I sell the game. I won't have to ever buy a new release with the Xbox360, because there is plenty already out and I can take advantage of GOTY editions that include extra content.

I won't be getting those new Wii releases right away so again plenty of time to wait for price drops. There is also Bit Trip complete for the Wii as well, which recently came out. The regular DS is honestly at its pinnacle right now with DQM 2, Kirby Mass attack and a couple other really good games releasing by the holidays. If there is one system I have played the crap out of its the DS, I have also finished many games on the DS. I might get some more selects at the holidays if amazon has a good deal on them over Black Friday.

I am sure I will easily amass a library of a couple hundred for Xbox, I already have like 50 games and I don't even own the system yet which is crazy I know!

I've been following this thread for a long time now, it's one of my favorites on CAG. Love seeing what you guys get. My buddy and I are going to do some yardsailing tomorrow, can any of you guys give me some tips? In particular one of you guys who actively go and know what to expect/carry/etc?

24axrh3.jpg

Well, I went out today and managed to snag all of these for $5. Not too bad I'd say. Plus FF7 was the misprinted edition. Too bad the market took such a dive thanks to PSN.

[quote name='dodgeme']
Plus FF7 was the misprinted edition. Too bad the market took such a dive thanks to PSN.[/QUOTE]

Can you guys fill me in on the misprint? How much does it affect the value? Is it only on black label or is it also on GH versions?

I found out I missed out on a Stadium Events cartridge today. :bomb: Of course it came with a 400 game lot according to the seller. He said they guy paid $2,000 for all the games ($5 per game).

[quote name='slowdive21']Can you guys fill me in on the misprint? How much does it affect the value? Is it only on black label or is it also on GH versions?

I found out I missed out on a Stadium Events cartridge today. :bomb: Of course it came with a 400 game lot according to the seller. He said they guy paid $2,000 for all the games ($5 per game).[/QUOTE]

Dude I would be so pissed off. I fell for you man. You do have to admit that guy got a good deal though.

I don't think I did too badly today:

Platinum GameCube w/ 2 wired controllers & memory card
Games included:
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One (case only)
Finding Nemo (case & manual)
Shark Tale (case & manual)
Scooby Doo: Night of 100 Frights (case & manual)
Robots (case & manual)
Lego Star Wars (case only)
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (case only)

All for $30 - the seller is looking for 3 more games (GoldenEye, Call of Duty 1, & Mario Kart Double Dash) that she will bring over to my in-laws when she finds them (she lives across the street)

2 portable Leapster systems w/ 2 games (Mr. Pencil's Learn & Draw & Animal Genius) - $20 (she had the systems marked $15/ea but had no charge adapter, talked her down to $20 total & bought an adapter for $10 - both work flawlessly) - she said she had other games for the Leapsters & will bring those to my in-laws as well

Baq of Lego Hero Factory pieces - $2 (she said all the pieces were there for 2 figures & was 99% sure that they were never put together, my son loves Lego Hero Factory so it was a no-brainer)

Queen-size memory foam mattress topper - $20 (wife wanted one of these so badly for our bed, lady had it priced for $35)

It was the 3rd day of the sale, made the mistake of telling me she wanted stuff gone. Funny stories on the GameCube:

- I was going through a box of stuff and came across a blue frosted N64 controller with a 3rd party rumble pak attached. She asked me if it was a GameCube controller and I told her what it was. She says, "Oh, I have a GameCube the kids don't play anymore I should bring up..." She brings up a box with one game and the system, I ask if there are anymore games. While waiting, some old guy comes up and starts asking questions about games, lady's mother says that she's looking for games for me to go with the GameCube. Asks me what I'm looking for, I say GC/Wii/360 games, he shrugs and walks off. Lady's mom has the balls to tell me I was scaring away potential customers who might have bought the system... Hey, I just asked what games she had...

- She bundles everything up and tells me how much she paid for everything at GameStop (sorry, lady, I ain't paying GS prices) and hits me with the $30 for everything plus any games she finds while cleaning out the basement which includes Mario Kart Double Dash (which she says her brother paid $25 for at GS a Christmas or two ago)...

I think I did well, the controllers go for $5-7 a piece, the memory card is probably a couple of bucks, & the games she had with it are maybe $2-3 each (and if she finds MKDD that'll really be worth it!)

Sorry for the long post, don't know how to "spoiler" stuff...

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']Dude I would be so pissed off. I fell for you man. You do have to admit that guy got a good deal though.[/QUOTE]

Sure he might have gotten a good deal, but buying 400 games at once takes away the thrill of the hunt, which is half the fun :bouncy:

[quote name='mr_bungle']I've been following this thread for a long time now, it's one of my favorites on CAG. Love seeing what you guys get. My buddy and I are going to do some yardsailing tomorrow, can any of you guys give me some tips? In particular one of you guys who actively go and know what to expect/carry/etc?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, be sure to take some hand sanitizer! :razz:

Seriously though, someone asked this same question a couple of weeks ago. Go to page 108 of this thread for advice. My contribution is post #2147.

Happy hunting! \\:D/

[quote name='slowdive21']Can you guys fill me in on the misprint? How much does it affect the value? Is it only on black label or is it also on GH versions?

I found out I missed out on a Stadium Events cartridge today. :bomb: Of course it came with a 400 game lot according to the seller. He said they guy paid $2,000 for all the games ($5 per game).[/QUOTE]

As far as I know the Masterpiece misprints aren't that big of a deal anymore; though you might want to keep an eye out for any Final Fantasy 7's sealed that are half Black Label and half Greatest Hits.

Not much to report for today (one find that I'll pic in a day or two) and tomorrow is pretty much shot with an obligation :whistle2:(

I did have one cool thing happen today. I was planning on going to my local library for a book sale. They have had a sign posted about it for a few weeks. The sign advertised an 11 am start. I happened to look up the sale on the book sale website (where book sellers look for postings) and there it said it started at 2 pm. I love going to these sales but the local competition is heavy and usually the shelves are all scouted out after 15 min.

When I got there, there were shoppers but no other book sellers . . . I had an hour to myself to scout for books before some local book rivals showed up.

And its not that I scored all that much (its a pretty small sale) but mostly it was just nice to look without the vultures being present.

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']What if they were FUN games?[/QUOTE]

the only way you could possibly have fun with 400 games is if you somehow acquired 400 copies of Shaq Fu :cool:

http://www.game-rave.com/psx/playstation_perfect_guide/releasedgames/final_fantasy_vii/index.html

Good page with info on the misprints/variants of FF7. Also good info on a lot of other games' odd variants.

Went to about 5 sales today. One had a small bucket with a Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, and around 5 Game Boy games inside. I asked how much for the Game Boy Pocket and the game "Atomic Punk" and she said $5. I got it for $2.

Ugh, today was nasty. I has my list ready to go with three to four game heavy stops when I start my car and get a nice burnt rubber smell and engine rattle. I'm betting the timing belt is going bad, so the only shopping I'll do for awhile is parts.

I did manage to hoof it to two or three sales in my immediate neighborhood...hahah, the first one had a reseller going over a box of CDs. Though I recognized the guy in a "shouldn't you be at the flea market in the next town over kind of way" I didn't mess with him since he usually charges only a $1.50 per cd.

At another sale there was an elderly man with games, fairly unusual for my area; yet his selection of power supplies and genesis fodder got me thinking "Ah, reseller again?" I offered him $3 on Phalanx CIB in average / stickered shape and he wouldn't budge from $4. It's so common I just had to pass.

As much as I love finding games and going to yard sales, I don't have the discipline to get up so early. But this morning, I use the yard sale excuse to get up early, and once done with that, to study for my exam on monday.

Got to only 1 yard sale, asked for vid games, the son of the couple running the sale said he has some NES and N64 games at home 30 mins away which he went to get.

Didn't now much about NES titles, and he wanted between $3-$5 each. Picked out Monopoly, Startropics 1 & 2, Yoshi's Cookie and Megaman 2 for $11. Guess I overpaid according to the yardsaling standards here. =/

Only VG deals I saw was at this little weekly yard sale area today, I've never been but since I was out yardsailing I figured why not? Saw about 50-60 NES games for $2 apiece but nothing really of value. The guy also had a CIB 32x but wanted 40 bucks for it, said no thanks. Tried to tell me one like it was 150 new and that if we could find a legend of Zelda for NES we'd be doing good because a new one cost 17,000 dollars...I was like really dude? Also he kept trying to tell me the NES games were 99 dollars new on the Internet, I mean surely this guy knows games have evolved since the NES days and new games were only 60 bucks...

Pokemon Fire Red for the GBA for free :)

took a bit of cleaning but I got it working too!

That and some old sci fi novels in a big box of books my sister got.

Forgot I bought these not that long ago in a lot of big box games for $2. Didn't really want them all but bought because I saw the elder scrolls. Didn't know they had such value though.

2cick95.jpg

I have Daggerfall on ebay and with 6 days left it's at $30. Looks like it could run up to 60-80 based on what others have done and Arena has ended on ebay between 50 - 100 so that will be going up when I clean it up a little bit. It is missing the guide. I guess I'll start looking out for old big box games lol.

[quote name='CAG90210']As much as I love finding games and going to yard sales, I don't have the discipline to get up so early. But this morning, I use the yard sale excuse to get up early, and once done with that, to study for my exam on monday.

Got to only 1 yard sale, asked for vid games, the son of the couple running the sale said he has some NES and N64 games at home 30 mins away which he went to get.

Didn't now much about NES titles, and he wanted between $3-$5 each. Picked out Monopoly, Startropics 1 & 2, Yoshi's Cookie and Megaman 2 for $11. Guess I overpaid according to the yardsaling standards here. =/[/QUOTE]

As long as you can make your money back you're doing okay in my book, and the last two games there have your tab covered.

Fortunately my brother was around to change the serpentine belt on my car--turned out not to be an emergency, but whatever. While heading out to price-check parts I was able to hit a 12 o'clock sale and "change the suck around."

GBA SP Silver

Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA)
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Pokemon Crystal
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Leaf Green
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Sapphire
Sonic Advance 2
Super Mario Advance 2
Super Mario Advance 3
Spyro 2: Season of Flame

Fallout 3: Game of The Year Edition (Xbox360, Complete)

All for $30.

This sale was fun, being that it was in one of those Cul-de-sac low traffic courts which you sometimes find in suburbia. Even though my CD flea market nemesis (who I had seen earlier in the morning) was AT THIS SALE AS WELL, he seemed completely oblivious / on dope when it came to the-treasure-box-of-gba-games-on-the-ground (about 30, but some weren't worth $2 each if you get my drift). There was however a black lady on crutches who was poking around so I let her pick out a gameboy color system, another GBA SP, and one game. Always good to spread the wealth when it means avoiding competition ;)

[quote name='mr_bungle']Only VG deals I saw was at this little weekly yard sale area today, I've never been but since I was out yardsailing I figured why not? Saw about 50-60 NES games for $2 apiece but nothing really of value. The guy also had a CIB 32x but wanted 40 bucks for it, said no thanks. Tried to tell me one like it was 150 new and that if we could find a legend of Zelda for NES we'd be doing good because a new one cost 17,000 dollars...I was like really dude? Also he kept trying to tell me the NES games were 99 dollars new on the Internet, I mean surely this guy knows games have evolved since the NES days and new games were only 60 bucks...[/QUOTE]

$40 for a 32X isn't super crazy considering market prices, but I'd share your sentiments (does it work, and yeah there's the part about it being a POS :lol: )

Oh man, you should have asked him how competitive his Buy Price would be on a Legend of Zelda cart; that usually derails the jackass express (and you'd be surprised at how fast some of these dealers will back-pedal)

Another thing you can try with guys like this (if they're all about the volume) is trade some common crap games for an uncommon/non-Mario game. That way you don't have to pay them their ridiculous prices and they can have their storefront filled with early ps2 DDRs for $7 each.

[quote name='dodgeme']Forgot I bought these not that long ago in a lot of big box games for $2. Didn't really want them all but bought because I saw the elder scrolls. Didn't know they had such value though.

I have Daggerfall on ebay and with 6 days left it's at $30. Looks like it could run up to 60-80 based on what others have done and Arena has ended on ebay between 50 - 100 so that will be going up when I clean it up a little bit. It is missing the guide. I guess I'll start looking out for old big box games lol.[/QUOTE]
I love those PC big boxes. I got a complete No One Lives Forever GOTY with the bonus guide for $5 a few weeks ago.

Apparently my dad* had a good find. I didn't go out today, but he told me about it over the phone.

*My Mom said she saw it first, which is probably true considering my Dad can't find something even if it is at eye level!

I will post it with the rest of this weeks finds.

Was an okay day.

Got a PS2 Slim for 7.

NES games for 50 cents each + 2 controllers for an additional 50 cents.
Excitebike
Mario 1
Mario 2
Mario 3
Iron Sword 2
Kid Niki Radical Ninja

Well today I thought was a bust. Only bought games at one sale. I asked and the guy brought out a crate of SUper Nintendo games. I get excited seeing every Mario SNES game and Zelda A Link to the Past, and ask how much. He says he wasn't thinking about selling them but now that he thinks about it, GameStop would probably give him $1 each for the other games and $3-$5 each for Marios and Zelda, and proceeds to pull all of the Mario and Zelda games out as not for sale. I look through what's there and decide to try a 5 for $3 deal and pull out...

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3
Kirby Super Star
Star Fox

But the Star ox label is junk, so I decide to dig a little more and see if there's anything else. I find a game that I remember seeing on a list, but I'm not sure about, for sure, but I decide to ditch Star Fox and put this in instead on a chance. I just got home and looked it up and am now overjoyed. Let him keep his Marios and Zelda, because the game he didn't pull out was...

Earthbound.

In good condition too with just a little stuff on the front, but nothing on the label. Easy to clean. And I asked him about it and he game me the 5 for $3 deal. At that point I did tell him GameStop won't take Super Nintendo.

^^ Nice haul. It is sad to me to see so many people who find Earthbounds in the wild have absolutely no interest in the game other than value.

Oh I'm interested, but I need money more than another game to play (especially during this super busy fall season). But I have to test it out before I sell it, and I'm thinking I might spend a bit of time with it.

I'm still hunting Earthbound. It's rare game. Very hard to catch in the wild. Maybe one day... after I get Harvest Moon from my long lost brother Mr. Burton over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back