Official Amazon.com Trade-In Deal/FAQ Thread: Extra $30 for $60 worth of trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

disillusion386

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
Trade in Games and Get an Extra $30 Toward Your Next Video Games Purchase (EXPIRES 08/31/09)
Submit a video game trade-in order with a total value of $60 or more in our Video Games Trade-In store before August 31, 2009 and in addition to your Amazon.com Gift Card, you'll receive an extra $30 credit to use toward a video game or accessory purchase in the Video Games store. Limit one discount per qualifying order.
Details:
-To qualify for the $30 credit, you must create a trade-in order during the promotion period (July 19, 2009 - August 31, 2009). Items must be postmarked no later than September 7, 2009 to qualify.
-In the case of multiple trade-in orders, the coupon code will be given for each qualifying order that is received.
-Coupon code applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com in the Amazon.com Video Games store.
-Trade-in submissions not accepted and returned to you do not qualify for the promotion. Your trade-in submission could be returned to you if the items are damaged or non-working, incorrect items are included in your package, or accessories such as artwork or manuals are missing. Any submission postmarked later than 7 days after a mailing label is printed will be returned to you automatically. You should receive returned games within 14 days of receipt via the U.S. Postal Service.
-Qualifying customers will be emailed their coupon code within 10 days after their trade-in has been accepted.
-Coupon valid for all video game products sold by Amazon.com in the Video Games store.
-Coupon code applies only to items shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to items sold by other merchants on the Amazon.com Web site. Does not apply to any products purchased in Amazon.com's other sites, including Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, or Amazon.co.jp, or in Marketplace.
-Coupon code applies to the lowest priced qualifying item.
-Coupon code valid on purchases ordered before 12/31/09.
-Applies only to complete orders shipping to a single address that meet all other promotional requirements.
-No substitutions or rain checks.
-Offer must be redeemed through the Shopping Cart. Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.
-Tax, shipping, and handling charges may apply to all products.
-Offer may not be combined with other offers, including promotional certificates.
-Void where prohibited.
-Limit one discount per household, per qualifying order.

Trade-In(s) of the Day
:ds: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - $16.00
:ds: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All - $13.00
:ds: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - $13.00

If you have not used the previous trade-in deal coupon (50% off on a game or accessory), here is a list of big-ticket items that qualify (thanks to Japakneez):

[quote name='Japakneez']**UPDATED 7/26/09**

Here are some items that work with Amazon promo coupons. Last day to redeem Amazons 50% off coupon is 8/31/09. Some items on sale. Click on links to see latest price and promotions.

:ps3:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2K10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$120 Tony Hawk Ride Bundle
$120 DJ Hero with Turntable
$120 Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$200 Band Hero Superbundle
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:360:
$100 NBA 2k10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$140 Hori Real Arcade Pro EX-SE (all Seimitsu parts)
$160 120gb Hard Drive
$200 Turtle Beach Ear Force X4
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:wii:
$90 Wii Fit
$??? Wii Fit Plus
$250 Rock Band Beatles

[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest USPS Post Office and mail it by (one week from submission of trade).

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

If you are concerned about the reliability of Media Mail, you may send the games yourself and pay for postage. The address to send the games is:
NorAm International
43 Broad st. C403
Hudson MA 01749

FAQ

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
USPS Media Mail

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
Yes. If you’re worried about your package, definitely take advantage of these shipping options. You’ll just have to pay a little extra to ship your games. NOTE: There have been cases where the post office doesn’t allow adding these options on prepaid shipping labels, but try anyway or go to a different post office.

I don't trust Media Mail. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
43 Broad st. C403
Hudson, MA 01749

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit in 3 to 5 business days, however.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the trade-in deal?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however. On the other hand, older gen games, such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 10 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that it might still raise red flags. No one has reported attempting this so we do not know for sure. 2 to 3 copies of a game should be okay, but more than that is pushing it. Also, keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always edit or cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
Yes.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Does the ECA discount stack with the trade-in deal coupon?
Yes.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Taboner']I can just ship to the same address from the accounts though, right?[/QUOTE]

I don't see where that would be any problem at all. That's less suspicious than what I was doing. :) Like the other poster, I just didn't want to have to wait to get the items from my family members.

Mine hasn't updated yet. Hoping the Ions will be in mine. If they're not I'm just going to order them so I can have them on Friday. I can't go the weekend without them.

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']haha i got the toilet paper too in my goldbox... and i see your blood pressure monitor...

and raise you...

30 pack fertility test sticks.... and i'm a guy...:whistle2:s
[/QUOTE]

Me, from 7/23:
WHAT IS THIS? Replacement electric toothbrush heads, crest white stripes, replacement gillette razor blades, baby wipes and the coup de grace, FERTILITY MONITOR TEST STICKS

Ok so either A: We're all trying to get the same game(s) into our goldbox and this crap is somehow related or B: A few of these items that are generating are coming up for no reason at all, and this is some kind of advertisement?

[quote name='NDPsycho']That's exactly what I did. I submitted trades under two other family members accounts from different cities. When they got their codes, I decided what I wanted them to order, figured out how much the difference was going to be, sent them an Amazon gift card from me to them to cover the difference and had them place the order with the item shipped directly to me. Doesn't appear to be a problem.[/QUOTE]

wait so cant I just ship all 3 to me. Who says I cant?

On a side note, my gold box is getting slightly more gamey recently. i got ea sports active and ghostbusters bluray this time.

If you guys really want to manipulate the goldbox. Just fix you recomendations so that only game stuff, or what you want is in there. Thats what I did and now I'm actually getting video game related things. Albeit Wii and DS. I'm hoping for a TE stick

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']If you guys really want to manipulate the goldbox. Just fix you recomendations so that only game stuff, or what you want is in there. Thats what I did and now I'm actually getting video game related things. Albeit Wii and DS. I'm hoping for a TE stick[/QUOTE]

Tried it. Tried it for the past week, still no go. I've looked at numerous sites detailing how to get items into your goldbox just to make sure I'm not overlooking something.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']wait so cant I just ship all 3 to me. Who says I cant?

QUOTE]

Maybe we're not talking about the same things. I was referring to the 50% off code. Since it was one per household. I was confirming that I had the trade in and codes sent to three different accounts with different billing addresses, but then had all three shipped to my current address when I ordered something....

[quote name='NDPsycho'][quote name='V4oLDbOY']wait so cant I just ship all 3 to me. Who says I cant?

QUOTE]

Maybe we're not talking about the same things. I was referring to the 50% off code. Since it was one per household. I was confirming that I had the trade in and codes sent to three different accounts with different billing addresses, but then had all three shipped to my current address when I ordered something....[/QUOTE]

ok thats what I meant. I sent 3 trade ins on 3 different accounts with 3 different adresses. So you just mailed them to yourself?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY'][quote name='NDPsycho']

ok thats what I meant. I sent 3 trade ins on 3 different accounts with 3 different adresses. So you just mailed them to yourself?[/QUOTE]

Yes, when checking out under each account, you can change the shipping address. The shipping and billing address do not have to match, otherwise you could never send gifts to anyone else.

I haven't received anything yet, since two of the three are pre-orders, but the orders were accepted and I see no reason why they should have a problem with it.

[quote name='Wrong']All the items had "Rejected - Missing Packaging."

edit: One was Pokemon Gold (GBC) - it was just the cartridge[/QUOTE]

Wow, that really is surprising. I mean, does anyone sell used GBC games with boxes? I have a feeling you got someone processing your games who isn't very knowledgeable about them and went "by the book" instead of using common sense.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Lucky. I thought there was only one code per person/household. I could have gotten a second code (not that I have got my first, I am still waiting... mailed on the 18th). I'm having a hard time deciding between The Beatles: Rock Band, Ion Drumset or The Beatles Mono Box Set.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Japakneez']I created a second account with a different address. Takes less than 5 minutes to do so ;) The 50% code is great...but i practically have everything im interested in. [/QUOTE]

I posted this before, but just to see what would happen I submitted a second trade under my wife's account - clearly with the same address. They sent her a 50% off code too - so, so much for the 1 per household limit. I wonder if anyone tried 2 $50 submissions on the same account - I bet they would have gotten 2 codes also! My question is do you even have to use the code on that account. Can't you use it on the same account (for different orders, obviously)? The thing is I have most of my credit on my account. I'd prefer just to use it there and let her use the trade credit to buy other stuff.

[quote name='Japakneez']Hey guys just checking out my GOLD BOX! Lets see what i gots in here...

a Blood Pressure Monitor
a 48 pack of Toilet Paper (which comes out to $52 btw)
and the movie soundtrack to MAMMA MIA!

SWEET!

[/QUOTE]

DAMMIT! I have nice stuff in my Gold Box like DDS 1 and Devil Survivor. But the fucking ECA won't let me check out and purchase my membership and I don't want to buy them without the code. I can verify my email and get the code in my "cart" but there's no option to checkout or purchase. And apparently it has been this way for a few days with no indication of any problems posted on the site. That's just stupid.

Edit - Ooh, now it appears to be working, sweet! Ordered DDS 1 for $25.49 in Amazon trade-in credit ;). Devli Survivor would be the same price but I think I'll wait to get that used at GS later (and cheaper, hopefully).

Just got my Amazon 50% off coupon code (was credited on Monday).

Time to sign up for ECA and get my Prestige edition! Although I really do want DJ hero...

[quote name='io']My question is do you even have to use the code on that account. Can't you use it on the same account (for different orders, obviously)? The thing is I have most of my credit on my account. I'd prefer just to use it there and let her use the trade credit to buy other stuff.
[/QUOTE]

I also had this thought and tested it out a few days ago. The 50% code from my extra account seems to work fine when i am logged in to my original account. I didn't go through with the purchase, but it does appear that the 50% codes are not tied to the account that earned it.

[quote name='io']
DAMMIT! I have nice stuff in my Gold Box like DDS 1 and Devil Survivor. But the fucking ECA won't let me check out and purchase my membership and I don't want to buy them without the code. [/QUOTE]

I still have my college email. I'm strongly considering ECA but still kinda weary after reading about the technical issues. I also don't like spending $15 outta my pocket for it. Wish there was a way to use credit from flips :lol:

[quote name='Japakneez']
I still have my college email. I'm strongly considering ECA but still kinda weary after reading about the technical issues. I also don't like spending $15 outta my pocket for it. Wish there was a way to use credit from flips :lol:[/QUOTE]

Funny about the college account. I thought I was out of luck on that as it has been a long time since I was in grad school. But then I remembered I am still getting my old .edu email forwarded to my current email account. I signed up with that and only had to pay the $15 which was nice. I've already saved $3 on one order and for sure will make up for it with my other 50% coupon (another reason why I want to use it on the same account - though, actually, my ECA and Amazon emails don't match anyway - I hope that won't be a problem later), not to mention the $30 coupons once they come in.

While I was reluctant to buy it before this Amazon trade-in thing happened (since, at most, I have ordered 3 or 4 cheap games a year from there in the past), it is a no-brainer with all this trade-in credit and promo codes that have to be used at Amazon anyway.

I got two 50 percent off code. One on my account and one on my girls account. Not sure what to get.I already have a TE for the 360 and a HRAP 2:SA for the PS2/PS3. I'm thinking of getting the
Tekken 6 bundle for either system, the HRAP:SE, HRAP:SA, modern warfare prestige edition, and i dont know what else to get. I have till the 31st to decide. Im hoping the fix the G25 glitch so I can get wheel for gran turismo.

for the 50% coupon when must it be used? Mine should be emailed today or tomorrow... Also what items would be worth getting, only thing I can think of is Cod hardend or prestige (sell the nvgs). Not sure what else to use it on,

I don't know if this is "news" or not, because I'm too lazy to flip back through previous pages, but I received two $30 off codes overnight. They came in the same email and the codes were just separated by a comma.

So, you can definitely get a $30 off code for each trade-in that meets or exceeds $60.

EDIT: To clarify, it looked like this:

Promotional code: "XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX,XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX"

Unfortunately, I just tried using the first code (the one listed before the comma) and it didn't work. However, the second one did. All the instances of the word "code" in the email are singular, not plural... so maybe that's just some sort of glitch that inserted another, already used code in there.... don't know.

In any event, I'm going to wait til tomorrow and see if I receive another code via email (my trades were sent in one day apart) before checking into it.

Anybody get an email like that with two codes separated by a comma?

Last edited by a moderator:
So i did this deal twice. 50% off coupon Deal.

Two different accounts and addresses.

FIrst one on my account was processed fine.

Second one on my GFs account, I submitted the trade July 5th and shipped it on the 8th.

I have yet to hear back from them about them receiving anything..

Starting to get worried.. What do you guys suggest?

[quote name='mwaarna']So i did this deal twice. 50% off coupon Deal.

Second one on my GFs account, I submitted the trade July 5th and shipped it on the 8th.

Starting to get worried.. What do you guys suggest?[/QUOTE]

You shipped it over 20 days ago and still haven't heard word!?!?

Call Amazon and inquire...no doubt about it.

Which reminds me, I'd suggest adding Delivery Confirmation to any submissions from now on. Trust me, the extra $.40 or whatever it is, is worth it when we're talking $90+ trade-ins.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']You shipped it over 20 days ago and still haven't heard word!?!?

Call Amazon and inquire...no doubt about it.

Which reminds me, I'd suggest adding Delivery Confirmation to any submissions from now on. Trust me, the extra $.40 or whatever it is, is worth it when we're talking $90+ trade-ins.[/QUOTE]

It is 80 cents, but still well worth it. I put it on anything I'm trading over $50 or so. Then you have a little more info before calling about it. For example, if it shows it has been delivered for a few days, then you definitely get on their case. If DC does not show delivery, then you wait it out or assume it is lost (once it hits 3 or 4 weeks).

[quote name='mwaarna']So i did this deal twice. 50% off coupon Deal.

Starting to get worried.. What do you guys suggest?[/QUOTE]

I actually had something very similar happen, although it hasn't been as long. I shipped mine out around the 16th and haven't heard anything. Other trade ins took 5-6 days, so I figure something got messed up. I emailed amazon's customer service about it (I knew they'd tell me to wait longer, but I figured i'd get a record on my account about it early) and they said to wait a full month from ship date and then, if I still have heard nothing, email them back.

Sucks, yes, but it's comforting to hear that "email us back" at the end. Gives me the impression that they'll look into it if it is in fact gone. Amazon's customer service has always been great to me in the past, so I'm holding out hope that they'll make it right.

EDIT: Holy crap. You're not gonna believe this, but AS I WAS TYPING THAT UP, I got an email saying that my trade in has been received. PRAISE JEEBUS! Check your email dude!

It sucks so many people are having problems. I haven't had a single issue. I have got the $75 off console coupon, 2 50% codes, and 3 $30 off codes. I have used the same account and have traded in as many as 5 of one title at a time. Just make sure to pack your items well (and of course make sure they are in great condition ...no stickers, damage to outer case and with manual). This has been one great promotion for me.

[quote name='almasy82']It sucks so many people are having problems. I haven't had a single issue. I have got the $75 off console coupon, 2 50% codes, and 3 $30 off codes. I have used the same account and have traded in as many as 5 of one title at a time. Just make sure to pack your items well (and of course make sure they are in great condition ...no stickers, damage to outer case and with manual). This has been one great promotion for me.[/QUOTE]

Same here...I've used good quality boxes for shipments (it costs nothing more to send a box vs a bubble envelope, so why not send it a box?) and I've had no problems...did the $75 system coupon, did the 50% off coupon, and I've done 5 trades under the $30 coupon deal under the same account...I've gotten all the $30 coupons, (3 in one email, 2 in another) and used 3 of the $30 dollar coupon codes already with no problems. But the games were in good shape and complete and clean without stickers.

Just got 2 of the last 50% coupon today (so I'm 8 for 8 and have 1 returned disc so far). I tried using it on a different account and it didn't work, so I guess the 50% is linked somehow.

Got 5 DSi (Got an extra 50 during the glitch), RB Beatles LE, SF4 TE, Tekken 6 LE, COD Prestige. ECA is a must if you're planning to buy games. I already save $70 from $15 initial investment.

I'm just gonna participate in 1 $30 promo, since I'm running out of GS credit and this Amazon promo is actually almost the same as GS tiered trade promo.

Bah. Called CS again with my issue (10 days and no code). They send me one I guess I they had sent but I hadn't even received. And when I plug it in it says coupon has already been redeemed. So gay.

**UPDATED 7/30/09**

Here are some items that work with Amazon promo coupons. Last day to redeem Amazons 50% off coupon is 8/31/09. Some items on sale. Click on links to see latest price and promotions.

:ps3:
$100 NBA 2K10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$120 Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA (all Sanwa parts)
$200 DJ Hero Renegade Edition ($120 Standard Edition)
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:360:
$100 NBA 2k10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$140 Hori Real Arcade Pro EX-SE (all Seimitsu parts)
$160 120gb Hard Drive
$200 Turtle Beach Ear Force X4
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:wii:
$90 Wii Fit
$??? Wii Fit Plus
$250 Rock Band Beatles

7/30 - Added DJ Hero Renegade

DJ HERO!!!

We finally got a price on DJ Hero Renegade. I'm very hesitant to go for it. It would cost $80 in amazon credit after 50% and ECA which is very nice. But i will be ordering without seeing reviews. I was a huge beatmania fan...even made my own controller. DJ Hero is totally different but looks fun. I'm just not sure how natural it will feel and how challenging it will be. It doesn't look like it will have online DJ battles either. And the coop seems to only be Guitar + Turntable. :(

Its interesting that the music is all original mixes (correct me if im wrong, i haven't read too much about this game). Im pretty sure the music will be hit or miss with a majority being misses. I still don't know what to do. GAH!!!

sneaky solution
Pre-order MW2 since it comes out in Nov. Then wait and read DJ Hero reviews in October. If its good call amazon to cancel MW2 and put the 50% code on DJ Hero. Risky but it might work

[quote name='Japakneez']DJ HERO!!!

We finally got a price on DJ Hero Renegade. I'm very hesitant to go for it. It would cost $80 in amazon credit after 50% and ECA which is very nice. But i will be ordering without seeing reviews. I was a huge beatmania fan...even made my own controller. DJ Hero is totally different but looks fun. I'm just not sure how natural it will feel and how challenging it will be. It doesn't look like it will have online DJ battles either. And the coop seems to only be Guitar + Turntable. :(

Its interesting that the music is all original mixes (correct me if im wrong, i haven't read too much about this game). Im pretty sure the music will be hit or miss with a majority being misses. I still don't know what to do. GAH!!!
[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard DJ hero's mixes are awesome. You can find a lot of them on their youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/djhero

IGN's Daemon Hatfield which is also a DJ says the game is looking fantastic. If it weren't for MW2: prestige edition I would've been totally all over DJ hero.

Got my last 50% coupon today, and used it immediately. So that tallies up to:

DJ Hero: Renegade- $200
Beatles: Rock Band- $250
COD:MW2:prestige- $150
---
600 bucks
-300 (50% codes)
-60 (ECA codes)
-165.25 (total credit)
---
74.75 out of pocket.

Awesome.

Hey Jap, it should be noted that Both the CEs for Batman Arkham Asylum are really $90.99 ($91 if you want to round up)...I mean it's not a huge difference, but $9 is...$9 ;)

[quote name='DrAndonuts']Got my last 50% coupon today, and used it immediately. So that tallies up to:

DJ Hero: Renegade- $200
Beatles: Rock Band- $250
COD:MW2:prestige- $150
[/QUOTE]

Thats a lot of plastic and music.

Did you use more than one code on a single account?

[quote name='almasy82']It sucks so many people are having problems. I haven't had a single issue. I have got the $75 off console coupon, 2 50% codes, and 3 $30 off codes. I have used the same account and have traded in as many as 5 of one title at a time. Just make sure to pack your items well (and of course make sure they are in great condition ...no stickers, damage to outer case and with manual). This has been one great promotion for me.[/QUOTE]

Ah, man, if I had known you could use the same account for multiple 50% coupons I would have done a few more submissions ;).

[quote name='K_G']Same here...I've used good quality boxes for shipments (it costs nothing more to send a box vs a bubble envelope, so why not send it a box?) and I've had no problems...did the $75 system coupon, did the 50% off coupon, and I've done 5 trades under the $30 coupon deal under the same account...I've gotten all the $30 coupons, (3 in one email, 2 in another) and used 3 of the $30 dollar coupon codes already with no problems. But the games were in good shape and complete and clean without stickers.[/QUOTE]

I've sent all mine in boxes and except for the one with a missing manual all mine have been near mint and complete with no stickers. That still didn't stop them from rejecting another game as "damaged". It was in a big box, padded with crumpled paper, and it was a perfect disc, case, and manual as I had even gone through the trouble of swapping it out at another GS since the original one I got from there was not so great.

So, yeah, it is still YMMV though certianly sending everything mint and complete increases your chances of a smooth submission.

FNR4 (PS3) is currently getting 33.00 at Amazon; NCAA 10 (PS3) is getting 29.25. With the new 25% coupon at Gamestop tomorrow, these would be good flips to move credit from Gamestop to Amazon.

damn that GS coupon is nice :drool:. I could buy used with 35% off or get a game new for roughly the same price through flip. Flips are a bit of a hassle though

Z(+)DIAC, i noticed amazon prices fluctuate a bit so i just left it at amazon base. Easier to read the list and keeps maintenance of the list low. I figure someone will click on a title they have interest in and see what current promos are in effect...just like you did for B:AA. I know some were disappointed with fluctuations in Rock Band Beatles. Thus the disclaimer i placed above the list ;)

Hey, when Fire Emblem Path of Radiance first showed up as the trade-in deal of the day last night it was a pathetic $8. Now it is a decent $19! I've never seen them raise a trade-in deal of the day. Though perhaps they had just forgotten to bump the price up and the $8 was their normal value.

[quote name='postureking']FNR4 (PS3) is currently getting 33.00 at Amazon; NCAA 10 (PS3) is getting 29.25. With the new 25% coupon at Gamestop tomorrow, these would be good flips to move credit from Gamestop to Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Not so great. By my calculations, 25% coupon plus 10% edge only gets you to $35.xx. Add in tax and I'd be looking at about a $5-6 loss per title.

I'm only interested in a 1:1 or close GS to Amazon flip (don't include the bonus).

[quote name='bob330i']Not so great. By my calculations, 25% coupon plus 10% edge only gets you to $35.xx. Add in tax and I'd be looking at about a $5-6 loss per title.

I'm only interested in a 1:1 or close GS to Amazon flip (don't include the bonus).[/QUOTE]

I'm looking for games that might have a $5-$6 gain from GS->Amazon (not including bonus). I agree games like FNR4, Punchout, etc aren't worth the time and effort. Maybe we'll get lucky with an Amazon Deal of the Day, but I won't be counting on it.

[quote name='bob330i']Not so great. By my calculations, 25% coupon plus 10% edge only gets you to $35.xx. Add in tax and I'd be looking at about a $5-6 loss per title.

I'm only interested in a 1:1 or close GS to Amazon flip (don't include the bonus).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I'm looking for games that might have a $5-$6 gain from GS->Amazon (not including bonus). I agree games like FNR4, Punchout, etc aren't worth the time and effort. Maybe we'll get lucky with an Amazon Deal of the Day, but I won't be counting on it.[/QUOTE]

If you add in the Amazon promo it's turning $72 GS credit for FNR4 and NCAA 10 (new coupon plus Edge) into $93 Amazon credit. That's good enough for me, plus, finding acceptable copies of the game is a lot easier when they are new releases.

ok, i finally found a game where I can make a $1.17 profit from GS->Amazon with the coupon. It should be really really unbelievably simple to find a few complete used BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Limited Editions for the ps3 at GS, right?

[quote name='postureking']If you add in the Amazon promo it's turning $72 GS credit for FNR4 and NCAA 10 (new coupon plus Edge) into $93 Amazon credit. That's good enough for me, plus, finding acceptable copies of the game is a lot easier when they are new releases.[/QUOTE]

in my state its $38.07 x2 (for 2 games would be $76.14). So I can make $16.86 ($93-$76.14) by driving to gamestop, waiting in line to get discs that are mint with manuals, peeling off the stickers, packing them up with bubblewrap in a box and taping them up with the amazon label, driving to the post office, find parking, and wait in line again, buy delivery confirmation for approx. $2, drive home, and wait a week or two for my amazon giftcard and coupon and hope that they dont reject any of my games or i might lose money.

Just typing that shitty run-on sentence wasn't worth $16.86 in amazon videogame credit.

(don't forget delivery confirmation and gas money either).

If I were doing it all for multiple 50% off coupons it would be worth it though.

Anyone know if the DJ Hero turntable is wireless? I have watched and read alot of stuff but nothing that I can find specifically states it.

I will probably end up using my 2nd 50% off code on the Renegade Edition. I have no use for NVG so I will pass on the MW2 Prestige Edition. Also I figured I could probably use the turntable stand for my TE Fightstick as well. Anything to keep it off my lap. Just a thought.

Called Amazon CS for the fourth time, told them about my faulty coupon code and they said they would have marketing e-mail me back a new code in 1-2 days. Funny thing is, the first CS rep I called 2 days ago said that. And nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back